• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shutdown 2.0 who will be responsibe ???

WHO WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHUTDOWN 2.0????

• Trump

Votes: 44 86.3%
  • Republican senate

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Pelosi / democratic house

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
First off I want to protest the poll. I wanted to select trump and the republicans. If a bill lands on his desk and he doesn't sign, it's his fault, if a bill doesn't land on his desk, it's the republican senates' fault.

By the way folks I think Pelosi got played.
One thing `Trump loves is a crowd/ audience to talk to and to be the center of attraction... .the state of the union is the super bowl of audience participation....When Pelosi said there will be no state of the union very funny trump stopped the shutdown!!! Trump got his state of the union and still can shutdown gov!!!!WTF!!!!!Pelosi!!!

I think people will remember who shut the govt down twice and stopped their paychecks long after a speech wears off.

Trump would be responsible again. Between the first shutdown and a potential second one, nothing will have changed. Trump has continued to make no meaningful or consistent argument in favor of one, has still done no cost analysis of a wall, no serious studies have been done to examine an existing problem and how a wall would address it, has provided no consistent vision for what a wall would look like and randomly claims that we have a wall and that it's working one day and the next claim that billions of brown people are coming to rape and murder you because there's no wall.

Since day one he has approached this issue as unseriously as possible and the American people know it.

LOL, classic fingers in the ears, chant "om, om, om" and blame it on Trump. Well reasoned, logic based conclusion. Well done :roll:

LOL, classic fingers in the ears, chant "om, om, om" and blame it on Trump. Well reasoned, logic based conclusion. Well done :roll:

Has Mexico paid for the wall yet?

It's a James Bond character called Odd Job. Good chance it's from before your time

Indeed is is. Don't think he ever said anything. He had an iron hat used as a throw-weapon. Great scene where he demonstrates its power, decapitating a statue. Odd Job sucked out of an airplane when Bond or someone broke a window. In the novel, it was Goldfinger who got sucked out.

There are hardcore political nerds who continue to think about SotU addresses for up to a full month after they're presented. This political species is rarely seen in the wild and are to be avoided at social gatherings.

True that...

Indeed is is. Don't think he ever said anything. He had an iron hat used as a throw-weapon. Great scene where he demonstrates its power, decapitating a statue. Odd Job sucked out of an airplane when Bond or someone broke a window. In the novel, it was Goldfinger who got sucked out.

I think Goldfinger got sucked out the window in the movie, too.
Odd Job got electrocuted by 007 at Ft. Knox.

Dear citizens!! the first shutdown Trump said he takes full responsibility for it until it looked bad in the polls for him then he blamed the dems for the shutdown days later...We all know Trump said mexico will pay for the wall. since mexico wont pay for the wall, u.s. tax payers are now responsible for paying for the wall Correct????...…... 65 percent of American citizens that dont want to pay for it and the dems/Pelosi ,,should 65 percent of American citizens now be held responsible for paying for it??? Who will be responsible for shutdown?

All the idiots in this circus. You left out the 4th choice.

Dear citizens!! the first shutdown Trump said he takes full responsibility for it until it looked bad in the polls for him then he blamed the dems for the shutdown days later...We all know Trump said mexico will pay for the wall. since mexico wont pay for the wall, u.s. tax payers are now responsible for paying for the wall Correct????...…... 65 percent of American citizens that dont want to pay for it and the dems/Pelosi ,,should 65 percent of American citizens now be held responsible for paying for it??? Who will be responsible for shutdown?

The big issue now seems to be detention center beds not a barrier.

I think Goldfinger got sucked out the window in the movie, too.
Odd Job got electrocuted by 007 at Ft. Knox.

You’re right. Bond stuck live wires to a metal fence or something when Odd Job went to get his hat.

Yep, that's a good description.... it was indeed DOA.

The SOTU got fantastic ratings including many democrats. Trump indeed killed it.

Cardinal who is your avatar

Sorry, the question was already answered before I posted! Great movie.

I believe Cardinal is sporting Japanese-American actor and professional wrestler Harold Sakata who played the villain 'Odd Job' in the James Bond film Goldfinger.

220px-OddJob_-_Goldfinger_%281964%29.jpg

Oh yeah, the thread topic, I forgot to comment. Anyway, I'll lay odds that Trump is going to declare a national emergency.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the thread topic, I forgot to comment. Anyway, I'll lay odds that Trump is going to declare a national emergency.

Pretty likely and not a bad move politically for Trump.
Then DJT can say he did everything in his power to get the wall built.
His disgruntled base will grudgingly accept this explanation and continue chanting "MAGA...MAGA...MAGA !!" or "Lock Her Up...Lock Her Up !!"

Pretty likely and not a bad move politically for Trump.
Then DJT can say he did everything in his power to get the wall built.
His disgruntled base will grudgingly accept this explanation and continue chanting "MAGA...MAGA...MAGA !!" or "Lock Her Up...Lock Her Up !!"

If Stephen Miller is advising Trump to call a national emergency, and if Trump is following Stephen Miller's advice as he's been doing all along, it's going to be the biggest mistake Trump has made yet. If he raids funds that have been approved by Congress for disaster relief or for repairs to our infrastructure, then he's going to lose a lot of support from republicans. He's going to have to pillage more than one fund to pay for his narcissistic wall.

If Stephen Miller is advising Trump to call a national emergency, and if Trump is following Stephen Miller's advice as he's been doing all along, it's going to be the biggest mistake Trump has made yet. If he raids funds that have been approved by Congress for disaster relief or for repairs to our infrastructure, then he's going to lose a lot of support from republicans. He's going to have to pillage more than one fund to pay for his narcissistic wall.

The Trump supporters I know are all die-hard wall supporters.
They are Trump's base.
It's not as if The Donald is winning over a lot of skeptics with his antics so his base is all he's got.
Trump has to placate his base or he is finished.

The Trump supporters I know are all die-hard wall supporters.
They are Trump's base.
It's not as if The Donald is winning over a lot of skeptics with his antics so his base is all he's got.
Trump has to placate his base or he is finished.

The question I have is why is s much invested politically in the wall. Pure silliness: Trump loses if he doesn’t get his wall, democrats seem to lose if he does. All this when illegal migration from Mexico has been down for years, when Central Americans represent a different issue altogether, and when visa-overstayers are 40-50% of illegals. And when communities close to the border don’t see it as a crisis, while people far away from the border do. Strange.

The question I have is why is s much invested politically in the wall. Pure silliness: Trump loses if he doesn’t get his wall, democrats seem to lose if he does. All this when illegal migration from Mexico has been down for years, when Central Americans represent a different issue altogether, and when visa-overstayers are 40-50% of illegals. And when communities close to the border don’t see it as a crisis, while people far away from the border do. Strange.

Welcome to Trumplandia.
The guy entered the race vilifying immigrants and he has not let up.
His followers buy into his doom-and-gloom scenarios on every single issue.
I think, as a group, Trumpsters just like to be up-in-arms about everything.

Whoever refuses to vote for, or sign the enabling legislation to separate the immigration budget and then pass the rest of the budgets required to keep the govt functioning will be responsible. As long as Pelosi keeps sending the enabling resolution, and the same budgets passed that McConnell and every other republican SAID were responsible compromises before they all voted yes, the House cannot be responsible. Two questions, will McConnell try to protect Trump and his GOP caucus from making the tough call, or will he allow those votes to proceed. Will Trump sign those budgets.

We should function with the immigration budget needing more time, and the rest of govt moving forward during the negotiation on the wall.

Whoever refuses to vote for, or sign the enabling legislation to separate the immigration budget and then pass the rest of the budgets required to keep the govt functioning will be responsible. As long as Pelosi keeps sending the enabling resolution, and the same budgets passed that McConnell and every other republican SAID were responsible compromises before they all voted yes, the House cannot be responsible. Two questions, will McConnell try to protect Trump and his GOP caucus from making the tough call, or will he allow those votes to proceed. Will Trump sign those budgets.

We should function with the immigration budget needing more time, and the rest of govt moving forward during the negotiation on the wall.

And here you are again, howdy.
Yup, you're right. If I remember correctly, one of the bills got a 100-0 unanimous Senate vote, yes?

Howdy again. Told you I'd seen you around ;)

Back
Top Bottom