• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Plinking - The love of simple things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might do, but that wouldn't be "plinking" if it didn't give off it's characteristic sound would it ?
If sound is the qualifier than;
Neither would shooting wood that would me be more "cracking". Shooting glass would be more "pshhting". The plinking sound only comes from a realitivly thing sheet of metal.

Plinking can mean diffrent things to diffrent people. Why cant you accept that people may view things differently?

Neither would shooting wood that would me be more "cracking". Shooting glass would be more "pshhting". The plinking sound only comes from a realitivly thing sheet of metal.

Plinking can mean diffrent things to diffrent people. Why cant you accept that people may view things differently?

Because, nowhere on-line do I see any definition of plinking to include a live target.

I was asking various posters for their opinion.

Because, nowhere on-line do I see any definition of plinking to include a live target.

Ok still does not answer the question of

Why cant you accept that people may view things differently?

Ok still does not answer the question of

Why cant you accept that people may view things differently?

Because what I've seen of plinki9ng videos on YT doesn't support the view that "plinking" involves the shooting of live targets.

The criminals in the 1986 Dade county shoot up

would go to shooting ranges, kill people plinking cans, and steal their guns and cars.

1986 FBI Miami shootout - Wikipedia

Thought this fit in a thread about plinking.

Because what I've seen of plinki9ng videos on YT doesn't support the view that "plinking" involves the shooting of live targets.
And others view it differently. So why can't you accept that people may view things diff

Yes, I observe it in other poster, including you, all the time.
If you were honest enough to see it in your own posts these boards could be productive. I will admit when I make a mistake something you don't do.

Where do you see a definition that excludes a live target? You haven't posted any. Now you want to move the goalpost to say that plinking is defined by the sound a projectile makes striking the target. This is the height of point and laugh desperation given that you earlier used marshmallows as an example of a proper plinking target.

What sound does a marshmallow make when you shoot it Rich? :lamo

One of the better plinkers I have had.

View attachment 67281351

Baby brother to the Remington 870 shotgun and the Remington Model 760 centerfire.

I have a Winchester 62A which is much like that Remington but has an exposed hammer. Excellent for plinking. Added attraction is that it can be slam fired.

I have a Winchester 62A which is much like that Remington but has an exposed hammer. Excellent for plinking. Added attraction is that it can be slam fired.

Shhhh

Someone will ban it.

BTW - Winchester 1897 shotgun can be slam fired.

It can be seen in "Every Which Way but Loose"

Ruth Gordon uses a 1897 shotgun. For a second she looks surprised as she cycles the slide and the gun goes off.

One of the better plinkers I have had.

View attachment 67281351

Baby brother to the Remington 870 shotgun and the Remington Model 760 centerfire.

when I was a kid I craved one of those. My dad bought me a Browning lever action 22 instead, since his favorite gun shop didn't have those Remingtons. I bought two of them many years later-one just like that and one of the "newer" models that had darker wood (572 BDL)

when I was a kid I craved one of those. My dad bought me a Browning lever action 22 instead, since his favorite gun shop didn't have those Remingtons. I bought two of them many years later-one just like that and one of the "newer" models that had darker wood (572 BDL)

I also had the sister to this gun. The Remington 552. Semi auto with same body and barrel and trigger group. The problem was reliability and legality. it would jam every few rounds and then rip off 5-10 in full glorious slam-fire...

Got rid of that one.

I also had the sister to this gun. The Remington 552. Semi auto with same body and barrel and trigger group. The problem was reliability and legality. it would jam every few rounds and then rip off 5-10 in full glorious slam-fire...

Got rid of that one.

I live on a farm but it is in a city limit. So technically, no 22 shooting but we put cb caps or shorts in the Remington for vermin-at short range a short will take out a woodchuck and its much faster to shoot than a heavy duty airgun.

I live on a farm but it is in a city limit. So technically, no 22 shooting but we put cb caps or shorts in the Remington for vermin-at short range a short will take out a woodchuck and its much faster to shoot than a heavy duty airgun.

.22 Colibri... Quieter than a strong .177 pellet rifle.

Got rid of that one.

Even though I described it as such, I don't know if what my Winchester 62 does is technically a slam fire. The hammer doesn't follow the bolt forward. What happens is that if the trigger is held, the hammer drops when the bolt goes into battery because there is no disconnector in the trigger mechanism. I have a Model 12 Winchester shotgun and it works the same way.

Even though I described it as such, I don't know if what my Winchester 62 does is technically a slam fire. The hammer doesn't follow the bolt forward. What happens is that if the trigger is held, the hammer drops when the bolt goes into battery because there is no disconnector in the trigger mechanism. I have a Model 12 Winchester shotgun and it works the same way.

I know where you were going with the term. Damned disconcerting when you are used to a S&W 916 and switch to a Winchester 1897 or Model 12. You have to remember to release the trigger before completing the pump action.

If you were honest enough to see it in your own posts these boards could be productive. I will admit when I make a mistake something you don't do.

On the contrary, I admit mistakes.

It is you who insist on defending a statement, even when it's clearly wrong

Just now, you refuse to accept there's a difference between a firearm designed to be fitted with a light, and designed to be capable of being fitted with a light.

Shooting a water filled can is more of a "thwak, glug glug glug...."

On the contrary, I admit mistakes.

It is you who insist on defending a statement, even when it's clearly wrong

Just now, you refuse to accept there's a difference between a firearm designed to be fitted with a light, and designed to be capable of being fitted with a light.

A water can full of water might make a good "plinking target", a live animal not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom