• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some on Mueller’s Team See Their Findings as More Damaging for Trump Than Barr Revealed

So, it's not about Barr shilling for Trump. The real problem is that these people who conducted the investigation won't tell their names to the Times, so Trump can retaliate against them. Got it!

How lame. Everyone knows the report hasn't been released to Congress yet much less to the general public. NO NAMES of anyone involved in that investigation can be used prior to that release and perhaps not even afterwards. Do you really think they're afraid of Trump's retaliation? If you do then you just admitted that Trump is a vindictive piece of worthless **** of a president.

Keep in mind: every single attorney hired is a Democrat and all but one donated to Democrat campaigns, only.

This anonymous speculation is why the Democrats will never allow the report to go public.

Yep, it's like the "Barr report" never came out and we're back to the days before the Mueller report was completed.

We saw exactly what all this unofficial uncorroborated nonsense led to the last time.
it amounted to bunk.

you have to remember that over half of muellers team were anti-trumpers.

Really which ones???

Please list them so we all know...

Yep no collusion no obstruction charges.

Please point out where in either of bars letters did it say "no collusion"...

Oh and what do the words does not exonerate mean???

Please point out where in either of bars letters did it say "no collusion"...

Oh and what do the words does not exonerate mean???
Can you read? I said no collusion no obstruction charges. There are no collusion or obstruction charges.

Re: Some on Mueller’s Team See Their Findings as More Damaging for Trump Than Barr Revealed

Barr's 19-page memo -- which concluded that Trump's publicly reported interactions with ex-FBI Director James Comey could not constitute obstruction of justice -- was addressed to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Assistant Attorney General Steve Engel and released as a part of Barr's Senate questionnaire last month. But it was previously unclear who else had seen it.
In a letter to Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham Monday night, Barr said that he had sent it to White House special counsel Emmet Flood, Solicitor General Noel Francisco, and his former Justice Department colleague Pat Cipollone who is now White House counsel. He also discussed the issues raised in the memo with Trump lawyers Marty and Jane Raskin and Jay Sekulow. In addition he sent a copy, or had a conversation about the contents of the memo with Abbe Lowell, an attorney for Jared Kushner.

Barr sent or discussed controversial memo with Trump lawyers - CNNPolitics

The Senate confirmed Barr by a 54 - 45 vote. All but two GOPPERS voted to confirm him. Weirdo Rand Paul (KY) voted "NO". Richard Burr (NC) supported Barr; did not attend the confirmation vote due to a funeral. 3 DEMs from Red States voted "YES"; Joe Manchin (WV), Doug Jones (AL), Kyrsten Sinema (AZ).

William Barr Senate confirmation vote count: Here’s how senators voted

“Attorney General Barr has my full support as a well-qualified and experienced lawyer who is eminently capable of serving as the head of the Department of Justice. He is one of the most experienced nominees in history, having already served as Attorney General under President George H. W. Bush, with a career spanning various positions at the Justice Department, the Central Intelligence Agency, and the private sector.

“Unfortunately, I was unable to cast my vote to confirm Attorney General Barr today because I was attending the funeral of my good friend Congressman Walter Jones in Greenville, N.C. However, I look forward to working with the new Attorney General and feel confident he will serve the country faithfully.”

Press Release | Press Releases | Press | U.S. Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina

So, Barr whitewashed the Mueller Report. Chump and the Trumpanzees howled in delight and took a premature victory lap.

Now, we the Anti-Trumpers await for a more accurate portrayal of what the Mueller Report revealed.

Keep in mind: every single attorney hired is a Democrat and all but one donated to Democrat campaigns, only.

This anonymous speculation is why the Democrats will never allow the report to go public.

Democrats have been pressing hard doe releasing the report. Pretend more.

More anonymous sources I see... How convenient.

If these sources actually exist and are telling the truth, why do you suppose they won't come forward and voice those opinions on the record?

How convenient that you drag out the same old lame trope.

Watergate...anonymous...history.

Don't know if this appeared in the NYTimes story, but this part is rather important:

Some members of the office were particularly disappointed that Barr did not release summary information the special counsel team had prepared, according to two people familiar with their reactions.

“There was immediate displeasure from the team when they saw how the attorney general had characterized their work instead,” according one U.S. official briefed on the matter.

Summaries were prepared for different sections of the report, with a view that they could made public, the official said.

The report was prepared “so that the front matter from each section could have been released immediately — or very quickly,” the official said. “It was done in a way that minimum redactions, if any, would have been necessary, and the work would have spoken for itself.”

So the argument that Barr "is just following the law" is horse****. He has a report specifically crafted for public consumption and he's sitting on it.

Anonymous Sources are neither a new concept nor the seedy one that you portray. They are often the only way to get the truth from people who would face discipline if they were revealed.

See: The Society of Professional Journalists

Right. Because those anonymous sources did such a bang up job over the last two years. But you will believe what you want to believe.

Yep, it's like the "Barr report" never came out and we're back to the days before the Mueller report was completed.

Yes. You guys are right back to believing the same CT nonsense

They always do, predictable as a sunrise.

Says the man who was completely duped by the Collusion hoax and is still being duped. LIberal rubes. :lamo

Yes. You guys are right back to believing the same CT nonsense

"You guys"? You can search my post history as of late, I've not really given any opinions as I am waiting to see the report.

Right. Because those anonymous sources did such a bang up job over the last two years. But you will believe what you want to believe.
Well, they did. Anonymous sources Said that Michael Cohen was going to talk to Mueller. He did. Of course, the hypocrisy is that Trump quotes anonymous sources when it suits him. Trump promoted his Birther conspiracy theory by claiming an unidentified but, according to him, “extremely credible source” had called his office to say former President Barack Obama’s birth certificate was a fraud. The difference is that reputable newspapers, like the Times, are trying to report facts and check their sources.

Well, they did. Anonymous sources Said that Michael Cohen was going to talk to Mueller. He did. Of course, the hypocrisy is that Trump quotes anonymous sources when it suits him. Trump promoted his Birther conspiracy theory by claiming an unidentified but, according to him, “extremely credible source” had called his office to say former President Barack Obama’s birth certificate was a fraud. The difference is that reputable newspapers, like the Times, are trying to report facts and check their sources.

There were a lot of stories with anonymous sources that turned out to be completely false. Comey, in his testimony, actually pointed out a Times piece that he called factually incorrect. Muellers team actually came out and shot down a story. Every day for the last two years there was an anonymously sourced story that "IF TRUE" would be the 'turning point' 'the beginning of the end' a 'bombshell' We heard it over and over and over again. None turned out to be true. You want to know how you know there was no collusion with Russia? Mueller indicted no one for any crime related to Russia and the 2016 election.

There were a lot of stories with anonymous sources that turned out to be completely false. Comey, in his testimony, actually pointed out a Times piece that he called factually incorrect. Muellers team actually came out and shot down a story. Every day for the last two years there was an anonymously sourced story that "IF TRUE" would be the 'turning point' 'the beginning of the end' a 'bombshell' We heard it over and over and over again. None turned out to be true. You want to know how you know there was no collusion with Russia? Mueller indicted no one for any crime related to Russia and the 2016 election.
Saying “a lot of stories “ tells us nothing. Cite a few.
Not indicting anyone doesn’t mean they didn’t do it. It just means there wasn’t enough evidence to prosecute. It may also mean that the obstruction of the investigation was successful enough.

Says the man who was completely duped by the Collusion hoax and is still being duped. LIberal rubes. :lamo

Oh Fletch, you just live for your cult leader don't you?

I want to read the report, don't you?

Saying “a lot of stories “ tells us nothing. Cite a few.
Not indicting anyone doesn’t mean they didn’t do it. It just means there wasn’t enough evidence to prosecute. It may also mean that the obstruction of the investigation was successful enough.

I heard that Obama's birth certificate is a fraud.
What? There is not enough evidence to say such a claim is true? Doesn't mean it isn't.

You guys need to get away from the conspiracy theories.

Democrats have been pressing hard doe releasing the report. Pretend more.

That's just a show for their idiot base.

Wait...and...see.

No. The problem is...you don't actually know if anyone from Mueller's team actually said anything to the unnamed people who talked to the Times.

But hey...I don't blame you if you go off on wild speculative fantasies because someone told you a rumor. Heck, you've been doing that for years. Say...how did that rumor about Trump/Russia work out for you? Still waiting for that Trump perp-walk out of the WH?

Then release the full report including underlying documents to Congress. Same as Starr did. Amirite?

Then release the full report including underlying documents to Congress. Same as Starr did. Amirite?

No. You are not right.

Someone passing rumors is not justification to break the law.

Release all of it. Including the information which caused the Obama DOJ to think Trump & Co. conspired with Russia.

People would go on the record if it was not for the threats by Trumpists and Trump himself.

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

I heard that Obama's birth certificate is a fraud.
What? There is not enough evidence to say such a claim is true? Doesn't mean it isn't.

You guys need to get away from the conspiracy theories.
We need to get away from the conspiracy theories? That's laughable considering the right-wing echo chamber is the breeding ground for conspiracy theories. Did you hear the one about Hillary Clinton killing Vince Foster -- or the one about Hillary Clinton running a sex-slave trafficing operation out of a Washington DC pizza parlor? How about the one about climate change being a conspiracy with China, all the scientist around the world and leftists, to centralize control from the UN?

Back
Top Bottom