• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Such A Nightmare

AYSM

Pffffft
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
...all of these dreamers.

This whole DACA issue is totally foolish...Trump is one sick puppy playing games with so few lives in the overall scheme of things.

I never really gave much thought to DACA and what it was about...time to look into it a bit since it could adversely effect so many lives.
This immigration issue seems to be quite major in the minds of an apparent large minority of the population who appear somewhat stubborn in their position to ship them illegals back from where they came.

It sure seems to be a major problem that I'm having a hard time trying to understand as to why it's such a big deal.
I've started to look into it deeper...first, let's crunch the numbers...

A quick google search leads to the figure of 323,100,000 as the population of the USA as of 2016...close enough.

How many DACA people...appears to be about eight hundred thousand is the number being floated...sounds good enough to get us into such a small ballpark.

Do the math and I've got to wonder why these people pose such a threat, being as we are talking about .2476% of the overall population, their only perceived criminality being undocumented illegal aliens who are apparently better citizens than many born into citizenship, many of whom wouldn't qualify for a visa to visit if Trump has his way...seriously?

All over less than one quarter of one percent of the population...what justification?

How many are getting their applications in early to try and grab the jobs that would be vacated? Surely some have jobs.
All have life...do I recall a time when conservatives tried to link compassionate with their image...was that a real movement or was it some jackass came up with the label because it was the closest thing they found in the dictionary that sounded cool together?

:confused:

Its a sad thing but lets see what congress does.
It was punted to them lets see if they actually do something or just make more empty threats &/or promises.
Guess we will know what America truly stands for within 6 months.

This whole DACA issue is totally foolish...Trump is one sick puppy playing games with so few lives in the overall scheme of things.

I never really gave much thought to DACA and what it was about...time to look into it a bit since it could adversely effect so many lives.
This immigration issue seems to be quite major in the minds of an apparent large minority of the population who appear somewhat stubborn in their position to ship them illegals back from where they came.

It sure seems to be a major problem that I'm having a hard time trying to understand as to why it's such a big deal.

A quick google search leads to the figure of 323,100,000 as the population of the USA as of 2016...close enough.

How many DACA people...appears to be about eight hundred thousand is the number being floated...sounds good enough to get us into such a small ballpark.

Do the math and I've got to wonder why these people pose such a threat, being as we are talking about .2476% of the overall population, their only perceived criminality being undocumented illegal aliens who are apparently better citizens than many born into citizenship, many of whom wouldn't qualify for a visa to visit if Trump has his way...seriously?

All over less than one quarter of one percent of the population...what justification?

How many are getting their applications in early to try and grab the jobs that would be vacated? Surely some have jobs.
All have life...do I recall a time when conservatives tried to link compassionate with their image...was that a real movement or was it some jackass came up with the label because it was the closest thing they found in the dictionary that sounded cool together?

We have been getting told that there are 12-16 million "illegals" in the USA. This "dreamer" group is one that Trump can target without congressional action. Funny thing is. it makes these people "illegals", where as under the current rules they are legal. So, unless Trump can round them up and deport them, he is just saying that in 6 months the number of "illegals" will increase by almost 1M.

All of this because Immigration is one of the cans congress keeps kicking down the road, over and over. Maybe Trump's Red Line will make congress act? :lol::doh

Edit : IMO these "dreamers" seem like the last people that should be targeted to be deported as illegals.

Last edited:

Some of the DACA kids have been involved in the Harvey rescue an EMT for one.

Some of the DACA kids have been involved in the Harvey rescue an EMT for one.
These are good people we are talking about. They are not gang members and completely fit the description of an American.

Any immigration laws broken are civil, not criminal.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

There's no political reason to end DACA other than throwing some raw meat to his base, and spitefully unpicking yet another Obama policy, just because.

DREAMers are targeted because they're not white. /thread

First...DACA is illegal on its’ face since there is NO law passed by Congress that establishes it. It was created out of thin air by Obama which makes it executive legislation, otherwise known as tyranny.

Second...Congress DID ACT...the Dream Act legislation was fully debated in both the House and Senate, where IT FAILED TO PASS...

There is no sense having any federal immigration law if it is not going to be enforced except in "special" cases. The DACA "solution" is simply to declare some group of (cute?) illegal aliens immune from deportation - in other words, only they get to be "officially" exempt from the immigration law. The big joke is that more than 10 million illegal aliens are not going to be deported simply because congress will not (ever?) fund border security or interior enforcement of the immigration law.

What percentage any group of criminals is to the total population makes no difference. If you want to play percentage games then use the percentage of all illegal aliens in the US that are going to be deported - under 8% during Trump's entire term. Neither party wants to actually enforce the immigration law - the demorats seem to want more non-white folks in the country and the republicants seem to want to keep the cost of labor as low as possible.

You're looking at it wrong. First, DACA is illegal. Second, the number of people aren't as important as how much they cost. I'm not saying that the cost of DACA people is astronomically high but $$$s are more important than ###s.

I have no sympathy for these kids. Their parents broke the law. They don't have jobs. They cost taxpayers money. Deport Eric & Don Jr.

