• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So much for overturning Roe v Wade and saving innocent pre-born babies.

Seems like both sides spent billions for and against it.

In fact, one could argue that seeing as how abortions have increased, the billions spent defending Roe were wasted and could have been put to better use. It was a hill the left did not need to die on.
Why would abortions be increasing? Only if more reckless behavior is taking place. If you don't want a baby, take the proper prevention to keep it from happening. The left never seems to want to educate people how to prevent unwanted results from their behavior. Let's see kill a baby, keep you pants on. Oh heck, kill the baby.

Why would abortions be increasing? Only if more reckless behavior is taking place.
No. Try to imagine the other forces at play in this complicated equation.
If you don't want a baby, take the proper prevention to keep it from happening. The left never seems to want to educate people how to prevent unwanted results from their behavior.
Well we know this is bullshit. The single biggest advocate for education and responsible pregnancy was Planned Parenthood - which the right-wingnuts have been desperately scrambling to de-fund and dis-empower for decades. The biggest stronghold of sexual ignorance is in the right-wing-nut South. Up here in the better educated "liberal" northeast, we have a fraction of the teen pregnancy that other parts of the country do.
Let that map sink in for awhile.
Let's see kill a baby, keep you pants on. Oh heck, kill the baby.
What embarrassing ignorance. Nobody is killing any babies.

Why would abortions be increasing? Only if more reckless behavior is taking place. If you don't want a baby, take the proper prevention to keep it from happening. The left never seems to want to educate people how to prevent unwanted results from their behavior. Let's see kill a baby, keep you pants on. Oh heck, kill the baby.

Why would more reckless behavior be taking place? Please explain?

Abortion becomes harder to get in some states...and couples become more reckless? Men are even more eager for 18 yrs of child support? Please explain your "conclusion."

Good for you. I'm referring to the funds spent to keep it.
In general, online debate forums work better when responses are related to what was previously posted.

Same thing happened in Romania decades ago. Women will find a way to get their necessary abortions.
That didn’t happen in Romania, what happened in Romania was massive state orphanages

Why would abortions be increasing? Only if more reckless behavior is taking place. If you don't want a baby, take the proper prevention to keep it from happening.
That's what abortion is for.
The left never seems to want to educate people how to prevent unwanted results from their behavior.
Sweeping generalization.
Let's see kill a baby, keep you pants on. Oh heck, kill the baby.
What "baby?" Or perhaps the better question is, what business is it of yours or anyone else's?

That didn’t happen in Romania, what happened in Romania was massive state orphanages
What happened in Romania was a total ban on abortion and abandonment of unwanted children, leading to the monkier of the "lost generation."

What happened in Romania was a total ban on abortion and abandonment of unwanted children, leading to the monkier of the "lost generation."
but not a massive increase in abortion. The real problem in Romania was the fact it was a communist regime. We have more then enough wealth (and lots of welfare programs already in this country for mothers and children) that abandonment would only be considered by psychopaths,

Plus there is a huge demand for babies for adoption. There is no such thing as an unwanted baby in America, babies are in such high demand people will use test tube frankenscience to get pregnant or go to foreign baby trafficker… I mean international adoption agencies to get one

In fact restricting abortion never leads to an increase in abortions. Texas has had more births by a lot since R v W was overturned.

but not a massive increase in abortion.
Uh hello? A ban means abortion were not being done or allowed. So why would there be an increase in abortion?

And really messed up children, mentally and emotionally. Brought up with little to no attention or love. When adopted by foreigners like Americans, many ended up being highly emotionally dysfunctional, behind in math and reading, etc skills (because they had little mental stimulation as infants/toddlers), and even dangerous.

Uh hello? A ban means abortion were not being done or allowed. So why would there be an increase in abortion?
The title of the thread and the OP are about abortions going up in America since R v W overturned. You then unprompted made a remark “just like Romania”

No, not just Romania.

