• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stephon Clark was shot six times in the back, independent autopsy finds[W:165]

Re: Stephon Clark was shot six times in the back, independent autopsy finds

Some of you are funny as hell.

If I wanted to say nigger, I'd say nigger.

No one has ever shut me up and no one ever will.

Hey, I like my racists out in the open and proud of it. So good on you. Easier to tell their motivations, if we don't have to pick apart the new coded language at every turn.

Hey, I like my racists out in the open and proud of it. So good on you. Easier to tell their motivations, if we don't have to pick apart the new coded language at every turn.

sheesh... guys, no need for that here in this thread at all.

:(

I'm not a racist. I'm a free speech, anti-PC advocate. I'm one of the millions of reasons Trump won.

You don't even know me. Your personal attack is vicious and uncalled for.

Is this sort of incivility allowed here?

I really wasn't going to give your post a reply until I hit

Slavery still exists in the Middle East, the Philippines, and India. What those cultures have in common is Islam. Slavery started in pre-Islamic Arabia and is at this point primarily an Islamic practice, and slavery cases in America almost if not exclusively commited by Muslims. Worldwide about 70% of slaves are women.

Which is so factually inaccurate that I can't let it stand.

It is correct that around 73% of the people who live in the Middle East are Muslims.

However, the largest religion in the Philippines is "Christianity" to which around 91.38% of the population subscribes (around 5./57% claim Islam as their religion).

The largest religion in India is Hinduism to which around 79.80% of the population subscribes (around 14.23% claim Islam as their religion).

I did check out the link you provided, and after reading every case on the first two pages, the most obvious common factor in all of the "slavery" cases was that the defendants were "not white". The obvious exception, of course, it the largest case where all of the eleven defendants were good, white, Irish, Catholics (but I suspect that you missed that one).

Well of course. My Congressman is one, he steals our money and our rights for his career and personal gain. He's entrenched and corrupt. He's that way because he's a Democrat.

I hope that you realize that you have now narrowed your place of residence to the 1st and 4th Congressional Districts of your state.

I won't even comment on the glaring irony of that. LOL

If you consider "his is why we have a violence epidemic in the US, I think. The basic respect for human life is so diluted in this country that we have no collective care for the value of a living being, even an imperfect one, anymore." to be "ironic" and a laughing matter, then I hope that you won't be offended to learn that I consider people who think that a respect for human life is a laughing matter are more likely to be a part of the problem than they are to be a part of the solution.

I hate repeat criminals, and I hate that we constantly put them back out on the street.

I read the study so long ago that there wasn't even any Internet and we still had to do our term papers on typewriters, but there is a study out there (actually quite a few - but I'm too lazy to go and look for them) to the effect that most "career criminals" (especially at the lower end of the "economic reward for activity" scale have actually made the most cost/effective "career choice" that was reasonably open to them given their levels of intelligence, education, training, and socialization.

What that means is that your "average" lout who breaks into peoples' houses and steals stuff, can make more money doing that than they can through attempting to hold "honest employment". True, there is always the possibility that they will get a chance to become "guests of the government" from time to time, but the apprehension rate for the moderately skilled is actually quite low (and, besides, they don't need any income while they are "guests of the government").

PS - If you want to take a cynical look at the situation, postulate that "All crime stops completely and irrevocably." then project what effect that would have on the unemployment rate (don't forget to include the personnel in the insurance companies that deal with "loss through crime" and the sudden loss of investment income because all of the "loss through crime" insurance policies would no longer be needed - so people wouldn't be paying the insurance premiums [oh yes, and don't forget to include the sudden decrease in demand for lawyers {and their staffs}, judges, courthouse staffs {and the related civil service bureaucracy}, and social workers {and THEIR related staffs}]). The conclusion that you are likely to reach is [HIGHLIGHT TO READ]"A complete elimination of crime in the United States of America would be disastrous for the US economy"[We now return you to your regularly scheduled font colour.].

I'm right.

A statement that I'm not going to even look like I might be thinking considering about possibly touching with a ten foot pole.

Do you know history?

Yes.

The Democratic Party defended slavery and started the KKK to terrorize blacks.

Did you know that "racism" started long before the Democratic Party came into existence?

Founding Fathers and Slaveholders

Wait -- Was Michele Bachmann Actually Right About The Founding Fathers Working To End Slavery?

