• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some on Mueller’s Team See Their Findings as More Damaging for Trump Than Barr Revealed

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
[h=1]Some on Mueller’s Team See Their Findings as More Damaging for Trump Than Barr Revealed[/h]
WASHINGTON — Some of Robert S. Mueller III’s investigators have told associates that Attorney General William P. Barr failed to adequately portray the findings of their inquiry and that they were more troubling for President Trump than Mr. Barr indicated, according to government officials and others familiar with their simmering frustrations.

This is a piece of news that feeds calls to release the entire Mueller report. It's what some expected: Barr, a Trump political appointee, toning down any negative portrayal of the report. It also is telling that the Prez, who proclaimed exoneration, is now saying that the report should not be released to Congress.

This is a piece of news that feeds calls to release the entire Mueller report. It's what some expected: Barr, a Trump political appointee, toning down any negative portrayal of the report. It also is telling that the Prez, who proclaimed exoneration, is now saying that the report should not be released to Congress.

Holy crapola, I just saw this on Chris Matthews. As Democrats suspected, Barr IS a shill for Trump! They say it did NOT exonerate Trump. Barr was upset when he got the report because it did not exonerate Trump, that decision was made by Rod Rosenstein and Barr.

Let me know when "Some on Mueller's Team" have the balls to speak for themselves...and give their names to their words, instead of having "associates" tell the media what someone supposedly said.

Or...perhaps those "Some on Mueller's Team" should go talk to Mueller and have him talk to Barr, since Mueller is working hand in hand with the AG now.

In any case, I'll pass on the rumors.

btw, I found this so pathetically stupid I had to laugh.

However, the special counsel’s office never asked Mr. Barr to release the summaries soon after he received the report, a person familiar with the investigation said.

Who gives a **** what the special counsel's office did or did not do? They answer to Barr...not the other way around.

Holy crapola, I just saw this on Chris Matthews. As Democrats suspected, Barr IS a shill for Trump! They say it did NOT exonerate Trump. Barr was upset when he got the report because it did not exonerate Trump, that decision was made by Rod Rosenstein and Barr.

He sure is.

And the trumpanzie cultists eat up all the BS he handed them. Because...cult.

:lamo Not ONLY an anonymous source, but not even that. An anonymous source's hearsay from an anonymous source of a generalized hearsay gossip that actually says nothing at all.

Let me know when "Some on Mueller's Team" have the balls to speak for themselves...and give their names to their words, instead of having "associates" tell the media what someone supposedly said.

Or...perhaps those "Some on Mueller's Team" should go talk to Mueller and have him talk to Barr, since Mueller is working hand in hand with the AG now.

In any case, I'll pass on the rumors.

btw, I found this so pathetically stupid I had to laugh.

Who gives a **** what the special counsel's office did or did not do? They answer to Barr...not the other way around.

So, it's not about Barr shilling for Trump. The real problem is that these people who conducted the investigation won't tell their names to the Times, so Trump can retaliate against them. Got it!

:lamo Not ONLY an anonymous source, but not even that. An anonymous source's hearsay from an anonymous source of a generalized hearsay gossip that actually says nothing at all.
When a number of people tell journalists the same story, it is corroborated.
"Deep Throat" from Watergate was an anonymous source.
You're grasping at straws.

Fake News, Hillary and Democrats, Obama, FISA Warrants and Carter Page and such

There's an easy way to find out for sure.

So, it's not about Barr shilling for Trump. The real problem is that these people who conducted the investigation won't tell their names to the Times, so Trump can retaliate against them. Got it!

No. The problem is...you don't actually know if anyone from Mueller's team actually said anything to the unnamed people who talked to the Times.

But hey...I don't blame you if you go off on wild speculative fantasies because someone told you a rumor. Heck, you've been doing that for years. Say...how did that rumor about Trump/Russia work out for you? Still waiting for that Trump perp-walk out of the WH?

No. The problem is...you don't actually know if anyone from Mueller's team actually said anything to the unnamed people who talked to the Times.

But hey...I don't blame you if you go off on wild speculative fantasies because someone told you a rumor. Heck, you've been doing that for years. Say...how did that rumor about Trump/Russia work out for you? Still waiting for that Trump perp-walk out of the WH?
We can test the veracity of the Times article by having Barr release the Mueller report. Not releasing it seems suspicious for people who claim exoneration. Knowing Trump, if the Mueller report really exonerated him, he'd be handing it out on street corners.

This thing is pointed to blow up big time in the face of Barr and Trump and his loyal Trumpkins. They are going to look really really bad/

‘You don’t know if what these people say is true, you can’t just accept their word at face value!’

This dude says, completely straight faced.

We can test the veracity of the Times article by having Barr release the Mueller report. Not releasing it seems suspicious for people who claim exoneration. Knowing Trump, if the Mueller report really exonerated him, he'd be handing it out on street corners.

From what Barr says, he will release it...just not the way YOU want him to.

Too bad.

‘You don’t know if what these people say is true, you can’t just accept their word at face value!’

This dude says, completely straight faced.

Accept who's word? Who's "face"?

Seriously, do you accept rumors as true? Oh...wait...yes, you do.

Never mind.

I saw the NYT headline alone and immediately had 2 reactions.
1) they were going to throw a lifeline to buck up withering Dem expectations
2) I bet they would be talking about obstruction.

Then I read the piece.
It was a keep hope alive effort and Barr was as clear as he could be about obstruction without replicating detail that would be in the report itself.

I was right. This is getting way too easy.

But where did Trump say that the report should not be released to Congress. Was it you who said the same thing the other day without supporting it?

This thing is pointed to blow up big time in the face of Barr and Trump and his loyal Trumpkins. They are going to look really really bad/

Isn't that what you said about Trump/Russia?

How did that work out for you?

You believed THOSE rumors, too.

Accept who's word? Who's "face"?

Seriously, do you accept rumors as true? Oh...wait...yes, you do.

Never mind.

No, I’m the guy who wants to see the report. You are the guy wanting to accept rumors from the AG at face value.

No, I’m the guy who wants to see the report. You are the guy wanting to accept rumors from the AG at face value.

???

"rumors from the AG"???

What rumors?

He sure is.

And the trumpanzie cultists eat up all the BS he handed them. Because...cult.

I wonder what eating words like "See! Complete exoneration!" tastes like?

FIRST OFF Total mis-characterization.

1) Barr's Summary was of MUELLER KEY FINDINGS. NOT of the Whole Report.
2) Summary, Short version,
3) Adequately portray the findings? What is there to portray, WE WILL know shortly to match Mueller vs Barr.
3a) Barr stated, NO collusion found by the Mueller/SC team
3b) Barr stated, They could NOT indicted but could not exonerate referred to DOJ

Understanding it was a summary. This is as basic straight forward as it gets....

Mueller exonerated trump and co. of collusion...

BUT NOT Obstruction SO YES it is assuming there are "troubling" info within the obstruction case That is WHY Mueller could NOT exonerate....Its a freaking summary.... If they had problems they should have taken it up with Mueller before he allowed it to be deffered to the DOJ, as It was then given their blessing to make the call....

Stupid .... to act all knightly now...

Damnnnn, is anyone surprised??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

???

"rumors from the AG"???

What rumors?

His word about what the report says.
You’re just going off what a man with a clear conflict of interest says.

Back
Top Bottom