Plus there is a huge demand for babies for adoption. There is no such thing as an unwanted baby in America, babies are in such high demand people will use test tube frankenscience to get pregnant or go to foreign baby trafficker… I mean international adoption agencies to get one

We've been thru this before and I showed you were wrong. Why do you post it again, knowing it's a lie? Do I need to link to the posts?

The title of the thread and the OP are about abortions going up in America since R v W overturned. You then unprompted made a remark “just like Romania”

No, not just Romania.
Romania is a historical example of what happens when abortions are more severely restricted. Why would we want to emulate that?

We've been thru this before and I showed you were wrong. Why do you post again, knowing it's a lie? Do I need to link to the posts?
Yes, yes you do. Just to remind him and get the inevitable out of the way.

And really messed up children, mentally and emotionally. Brought up with little to no attention or love. When adopted by foreigners like Americans, many ended up being highly emotionally dysfunctional, behind in math and reading, etc skills (because they had little mental stimulation as infants/toddlers), and even dangerous.
maybe, although many of these stories are just made up by parents who seem to have realized loving a less then perfect adoption was more work then they thought.

There is several documented cases of adoption from Eastern Europe where parents in America adopted a child, then claimed the child was psychotic and dangerous only for the child to end up perfectly fine after being placed in another home. This was the case of Sabrina Caldwell, who was accused of violence and attempted murder by her first set up adopted American parents, Sabrina was rehomed to another American family and is now a happy married mother of 3 living in North Carolina.

We are seeing the same thing with the Natalie Grace story

When people talk about young children being monsters like this it’s probably the parent and not the child

Romania is a historical example of what happens when abortions are more severely restricted. Why would we want to emulate that?
We wouldn’t emulate that. Romania was a dirt poor communist hell hole whose psychopathic dictator was stealing money for all kinds of fake projects.

America is not perfect, but you can get all kinds of public help if you need it for a baby. I make enough money to pay for my own baby girl and my wife keeps getting unsolicited mail for welfare applications from state government agencies in California

We wouldn’t emulate that. Romania was a dirt poor communist hell hole whose psychopathic dictator was stealing money for all kinds of fake projects.

America is not perfect, but you can get all kinds of public help if you need it for a baby. I make enough money to pay for my own baby girl and my wife keeps getting unsolicited mail for welfare applications from state government agencies in California
Public health is limited and may not be sufficient. Not to mention it still costs money too, which causes a country to become dirt poor. Not everyone can afford child rearing. So abortion is an alternative to financial hardship, for both the individual and society, among other reasons.

Public health is limited and may not be sufficient. Not to mention it still costs money too,
So? America has money
which causes a country to become dirt poor. Not everyone can afford child rearing.
Child rearing is not expensive. And if you’re poor you don’t have to pay a lot of money in private schools and the like to keep your kid in your social class, so it’s not very expensive in that case. Plus if you place a child for adoption he or she will get adopted fast if they’re an infant or toddler. Probably by a wealthier family with resources who are not using public assistancec
So abortion is an alternative to financial hardship, for both the individual and society, among other reasons.

In general, online debate forums work better when responses are related to what was previously posted.
Agree and that's exactly what I was doing.

Actually I was discussing money spent to defend Roe with MamboDervish. Not MrJurrs.

My bad

So? America has money
Trillions in deficit and inflation is not indicative of having money.
Child rearing is not expensive. And if you’re poor you don’t have to pay a lot of money in private schools and the like to keep your kid in your social class, so it’s not very expensive in that case. Plus if you place a child for adoption he or she will get adopted fast if they’re an infant or toddler. Probably by a wealthier family with resources who are not using public assistancec
Well that's just false, or plain ignorant of reality. According to the US Dept of Agriculture (2017), the cost of raising a child for a middle income couple is around $233k. Adjusting for inflation, is closer to 300k. That's not even counting college costs. No matter how you slice it, abortion is cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom