• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ron DeSantis uses ‘monkey’ to describe Andrew Gillum agenda; Democrats brand it racist

yeah - its not like there is history of equating African Americans with apes or anything like that. :doh:roll:

Maybe DeSantis was a Howard Cosell fan?

This is how we got to a sponsor dropping a NASCAR team because the driver's father said the n-word 40 years ago.

Oh, we always knew the Republican party had a White Supremacist problem. It's just that in 2016 they became the predominant identity of the party. I know that a lot of Republicans are unhappy about this, but they defend the White Supremacists in their party in much the same way the family will circle the wagons around the loser gambler son: they're not proud of him, but he's still part of the family. Only in this analogy, that loser gambler son became the family's patriarch and is making the rules now.

Are you Black? I ask because here's another POV from a Black person. He has a right to say what's what...
The Democratic Party is White Supremacist Too.

Just unreal.

WTF?

Well, Freudian slips are always interesting. Its good to peer into the man's soul for a moment.

I'm not even sure how this is a "Freudian slip" as it is a common, non-racially charged term.

Well, Freudian slips are always interesting. Its good to peer into the man's soul for a moment.

Unless, you're God almighty and know what's in his heart, good luck with that.

Democrats pounce.....

"don't monkey with" is a common phrase. Don't let that stop the outrage addicts from getting their daily fix though.

And yet his phrasing was nothing like that. It was not the norm for using 'monkey with' at all.

Please, stop pushing a lie.

Jesus! PragerU? Why you don't put up a video from the Daily Caller or David Duke. It would be the same difference.

Democrats pounce.....

"don't monkey with" is a common phrase. Don't let that stop the outrage addicts from getting their daily fix though.

Only a moron wouldn't grasp that you shouldn't use primate references in association with blacks, in any way, shape, or form, given history.

Also, the N word is common, as well, and your point is?

Jesus! PragerU? Why you don't put up a video from the Daily Caller or David Duke. It would be the same difference.

did you watch the video? Oh that's right, it's easier to lie and scream racist than to address the issue. It's okay, I get that you admit you cannot debate the matter and have nothing aof intellectual value to bring to the discussion.

I'm not even sure how this is a "Freudian slip" as it is a common, non-racially charged term.

With Desantis one can't be sure that it didn't come out of nowhere.

https://shareblue.com/ron-desantis-dinesh-dsouza-parkland-florida/
Florida Democrats have called on the party to disinvite D’Souza from the GOP’s 2018 Sunshine Summit.

But DeSantis, who is running for governor, said that he “disagree[d] with what [D’Souza] tweeted but I would not disinvite him.”

After the Florida legislature blocked debate on a bill in February that would have banned assault weapons, D’Souza made fun of the teens from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland, who had lobbied for the legislation.

He tweeted that the failed passage was the “worst news since their parents told them to get summer jobs.” He followed that with a crass “Adults 1, kids 0.”

D’Souza only apologized for the statements after they were widely condemned.

In addition to tolerating his attacks on children, Florida Republicans seemingly have no problem with D’Souza’s criminal record, either.

D’Souza pleaded guilty to violating federal law after he helped funnel $20,000 in illegal campaign donations to a Republican candidate. He served five years’ probation and eight months in a halfway house.

He has since resumed his career producing odious conservative commentary. D’Souza has a penchant for comparing the Democratic Party to Nazi Germany. He wrote a book echoing the same bizarre message, as well as films attacking President Obama and Secretary Hillary Clinton.

D’Souza embraced a conspiracy theory about President Obama, arguing that he adhered to an “anti-colonial” ideology to hurt America.

His entire career as a conservative pundit has been about promoting half-baked crackpot theories and smearing Democrats, while asserting a revisionist view of history. He has also embraced racist views, such as arguing that low-income blacks are “pathological.” And he has insisted that white racism isn’t real — just a response to that “pathology.”

Yet for DeSantis, none of these vile displays appears to merit removing D’Souza from the GOP’s scheduled event. Attacking teenagers, embracing conspiracy theories, dismissing racism — all of it is apparently acceptable.

DeSantis and his party stand by D’Souza, and the connection should reverberate throughout Florida.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/06/25/ron-desantis-attended-a-conference-alongside-the-alt-rights-favorite-racist-misogynistic-speakers
Only a short time prior to the announcement of his run for Florida governor, U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis accepted a paid trip to attend a conference featuring a cast of extremely racist, hateful speakers, reports the Naples Daily News.

Those speakers included alt-right provocateurs such as Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes, former Trump advisor Sebastian Gorka and former White House chief strategist Steven Bannon, among others. Some of the platforms these speakers have touched on in the past include defending a candidate accused of child molestation, suggesting the killing of Muslims and referencing how women are less likely to be in leadership roles because of "biological causes."

Florida's own U.S. Rep. Brian Mast was also in attendance, per the website Right Wing Watch.

