• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi Warns of ‘New Stage’ of Inquiry if Trump Blocks Whistle-Blower Complaint

Of course it matters.
As I have said before, the president is not under the authority of the DNI. I am not understanding your claim to the contrary.
Furthermore, the president sets foreign policy, not Congress and certainly not the intelligence agencies.

And I've already refuted you. You are misinterpreting the language of what the IG's responsibilities are.

It does not matter if the subject of the complaint is of a higher rank than the DNI. It's totally irrelevant. What's relevant is the law I've cited to you. Would you like to go over it again?

Yes. Yes, they can, and the internet is forever. A few years from now, when all this is over, and the dumpster fire has been extinguished, we can remind them of it

The whataboutisms will be rampant because there is so much material.

Nobody has broken any laws about that. Schiff and the Democrats on the Intelligence Committee are sure demanding that President Trump provide a transcript of a private conversation between himself and the Ukranian leadership. And if that isn't against the law, it damn sure should be.
The complaint itself MUST be given to the intelligence committee under the law, and the WH is refusing to comply with the law, what part of that are you not grasping?

Furthermore, the courts have ruled that executive privilege doesn't cover conduct the congress might deem impeachable.

Well.... If soliciting the interference of a foreign government into our U.S. election isn't an impeachable offense, then absolutely nothing is. How much lower can the bar for impeachment go?

Oh, I don't know. Lots of people weren't upset when the Clinton campaign solicited anti-Trump dirt from Russia. Those same folks weren't bent out of shape when the Obama Admin used that information in a court of law again an American citizen.

No, here's the part of the law that some are ignoring.
Maguire has claimed that “the complaint concerns conduct by someone outside of the Intelligence Community and … involves confidential and potentially privileged communications.”

The executive branch has always maintained that it does not consider the statutory language mandatory. In signing the original Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act of 1998, President Clinton stated that it “does not constrain my constitutional authority to review and, if appropriate, control disclosure of certain classified information to Congress.” President Obama reiterated this limitation in 2010. Congress no doubt disagrees with this interpretation, but the president’s ultimate control over classified information has been a consistent position of every administration.

You're welcome...
Unpacking the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Complaint - Lawfare

Last edited:
No. Adam Schiff is demanding that the President violate the Constitution. The Constitution will win out every single time.
Do conservatives think if they insert the word "constitution" into an argument they are magically right, even if they're wrong?

Nixon tried to make the argument that his private conversations were executive privilege, refusing to comply with congress. The courts, however, have ruled that evidence that might relate to criminal or impeachable conduct, is not protected by executive privilege.

This IS a loser in court for Trump, no matter what you've been told.

Right?!

Getting tired of this.

The trumpanzees are merely gaslighting. There is no desire from them to discuss anything.

Reality: "Here's the law verbatim"
Trumpanzees: "No it isn't"​

We will just have to disagree. When the Intelligence Committee demands information that clearly violates separation of powers, it has no case.

So when some future democrat president pressures a foreign government for information about an opponent, he just gets to do it if its a private conversation?

Do you hear what you are saying?

I'm not saying you don't believe trump is innocent, I'm positive you are.

But you're basically saying that once elected a president can do as he pleases without question or sanction.

And that's ridiculous. Presidents aren't kings.

Well, Americans do at least.

I am American and I stringently oppose any such reckless, fickle, and furtive waste of public funds used primarily by a convoluted Democratic party for their own bum stew!
If there is reason to impeach, it very likely ought begin in the House of Representatives, and then on to the Senate!
Want to impeach the President? Well, let the heel biters bring it on. I defy them! Or, are they going to continue just barking?!?!?
Regards,
CP

The trumpanzees are merely gaslighting. There is no desire from them to discuss anything.

Refutation: Trump does not have to obey the law.

This whole thread can be summarized in that post.

Case and point...

No, here's the part of the law that some are ignoring.
Maguire has claimed that “the complaint concerns conduct by someone outside of the Intelligence Community and … involves confidential and potentially privileged communications.”

The law isn't the law because... hannity told them so.

And I've already refuted you. You are misinterpreting the language of what the IG's responsibilities are.

It does not matter if the subject of the complaint is of a higher rank than the DNI. It's totally irrelevant. What's relevant is the law I've cited to you. Would you like to go over it again?

You haven't even come close.
Because now you are trying to argue that a Congessional stature supercedes the Constitution.
The president sets foreign policy.

So when some future democrat president pressures a foreign government for information about an opponent, he just gets to do it if its a private conversation?

Do you hear what you are saying?

I'm not saying you don't believe trump is innocent, I'm positive you are.

But you're basically saying that once elected a president can do as he pleases without question or sanction.

And that's ridiculous. Presidents aren't kings.

Then impeach him.
Holy smoke. Get it over with.
Take responsibility.

Oh, I don't know. Lots of people weren't upset when the Clinton campaign solicited anti-Trump dirt from Russia. Those same folks weren't bent out of shape when the Obama Admin used that information in a court of law again an American citizen.

Did the Clinton's try to hold back $250 million dollars from Russia unless they cooperated? Show me the proof of that. Show me the same verification of your lies about the Obama administration while you're at it. I'll wait, and don't send me anything from Faux News.

The law, verbatim, supports what the "trumpanzees" have said.

You haven't even come close.
Because now you are trying to argue that a Congessional stature supercedes the Constitution.
The president sets foreign policy.

Yeah, I already did refute you. It doesn't matter the rank of the subject of the complaint.
Just saying Constitution and proclaiming victory is a dodge. If the IWPA was Unconstitutional it would not be law.

The President setting foreign policy is a red herring. The argument is about a whistleblower filing a complaint and the DNI breaking the law I've already cited to you MANY times.

Back
Top Bottom