• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rice claim on Syria chemical weapons gets 'four Pinocchios'[W:15]

Re: Rice claim on Syria chemical weapons gets 'four Pinocchios'

Rice claim on Syria chemical weapons gets 'four Pinocchios' | Fox News

Rice is a known professional liar, so there's nothing new here. This the typical symbolism over substance foreign policy we saw the last 8 years.

I don't know if WaPo's fact-checker is 100% accurate. According to this timeline from the Arms Control Association, Syria under monitoring by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), reportedly delivered the last of its chemical weapons stockpile for destruction in January 2017. However, according to the timeline, the OWPC's investigation into the use of chemical weapons after September 2016 revealed that on December 13, 2016 "allegations were made that chemical weapons were used in the Islamic State controlled areas of the Hama Governate, northwest of Palmyra." And then there's the chemical weapons attack that took place on April 4, 2017 in the northern province of Idlib. It's important to note that Idilb was taken by Al-Nusra Front rebel forces in the summer of 2015 and remains in rebel control to date. So, it is possible that based on information from the Arms Control Association and the OPCW, Susan Rice was telling the truth. Moreover, it may also look like the Syrian government was telling the truth when it said it did not use chemical weapons against Syrian nationals, but only a thorough investigation into matters will determine what really happened there.

Saddam Hussein?

Maybe they hid a little from those who cannot be named. Maybe those who cannot be named let them keep a little. Maybe those who cannot be named straight-up gave it back to them. Maybe they got it entirely from somewhere else. Maybe they manufactured it.

But I'm sorry, don't let that uncertainty get in the way of your opportunity to call Rice a lying piece of **** fat bitch ****. You're clearly enjoying yourself and it's not my place to rain on whatever happiness this brings to your day.

Last edited:

So was her mistake in believing those who cannot be named?

Also, just for the record, as far as I'm aware the issue of the sarin gas's origin still hasn't been addressed.

Her mistake was lying. Except it wasn't a mistake. It was deliberate.

Her mistake was lying. Except it wasn't a mistake. It was deliberate.

See post 27.

In the first 81 days of his administration, Trump has made 367 false or misleading statements.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims/

However, it should be noted that this page was updated only on day 77, so the real number of false or misleading statements is almost certainly much higher.

That's not a problem with honesty, that's more like a medical issue right there.

Ironic, that people are pointing out Susan Rice's incorrect statements as evidence of her being a deliberately deceitful liar.. in defense of a pathological liar who could turn deceit into a sport.

Exhibit A: Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

Maybe Susan Rice was only presenting alternative facts, and you need only look into her heart for what she really meant. She was referring to newer weapons, not the old wiretapped weapons that are no longer in use. Witch hunt! Sad!

Is this thread about Trump or is it about chemical weapons and their use in Syria? You even miss the route that could be taken to properly defend her because it's always gotta be Trump. Here statement didn't cover the extremists having gotten rid of their weapons and I suspect that's where they came from, not Assad.

It isn't and no one knows where the opposition forces have been getting it either. My assumption is that the Syrian government did destroy its declared stockpile - there was a gap where they switched to chlorine gas - and has since manufactured more. That still doesn't explain where the opposition forces have been getting the Sarin they've been using against Syrian forces and civilians.

Here's an article from BBC News (2/07/2017) that might interest you. Notice who it says controls Idlib and the surrounding area.

Is this thread about Trump or is it about chemical weapons and their use in Syria? You even miss the route that could be taken to properly defend her because it's always gotta be Trump. Here statement didn't cover the extremists having gotten rid of their weapons and I suspect that's where they came from, not Assad.

Excuse me, but the thread is not about Trump. Please stay on topic. Thanks.

Saddam Hussein?

Now we are going with the time machine conspiracy theory?

Excuse me, but the thread is not about Trump. Please stay on topic. Thanks.

Right...glad I could put you back on track.

Right...glad I could put you back on track.

I don't recall needing your help with that. If you want to start a thread on Trump, you're free to do so anywhere else on the forum.

I don't deal in maybes.

When those maybes have finally been replaced with certainties, which we don't actually have yet, maybe that would be a good time for making comments on Rice's honesty. Perhaps, like American, you would just like to get it off her chest and call her a bitch or a whore or something.

I don't recall needing your help with that. If you want to start a thread on Trump, you're free to do so anywhere else on the forum.

It's cute watching you deny reality. Too bad it's on record and I've quoted both of you on such. So it looks like a matter of you having to take your own advice.

When those maybes have finally been replaced with certainties, which we don't actually have yet, maybe that would be a good time for making comments on Rice's honesty. Perhaps, like American, you would just like to get it off her chest and call her a bitch or a whore or something.

I have no idea whether she's a bitch or whore. I'm sure she is a liar.

Susan went on 5 Sunday morning shows proclaiming a video was to blame.

Susan stated that absolutely positively 100% of Syria's WMD's had been voluntarily given up.

There's two right there.

Rice is a known professional liar, so there's nothing new here. This the typical symbolism over substance foreign policy we saw the last 8 years.

You have provided not one iota of proof that Syria has any chemical weapons. Idlib was Chlorine. It was stored in a warehouse that was hit by Syrian bombs. It is/was Nusra Front/ISIS Chlorine. That would be the same alleged "moderate" rebels that the US/CIA has been supporting and arming and financing directly and indirectly.
//

You have provided not one iota of proof that Syria has any chemical weapons. Idlib was Chlorine. It was stored in a warehouse that was hit by Syrian bombs. It is/was Nusra Front/ISIS Chlorine. That would be the same alleged "moderate" rebels that the US/CIA has been supporting and arming and financing directly and indirectly.
//

I don't have to prove that, because the thread is about Rice.

Who's more of a lying bitch....Rice or Hillary?

Obama

Washington Post, Politifact and Snopes all originally either called this statement true or did not mention it. Yet leftist on this vary forum constantly use these propaganda sites as sources.

WP never mentioned this statement until after the recent attack.

Politifact said her statement was true, after the recent attack they took the post down and tried to pretend it never happened. It was only after they were called that they put up a half hearted retraction. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...jomtCmOqad5jsy7o-dSNpA&bvm=bv.152174688,d.cGw

Snopes seems only capable of putting up clickbait articles where the title boldly exclaims Missile attack was only meant to make Trump looks good but in the body of the article they admit none of it can be confirmed. An honest person might ask, "why write such an article?" The answer is: theTitle is the dishonest propaganda message they want out there, the article itself was the cover against the charges of dishonesty. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...8E0XcE4k9y-KCUS5s6p6qA&bvm=bv.152174688,d.cGw

We have a fine crop of politicians.

Crops come from groomed and manicured fields. Politicains come from leaky septic tanks.
/

Crops come from groomed and manicured fields. Politicains come from leaky septic tanks.
/

Politicians grow in the stuff we used to dump on our fields!?!? That's disgusting.

;)

I have no idea whether she's a bitch or whore. I'm sure she is a liar.

Susan went on 5 Sunday morning shows proclaiming a video was to blame.

Susan stated that absolutely positively 100% of Syria's WMD's had been voluntarily given up.

There's two right there.

I see. So you have no reason to think she was lying over Syria, and you just want to rehash Benghazi. Got it.

Back
Top Bottom