I believe it wasn't too long ago that the Chief financial officer of his campaign got roasted for using a racially charged term during a Fox News interview.

Yet not normally used for performing a given task differently or changing policy/tactics to achieve a desried outcome. The term is normally used for foolishly/aimlessly tampering with something having no desired effect at all - as in "quit monkeying around and get your bedroom cleaned up".

did you watch the video? Oh that's right, it's easier to lie and scream racist than to address the issue. It's okay, I get that you admit you cannot debate the matter and have nothing aof intellectual value to bring to the discussion.

Anyone who has any true intellect to speak of knows what PragerU is all about.

I didn't vote for desantis i voted for putnam but desantis won.
I checked into Gillum. I didn't hear much of him during the election compared to the other 3 big dem's running.

those 3 were all nut jobs. I thought that they might have nominated someone a little bit more sane than those 3.
nope he is about as bad as they are if not worse.

Fl is in a weird spot. We were running a nice surplus but 2 things have happened we had some massive hurricanes last year and medicaid rolls increased
Gillum wants to expand medicaid more making even more social spending.

their is the usual raise tax on the wealthy nonsense and business that never works.
of course being a liberal he is anti-2nd amendment.

and the list goes on and on.

more regulations more government more restrictions.
so i guess my vote will go to desantis.

why can't liberals every elect someone that is sane.

This was an item in the 1956 GOP platform

We are proud of and shall continue our far-reaching and sound advances in matters of basic human needs — expansion of social security — broadened coverage in unemployment insurance — improved housing — and better health protection for all our people. We are determined that our government remain warmly responsive to the urgent social and economic problems of our people.We shall continue to seek extension and perfection of a sound social security system.

IN fact, the entire GOP platform in 1956 read like today's DNC platform in may respects.

So, I ask you the same question. When are repubs going to nominate someone sane? Eisenhower was the last sane repub, as far as I can tell.

Unless, you're God almighty and know what's in his heart, good luck with that.

We will just see if there is more of where that came from. The first sign that it was, however, is no acknowledgement on his part that it could have been misconstrued.

It doesn't mean that it wasn't a Freudian slip. Who's to say that because it was a black man that term worked quickly (but subconsciously) to his lips.

Again, duly noted. We will see if there is more. I am certainly not ready to brand him a racist like Trump, but he does seem to like Trump, so its possible they see the world through a similar white lens.

Sure, why not? Let's just call everyone racist.

In this Trumpian world where racism is no longer denounced, we are seeing there are far more racists amongst us than I, for one, previously thought. Certainly not everyone is a racist, but it is far too prevalent and does need to be called out when seen.

Last edited:
We will just see if there is more of where that came from. The first sign that it was, however, is no acknowledgement on his part that it could have been misconstrued.

It doesn't mean that it wasn't a Freudian slip. Who's to say that because it was a black man that term worked quickly (but subconsciously) to his lips.

Again, duly noted. We will see if there is more. I am certainly not ready to brand him a racist like Trump, but he does seem to like Trump, so its possible they see the world through a similar white lens.

Get real. You're hoping there's more of that...

Anyone who has any true intellect to speak of knows what PragerU is all about.

Deftly refuting people like you? The speaker, is a well respected BLACK WOMAN, but hey, you keep on with the immature attacks on them if you wish, it just makes you look bad.

Get real. You're hoping there's more of that...

No, racism is pretty ugly. It saddens me to see it and it scares me even more that it has worked its way into acceptance in the Republican party, but the tone is set at the top. What we should be doing is attacking this virus at its source: we should be calling Trump out on it. He is a big enough project, we do not need more.

DeSantis gets the benefit of the doubt.... let's hope this is the end of it.

Deftly refuting people like you? The speaker, is a well respected BLACK WOMAN, but hey, you keep on with the immature attacks on them if you wish, it just makes you look bad.

So the speaker on this video being black somehow negates it obvious far right conservative bias? Smarten up!

So the speaker on this video being black somehow negates it obvious far right conservative bias? Smarten up!

It's a conservative university, that doesn't mean the information provided is wrong, it just means you are not intellectually capable of responding to it and you proved it with this tirade.

Sure, why not? Let's just call everyone racist.

The typical trick of someone being accused of a less than virtuous act is to assert that it's common.

Posturing is not a valid argument.

Only a moron wouldn't grasp that you shouldn't use primate references in association with blacks, in any way, shape, or form, given history.

Also, the N word is common, as well, and your point is?

Only a moron couldn't grasp that what he said wasn't racist.

In this Trumpian world where racism is no longer denounced, we are seeing there are far more racists amongst us than I, for one, previously thought. Certainly not everyone is a racist, but it is far too prevalent and does need to be called out when seen.

Yep. It's simply not-so-subtle coding my Trumpian and conservative republicans. It's got a long history that the snowflake Trump fellatrixes here simply can't accept, but all their wishing won't change reality.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...ey-racism-language-florida-governors-election

Back
Top Bottom