• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Saudi Arabia Shuts Down About Half Its Oil Output After Drone Strikes

Drone range is not too limited, drone tech is easily bought on amazon, and they are either radio or gps controlled, it is not too hard for a barefoot rebel with no money hiding in a cave to figure out how to extend the range of a drone, heck the us has been using them since ww2 and somehow people find it impossible that any country with any source of tech can build them.

Officials are all over the map:
- maybe from Iran
- maybe from Iraq
- maybe from Yemen
- maybe we don't know

At this point, nobody has a clue and the chances of anybody of merit in the international community believing anything Pompeo or Trump have to say without concrete evidence is Zero....zilch.....nada.

But America is apparently great again.

Oil. Oil = $.

Western technology runs on oil. Bad guys do not enter into the equation. Do gooders are irrelevant. The West needs oil and the supply must be maintained.

Last edited:
Does anybody believe a bunch of drones could do all that?? I dont, they had to have been missiles IMO

smoke_is_seen_following_a_fire_at_an_aramco_factory_in_abqaiq_saudi_arabia_september_14_2019_reuters.jpg

F56BF9E7-8BAD-4EC7-AFCC-FCBDF967E194_w1023_r1_s.jpg

The MQ-1 Predator drone can carry two Hellfire missiles. You wouldn't want to be on the receiving end.

General Atomics MQ-1 Predator - Wikipedia

AGM-114 Hellfire - Wikipedia

Do you have anything to add here besides screaming TDS, TDS?

Im not screaming. Do you have anything to add other than TDS?

no it is a bull**** phrase created by retarded trump supporters that can’t stand that trump gets called out on his comments and actions. Trump supporters have smoked themselves retarded.

^tds.

I’ve already told you, I don’t have Trump Defense Syndrome (TDS). I understand you have TDS but not sure why you want to keep telling us you have it.

Here are some more numbers for you to ignore...

U.S. Total Crude Oil and Products Imports

List of countries by oil imports - Wikipedia

Apologies accepted.

In other words we import ten million barrels a day and not ten billion as you claimed. So you used wrong numbers, defined no terms, and you’re so poor at arguing your point you use stupid phrases like “apologies accepted” as though I am somehow responsible for your poor argument.

We are energy independent in the sense that we produce 60% of our demand, are the largest single oil producer in the world and over half our imports are Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, which are friendly nations in our own hemisphere.

The way I see it Saudi's attacked Yemen first. Yemen fought back by bombing their oil refineries.
Tough luck, thats karma! If you dont like to be attacked then dont attack other countries

Im not screaming. Do you have anything to add other than TDS?

Like I said before.....use TDS in a reply to a post of mine and I know I am winning the argument. Most posters infected with this disease of claiming TDS at least have the decency to make a point other than claiming it. In this case, there is no argument to be made since all you are doing is making a TDS claim. Congratulations.....I am not sure one could sink lower than you have in a forum titled DebatePolitics.

One thing worth noting in the discussion of the origin of the drone attacks, it is about a 630 mile hop from the border with Yemen to the locations where the production facilities attacks took place and about 580 miles from the border to the oil fields that were bombed. It is a much much shorter flight across the border from Iraq.

So to the point i was making earlier, the actual origin of the flights will require some work to figure out. Is Saudi airspace so porous that those drones made 10 separate 630 miles one way flights without detection? The Saudi's are fighting a proxy war or do they think they are engaged in acts of aggression taken across the border with Yemen with such impunity that they simply do not even monitor their own airspace.

Who had eyes on? Us, our allies, ANYBODY????? Looks like nobody had eyes on. Might be time for DonDon to finally let the grain of thought penetrate that monolithic cement head of his.

SA are bad guys. There are Jewish communities in Iran that have been there for centuries. It's illegal to practice Judaism in SA. SA promotes an extreme fundamentalist version of Islam. They execute people for blasphemy and witchcraft. Most of the 9/11 attackers were from SA. Some from SA government actually helped the 9/11 terrorists. Iran is Shiites and Shiites do not blow themselves up.

There is a cold war between SA and Iran. Why are we on the side of the bad guys?

Three things. Oil, oil money and military bases.

One day folks will awaken to realize almost everything is about money and for those with it, to keep it. Our government is mostly controlled by corporate america.

Does Iran or Yemen really have these types of drones in their military inventory though??

Not that size but more of the smaller recon type drones. Mount some explosives on them and they become a guided missile quite slow how ever. Iran I believe may have some smaller armed drones.i

Over the last few years SA kills THOUSANDS of innocents in Yemen with our weapons. Nobody seems to care.

But shut down 1/2 of SA's oil output and now all of a sudden the ME is a 'tinderbox' and the war hawks in DC want action.

If there was EVER any doubt that oil is more important to the GOP than lives, not any more.. Especially the so called 'pro-life' crowd. Thousands die, they don't care, but damn if there's a chance they will have to spend 10 cents more for a gallon of gas? Well, THAT'S WAR!!!

Over the last few years SA kills THOUSANDS of innocents in Yemen with our weapons. Nobody seems to care.

But shut down 1/2 of SA's oil output and now all of a sudden the ME is a 'tinderbox' and the war hawks in DC want action.

If there was EVER any doubt that oil is more important to the GOP than lives, not any more.. Especially the so called 'pro-life' crowd. Thousands die, they don't care, but damn if there's a chance they will have to spend 10 cents more for a gallon of gas? Well, THAT'S WAR!!!
Come on man, the Democrats arent much different

Trump claiming that he is waiting for VERIFICATION from Saudi as to the origin of the attacks. Yemen now not considered the most logical origin simply based on logic as my post above suggested.

However, depending on "Saudi" verification is laughable. The Saudis had no clue what was in their airspace, for how long and where they came from....clueless. So seeking verification from them is laughably trumpian.

You are going to rely on what the Saudi's say to possibly launch an attack DonDon? Comatose!!!

Last edited:
Come on man, the Democrats arent much different

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the pro-life party of Bush, Cheney, Bolton, Rumsfeld, and Trump who don't care that our weapons are killing 10's of thousands of innocents..

And 4 of those 5 names are a big reason for many of those deaths.

Like I said before.....use TDS in a reply to a post of mine and I know I am winning the argument. Most posters infected with this disease of claiming TDS at least have the decency to make a point other than claiming it. In this case, there is no argument to be made since all you are doing is making a TDS claim. Congratulations.....I am not sure one could sink lower than you have in a forum titled DebatePolitics.

Lol, right. Then you clearly dont read many posts here. 80% of the posts here by the infected left are little more than 'Trump is a poopy head.' There are entire threads that are just circle jerks of leftist TDS idiocy. Dont believe me? Ill PM you then next time one pops up. It wont be long

Lol, right. Then you clearly dont read many posts here. 80% of the posts here by the infected left are little more than 'Trump is a poopy head.' There are entire threads that are just circle jerks of leftist TDS idiocy. Dont believe me? Ill PM you then next time one pops up. It wont be long

So you actually believe Trump is a competent leader?

Back
Top Bottom