• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Not only is impeachment dead on arrival, there's a risk that the Senate doesn't even take it up,' M

POTUS has the power to release documents and allow testimony that would prove the House wrong. Why hasn't he?

Trump never had to go out of his way to work or learn anything. His parents never felt the need to challenge Trump in any way. Trump was never intellectually challenged and has lived his whole life in a bubble.

That is why he talks and constructs sentences like a first-grader--because he simply is not smart.

All his life he has automatically gotten what he wanted so he is not used to other people challenging him or his claims. So now what he wants he throws tantrums to persuade others to think he is right. It seem like he never grew up intellectually past the age of 5.

What is most disturbing are the folks who strongly support him regardless of the facts and just as damaging don't have the intelligence to know better.

Trump never had to go out of his way to work or learn anything. His parents never felt the need to challenge Trump in any way. Trump was never intellectually challenged and has lived his whole life in a bubble.

That is why he talks and constructs sentences like a first-grader--because he simply is not smart.

All his life he has automatically gotten what he wanted so he is not used to other people challenging him or his claims. So now what he wants he throws tantrums to persuade others to think he is right. It seem like he never grew up intellectually past the age of 5.

What is most disturbing are the folks who strongly support him regardless of the facts and just as damaging don't have the intelligence to know better.

I'd like to hear why his defenders don't support witnesses and documents that exculpate him of any crime or wrong doing. It's that simple. Anyone?

A figure of speech still means something though, it still conveys meaning like a metaphor or a simile does, it's just not intended to be interpreted literally.

So if you think that the line is a figure of speech then what sort of meaning do you think Trump was trying to convey that wasn't literal?

Or, do are you suggesting Trump meant NOTHING at all when he said that line, either literally or figuratively, meaning that we should read that entire transcript as if the words, "I WOULD LIKE YOU TO DO US A FAVOR THOUGH...", do not exist?

Now, if Zeleneskyy asked for javelin missiles and Trump literally said and meant, "I would like you to do me a favor though", that is LITERALLY a request for a quid pro quo.

The mental gymnastics you guys are willing to go to in order to avoid the most reasonable, plain-English, common-sense interpretation of the stuff Trump says is quite interesting.

So, Trump didn't ask for something, or else this or that... And Zeleneskyy, get this, said there was no quid pro que in any way. Another thing that the left ignores. Hey, but who cares what he thinks, or what the transcript says? Let's ignore all that and go on with this crap show.

I think he is probably a sociopath:

Profile of the Sociopath

This doesn’t help us—it helps other countries.

The fear is being the minority eventually. While I don't think the eventual immigrant majority will sink to the depths of the past and present white majority, I do believe that is exactly what the Trump base fears.

Like I said, they can't stop it. White people are a minority in the world and despite Trump's and Miller's best efforts to hang a WHITES ONLY sign on the country, it's inevitable that white people will be outnumbered by non-white people eventually. That's not even to say that any other race will assume the majority by itself. Just that altogether there will be more non-white people of all races than white people. And that's what some of them are freaked out about. It's really difficult for me to imagine that mindset.

You support the left making a mockery of our Constitution, as they claim to be upholding it. They are doing the exact opposite, running this non-impeachment like the secret police in old East Germany.

East Germany. With Trump in charge. Sounds about right.

Can anyone explain why POTUS would go through impeachment when he could clear himself by allowing witnesses for his defense to testify? He could release exculpatory documents and this would be all over and POTUS could declare victory. Am I right?

Yep. So the next question is then why won't he prove his innocence?

Yep. So the next question is then why won't he prove his innocence?

Anyone care to respond and defend POTUS? Why won't he release documents and allow his administration to testify to his innocence?

Anyone care to respond and defend POTUS?

Because the whole thing is presidential harassment. Or a witch hunt. Or a hoax. Or a lynching. Or whatever. So the Constitution is suspended so Trump can run this country off a cliff unimpeded.

You support the left making a mockery of our Constitution, as they claim to be upholding it. They are doing the exact opposite, running this non-impeachment like the secret police in old East Germany.

How is it anything "like the secret police in old East Germany?"

:confused:

Because the whole thing is presidential harassment. Or a witch hunt. Or a hoax. Or a lynching. Or whatever. So the Constitution is suspended so Trump can run this country off a cliff unimpeded.

That doesn't answer my question. If he is innocent the facts from those he has ordered not to testify should support that. Anyone?

This is getting ridiculous, you can't win at the ballot box so for 4 years you try to throw the guy who won out of office and continue to make trumped up charges to promote your cause. What is it exactly that you want from a President since it isn't national security, economic growth, job creation, and strong consumer confidence and stock market. Today's liberals are intellectually bankrupt!! Why do you hate your country?

Yes, took a three month hiatus not posting upstairs but am back!!

Your Dear Leader has been proven in court to be a fraud and thief. He was slapped with a $25 million judgement in that Trump Universty fraud and fined $2 million for siphoning off money raised to benefit veterans and using it for his campaign. Some of that money was also used to buy Tim Tebow memorabilia at auction (11 grand if I remember right) and 10 thou was used to commission a portrait of himself. Money raised for charity, for veterans.
This is ridiculous. That kind of thing used to be, and still should be, career suicide for a politician and here you guys are defending the most corrupt shyster and scammer to ever pollute the Oval Office.

That doesn't answer my question. If he is innocent the facts from those he has ordered not to testify should support that. Anyone?

Are you just being obtuse? He's not cooperating or allowing anyone else to cooperate because he's guilty.

Are you just being obtuse? He's not cooperating or allowing anyone else to cooperate because he's guilty.

Not being obtuse. I just want 45's supporters to defend his obstruction of Congress, his refusal to release documents and not allowing his administration to testify.

Your Dear Leader has been proven in court to be a fraud and thief. He was slapped with a $25 million judgement in that Trump Universty fraud and fined $2 million for siphoning off money raised to benefit veterans and using it for his campaign. Some of that money was also used to buy Tim Tebow memorabilia at auction (11 grand if I remember right) and 10 thou was used to commission a portrait of himself. Money raised for charity, for veterans.
This is ridiculous. That kind of thing used to be, and still should be, career suicide for a politician and here you guys are defending the most corrupt shyster and scammer to ever pollute the Oval Office.

Yeah, if you didn't know what Trump was before he was president, your cluelessness will not hold up when he falls. Unfortunately for the majority that didn't vote for him, this frivolous country got the president it deserved. I think there were a lot of people that did vote for him, or didn't vote at all that were actually shocked with each new outrage this effing moron put the country through. Absolutely laughable.

So, Trump didn't ask for something, or else this or that... And Zeleneskyy, get this, said there was no quid pro que in any way. Another thing that the left ignores. Hey, but who cares what he thinks, or what the transcript says? Let's ignore all that and go on with this crap show.

You made the point that Trump didn't really ask for a favor based on the idea that the line where he says, "I would like you to do us a favor though.." was just a figure of speech.

This was my response: "A figure of speech still means something though, it still conveys meaning like a metaphor or a simile does, it's just not intended to be interpreted literally. So if you think that the line is a figure of speech then what sort of meaning do you think Trump was trying to convey that wasn't literal?"

You did not answer my question. Would you like to answer my question?

Curly, Moe, and Larry agree.
And the have lots of company. Come back in a year and we can discuss how much company.

You do realize that the DNC is desperate, right? They don't think any of the usual suspects can beat Trump next year.

Not being obtuse. I just want 45's supporters to defend his obstruction of Congress, his refusal to release documents and not allowing his administration to testify.

Good luck with that. I posted what they'll say.

You made the point that Trump didn't really ask for a favor based on the idea that the line where he says, "I would like you to do us a favor though.." was just a figure of speech.

This was my response: "A figure of speech still means something though, it still conveys meaning like a metaphor or a simile does, it's just not intended to be interpreted literally. So if you think that the line is a figure of speech then what sort of meaning do you think Trump was trying to convey that wasn't literal?"

You did not answer my question. Would you like to answer my question?

I try not to dwell on the meaningless things. The left likes to do that in order to steer the argument off course. You are trying to focus on one word, I'm not sure why. Do you think a President should be impeached if he says "Do me a favor"? I guess any Congressman that says that should also be removed.

I try not to dwell on the meaningless things. The left likes to do that in order to steer the argument off course. You are trying to focus on one word, I'm not sure why. Do you think a President should be impeached if he says "Do me a favor"? I guess any Congressman that says that should also be removed.

I just want to know why you think that when Trump said, "I would like you to do us a favor though..." he didn't actually mean, "I would like you to do us a favor though..."

And the have lots of company. Come back in a year and we can discuss how much company.

You do realize that the DNC is desperate, right? They don't think any of the usual suspects can beat Trump next year.

They sure don’t look or sound desperate. The republicans, however, are engaged in deflection. They want you to ignore the man behind the curtain.

Back
Top Bottom