• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Zealand gun crimes rise to highest in a decade despite strict gun bans

FFS I must ask you once again. Do you actually comprehend what a lie by omission is? Your op article left out information that would have negated his view that there is a rise in violence despite a ban. It was a biased based on the knowledge that pro gun sheeple will buy any lie that supports their ideology. You are nothing more than another sheeple following where lead.

More name calling and accusations.

Yet not one lie laid out.

Pathetic.

FFS I must ask you once again. Do you actually comprehend what a lie by omission is? Your op article left out information that would have negated his view that there is a rise in violence despite a ban. It was a biased based on the knowledge that pro gun sheeple will buy any lie that supports their ideology. You are nothing more than another sheeple following where lead.

He won't give up...often resorting to copy and pasting the same reply over and over...

More name calling and accusations.

Yet not one lie laid out.

Pathetic.

So basically you are admitting that you do not understand what a lie by omission is. Your article in the op set you up for a fail. You are simply a tool to spread misinformation and fake news.

So basically you are admitting that you do not understand what a lie by omission is. Your article in the op set you up for a fail. You are simply a tool to spread misinformation and fake news.

Please continue to misrepresent what I write.

It reinforces what I have already stated about you.

Perhaps I didn't answer because this thread is about New Zealand gun crime increases in spite of a ban.

Fair enough... however I have explained three times so far in this thread that the ban came about in 2019 and the gun crime increases from your link are clearly 2017 and 2018.

Even then - the gun ban was on specific weapons so unless you are saying the gun ban was a) a bit of time-travel magic and b) aimed at all the guns used by criminals then the thread has no point whatsoever?

New Zealand gun crimes rise to highest in a decade despite strict gun bans

Any.further discussion?

Arms (Prohibited Firearms, Magazines, and Parts) Amendment Act 2019 No 12, Public Act – New Zealand Legislation

So once you read the legislation, your thread is dead in the water.

Fair enough... however I have explained three times so far in this thread that the ban came about in 2019 and the gun crime increases from your link are clearly 2017 and 2018.

Even then - the gun ban was on specific weapons so unless you are saying the gun ban was a) a bit of time-travel magic and b) aimed at all the guns used by criminals then the thread has no point whatsoever?

Arms (Prohibited Firearms, Magazines, and Parts) Amendment Act 2019 No 12, Public Act – New Zealand Legislation

So once you read the legislation, your thread is dead in the water.

From Tha article...

The figures, obtained from police under the Official Information Act by news outlet RNZ, show that gun crime has increased in the country in 2018 and 2019

The ban was enacted spring 2019.

So, gun crime still went up. Not down. Not leveled off.

Why was the ban enacted?

Anyone????

Why was the ban implemented?

Think for a moment before you answer.

And why was the Australian ban implemented?

And why was the UK ban implemented?

Why the ban?
The ban in NZ was implemented because of the Aussies idiot and his attacks in Christchurch. Let me simply add this : the figures cover a decade, one year of which happens to coincide with the new gun laws. Because two things occur in the same time period does not make them related.

There's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

The ban in NZ was implemented because of the Aussies idiot and his attacks in Christchurch. Let me simply add this : the figures cover a decade, one year of which happens to coincide with the new gun laws. Because two things occur in the same time period does not make them related.

They are related in that the ban was in reaction to a gun crime. Yet gun crimes continue to rise.

You see the same thing in Australia and UK.

What I have said and will say is that bans are not the answer people think they will be.

Many gun controls are implemented in response to a mass killing:

Britain & Australia are examples

The USA is not averse to implementing laws after a high profile attack like 9/11 - witness the creation of the TSA, the banning of knives on planes and in parts of airports

The Patriot Act.

Good. At least you are trying.

And did ANYONE say the mass shooting had ANYTHING to do with the immigration problem you have?

As to the gun ban...

New Zealand Passes Law Banning Most Semiautomatic Weapons, Weeks After Massacre - The New York Times

Not one mention of gang violence.

Not one.

Plenty of references to your mass shootings.

But no gang crime.

Good so you agree. the rise in violent gun crimes is due to gang problems arising years ago And nothing to do with the gun ban. So your assertion that there is a rise in violence despite the gun ban is pure bull****.

He won't give up...often resorting to copy and pasting the same reply over and over...

Yes but on the other hand i could not get a better example of just how pathetic the pro gun people are.
He just looks foolish not even able to understand how a lie by omission works.

Good so you agree. the rise in violent gun crimes is due to gang problems arising years ago And nothing to do with the gun ban.

Did I say the violence was because of the gun ban?

No.

So your assertion that there is a rise in violence despite the gun ban is pure bull****.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd once again you miss the boat.

Despite.

What does that mean to you?

Why is the ban in place?

Has it worked to stem the violence?

Back
Top Bottom