• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Science of the Bible

From the stories in the Bible we can say he's angry, violent, genocidal, unforgiving and tyrannical. Any being that acts like the dickwad described in that book is not the creator of the universe, assuming there was one.

And yet all through catholic school I had a difficult time getting the nuns and priests to agree with your point of view which I also hold. Maybe after a couple of these 'special' shortbread cookies I've made I'll see the light???

He has never read the Bible. Most believers have never read it from cover to cover.

I like a good fantasy but it has to make some kind of sense. Like flame breathing dragons in game.

Neither do I, I just can't worship a vindictive asshole. I can't do it, totally incapable. I guess that means I don't have a soul, according to you. Tons of things are not in the Bible but exist, so the lack of the Bible mentioning it is not proof that animals have no souls and you've listed nothing scientific that supports the Bible. We're all animals, so if animals don't have souls, neither do we. Your arbitrarily defined yardstick for having a soul based on having Christian beliefs or not is duly rejected.

You don't have to worship Jesus if you don't want to and you can be sure there will be no vindictive assholes" in heaven, whether you go there yourself or not.

You don't have to worship Jesus if you don't want to and you can be sure there will be no vindictive assholes" in heaven, whether you go there yourself or not.

Yet according to your beliefs for picking the wrong religion we're all going to be tortured for eternity. Your imaginary god sounds like a vindictive and sadistic asshole.

And yet all through catholic school I had a difficult time getting the nuns and priests to agree with your point of view which I also hold. Maybe after a couple of these 'special' shortbread cookies I've made I'll see the light???

Lol, nuns and priests? They're so drunk on the religious cool-aid there is no amount of logic or reason you can present them to change their mind.

Yet according to your beliefs for picking the wrong religion we're all going to be tortured for eternity. Your imaginary god sounds like a vindictive and sadistic asshole.

I didn't write the Bible and I am not responsible for carrying out its promises.

Lol, nuns and priests? They're so drunk on the religious cool-aid there is no amount of logic or reason you can present them to change their mind.

I believe God will not be fooled by hypocrites.

He has never read the Bible. Most believers have never read it from cover to cover.

But you've read it, not once but twice...right?:2razz:

Nope...no atheists will be there, that's for sure...;)

Nope...no atheists will be there, that's for sure...;)

You're going to make them very angry with that one. But then again, they seem to be angry all the time, don't they....
Hopelessness has consequences.

I didn't write the Bible and I am not responsible for carrying out its promises.

I believe God will not be fooled by hypocrites.

I guess you are in trouble.

You're going to make them very angry with that one. But then again, they seem to be angry all the time, don't they....
Hopelessness has consequences.

Well, they got the invitation, too...they declined...

You're going to make them very angry with that one.

Au contraire.

There have been thousands of religions, and if there is one thing a lot of gods seem to hate, it's worship of other gods. So odds are, if there is a Hell, you're almost certainly going there. I on the other hand am unaffiliated, and thus will not have gained the ire of a god. Like you.

Well, they got the invitation, too...they declined...

Yeah, because you're a thousand to one long shot to have picked the right religion. And you worship a God who condones slavery, murder, genocide, rape, etc.. So odds are, you're going to Hell. I'll make sure to wave down to you from The Good Place. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, because you're a thousand to one long shot to have picked the right religion. And you worship a God who condones slavery, murder, genocide, rape, etc.. So odds are, you're going to Hell. I'll make sure to wave down to you from The Good Place. ;)

Get a clue...we're all going to hell when we die...:roll:

What invitation?

"And the spirit and the bride keep on saying, “Come!” and let anyone hearing say, “Come!” and let anyone thirsting come; let anyone who wishes take life’s water free." Revelation 22:17

"And the spirit and the bride keep on saying, “Come!” and let anyone hearing say, “Come!” and let anyone thirsting come; let anyone who wishes take life’s water free." Revelation 22:17

That is a quote from a book out of context. It is not an invitation to anyone to anything.

That is a quote from a book out of context. It is not an invitation to anyone to anything.

Wrong...it is an invitation extended to all mankind...

In the last book of the Bible, we find the description of “a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb.” (Revelation 22:1) The stream represents God’s provisions that will eventually bring human life back to the perfect state that Adam and Eve enjoyed at the start of human history.
After describing that river, the account goes on to relate this invitation: “Let anyone thirsting come; let anyone that wishes take life’s water free.” (Revelation 22:17) Today, that invitation is being sounded earth wide. Each year, Jehovah’s Witnesses in more than 235 lands are spending over one billion hours in helping people to take in life-giving knowledge of the Bible.

Do you thirst for the water of life? By taking in the crystal-clear water, that is to say, by learning about and making use of the provisions from our Creator, you too can be among those who are “safely treasuring up for themselves a fine foundation for the future, in order that they may get a firm hold on the real life.”​—1 Timothy 6:19.

Water Bubbling Up to Impart Everlasting Life — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

No, it is not. All mankind prior to the writing of this was not included. All those after the writing of this who never had access to it were not invited. If an all powerful god wanted to invite everyone, it should be easy enough. Shouldn't rely on a historical document written after many no longer existed and many would never have access to. The quote is not addressed to all mankind nor did the writer intend it for all mankind.

No, it is not. All mankind prior to the writing of this was not included. All those after the writing of this who never had access to it were not invited. If an all powerful god wanted to invite everyone, it should be easy enough. Shouldn't rely on a historical document written after many no longer existed and many would never have access to. The quote is not addressed to all mankind nor did the writer intend it for all mankind.

God's Word is as relevant today as the day it was written...

"For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul* and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

God's Word is as relevant today as the day it was written...

"For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul* and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

How about its relevance prior to when it was written? Or its relevance to those who had no access to it, prior to the invention of the printing press and those in areas without literacy?

How about its relevance prior to when it was written? Or its relevance to those who had no access to it, prior to the invention of the printing press and those in areas without literacy?

Why don't you worry about yourself and let God take care of the rest?

Why didn't your god invite everybody?

How do you know He hasn't?

God’s Kingdom will replace all human governments and rule over the entire earth. (Daniel 2: 44; Revelation 16: 14) Once that happens, God’s Kingdom will . . .

Remove the wicked, whose selfishness harms us all. “As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth.”—Proverbs 2: 22.

End all wars. “[God] is making wars to cease to the extremity of the earth.”—Psalm 46: 9.

Bring prosperity and security to the earth. “Everyone will live in peace among their own vineyards and fig trees, and no one will make them afraid.”—Micah 4: 4, Good News Translation.

Make the earth into a paradise. “Thirsty deserts will be glad; barren lands will celebrate and blossom with flowers.”—Isaiah 35: 1, Contemporary English Version.

Provide everyone with meaningful, enjoyable work. “The work of their own hands [God’s] chosen ones will use to the full. They will not toil for nothing.”—Isaiah 65: 21-23.

Eliminate disease. “No resident will say: ‘I am sick.’”—Isaiah 33: 24.

Set us free from the aging process. “Let his flesh become fresher than in youth; let him return to the days of his youthful vigor.”—Job 33: 25.

Bring the dead back to life. “All those in the memorial tombs will hear [Jesus’] voice and come out.”—John 5: 28, 29.

Back
Top Bottom