• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shrinking Tax Refunds Cast a Shadow on Trump’s Signature Law

You are lying, ludin.

Helix has contended that it did something, it was a pitance, but it wasn't much. Your argument is that you got a refund, so he's wrong. That doesn't invalidate his argument because we can cite 1000s of stories of people finding out that the tax cuts won't help them and that they won't be getting a refund either.
refunds have nothing to do with tax cuts. you have been told this 1000 times.
you have proven you have no idea what you are talking about.

tax cuts deal with tax liability not refunds.

Lol, j-mac is one such story - he's telling you his story, and your claim is that yours invalidates him.

Jmac has yet to tell us what his tax liability is this year compared to last year.
what he has to pay is irrelevant to what his tax liability is.
the reason he has to pay is that he did not withhold enough money.
they are completely separate things anyone that knows anything about taxes
realizes this.

How do you have trouble with this?

I don't have issues with it you seem to though. your lack of knowledge on this subject is astounding.
so please tell us the difference of tax withholding's
tax liablity
refunds etc ...

Re: Shrinking Tax Refunds Cast a Shadow on Trumpâ€[emoji769]s Signature Law

your blatant lie about how I used that word is shameful and dishonest. Par for the LW.

that is his thing. he has nothing else. in the 6 years i have been here i have yet to see him post an honest post.

Which is why Republicans fought to lower tax rates.....

Certainly. For the donor class. Corporations and the wealthiest 1%.

Those are the people who should be the angriest about these tax cuts not working out how they thought.

They'll even take a wallet hit to support Trump. Damnedest thing.

your blatant lie about how I used that word is shameful and dishonest. Par for the LW.

You stated that he paid a pitance.

His taxes, are a pitance. How do you know? Why should we not protect his 'pitance' when that could go towards his kids paying for school, or some program to keep them off the streets?

This is exactly why far left messages resonate with millions of people. The right have fooled yourselves into believing that money paid out by those with the least won't affect them as much as some guy with 12 million, being able to accrue another 10 faster. I'll tell you right now, 100$ may be a pitance for someone making millions, but it isn't to someone making under 50K a year or even double that.

You are a thousandaire, protecting millionaires and billionaires. They don't need your protection.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Jmac has yet to tell us what his tax liability is this year compared to last year.
realizes this.

I don't have issues with it you seem to though. your lack of knowledge on this subject is astounding.
tax liablity
refunds etc ...
You lie about another posters words, and you want me to take your 'i did well so you're wrong' position seriously?

Lol, you are having trouble with people telling you their stories and those stories not mounting up to your warped perception of how the tax cut was supposed to work.

We get it, but it just means you've lost the argument.

That's pretty bad.

realizes this.

tax liablity
refunds etc ...
Just to show everyone how nutty ludin's response is: He doesn't believe j-mac so he's asking the guy for personal tax information and financial situation so he can prove the guy is wrong.

Lol, this is the same person who declared himself a jury of peers for a trial that isn't happening and to prove Hillary was guilty of a felony.

Don't be this guy, people.

They'll even take a wallet hit to support Trump. Damnedest thing.
For once, I sympathized with j-mac because I am seeing some of my less well off family members hurting due to a tax cut some of them praised. Hell, I even tried to lighten the mood by pointing out the irony of the whole thing to j-mac.

But then ludin had to tell us how his story trumped everyone else's story and I couldn't stop laughing because that's the kind of brainless mentality of the average hip right wing 20 year old: "I did well, so **** the next guy if he didn't have my smarts to get it right or half a dozen team of tax lawyers like the Obamas, the Trumps or the Clintons!"

Ludin's ideological beliefs are an example of the kinds of worthless values taught by throwaway right wing think tanks. It is stupidity trickling down and repackaged while having verbose spams over a keyboard.

Last edited:

Those are the people who should be the angriest about these tax cuts not working out how they thought. They literally voted for what they cannot use as a talking point.

Well, that's liberal nonsense. Dismissed.

Sure.

Probably not a good idea to open a 2nd restaurant on the cusp of a recession.

Cusp of a recession, eh? Business is booming, IF you know what you are doing. Apparently, you don't. Keep kissing Obama's ring, but it won't do you any good, he is out.

Dang! when did I make it into that grouping?

Well, that's liberal nonsense. Dismissed.
Lol, don't be hurt because you want us to believe the food industry in America had been waiting tariffs on steel and solar panels for businesses could thrive again. We're soybeans really that important to the restaurant business? Just which part of the tariffs affects the service industry?

It's just crazy talk.

at least you can be comforted by the fact that Trump's tax bracket made out like bandits. however, that's just a coincidence.

I'm not one to be jealous of the wealthy for being wealthy....You can if you wish...

I'm not one to be jealous of the wealthy for being wealthy....You can if you wish...

when did i say that i was jealous? i'm arguing for a better country and a higher standard of living.

also, since we're having a nice this and that, do you support wartime tax rates?

Cusp of a recession, eh? Business is booming, IF you know what you are doing. Apparently, you don't. Keep kissing Obama's ring, but it won't do you any good, he is out.

[url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ant_and_the_Grasshopper]The Ant and the Grasshopper[/url]

You stated that he paid a pitance.
Nope. read it again.
Hutuey said:
His taxes, are a pitance. How do you know? Why should we not protect his 'pitance' when that could go towards his kids paying for school, or some program to keep them off the streets?
You understand the meaning the word "unless" as in "unless you paid a pittance . . ."?
hatuey said:
This is exactly why far left messages resonate with millions of people. The right have fooled yourselves into believing that money paid out by those with the least won't affect them as much as some guy with 12 million, being able to accrue another 10 faster. I'll tell you right now, 100$ may be a pitance for someone making millions, but it isn't to someone making under 50K a year or even double that.

You are a thousandaire, protecting millionaires and billionaires. They don't need your protection.
LOL, not protecting anybody, other than the truth.

Nope. for everyone.

Absolutely false. If you had the intellectual integrity to actually look up a comparison between the old and new rates you'd realize how wrong you are. But, apparently, you don't, preferring to swallow the horse manure the Dems and their accomplices in the media choose to spoon feed you.

Nope. read it again.
You understand the meaning the word "unless" as in "unless you paid a pittance . . ."?
LOL, not protecting anybody, other than the truth.
More split quoting; I keep hitting nerves.

Anyways, here is what you said:

Only 'cause you pay a pittance in tax. Or live in a high tax state and couldn't deduct your state and local taxes.

If he pays a pitance in tax, then his taxes are a pitance, you goofy person. How do you know he pays a pitance on tax? How do you know his taxes couldn't be better used somewhere else in his household? Doctors bills?

You goofed, and now you look silly trying to ad words that aren't there. We know what you said and it looked hilarious. What are ya? Another internet thousandaire pretending to understand the life decisions he's made?

More split quoting; I keep hitting nerves.
WTF does "split quoting" have to do with anything?
Hatuey said:
Anyways, here is what you said:

If he pays a pitance in tax, then his taxes are a pitance, you goofy person. How do you know he pays a pitance on tax? How do you know his taxes couldn't be better used somewhere else in his household? Doctors bills?

You goofed, and now you look silly trying to ad words that aren't there. We know what you said and it looked hilarious. What are ya? Another internet thousandaire pretending to understand the life decisions he's made?
LOL, sorry, the only goof I made was trying to write at an eight grade level without realizing that may be over some folks head.

realizes this.

Ok, looked at the numbers from this year vs. last years....

My liability this year went up by $15K. this was due to the elimination of deductions I was able to take last year that I can no longer take this year...Last year I was able to take $36K in deductions, while this year only the standard deduction....This along with me not adjusting my withholding when the tax cuts went into effect, altered my final number. The loss of me being able to deduct my per diem, which was actually $17K last year, put my total itemized deductions below the standard deduction...So, while you are right when you say that over all not much changed, the Government started withholding less, and that coupled with taking away my ability to write off my expenses hurt me.

Over all like I said, we will manage....It's not a devastating number to come up with, but, it's certainly NOT the "break" to me it was touted to be either....

when did i say that i was jealous? i'm arguing for a better country and a higher standard of living.

also, since we're having a nice this and that, do you support wartime tax rates?

I think in war time, actual declared war like WWII, the American people all have to tighten their belts...But, I don't think that the conflicts we are in now compare to all out declared world war.

Ok, looked at the numbers from this year vs. last years....

My liability this year went up by $15K. this was due to the elimination of deductions I was able to take last year that I can no longer take this year...Last year I was able to take $36K in deductions, while this year only the standard deduction....This along with me not adjusting my withholding when the tax cuts went into effect, altered my final number. The loss of me being able to deduct my per diem, which was actually $17K last year, put my total itemized deductions below the standard deduction...So, while you are right when you say that over all not much changed, the Government started withholding less, and that coupled with taking away my ability to write off my expenses hurt me.

Over all like I said, we will manage....It's not a devastating number to come up with, but, it's certainly NOT the "break" to me it was touted to be either....
Well, not everyone has $17,000 in per diem to declare. How many days does that represent?

Well, not everyone has $17,000 in per diem to declare. How many days does that represent?

Company driver, I'm guessing that's a good 300 days on the road....something like that...

Company driver, I'm guessing that's a good 300 days on the road....something like that...
Ok, thanks, I guess you're one of the reasons Trump's tax cuts didn't help 100%. Our tax laws are still way too complex and convoluted.
But we're there expenses you could claim against the per diem? Meals, lodging, etc.?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom