• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nhl 2017-2018

Duchene to Sens in 3 team deal.

Hate the deal. I think the Sens gave up way too much.

On another note the Sens are playing in Sweden right now. The girl who sang the anthems was unbelievable terrible. So bad, the players were laughing. And, oh, she wore a see-through dress the revealed everything.

Sens over paid hoping to get to the finals and win the Cup this year before they have to sign Karlsson. Gonna need a lot more Ottawa fannies in the seats if Melnyk is going to be able to afford Karlsson and Duchene on new long term contracts next year.

Not to mention Stone needs to be signed next year, too. If they let him go, I will be supremely pissed.

Sens managed to win in overtime for a change. They are scoring more goals this year but their defence for the most part stinks.

This is the girl that sang the anthem yesterday. To make things fair I am hoping there will be a guy with transparent pants singing today.

sweden-anthem-singer-logos-1024x576.jpg

Sens managed to win in overtime for a change. They are scoring more goals this year but their defence for the most part stinks.

This is the girl that sang the anthem yesterday. To make things fair I am hoping there will be a guy with transparent pants singing today.

Just saw the uncensored version. Oh my.

I don't know if I was surprised more by the tits or that Sweden had a black person. :lol:

Just saw the uncensored version. Oh my.

I don't know if I was surprised more by the tits or that Sweden had a black person. :lol:

:lamo

In the game today, she decided to wear a bra. She was still off key, though.

Not to mention Stone needs to be signed next year, too. If they let him go, I will be supremely pissed.

Heard there's a city council vote coming up soon for a proposed new arena in downtown Ottawa. Previous owners blew it building out in no where - even in hockey mad Toronto, if people had to drive an hour or so to get to the arena, there'd be less demand - Leaf fans would rather fly to another city to see a game than spend tons of time and tons of money to see a game here. Not sure what city money is needed to make the deal go, but from what Don Cherry was saying last night, Quebec City is willing and eager to welcome Melnyk and the Sens if Ottawa turns them down.

Heard there's a city council vote coming up soon for a proposed new arena in downtown Ottawa. Previous owners blew it building out in no where - even in hockey mad Toronto, if people had to drive an hour or so to get to the arena, there'd be less demand - Leaf fans would rather fly to another city to see a game than spend tons of time and tons of money to see a game here. Not sure what city money is needed to make the deal go, but from what Don Cherry was saying last night, Quebec City is willing and eager to welcome Melnyk and the Sens if Ottawa turns them down.

I think they're ironing out the details. It will happen, the city is building transport and infrastructure that lead to the area, and Melnyk's team won the bid for the land.

I think they're ironing out the details. It will happen, the city is building transport and infrastructure that lead to the area, and Melnyk's team won the bid for the land.

That's good to hear - Toronto and Ottawa have a good rivalry, although it would be nice for Quebec City to get a franchise again - maybe Florida or Carolina will move, although the owners like the new cash to divvy up.

That's good to hear - Toronto and Ottawa have a good rivalry, although it would be nice for Quebec City to get a franchise again - maybe Florida or Carolina will move, although the owners like the new cash to divvy up.

Hopefully they don't.

Hopefully they don't.

Carolina has won the Stanley Cup and Florida made it to the finals so I'd like to see both teams succeed in their markets, but it's up to the people there to financially support them or they might move. The NHL, unfortunately, is still a gate driven league in many markets, particularly southern markets. Some of their biggest crowds are when Toronto or Montreal or some other northern team and their fans blow into town on a winter break. But you know that well with Atlanta's experience, times 2.

Have you not been here long?

CJ is always wrong. It’s almost so reliable you can set a clock to it.

I turn off the Devil / Blackhawks with Chicago up 4-2. Now its 7-5 Devils. What is going on?

I like the Devil's. Tough call though being an Isle fan and the Devil's in 1st.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I grew up being a die-hard Habs fan. It was a tough transition ditching the blue, blanc, rouge -- makes it even harder when the team you ditched them for plays in the same division.

I enjoyed the last period!

But we need to spend that Hossa money.

And the Pens. Keep doing us favors. Isles are the real deal this year with recent road wins over the Blues and Tampa yesterday. 2nd in the league in scoring. They haven't had this much offense since Trottier, Bossy & Gilies manned the 1st line and Goring, Bourne ,Tonelli, the Sutter brothers etc. backed them up.

Leafs play the Coyotes tomorrow night - wonder if any Habs or Sens fans can provide some useful tips for beating that juggernaut from Arizona? Um, actually, never mind.

Six wins in a row, second best point total in the league, team goals against down under 3 a game, still scoring at a league leading pace, arguably the best young player in hockey back from an injury - it's good to be a Leafs' fan these days.

Leafs play the Coyotes tomorrow night - wonder if any Habs or Sens fans can provide some useful tips for beating that juggernaut from Arizona? Um, actually, never mind.

Six wins in a row, second best point total in the league, team goals against down under 3 a game, still scoring at a league leading pace, arguably the best young player in hockey back from an injury - it's good to be a Leafs' fan these days.
See what happens when you get cocky. Ugly 4 - 1 loss at home to the mighty coyotes. [emoji13]

See what happens when you get cocky. Ugly 4 - 1 loss at home to the mighty coyotes. [emoji13]

Not a matter of getting cocky - the Coyotes have taken points in their last 11 games straight in Toronto - them winning was not unexpected. My slag was on the Habs and Sens, not the Coyotes. And the Leafs essentially lost 2-1, not "ugly" at all, Coyotes getting 2 empty net goals in the last 2 minutes after the Leafs tying goal was reversed by the geniuses in NY on a totally bull**** goalie interference call that neither of the on ice referees deemed either existed or was relevant.

Not a matter of getting cocky - the Coyotes have taken points in their last 11 games straight in Toronto - them winning was not unexpected. My slag was on the Habs and Sens, not the Coyotes. And the Leafs essentially lost 2-1, not "ugly" at all, Coyotes getting 2 empty net goals in the last 2 minutes after the Leafs tying goal was reversed by the geniuses in NY on a totally bull**** goalie interference call that neither of the on ice referees deemed either existed or was relevant.
Jeez, was just kidding around. Sounds like sour grapes. Based on Toronto's play of late I would have expected them to win handily. Relax, take deep breaths.

I remember when you where just a bit angry and bitter at the new Leafs management...:2razz:

I remember when you where just a bit angry and bitter at the new Leafs management...:2razz:

Besides Toronto and St Louis--two teams we all sort of saw coming last year--hockey looks to also finally be fun for fans in Columbus, It's early, but the big surprises this year are Vegas, Winnipeg and Jersey. I didn't expect much out of any of those three.

Besides Toronto and St Louis--two teams we all sort of saw coming last year--hockey looks to also finally be fun for fans in Columbus, It's early, but the big surprises this year are Vegas, Winnipeg and Jersey. I didn't expect much out of any of those three.

*Cough**cough*

I know it is just the preseason, but the Devils look like they could be a really fun team to watch. I am a fan of Nico Hischeir already.

Back
Top Bottom