• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Saudi Arabia Shuts Down About Half Its Oil Output After Drone Strikes

SA are bad guys. There are Jewish communities in Iran that have been there for centuries. It's illegal to practice Judaism in SA. SA promotes an extreme fundamentalist version of Islam. They execute people for blasphemy and witchcraft. Most of the 9/11 attackers were from SA. Some from SA government actually helped the 9/11 terrorists. Iran is Shiites and Shiites do not blow themselves up.

There is a cold war between SA and Iran. Why are we on the side of the bad guys?

The prince is a murder. He ordered a disgusting and horrible crime be committed at an embassy in Turkey. Trump did not condemn SA for that. Our country shouldn’t go to war, drop a bomb for SA, or assist SA in any way.

Trump claiming that he is waiting for VERIFICATION from Saudi as to the origin of the attacks. Yemen now not considered the most logical origin simply based on logic as my post above suggested.

However, depending on "Saudi" verification is laughable. The Saudis had no clue what was in their airspace, for how long and where they came from....clueless. So seeking verification from them is laughably trumpian.

You are going to rely on what the Saudi's say to possibly launch an attack DonDon? Comatose!!!

Well Trump bought the Crown Princes BS story on the Kashoggi murder. Trump will take the the Saudis word over our own intelligence agencies. Trump fears intelligence, as do his supporters.

Now that the CIC is waiting for confirmation from the Saudi dictator it's scary to realize that now our military answers to the Saudis

Iran's proxies strike again.

I'll lay down some $ that says the US military will help lay waste to some Houthi strongholds this coming week.

The American people and Congress will be asking for justification of any US military involvement. The Saudis created this mess back in 2015. Its their mess to clean up.

And guess what: if conservatives hadn't spent the last twenty years insisting AGW was a hoax merely because the Democrats decided to listen to scientists in their field of expertise rather than idiotically and arrogantly assuming they learned about the subject more from TV shows, we would be in a WAY better position to simply not care and let Iran/SA fight it out.

But thanks to their hopelessly stupid ludditism, we're still massively dependent on oil. So we have to pay attention.

Thanks again, conservatives. I wonder if you'll ever find something you don't leave worse than you found it.

And guess what: if conservatives hadn't spent the last twenty years insisting AGW was a hoax merely because the Democrats decided to listen to scientists in their field of expertise rather than idiotically and arrogantly assuming they learned about the subject more from TV shows, we would be in a WAY better position to simply not care and let Iran/SA fight it out.

But thanks to their hopelessly stupid ludditism, we're still massively dependent on oil. So we have to pay attention.

Thanks again, conservatives. I wonder if you'll ever find something you don't leave worse than you found it.

see

Seattle
Portland
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Chicago
Detroit
Baltimore

:yt

see

Seattle
Portland
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Chicago
Detroit
Baltimore

And what have you done for those cities besides support an orange lout who tweets insults at them so that his supporters can whack off a few times to the thought of a liberal possibly being annoyed somewhere?

If you have to tell people that you agree with yourself, something may be wrong.

And what have you done for those cities besides support an orange lout who tweets insults at them so that his supporters can whack off a few times to the thought of a liberal possibly being annoyed somewhere?

If you have to tell people that you agree with yourself, something may be wrong.

don't ask a question you don't know the answer to:lol:

see

Seattle
Portland
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Chicago
Detroit
Baltimore

don't ask a question you don't know the answer to:lol:

So you're just full of **** again?

Shocking, I tell you. Shocking. I mean, everything has to be if you've been ordered to post in support of the Orange Lout. And besides, the dumber and more full of **** it is, the more what you post might be to annoy a liberal somewhere.

#Idiocracy
#PwnTheLibtards

You notice the most liberal and 10 years ago according to their Fox masters NYC is no longer on the conservative hit list? Lol

I wonder why? Lol

if other nations want to stubbornly cling to fossil fuels, let them. they can deal with the unsolvable problems in the Middle East, worry about dictators and despots, and fellate Russia for dessert. it's time for the US to move on.

The problem is though that kingdoms like saudi get away with the worst records for human rights because of oil, and so long as other nations demand their oil they will keep doing business as usual. America ending dependence on oil will not stop france or germany or south korea or japan from kissing their ass for oil unless you got every major power on board.

