• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Science of the Bible

Ahh, I'm beginning to see the light. I have friends who are Messianic Jews. Ever looked into it?

Messianic Judaism & Messianic Jews - ONE FOR ISRAEL Ministry

Looking at the Book of Acts (which I know you reject also) one would see that for the most part the early "Christians" still considered themselves to be Jews. The term Christians came about thanks to the Romans who heard them speaking of Christ-in them.

I suppose we're taking this very much off-topic but it's been interesting. I'll try to keep in mind your religious persuasion in future interactions with you. Nice having this one with you.

There is a special name that mainstream Jewish people have for messianic Jews. We call them 'Christians'

There is a special name that mainstream Jewish people have for messianic Jews. We call them 'Christians'
lol. No surprise there.

1. Error 404: Page Not Found - bethinking.org

2. https://www.levendwater.org/books/witness/the_witness_of_the_stars_bullinger.pdf

3. I'm not sure what you're referring to.

4. Seems odd that Jesus would go about healing people if it was God's will that they be sick.

5. Not all of it is about wisdom. Some of it is about common sense.

Are you saying some Christians get their "common sense" from the Bible

Where do you suppose non-Christians (including Atheists) get their "common sense" from ?

Are you saying some Christians get their "common sense" from the Bible

Where do you suppose non-Christians (including Atheists) get their "common sense" from ?
Not at all. I'm saying you can see examples of common sense and wisdom from the Bible which one may apply to own life. For example: Herod is killing kids. Better get my family out of Dodge. Common sense. Two women are arguing over a child being theirs. Let's split the child and give half to each. Wisdom.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

You haven't begun to catch up with it yet. You're still on full rhetoric mode. Wordplay is your only game. And it shows.

ciao

The Bible is full of unproven rhetoric, so I really wouldn't go there.

OM

Not at all. I'm saying you can see examples of common sense and wisdom from the Bible ...

Where ?

Some general comment that life is better if we're all nice to each other...and don't "fall upon" our neighbors to steal their land on some premise it was promised to us by some mythical god in heaven

...Herod is killing kids. Better get my family out of Dodge....

Yeah I must make a mental note if our government starts doing that

When did it happen again ?
When was Jesus born ?
How did John the Baptist survive ?

...common sense. Two women are arguing over a child being theirs. Let's split the child and give half to each. Wisdom....

Total wisdom - I mean if I was claiming a baby that was not mine, I would gladly accept for it to be CUT IN HALF BY A SWORD.
Do you actually believe that happened ?

Today we have laws that happily forbid the slaughter of children as a judicial option.

Not at all. I'm saying you can see examples of common sense and wisdom from the Bible which one may apply to own life. For example: Herod is killing kids. Better get my family out of Dodge. Common sense. Two women are arguing over a child being theirs. Let's split the child and give half to each. Wisdom.

Just so. Contrariwise, men claiming to be women, so they can go inside women's toilets, dress in drag, call themselves "fairies," and brainwash impressionable young children which they recruit into their sick, demented practices. Leftists defend this as they defend Muslims invading the civilized world, as they defend all manner of destructive craziness. Thirty million babies aborted, so now "we need to import immigrants to fill the job positions!" (That thirty million Americans might have filled, if they had not been murdered by their so-called "mothers".) Before you were formed in the womb, I knew you.

Redress closed the original thread, Science of the Bible, with this warning:

"Please do not necro threads that have not been posted in for months."

I searched the Forum Rules in vain for the word "necro."

Nor is there the slightest hint that you must not respond to a thread that has not been posted to in "months."

Yeah, because Noah's Ark is scientifically possible. I don't know if you're being a POE. Do you really believe that Noah's Ark is a believable story?

Last edited:
I'm saying you can see examples of common sense and wisdom from the Bible which one may apply to own life. For example: Herod is killing kids. Better get my family out of Dodge. Common sense.

So you really couldn't have figured that one out on your own eh? Needed the bible to figure it out for you eh?

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Modern chemistry could not have begun before 1802, when John Dalton formally provided experimental evidence that matter is composed of discrete atoms. Everything before this was mere speculation – guesswork. Nevertheless, it is clearly stated in Genesis that man is “formed of the dust of the ground”, which is to say, the same elements of carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, iron, nitrogen, etc, that we find in . . . dust of the ground, minerals.

Now you're babbling. Trying to equate usage of the word "dust" with knowledge of atomic theory.

By your logic, my daughter was an expert on atomic theory at the age of two because she used the word "dirt", which is of course composed of...elements!

Now you're babbling. Trying to equate usage of the word "dust" with knowledge of atomic theory.

By your logic, my daughter was an expert on atomic theory at the age of two because she used the word "dirt", which is of course composed of...elements!

You're rude and intolerant. "Expert" is your word, not mine. What do you know of elements? Tell the audience, you think you're so smart.

Dust alone cannot be used to make a human body, seeing that the average human body is about 60% water.

Your rude, contemptible insults, JustHanging, add nothing to any discussion.

A lot of tragic irony going on here.

OM

Dust alone cannot be used to make a human body, seeing that the average human body is about 60% water.

"Dust alone" is your phrase. Nobody but YOU said "dust alone." You mislead intentionally. That is unscientific and irrational.

Tell me what you know about water. Better yet, what is the magnitude of pKa values and why is it so large? Let's talk science, not things you make up and then giggle off.

"Dust alone" is your phrase. Nobody but YOU said "dust alone." You mislead intentionally. That is unscientific and irrational.

Tell me what you know about water. Better yet, what is the magnitude of pKa values and why is it so large? Let's talk science, not things you make up and then giggle off.

Well, that is all the bible says. You claimed that all it takes is dust to make human beings and it is in the bible. You are wrong and so is the bible.

DevilDavid said not a word about water and sidestepped the magnitude of pKa values. Moreover, he misquotes and misunderstands. I cannot help those who do not want to learn.

DevilDavid said not a word about water and sidestepped the magnitude of pKa values. Moreover, he misquotes and misunderstands. I cannot help those who do not want to learn.

Irony meters explode!

The bible says nothing about water being used to make a human being, just dust. That means dust alone contains everything needed to create a human. The Bible says so, as you pointed out when touting the science of the Bible.

The bible says nothing about water being used to make a human being, just dust. That means dust alone contains everything needed to create a human. The Bible says so, as you pointed out when touting the science of the Bible.

He has never read the Bible. Most believers have never read it from cover to cover.

Experience.

You haven't met "most believers," nor have I. Personal observation is valuable, but that doesn't mean that it's representative. For example, every practicing Baptist I've ever known, beginning with my father's parents, read the Bible cover to cover multiple times. That doesn't mean that most Baptists have.

Back
Top Bottom