• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nhl 2017-2018

Flyers beat Toronto!!! WOOT.

After playing like crap for previous two games I fully expected them to get beat tonight too.

Some surprises are good ones.

Holy ****, Habs scored a goal!

And two more! Montreal just needs to play the Rangers more often...

I have a feeling that the team will gel and will be one of the better teams in the east.

Flyers beat Toronto!!! WOOT.

After playing like crap for previous two games I fully expected them to get beat tonight too.

Some surprises are good ones.

Flyers were full value for the win - played a much better, up tempo game than the Leafs who've been in a bit of a funk lately for some reason. Young team needs to focus on the game and not the noise. Like I told you earlier, don't give up on your Flyers - lots of good talent and just need some consistency - they look like a playoff team to me.

Flyers were full value for the win - played a much better, up tempo game than the Leafs who've been in a bit of a funk lately for some reason. Young team needs to focus on the game and not the noise. Like I told you earlier, don't give up on your Flyers - lots of good talent and just need some consistency - they look like a playoff team to me.

Right now I think Elliott is the goaltender to go with. Not even sure where Elliot came from. Didn't even know Mason was gone from Flyers until season officially started.
Neuverth looks too inconsistent.

Flyers may squeak into a wildcard seed, but I won't be surprised if they just can't make it in by a small handful of points.

New Jersey is playing really well. Not sure where the Islanders will be. Pittsburgh of course will make it in. Columbus will be in. Washington will be there too.
I don't count the Ranger out either right now even though they're playing like dog crap.

Flyers just don't have the overall consistency to be a sure bet.

Typically the offense just stops scoring for long stretches.
Then the defense becomes swiss cheese.
Then the goalies struggle.

Rinse and repeat.

They just can't hit on all cylinders long enough in February/March/April to make a true impact on Lord Stanley's Cup.

Right now I think Elliott is the goaltender to go with. Not even sure where Elliot came from. Didn't even know Mason was gone from Flyers until season officially started.
Neuverth looks too inconsistent.

Flyers may squeak into a wildcard seed, but I won't be surprised if they just can't make it in by a small handful of points.

New Jersey is playing really well. Not sure where the Islanders will be. Pittsburgh of course will make it in. Columbus will be in. Washington will be there too.
I don't count the Ranger out either right now even though they're playing like dog crap.

Flyers just don't have the overall consistency to be a sure bet.

Typically the offense just stops scoring for long stretches.
Then the defense becomes swiss cheese.
Then the goalies struggle.

Rinse and repeat.

They just can't hit on all cylinders long enough in February/March/April to make a true impact on Lord Stanley's Cup.

I like Columbus to win that division, but the rest are pretty iffy - I don't like the Rangers at all and they'll be a lottery pick in my view. Washington and Pittsburgh are due for a regression - Pitts played too many games the last two years and that catches up. Islanders are as inconsistent, or more so, than the Flyers and New Jersey is an early season mirage. Elliott was really good when he was in St. Louis and Tampa so he could make a big difference - best goalie the Flyers have had in years.

Not saying they're a cup contender at the moment, but should make the playoffs and then anyone can get hot.

I like Columbus to win that division, but the rest are pretty iffy - I don't like the Rangers at all and they'll be a lottery pick in my view. Washington and Pittsburgh are due for a regression - Pitts played too many games the last two years and that catches up. Islanders are as inconsistent, or more so, than the Flyers and New Jersey is an early season mirage. Elliott was really good when he was in St. Louis and Tampa so he could make a big difference - best goalie the Flyers have had in years.

Not saying they're a cup contender at the moment, but should make the playoffs and then anyone can get hot.

Flyers currently LOSING to Coyotes 0-2 going into 3rd period.

Coyotes. Zero wins this year Coyotes.

:doh

Flyers currently LOSING to Coyotes 0-2 going into 3rd period.

Coyotes. Zero wins this year Coyotes.

:doh

First year Washington was in the league, they went 40 some odd games without getting a point and they came into Maple Leaf Gardens and played the Leafs to a tie. Sometimes, you're just destined to be the goat - doesn't make a season though.

Isles have taken 5 of 6. Smoked the Golden Knights this evening. Barzal is the real deal. Looks great on a line with Eberle and Nelson.

First year Washington was in the league, they went 40 some odd games without getting a point and they came into Maple Leaf Gardens and played the Leafs to a tie. Sometimes, you're just destined to be the goat - doesn't make a season though.

No, but it's a very consistent issue with the Flyers. They've been doing it for years.
It's actually the ONE thing they are consistent doing, and that's being truly inconsistent.
They'll be the spoiler against far better teams, but then play absolutely pathetically against teams that are far worse.

Coyotes get their first win against Flyers. Flyers clawed back to get a tie, but then lost in overtime. :3oops:

Tomorrow they play Chicago Blackhawks. :doh

Have you not been here long?

CJ is always wrong. It’s almost so reliable you can set a clock to it.

Don't worry. He's not getting my hopes up about a team I've been following for decades.
I do think he's far more likely to be correct about Toronto though.

No, but it's a very consistent issue with the Flyers. They've been doing it for years.
It's actually the ONE thing they are consistent doing, and that's being truly inconsistent.
They'll be the spoiler against far better teams, but then play absolutely pathetically against teams that are far worse.

Coyotes get their first win against Flyers. Flyers clawed back to get a tie, but then lost in overtime. :3oops:

Tomorrow they play Chicago Blackhawks. :doh

Blackhawks haven't looked too fantastic lately. I am enjoying the Pens getting totally smoked at times this year. By the Jets no less. Watching the Rangers / Knights, I didn't get to see them last night against my Isles. They are pesky. Very hard working, excellent forecheckers.

Blackhawks haven't looked too fantastic lately. I am enjoying the Pens getting totally smoked at times this year. By the Jets no less. Watching the Rangers / Knights, I didn't get to see them last night against my Isles. They are pesky. Very hard working, excellent forecheckers.

If we could only keep a goalie from being hurt, lol.

We = Vegas? If so, you are at least getting a look at the future...and you had to know Fluery would get hurt, he always does.

I admit, Vegas is fun to watch. Dunno how long they can sustain this level of success, but it is a fun ride.

Playing against the Sens today. Craig Anderson's wife will be part of the opening ceremonies as she is has been named the National Hockey League’s Hockey Fights Cancer ambassador.

Let's recap the typical Flyers hockey team over the last decade or so.
I can do it in just a simple review of the last 3 games.

Game 1: Flyers play worst team in NHL, the win-less Coyotes, in Philly, and lose.
Game 2: Flyers play similar record Blackhawks in Chicago, and lose in a shut out.
Game 3: Flyers play one of best in NHL teams, The Blues, in St. Louis, and they win while shutting the Blues out.

:shock:

So today the Flyers play the Avalanche in Philly, and both teams have almost identical win-lost records so far this year.
I have absolutely no clue which Flyers team will show up. None.

Playing against the Sens today. Craig Anderson's wife will be part of the opening ceremonies as she is has been named the National Hockey League’s Hockey Fights Cancer ambassador.

A good story that fans everywhere should be able to get behind.

Unfortunately, her husband didn't have a good outing. He's been a little off this season so far.

Goalies around the league are a little off this season - none having impressive years - could be equipment changes, but I haven't heard a reason suggested. Could be all the rule changes favouring offensive play and limiting defense, all the calls/power plays. Other than Quick in LA, I can't think of a goalie who's having a big year.

Duchene to Sens in 3 team deal.

yea he played a few shifts against the Isles and they pulled him. Off to Sweden to play Colorado 2 games. Must be weird for him.

Barzal is the real deal. 5 assists tonight, 2 to Eberle for scores. Anyone every here of a group rooting for the refs? Looks like a whole section dressed in stripes rooting for the refs in Brooklyn tonight. They cheer whistle's, LOL!.

Sens over paid hoping to get to the finals and win the Cup this year before they have to sign Karlsson. Gonna need a lot more Ottawa fannies in the seats if Melnyk is going to be able to afford Karlsson and Duchene on new long term contracts next year.

Sens over paid hoping to get to the finals and win the Cup this year before they have to sign Karlsson. Gonna need a lot more Ottawa fannies in the seats if Melnyk is going to be able to afford Karlsson and Duchene on new long term contracts next year.

Nashville overplayed too. Colorado got a great haul.

Back
Top Bottom