Jeezus these things look primitive

Iran's Drones: A Big Threat to the U.S. Military In a War? | The National Interest

RTS285UP.jpg

Many of the drones pictured as proof of iranian state govt make me scratch my head, they are often so primitive that any idiot anywhere in the world with duct tape and cardboard could make one, it makes one wonder if those are actually iranian drones or if they are just blaming everything on iran, since in other places like syria both syrian and syrian opposition use identical styles hastily made, and the opposition in that nation is not iran backed.

Heck I bet 5 year old school kid in america could figure out how to make one of those in 20 minutes, yet us intel is certain it must be a state actor, because only the iranian govt has access to the tech of duct tape!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is though that kingdoms like saudi get away with the worst records for human rights because of oil, and so long as other nations demand their oil they will keep doing business as usual. America ending dependence on oil will not stop france or germany or south korea or japan from kissing their ass for oil unless you got every major power on board.

seems like it's a good time for us to stop giving a **** about their oil fields.

seems like it's a good time for us to stop giving a **** about their oil fields.

You would need to get other nations on board otherwise the ksa keeps rolling like little ever happened.

You would need to get other nations on board otherwise the ksa keeps rolling like little ever happened.

sounds good we can sell them our replacements, as well.

sounds good we can sell them our replacements, as well.

You still need to convince the other nations, better get on it saying it is a good idea means squat if no one follows along and keeps pumping funds to the saudi govt.

Many of the drones pictured as proof of iranian state govt make me scratch my head, they are often so primitive that any idiot anywhere in the world with duct tape and cardboard could make one, it makes one wonder if those are actually iranian drones or if they are just blaming everything on iran, since in other places like syria both syrian and syrian opposition use identical styles hastily made, and the opposition in that nation is not iran backed.

Heck I bet 5 year old school kid in america could figure out how to make one of those in 20 minutes, yet us intel is certain it must be a state actor, because only the iranian govt has access to the tech of duct tape!!!!!!!!!!!!

You realize that's a crashed one that's been put back together right? That's why it's wings and fins need support and why the signs around it are in English. This isn't the same model, but it gives you a better idea of what they look like when operational.

6268.jpg

You realize that's a crashed one that's been put back together right? That's why it's wings and fins need support and why the signs around it are in English. This isn't the same model, but it gives you a better idea of what they look like when operational.

View attachment 67263952

The drone you pictured there looks like an actual iranian drone, the one in the other picture looks nothing like that even reconstructed, The one I quoted looked like some random rebels in xyz village smoked some hash ordered an engine off amazon and did the rest with carboard and duct tape, there is an epic difference between the picture you shown and the other picture.

On a side note, the first strategic use of a drone strike. Fascinating and troubling discovery.

Those weren't drones they were cruise missiles and so far I haven't seen any possible specs on these things to see how they got through a minimum of 680 miles of controlled airspace without being seen. Tomahawks range is about 800 to 1500 miles depending on model schlepping around a 1000 pound warhead. It isn't an attack you just do. Somebody has been working on this awhile.

You still need to convince the other nations, better get on it saying it is a good idea means squat if no one follows along and keeps pumping funds to the saudi govt.

in the meantime, i'll cast votes against the fossil fuels only crowd. they are an odd bunch, and they seem to follow orange idiots who shouldn't even be in charge of a fire hydrant purging schedule.

Saudi Minister of State verifies that Adel Al Jubeir verifies that neither the US nor certainly Saudi still to this day does not know where the raid on Saudi oil assets was launched. Will only contend that the missiles and drones were Iranian built. No kidding brainiac.

Asked to explain the dif between built in Iran and launched from Iran, the Saudi Minister would only say that IF launched from Iran that would be an act of war. Again...No kidding brainiac.

Maybe we should start really figuring out how much we can depend on our "allies" in the region:
- Saudi, with a known history of holding our coats and fighting to the last American, lifting its robes for the right or in fact ANY business deal and now verified incapable of defending or even monitoring its own airspace
- Israel, mired in Bebe/Trumpian nonsense though maybe about to shake that off

As for the US itself, laughably inept under Trump.....Bombastically inept under Trump.....far past the ineptness of Obama in the region and frankly neck and neck with "43" in the region.

Back
Top Bottom