• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stephon Clark was shot six times in the back, independent autopsy finds[W:165]

Re: Stephon Clark was shot six times in the back, independent autopsy finds

I’m not saying it’s wrong but just a controversial choice for the autopsy

Do you a link to a source that would indicate that? I live nearby and the Sacramento Bee hasn't commented about the qualifications, or lack thereof, of the ME.

And not obeying our agents, the police.

Those people who do things like not let NBA ticket holders into the game that they have tickets for because they are "Protesting" this justified killing of a thug are thugs as well.

Exactly...the greatest lesson that can be learned from this shooting, among 100's of others is...stop resisting, comply with LE...or else it can get you killed...

The view from the helicopter and the autopsy results show that the initial police report was untrue; Clark was not advancing toward the officers and he was not crouched in a "shooter stance".

The officers were crouched behind the corner of the house. Not once did they announce they were police. He was running away from them, toward the fence in his grandmother's backyard when they opened fire. Afterward, a voice caught on their body cams told them to "mute" the cameras. They did, and the sound was lost.

The police lied from the first moments, from stating he held some kind of "tool bar" to screaming "gun, gun, gun!" at the moment they were blasting him. Now I can't say from what I've seen whether this shooting was legally justified or not, but they were looking for a vandalism suspect, not a murderer, so it seems to me that shouting, "Stop! Police, get down on the ground" a couple of times would have been more appropriate.

I understand why people are pissed off. I'm pissed off.

I'm sure someone will find a way to paint this man as a thug.

Maybe it's time to disarm the police.

Which is something you probably supported before the Clark shooting ever occurred, yes?

one shot should have been enough

Absolutely horrible. No doubt this will be brought before a grand jury and charges likely (should be) pressed. When you read the details in the article, you'll see why. I'm curious what the body cameras (hopefully available) show. Really bad.

Stephon Clark was shot six times in the back, independent autopsy finds

Stephon Clark, the unarmed African American man whose shooting by police has caused protests and national outcry, was shot six times in the back, an independent forensic pathologist said Friday.

Dr. Bennet Omalu conducted an autopsy days after Clark was killed by police. He told reporters that his examination showed that Clark was hit by eight bullets, and all but one entered while his back was facing police.

Wow. What a terrible story all around.

I think you're right - this will have to be investigated. Six shots in the back? And they turned off their audio?

So many lives are ruined, from the dead man's to the LEOs.

Absolutely horrible. No doubt this will be brought before a grand jury and charges likely (should be) pressed. When you read the details in the article, you'll see why. I'm curious what the body cameras (hopefully available) show. Really bad.

Stephon Clark, the unarmed African American man whose shooting by police has caused protests and national outcry, was shot six times in the back, an independent forensic pathologist said Friday.

Dr. Bennet Omalu conducted an autopsy days after Clark was killed by police. He told reporters that his examination showed that Clark was hit by eight bullets, and all but one entered while his back was facing police.

When there's been reports that neighborhood cars are in the process of being burglarized, and it's pitch black dark outside, and a guy with what appears to be a gun in his hand is caught running, while refusing to obey LE's commands, I am not surprised that he wasn't shot more.

I'm on the right and even to me, this shooting doesn't sound right. Hopefully they have body cam footage. If not, the forensic evidence between both coroners will be brought forth and the grand jury will either see evidence that contradicts between coroners, or evidence that confirms the forensic findings.

At this point, I don't know. But if that report (linked) is accurate. The cops are in for a world of trouble.

I may be wrong here,but 16 seconds passed from the time where the Officers confronted him till shots fired???

I may be wrong here,but 16 seconds passed from the time where the Officers confronted him till shots fired???

I am pretty sure that the agreed number is 17 seconds, 17 seconds of a thug not following lawful orders.

Which officer cam, which minute:second mark?

I see virtually nothing relevant in the videos posted in this thread, not the least of which is because the officers properly hold their firearms with two hands while aiming at the suspect, with the result that the most important part of the chest-cam feed is blocked by views of the officers' arms and hands.

