• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Special counsel Robert Mueller's highly anticipated report handed off to Department of Justice

Listening to CNN. They are not handling this well. Lol

They're proposing for a congressional hearing with Mueller.

There has to be some connection to oversight...otherwise you have a police state. And I REALLY dont think you want that either.

But we do both agree...there is too much politics involved in ALL of the DOJ and HSA.

Oversight/interference ought never to come from any political quarter at the level of the wrongdoings of any single individual because we all think, at least I hope we all do, that if someone is convicted of a crime, however large or small, that such proceedings MUST be free of even the hint of POLITICAL BIAS.

Political oversight is what we want ONLY in a general, overall review of the legal system, again, not for any one person, or even a group of people.

No that anyone is going to listen to me, but here's my official prediction: The report will not be made public in its entirety. We will get parts--perhaps substantial parts, and claims of summaries of the rest, with all the usual partisan argument. Barr will claim to have "summarized the major findings" to Congress, while democratic congresspeople who get to see the full report will claim that his summaries are inadequate and misleading. Democrats will point out that the report suggests a lot of shady stuff around Trump, while Republicans will point out that none of that shady stuff is proven.

That is, nothing will be resolved. It'll all go on much as it has up to now. Democrats will point to the people around Trump who have gone to prison, and will point out (quite rightly) that if Obama had had that many campaign aids going to jail, Republicans would be clamoring for impeachment. Republicans will point out (quite rightly) that in the same situation, Democrats would have been defending their guy and shouting about no evidence of wrongdoing or criminal activity on Obama's part.

In the meantime, the SDNY investigation will continue to be ignored by both parties.

Finally, Trump will lose the next election, because the country will be in recession in the months leading up to the 2020 election, and voters will do what they always do in such situations.

Republicans didn't pay attention to the mandate and think this will end every other criminal investigation that has been opened in the last two years.

If they're willing to take a W for that case, while maintaining that losing streak on every other case that has been opened on Trump businesses, and associates at federal and state levels they really have taken worship of Trump to another level.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

So far my only disappointment in this that Mueller did not test the rediculous assertion that a sitting president can not be indicted, instead he followed the standard impeachment process.

Now we will deal with months of court cases with trump and company trying to bury the report, most likely starting with bar.

I expect months of leaks and speculation.

For those of you that think this was a win for trump, you're wrong, . months of coverage of trying to cover up the contents of the report will not play well during an election...

Have you heard Schumer yet? They are positioning themselves to reject the reports findings and move on to new findings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

I think they should do just that. I also think they will lose the 2020 election as a result of their efforts. :mrgreen:
I love how the Democrats are demanding what the DOJ and the WH should do while looking like major hypocrites for trying to interfere. What a bunch of desperate jerks.

I'm just telling you that all presidents can look forward to having a special council looking through their lives for their entire time in office. Neither side has any grounds to object to it at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

You're being silly. Trump brought the special counsel investigation on himself with his grotesque impropriety.

Trump triggered the special counsel. Odds are very low that the next president will do that. It took a special obsessive stupidity.

I also am relieved that it doesn't look like the current President of the United States actively colluded with Russia to win the election, outside of a few moronic public statements.

But this is not a victory for anyone. The very fact that I have to say the above statement is a sad state of affairs: 34 indictments, including some of Trump's closest aides, many of whom have plead guilty. This is a black mark on the integrity of America, and it is the result of Donald Trump's incompetence at his job.

Pretty good thus far. Dems have some splainin to do now. Our turn!
I did not have a problem so I do not know what you expect. Since it is going so well for you, what would have been an acceptable cost?

Who is in town? One thing I have taken away from the last two years is because they take a break every time they turn around.

I believe congress is only in session 120 days a year. Would love to have a job where I only have to show up 4 months of the year.

Business spending is way down and recession predicting indicators are up.

so continue to promote the negative without posting any alternative. Your party controls the House so what have they proposed to benefit the U.S. economy and people? Spending is way down the first two months of 2019 with record cold and typical economic results. The polls tell a different story by the silent majority. What do they know that you don't?

It truly must suck to be a liberal today and every day for all you have is negativity and never celebrating success. I feel sorry for you and those that support your ideology. you have to offer the American people something positive, what would that be?

Ag Barr has already announced he will release the Barr report explaining what is in the Mueller report on Sunday. This Mueller report could have been completed in a few months. AG Barr will provide the details and we can finally put a rest to this nonsense and hopefully the Democrats can start doing their job.

Can I please save this for later! Please!

I did not have a problem so I do not know what you expect. Since it is going so well for you, what would have been an acceptable cost?

0, it was a witch hunt. On the bright side, a couple of dems here on DP will be packing their bags for good since they took the AlphaOmega resign challenge if Mueller found no Trump/Russia collusion.

MSNBC's Madcow is probably crying like she did on Prez election night in 2016

Can you imagine the spinning from jerkballs on liberal cable tv and the bogus headlines by so called journalists from the liberal media?

:rofl

Remember when the president told the country that there was going to be nothing, meaning no indictments, coming from all this?
He was right!
Oh, and the left was so sure Jared was a Russian spy with back channels going to Putin. Lol!
And Donald Jr. was colluding with Russia to influence the election in his father's favor.
Let's not forget the Trump was cozying up to Putin because of their ties to one another...

What utter :bs

The investigation is over. Time for Democrats to move along. There is no Russian collusion.

Even if Trump got the best possible scenario from the Mueller Report, he is set to face charges for the rest of his post-presidential life. Those potential bank fraud/tax fraud/campaign fraud charges aren't going away.

Back
Top Bottom