• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Saudi Arabia Preparing to Admit Khashoggi Was Killed: CNN

Can you say “premeditated?”

View attachment 67242244

.....because who doesn’t bring a bone saw to an interrogation?

Now now - perhaps we are jumping to conclusions here. Perhaps the individual who just happened to have the bone saw has a personal need for such a device on a daily basis and always has it on him. Perhaps he has very sensitive and weak teeth and hands and simply cannot cut tougher cuts of meat like steak and uses the device to aid in his daily eating?

yeah - that might be reasonable.

That is what I called - Thing is we shall see what they mean by who and held accountable.
Rogue operation gone wrong was their only way out. Should have done that within days- now who believes this crap.
Trump the moron.

So we should spread the word to the Autocrats of the world that Americans, especially if they are journalists may be murdered without reprisal? I would rather we condemned the action by placing appropriate sanctions on the Saudi's until they admit the truth and take steps to prevent it in the future. Oh and the "arms deal" is off of course. What is so hard about that? Congress will have to step in if Trump won't. So....Do you feel lucky,punk? What's your "mushroom dicked genius" going to do?

First, let me say you're barking up the wrong tree if you take me for a Trump supporter.

You'll have to be more specific on "appropriate sanctions." I'm not opposed necessarily, but considering they sell us ~11% of our oil each year, and buy ~18% of our arms, they have plenty of leverage to counter with. I believe some form of admission is coming soon, placing the blame on rogue elements inside SA. I imagine that won't suffice for you.

The arms sales here aren't a one time thing, but part of an ongoing arrangement. After WWII, SA effectively became a US military franchise operation, where they are dependent upon us for their spare parts, training, etc. It is absolutely central to our relationship with them, and converting away would be incredible expensive and painful (politically and economically) for both nations. It's extremely unlikely to happen anytime soon.

I think Congress will look at the situation overall, and most will reach the same conclusion, and nothing significant will come of this incident. It's sad for the guy, and maybe for humans as a species, but is also the best outcome for the US.

Trump the moron.

Going to be interesting to see the Saudi spin on this. Who the sacrificial lambs will be. What Turkey says. And then US-World reaction

Why is the media so outraged by that gentleman's apparent murder?

Would it have something to do with the fact that the media is indignant that a government would dare mistreat a fellow journalist?

Even President Trump is cleverly showing great concern for that journalist! Good tactical move on his part.

Trumps words mean nothing. He has no capacity for empathy. What matters here is what he does or doesn't do.

Going to be interesting to see the Saudi spin on this. Who the sacrificial lambs will be. What Turkey says. And then US-World reaction

Of course they will try to spin it as being an "accident". They didn't mean to kill him. A detention and interrogation that got out of hand and went wrong. What do you think the chances would be of some ordinary person like you and I being able to 'get out of hand' while being surrounded by a team of at least 9 special agents? Pretty slim I would think.

Wow, just wow... What if anyone here said the above about Obama?

They said far worse. Including your racist POTUS who let the racist birther movement.

And it's a fact Trump stood with Putin against the entire American intelligence community. I imagine you've managed to expunge the entire incident from your mind, but you can always find it on youtube. It was quite the scandal at the time.

Sad, to see so much hate for Trump.

You're just confused because Trump has told you that believing in reality means hating Trump, and you believe him. He can that with you, that's why he loves you.

Of course they will try to spin it as being an "accident". They didn't mean to kill him. A detention and interrogation that got out of hand and went wrong. What do you think the chances would be of some ordinary person like you and I being able to 'get out of hand' while being surrounded by a team of at least 9 special agents? Pretty slim I would think.

It will be interesting to see what new ideas the Saudi's have Trump float. The "rogue agent" doesn't seem to be going over tow well.

Trump is working as the Saudi's new PR rep, and I bet the pay is really really good.

It will be interesting to see what new ideas the Saudi's have Trump float. The "rogue agent" doesn't seem to be going over tow well.

Trump is working as the Saudi's new PR rep, and I bet the pay is really really good.

It IS almost like they're floating these different versions out there like a public relations firm would to see which version goes over best in the court of public opinion before they make their selection.

trump sent over that fat fool Mike Pompeo to smooth all this over....Human Rights be damned...There is big money at stake , pathetic to see US officials kiss Saudi ass

trump sent over that fat fool Mike Pompeo to smooth all this over....Human Rights be damned...There is big money at stake , pathetic to see US officials kiss Saudi ass

Funny how so many conservatives were quick to accuse Obama of doing this, even though he never did. But it's perfectly OK when Trump does it, and they actually give full support and defend the behavior.

White privilege in action.

Funny how so many conservatives were quick to accuse Obama of doing this, even though he never did. But it's perfectly OK when Trump does it, and they actually give full support and defend the behavior.

White privilege in action.

What you have to remember is "That's DIFFERENT!!!".

You should also remember "It's OK if 'our side' does it, but if 'their side' does it then that is terrible and completely justifies 'our side' doing it.".

To think of his fiance waiting outside for him, while the Saudis cut his body up, its beyond words.

They will take all the rooms in the Trump hotel for an extended stay.

Back
Top Bottom