I don't think I can even see the guy in either of the police cams just before and during the shooting.

It was the one from the helicopter

Not exactly the most reputable doctor

Please explain why he is not a reputable doctor. I have found nothing to suggest that.

I am pretty sure that the agreed number is 17 seconds, 17 seconds of a thug not following lawful orders.
What qualifies someone as a thug?

What qualifies someone as a thug?

Umm he was breaking out neighbor's windows...that is why the police were there in the first place...

Umm he was breaking out neighbor's windows...that is why the police were there in the first place...
So vandalism makes you a thug now? That's new to me. Generally thugs are associated with violence.
Thug - a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

I don't know, maybe because he's a black male, he's suddenly cruel and/or vicious? I'm not sure how else to fill in the blanks here.

So vandalism makes you a thug now? That's new to me. Generally thugs are associated with violence.
Thug - a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

I don't know, maybe because he's a black male, he's suddenly cruel and/or vicious? I'm not sure how else to fill in the blanks here.

Small crimes generally lead to bigger crimes...I have no sympathy for anyone breaking the law or disobeying LE...

I highly doubt that, unless he was doing it with his iphone.

Small crimes generally lead to bigger crimes...I have no sympathy for anyone breaking the law or disobeying LE...
I hope you've never gone over the speed limit or rolled through a stop sign. You might start murdering people soon...

AFAIK, cops did not witness any crimes other than trespassing before they interacted with him. I doubt police procedures call for shooting fleeing trespassers in the back.

There are lots of people who may be unable to obey police orders depending on the circumstance - deaf people, developmentally disabled people, children, people with severe anxiety/PTSD/panic attacks, severely inebriated people, schizophrenics, etc... None of those things should be a death sentence.

I hope you've never gone over the speed limit or rolled through a stop sign. You might start murdering people soon...

AFAIK, cops did not witness any crimes other than trespassing before they interacted with him. I doubt police procedures call for shooting fleeing trespassers in the back.

There are lots of people who may be unable to obey police orders depending on the circumstance - deaf people, developmentally disabled people, children, people with severe anxiety/PTSD/panic attacks, severely inebriated people, schizophrenics, etc... None of those things should be a death sentence.

I can tell ya one thing, I've never had reason to run from LE nor have I ever given them reason to chase me...the things you are talking about are totally different from what this guy did...LE was in the vicinity because there were reports of someone going through the neighborhood breaking people's windows...

What exactly is the debate here? People act like a crime has been committed. I think our judicial system has made it abundantly clear that it is not a crime for police to repeatedly shoot unarmed people especially of color. These guys will probably be rewarded.

I can tell ya one thing, I've never had reason to run from LE nor have I ever given them reason to chase me...the things you are talking about are totally different from what this guy did...LE was in the vicinity because there were reports of someone going through the neighborhood breaking people's windows...

Countless people run from cops. Resisting arrest shouldn't be a death sentence. This man, and countless others, were not reasonably a threat to anyone. Even if someone is running or going to run doesn't make them a threat that has to be gunned down.

Countless people run from cops. Resisting arrest shouldn't be a death sentence. This man, and countless others, were not reasonably a threat to anyone. Even if someone is running or going to run doesn't make them a threat that has to be gunned down.

He was pointing his phone at them, videotaping probably...they thought it was a gun...what would you have done in that situation?

He was pointing his phone at them, videotaping probably...they thought it was a gun...what would you have done in that situation?

are there pictures and video of that, howd he get shot in the back if that was the case?

It was the one from the helicopter

Not the one in this thread do you have that one? is it in the other thread?

I tend to not murder people for using phones. But I'm sort of odd.

And pointing a phone at them.....with his back turned....running away....and a phone does not even kind of look like a gun. At all.

This is nothing more than justifying murdering black people. No matter how you spin it, theft and running should not warrant a death sentence. There was absolutely nothing to indicate this man was armed. It is sad that it is ok to kill for any reason.

Back
Top Bottom