Dreamers are only "targeted" by those that want (only?) them to be exempted from federal immigration law. Before DACA there was still very little chance of minor, otherwise non-criminal, illegal immigrants being deported. With current (stepped up under Trump) enforcement levels less than 8% of all illegal aliens now in the US will be deported by 2020. Removing DACA still leaves at least a 92% chance that any of these "dreamers" will not be deported by 2020.

"Neither party wants to actually enforce the immigration law - the demorats seem to want more non-white folks in the country and the republicants seem to want to keep the cost of labor as low as possible."

If the cost of labor is low, then the profit is higher.

Who cares about "non-white folks in the country"? There were millions and millions of non-white folks in the America when my European ancestors showed up.

Dreamers are only "targeted" by those that want (only?) them to be exempted from federal immigration law. Before DACA there was still very little chance of minor, otherwise non-criminal, illegal immigrants being deported. With current (stepped up under Trump) enforcement levels less than 8% of all illegal aliens now in the US will be deported by 2020. Removing DACA still leaves at least a 92% chance that any of these "dreamers" will not be deported by 2020.

And that justifies the failure to reform our broken immigration system how?

Anyone who does not understand American law would think DACA is illegal.

"Neither party wants to actually enforce the immigration law - the demorats seem to want more non-white folks in the country and the republicants seem to want to keep the cost of labor as low as possible."

If the cost of labor is low, then the profit is higher.

Who cares about "non-white folks in the country"? There were millions and millions of non-white folks in the America when my European ancestors showed up.
That's not true. There was, in fact, a litmus test for those immigrants the showed up on Ellis island, including whether they spoke English and could they support themselves. OMG, the DACAs can do that. What a surprise.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

There's no political reason to end DACA other than throwing some raw meat to his base, and spitefully unpicking yet another Obama policy, just because.

The US constitution does not allow for Obama, or any other president, to add, delete or change federal laws. What, exactly, should be considered "super special" about only the (800k?) illegal aliens that arrived before 6/15/2007 but were under 17 and did not ever leave the country before 6/15/2012?

Deport DACA recipients, their parents, and the rest of the illegal aliens here. They are violating our laws.

We have been getting told that there are 12-16 million "illegals" in the USA. This "dreamer" group is one that Trump can target without congressional action. Funny thing is. it makes these people "illegals", where as under the current rules they are legal. So, unless Trump can round them up and deport them, he is just saying that in 6 months the number of "illegals" will increase by almost 1M.

All of this because Immigration is one of the cans congress keeps kicking down the road, over and over. Maybe Trump's Red Line will make congress act? :lol::doh

Edit : IMO these "dreamers" seem like the last people that should be targeted to be deported as illegals.

I agree with your edit...trying to group them into a single entity is just wrong.

Even taking the high number we don't reach 5% of the population...most of us pay a higher percentage of our income to cover sales tax...deport the real criminals but additional mass deportation will have a major adverse effect on our economy and future growth.

Personally, I doubt that Trump actually gives a damn about the issue...red meat for the base and create more chaos in congress...he's rather prone to creating failure in his attempts to make congress look bad, like they need more on their plate...in his sick mind that justifies him as being able to see himself as a winner...it's always someone else's fault.

If, as you say, he doesn't need congress that makes for a stronger case that he's just heaping more on their plate rather than growing some balls, take action, accept the responsibility of his actions.

Maybe he's getting the hang of this government stuff...he wants the authority and control but not the responsibility for the results...just claim victory for his minions even when there isn't much that actually justifies it.

He's suppose to be the big success in the television industry but if you took this script to Hollywood they'd probably reject it as being too absurd to be made to seem believable.

drip drip drip

And that justifies the failure to reform our broken immigration system how?

I never said anything justified not having the immigration law changed by congress or that congress should pass laws that they will not appropriate funds to have enforced.

That's not true. There was, in fact, a litmus test for those immigrants the showed up on Ellis island, including whether they spoke English and could they support themselves. OMG, the DACAs can do that. What a surprise. Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk
^^^ Wrong answer to the wrong non-asked question.

My Euro-American ancestors landed in New England in the 1640s and crossed the Sabine in 1834.

They were white. The land owners were people of color in both cases.

Deport DACA recipients, their parents, and the rest of the illegal aliens here. They are violating our laws.

Yep start with Trumps wife and her kid. Also check the immigration status of his first wife, since she is also one of those dirty foreigners... maybe we can get lucky and both boys and Ivanka can get kicked out as well! They can go live with uncle Putin in Siberia.

That's right. Has nothing to do with the law or being a sovereign nation with borders and immigration control.

Just open the borders and let everyone in. We can afford it. We can all wear our ***** hats down to get our government checks. /of the nation

Yep start with Trumps wife and her kid. Also check the immigration status of his first wife, since she is also one of those dirty foreigners... maybe we can get lucky and both boys and Ivanka can get kicked out as well! They can go live with uncle Putin in Siberia.

Ok, but first we have to deport Obama back to Kenya and get his college grades released.

The US constitution does not allow for Obama, or any other president, to add, delete or change federal laws. What, exactly, should be considered "super special" about only the (800k?) illegal aliens that arrived before 6/15/2007 but were under 17 and did not ever leave the country before 6/15/2012?

They'll eventually vote Democrat, that's what.

Back
Top Bottom