• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Plinking - The love of simple things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
normally no but others might see it differently.

Bingo.

It's a subjective thing. There's hardly a formal set of rules and targets for something that is defined as being informal.

So you regard hunting birds as "plinking" ?

I wonder how many others will agree that plinking includes shooting at live animals ?

No I would consider hunting birds to be hunting. I would consider plinking at small birds plinking.

There seems to be a few here who would agree.

Would shooting at live animals be considered "plinking"

What? You're seeking a definition by consensus? Very strange considering you have claimed that filling one's deer tag from a stand is not really hunting even though millions of deer hunters will explain how they hunt deer from a stand.

Well I guess consensus is a last resort, given your earlier attempt to define the term by Wiki exploded in your face. Which was an ironic choice itself, given how at other times you utterly reject standard dictionary definitions of simple words.

In final analysis it appears you want to set yourself up as authoritative on a subject of which you have very little knowledge and even less experience. That doesn't usually work out too well.

normally no but others might see it differently.

Yes I suppose some might see shooting anything might be considered "plinking".

But I'm glad that you agree that these people exist outside what we would normally understand by the term.

It is getting harder and harder to find areas to go plinking, the farm of my Youth, is still there but 6 hours away.
going to a shooting range, does not have quite the same appeal.

Would you say that shooting live animals are examples of "plinking" ?

co2 powered bb pistol on a rural farm in upstate south carolina once school was over
anything that moved was a potential target to this nine year old ... in addition to most things that did not
emancipated from the air force bases i had lived, where no guns and no fireworks were allowed, that summer with my grandparents and Mom's 'baby' brother was quite memorable
weekend afternoons with my uncle - think wally to my beaver cleaver - driving around shotgun in his 57 ford, listening to rock n roll played loud on that awful AM radio. getting a dollar's worth of 10 cent chili dogs and cold dopes (slang term for sodas at the time) from the pool hall and a quick trip to the dump to shoot rats with his .22
good times

Would you say that shooting at live animals would count as "plinking" ?

Totally agree with you

"Plinking" does NOT include shooting at live animals.

Prove it. You posted a link that was inclusive.

Yeah, plinking. Hold my beer.....

We have an old sand quarry about a mile from here by the river. Still go there once in a while.
Some of my youth was spent on my grandfather's farm. Ever try to shoot chickens in the head? Almost impossible. Always bobbin'. Harder to hit than doves.

First gun I actually bought was a surplus 8mm Persian Mauser from the local Western Auto store. I was 16 but the clerk rang it up. $18 + about 3% sales tax back then.

Would you say that shooting at living animals is "plinking" ?

Prove it. You posted a link that was inclusive.

Different people hold different opinions on what plinking is. What’s the point in arguing with someone you know will just keep moving goal posts instead of accepting plinking can mean different things to different people.

Would you say that shooting at living animals is "plinking" ?

Yep. Sure do. we actually EAT chickens. Hard to believe, right? And we liked them better dead and cooked rather than alive and raw.

I also liked shooting rat's down at the dump. When I was working as a welder, down by the river, a couple of us would go after work to the dump next door and plink at the rats. We didn't eat them, though. But it was great fun.

Then we'd go get a couple drinks at our favorite bar. We would often shoot them, too. But in a different way. Those were good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom