• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

North Carolina Lt Governor says that trans people should defecate on the street corner.

Lisa

salem ac leporem,
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Nearly seven years after North Carolina repealed the “bathroom bill” that led to national headlines and economic boycotts, Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson is bringing back the issue of bathroom requirements for transgender people.

In campaign speeches in recent weeks, Robinson suggested that people who previously identified as male should be “arrested” if they go in a women’s bathroom. Instead, he suggests they should “find a corner outside somewhere” to relieve themselves.

“We're going to defend women in this state,” he said, according to a video of his campaign stop in Cary earlier this month. “That means if you're a man on Friday night, and all the sudden on Saturday, you feel like a woman, and you want to go in the women's bathroom in the mall, you will be arrested — or whatever we got to do to you.” see him bring this up time after time after time ... I think this is not the last time we’re going to hear Mark Robinson bring up issues around transgender bathrooms or transgender rights, and what he views as the wrong path for the state.” Robinson made a similar comment in a Greenville speech, adding that “if you are confused, find a corner outside somewhere to go. We're not tearing society down because of this.”
A spokesman for Robinson’s campaign declined to comment when WUNC sent questions seeking clarification on Robinson’s stance on bathroom regulations. He did not answer questions about whether the lieutenant governor wants to reinstate legislation similar to House Bill 2.

Known as the “bathroom bill,” that law was passed in 2016 in response to a new nondiscrimination ordinance in Charlotte. Among other things, the bill required people to use bathrooms in public facilities that match the gender on their birth certificate.

HB2 was criticized as discriminatory toward the LGBTQ+ community, and it prompted some companies to boycott North Carolina. The NCAA temporarily banned the state from hosting college sports championships.

The law was mostly repealed in 2017 in a compromise between Gov. Roy Cooper and Republican legislators; it's been fully repealed since 2020 when a remaining provision of the law expired. Since then, bathrooms haven’t been discussed much even as the GOP pursues other transgender-related restrictions. Last year, the legislature banned gender-affirming healthcare for transgender people under age 18 and banned transgender athletes from playing on teams that match their gender identity.

“The bathroom issue, most Republicans have avoided” since 2017, said Chris Cooper, a political scientist at Western Carolina University. “Mark Robinson is clearly not most Republicans, and so I would expect to

Why is a black man carrying water for white bigots who hate him?

With the GOP running out of real issues to campaign on in 2024, they need to ramp up the hate against vulnerable minorities to get their voters angry, scared, and motivated to vote.

If I remember the history of this correctly, the bill ended up being nationally critisized and major companies and organizations started cancelling events and plans to open new branches there...and that had a positive influence on the decision to repeal it.

I've suggested (I'm sure I'm not the only one) that we continue to use that strategy in states like TX and FL to influence positive change.

With the GOP running out of real issues to campaign on in 2024, they need to ramp up the hate against vulnerable minorities to get their voters angry, scared, and motivated to vote.
I expect to see even more "rapists and murderers" rhetoric from Trump in the coming months.

Trans people have been around for a long time, all over the world.

How is this suddenly a problem?
Stupid people lack critical thinking skills to think through a problem. They just act on emotions to attack anyone who is different from their own WASP existence.

So, my question is this: how does this get enforced?

Are there going to be special "gender police" who stand outside of bathrooms and order folks to pull down their pants so they can ID assigned gender? (using the royal "you" not you specifically).

And if so, how do get around what appears to harassment and invasion of privacy? Or, how would the know if a post-op person were to try to get in? What about that? If they don't have a penis....

And how would you protect from gays and lesbians? A lesbian is a woman. She has the right to be in that bathroom. On the off chance she might be a perv...how will you know until too late?

How would you pay for the "gender police"? Taxes? Fees? How?

What would happen if the "gender police" make a mistake? Seriously, google this...it's an eye opener on how folks mess this one up...

Look, most of us know this was a failed policy and this guy needs the votes so he's throwing out the fear factor to get the votes. But the thing is, some of you out there really want this to happen...but for those that do, have you really thought it all out?

So, my question is this: how does this get enforced?

Are there going to be special "gender police" who stand outside of bathrooms and order folks to pull down their pants so they can ID assigned gender?

And if so, how do get around what appears to harassment and invasion of privacy? Or, how would the know if a post-op person were to try to get in? What about that? If they don't have a penis....

And how would you protect from gays and lesbians? A lesbian is a woman. She has the right to be in that bathroom. On the off chance she might be a perv...how will you know until too late?

How would you pay for the "gender police"? Taxes? Fees? How?

What would happen if the "gender police" make a mistake? Seriously, google this...it's an eye opener on how folks mess this one up...

Look, most of us know this was a failed policy and this guy needs the votes so he's throwing out the fear factor to get the votes. But the thing is, some of you out there really want this to happen...but for those that do, have you really thought it all out?
And re those defecating on street corners:

Will pants be pulled down to confirm that the defecators are transitioning?

Or, more likely, will it become policy to look the other way every time someone defecates on street corners?

He really hates his home state!
Almost as much as our home grown idiot Grandpa DeWine. I never thought that there would come a day when I actually missed John Kasich. He was an far right economic dirtbag, but thankfully he did stay out of social issues such as LGBT rights and abortion.

So the stuff that actually matters to ordinary people:

Healthcare
Economic development
Education
Infrastructure
Climate

Is Trump talking about any of these issues?

There are plenty of black people who are bigoted against others, it's not a state exclusive to white people.

I would guess that contributes to the support the GOP gets from some.

Edit: It is by no means the only reason though, or at least I seriously doubt it could be.

Last edited:

Mr. Robinson could then chuck the furries into the nearest pound as is done in Oklahoma.

MAGA.

Mr. Robinson could then chuck the furries into the nearest pound as is done in Oklahoma.

MAGA.
Furries are cool but I appreciate the input, babe. 🤷‍♀️
There are plenty of black people who are bigoted against others, it's not a state exclusive to white people.

I would guess that contributes to the support the GOP gets from some.

Edit: It is by no means the only reason though, or at least I seriously doubt it could be.
Ben Carson and Candace Owens come to mind.

Healthcare
Economic development
Education
Infrastructure
Climate

Trump did nothing about any of those for four years when he was in office, so why would he start now? He did give the poor impoverished billionaires a tax cut that raised taxes on the middle class, and his idiot MAGAs cheered.

Deputy Communications Director Henry Connelly explained to us that the staff calculated that figure using tables 2 and 3 of the TPC report, which give percentages for the taxpayers that would see a tax cut or a tax increase, broken down by income groups, and TPC figures for the number of taxpayers in each group. Pelosi’s staff considered all taxpayers at the 90th percentile and below “middle class.”

“In 2018, that comes out to be around $26 billion a year, and by 2027, it’s around $73 billion,” Connelly said. “If you project those numbers across the 10 years you get almost half a trillion dollars taken in higher taxes on the middle class.”

Connelly told us that not going up to the 90th percentile “can exclude a lot of middle class families, especially when recognizing the burdens of child care costs or high cost areas.”

Last edited:

Healthcare
Economic development
Education
Infrastructure
Climate

MAGA freaks can only operate on hatred.

Here's my suggestion. Let them pass the law, but with a clause that allows anyone who actually belongs (per the bill's wording of what they were born) who is stopped or barred, automatically receives, upon completion of the trial, twice what the normal legal limit is for harassment lawsuits, and 3X if it is a government official, such as a police officer. IOW, there is no lower amount to be awarded. Then we have all the trans men converge on the state and use the women's restroom.

Of all of the states that I'm not currently visiting because of their far right wing bullshit, NC is the one that I miss the most. I'm hoping that the wildfire of idiocy that faux has caused will eventually burn itself out.

I expect the rise of Trans rights did. Its just a new front on the Culture Wars.
It was all triggered by Gavin Grimm wining in the SCOTUS the right to use facilities of her gender identity. It had already been happening for 30-50 years without an issue prior to that.

CISgender females don't want trans guys using the female bathroom because it is very difficult to police who is trans-guy and who is cis guy. Usually somebody ends up pepper sprayed.

Cis guys dont want passing or even questionable trans females in the male bathrooms because they are very uncomfortable.

The chemical castration caused by hormones make trans females using the female bathroom, where everyone uses a locked stall a non-issue anyhow. Its irrelevant after surgery.

Back
Top Bottom