• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas legislators file bills aimed at decriminalizing marijuana

Right. The pot had nothing to do with those deaths.

Newp. Pot didn't kill them, no matter how hard you stomp your feet and insist otherwise.

Nor have you (or can you) demonstrate that it did.

Sorry.

Oh Good Grief!
NOTHING will change if pot is legalized or decriminalized, the same people that will smoke pot afterward are the same people that smoke it Now. The ONLY difference is that people will not be put in jail for doing something that has been done for thousands of years and is not going to stop whether it is legal or illegal, wrap your brains around that fact. Enough already, if you Really believe in smaller government then you have to get the government out of peoples personal lives or is it just talk?

Newp. Pot didn't kill them, no matter how hard you stomp your feet and insist otherwise.

Nor have you (or can you) demonstrate that it did.

Sorry.

I love this argument coming from people who support gun control. :lamo

It didn't work with alcohol and cigarettes.

Is there a modern day Al Capone I'm not aware of? The media must be burying all the news about illegal cigarette and alcohol related turf wars and homicides.

Again, you can't focus.

My question to you is...how many people have ever died because of an overdose on marijuana?

How many airplanes have exploded because a depressurization?

I love this argument coming from people who support gun control. :lamo

Oh look, you have no argument so you deflect...

There are so many rather dim-witted and short-sighted social conservatives in Tejas that I can't see it passing.

I agree, after living there for 4 years, not happening, its a one party State in Austin, thus no weed legalization. Example-TX has one of the countries restrictive medical cannabis programs, oil only, high CBD, low THC, Abbott and fellow RWNJ's want no part of it. Thankfully, I relocated to Mass, screw Texas, and there backward thinking politicians.

How many airplanes have exploded because a depressurization?

BTW, the egyptian airliner wasn't blown up. Report out yesterday.

But, please, continue to try to change the subject because you can't make an intelligent argument on this subject.

Your surrender on the subject is noted.

Right. The pot had nothing to do with those deaths.

Do you realize they can only test for the metabolized, inactive thc, not the active compound that actually causes you to be high? The test only shows if someone got high in the last month give or take a week. That's probably over 50% of the adult population.

BTW, the egyptian airliner wasn't blown up. Report out yesterday.

But, please, continue to try to change the subject because you can't make an intelligent argument on this subject.

Your surrender on the subject is noted.

Tell us how an airplane can explode by losing pressure again. That was funny...lol

Where have I supported gun control?

Money where your mouth is.

I was referring to you, soecifically. It isn't always about you. However, I bet you support gun control. You aren't straight up 2A.

I was referring to you, soecifically. It isn't always about you. However, I bet you support gun control. You aren't straight up 2A.

A. No, you weren't referring to that.
B. Why do you promote and support a Marxist USA?

A. No, you weren't referring to that.
B. Why do you promote and support a Marxist USA?

How do I support a Marxist USA?

I notice you want to try to get away from 2A...lol

Tell us how an airplane can explode by losing pressure again. That was funny...lol

How sad that you can't argue on the topic anymore.

(BTW, I already owned your ass on that a long time ago)

How about you talk about the subject instead of trying to bait and troll?

Oh Good Grief!
NOTHING will change if pot is legalized or decriminalized, the same people that will smoke pot afterward are the same people that smoke it Now. The ONLY difference is that people will not be put in jail for doing something that has been done for thousands of years and is not going to stop whether it is legal or illegal, wrap your brains around that fact. Enough already, if you Really believe in smaller government then you have to get the government out of peoples personal lives or is it just talk?

Amen, homie. Amen.

Texas has already decriminalized it to a degree but its also up to the LEOs discretion. As for legalization in Texas ??? HELL NO !! Making marijuana out to be some healthy, benign alternative to alcohol is deeply misleading and highly irresponsible.

THC attaches itself to receptors in the brain that regulate everything from appetite to memory and studies have shown that chronic use causes substantial and irreversible changes to the brain that could affect a person for the rest of their life. Add to that that the marijuana available today is much higher in THC.

It is a dangerous substance and there's a good reason why its classified as a Schedule 1 substance and its misleading to push the narrative that getting high is comparable to and safer than drinking a beer. Its not. Consider some staggering statistics out of Colorado and ask why in the hell would any state want to follow their example ? Colorado now ranks third in the nation when it comes to youths between the ages of 12 and 17 who use marijuana and drug related school suspensions increased by 40 percent in 2013, compared with the 2008 school year and......

1) the majority of DUI drug arrests involve marijuana;

2) youth consumption of marijuana has increased;

3) drug-related suspensions/expulsions increased 32 percent over a 5-year period and a majority was for marijuana;

4) an increase in college users;

5) almost 50 percent of Denver arrestees tested positive for marijuana;

6) marijuana-related emergency-room visits increased 57 percent from 2011-2013; and

7) marijuana-related hospitalizations has increased 82 percent since 2008.

Sources? Other than Reefer Madness.

Let's take you points 1 through 7 one by one.

I forgot about that. All these states that are legalizing... might get beseiged by conservative "SMALL GOVERNMENT" dea raids from the feds depending on who Trump appoints.

Yep, Supremacy Clause is a bitch.

Back
Top Bottom