How many of the signers of the Declaration of Independence owned slaves?

It appears that your knowledge of American history is on a par with your knowledge of the religious demographics of the Philippines and India.

Do you think it shouldn't succeed as a defense?

Only if it wasn't true.

Unfortunately the mere rote repetition of those words will result in an acquittal absent independent confirmation that what the cop actually said was something like. "OK, you F***ng M***r F***r! Now I'm gonna kill you and I'll get away with it because I'm a white cop and your just a "F***ng 'N'word".".

Some of you are funny as hell.

If I wanted to say nigger, I'd say nigger.

No one has ever shut me up and no one ever will.

The first person who says "More's the pity." will be fined 10Cyberbucks.

Bob, what parts are you not understanding, that you think the origin of the word proves that the word isn't being used as a PC version of Nigger today? How bout animal, or monkey. Both of those words seem fine right? Til an old white **** uses them to describe Obama. You get it?

The left co opts words and turns them into dog whistles.

Then you are familiar with the concept, congratulations, you get a gold star for today...

Oh and by the way, free lesson, don't imply your entire side is racist by saying the left does it to, when no one is accusing the entire right of doing so...

Then you are familiar with the concept, congratulations, you get a gold star for today...

Oh and by the way, free lesson, don't imply your entire side is racist by saying the left does it to, when no one is accusing the entire right of doing so...

Thug describes a criminal. If you note the criminal is a particular color, that's on YOU.

Thug describes a criminal. If you note the criminal is a particular color, that's on YOU.

mhmm, and I'm sure when you were convicted of a felony, all the lil old white ladies down in Florida were calling you a thug. Where I'm from the lil old white ladies call the black kid behind the Mcdonalds counter with saggy britches thug. What's his crime? Saggy britches? Wasn't aware that made him a criminal...

I hope that you realize that you have now narrowed your place of residence to the 1st and 4th Congressional Districts of your state.
So? Are you some kind of stalker?

Words as weapons. The Left loves to use that particular strategy. We're not fooled.

Those who use "racist" as a weapon are the real racists. They see people as objects to be used for their votes and then thrown away.

mhmm, and I'm sure when you were convicted of a felony, all the lil old white ladies down in Florida were calling you a thug.
Why must your illustrations be couched as personal attacks? I think that's thuggish behavior right there.

Moderator's Warning:

Here is the topic: Stephon Clark was shot six times in the back, independent autopsy finds

The topic of the thread is not each other or other posters. Knock off the personal commentary and baiting. Also, the topic has gone off the rails with respect to discussion of what a "thug" is/means, to the exclusion of the news story in the OP. That needs to stop as well. If anyone wants to discuss that, they can open a thread elsewhere but any further discussion of the meaning of "thug" in this thread will be met with thread bans, at the least.

*Moderation is still possible on posts made before this warning.

I read the study so long ago that there wasn't even any Internet and we still had to do our term papers on typewriters, but there is a study out there (actually quite a few - but I'm too lazy to go and look for them) to the effect that most "career criminals" (especially at the lower end of the "economic reward for activity" scale have actually made the most cost/effective "career choice" that was reasonably open to them given their levels of intelligence, education, training, and socialization.

What that means is that your "average" lout who breaks into peoples' houses and steals stuff, can make more money doing that than they can through attempting to hold "honest employment". True, there is always the possibility that they will get a chance to become "guests of the government" from time to time, but the apprehension rate for the moderately skilled is actually quite low (and, besides, they don't need any income while they are "guests of the government").

PS - If you want to take a cynical look at the situation, postulate that "All crime stops completely and irrevocably." then project what effect that would have on the unemployment rate (don't forget to include the personnel in the insurance companies that deal with "loss through crime" and the sudden loss of investment income because all of the "loss through crime" insurance policies would no longer be needed - so people wouldn't be paying the insurance premiums [oh yes, and don't forget to include the sudden decrease in demand for lawyers {and their staffs}, judges, courthouse staffs {and the related civil service bureaucracy}, and social workers {and THEIR related staffs}]). The conclusion that you are likely to reach is [HIGHLIGHT TO READ]"A complete elimination of crime in the United States of America would be disastrous for the US economy"[We now return you to your regularly scheduled font colour.].
And, when we really think about it, only the dumb ones get caught. So, in many more ways than one--crime does pay.

Back
Top Bottom