• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Zealand Bans Assault Weapons

The liberal answer is to create more laws the criminals will ignore.

That is because liberals want to harass honest people rather than punish their allies-violent criminals. They understand that the EXISTENCE of a law deters honest people while only the ENFORCEMENT of the law deters criminals.

It does nothing of the sort. Rather it casts a light on the paradoxical mind of the oppressed gun owner. Poor baby, with such limited options, and in want of a fully auto, how will you ever enjoy your hobby?

You keep proving my point. Can you make a rational argument for banning something that has not been used to harm anyone in decades? Liberals get upset when some conservatives want to ban marijuana or homosexual sex. Your stupid argument is the same as those who want to ban weed or buggery.

So tell me-if the strict regulation of machine guns was working-why did dems engage in subterfuge to ban them? It shows perfectly that crime control is not what motivates the dem gun banners.

Not sure why you’re whining about process.

You just demonstrated strict gun control in the US has a stellar record.

Are gun laws oppressive? Depends where you are. In some states they're more oppressive than in others.

Have you read the drivel he posts? He doesn't care about crime-he just supports laws that harass people who like owning firearms. Its the typical motivation of the anti gun left.

That is because liberals want to harass honest people rather than punish their allies-violent criminals. They understand that the EXISTENCE of a law deters honest people while only the ENFORCEMENT of the law deters criminals.

Why i LOL when a liberal blows smoke up my arse and claims the end game is not an all out ban.

It does nothing of the sort. Rather it casts a light on the paradoxical mind of the oppressed gun owner. Poor baby, with such limited options, and in want of a fully auto, how will you ever enjoy your hobby?

Do you really think all gun owners want full autos?

Not sure why you’re whining about process.

You just demonstrated strict gun control in the US has a stellar record.

That's really stupid and it is irrelevant. Now you might make an argument that if the federal government had been able to do that will every new style of firearm, there would be a lot less

but answer the question-what is the crime control value of banning something that (according to you) strict regulation has successfully eliminated any criminal misuse?

That's really stupid and it is irrelevant. Now you might make an argument that if the federal government had been able to do that will every new style of firearm, there would be a lot less

but answer the question-what is the crime control value of banning something that (according to you) strict regulation has successfully eliminated any criminal misuse?

Wait... the process is relevant but the fact that strict gun control works is NOT relevant?

LOL.

Do you really think all gun owners want full autos?

I can afford them easily. I can get the Tax stamp easily. I don't own them because they are a waste of money and since I was a former federal law enforcement officer-I had ample opportunity to use them and I still do since I know a Class III dealer who has machine guns I can shoot on his range. But what bothers me is that the ban is clearly unconstitutional and was not even properly passed.

Wait... the process is relevant but the fact that strict gun control works is NOT relevant?

LOL.

You seem to have a real problem with answering the real question

What was the reason for the ban?

You keep proving my point. Can you make a rational argument for banning something that has not been used to harm anyone in decades? Liberals get upset when some conservatives want to ban marijuana or homosexual sex. Your stupid argument is the same as those who want to ban weed or buggery.

Argument is this: a ban on fully auto weapons keeps them out of the hands of the those who would use them for evil. Repealing that law would lead to fully autos being used in mass shootings. And since we are currently whining about how oppressive gun laws are, it is amusing to point out how absurd the oppression of the gun owner looks. Since those whining about gun laws are just silly people. It is inconceivable that a gun owner would be unreasonable enough to make small sacrifices to save lives.

It is inconceivable that a gun owner would be unreasonable enough to make small sacrifices to save lives.

We're done making sacrifices, we've compromised enough. With the gun control crowd if you give them an inch they'll take a mile.

As for saving lives, our solution is to have more good people armed, that's how we will stop bad people.

We're done making sacrifices, we've compromised enough. With the gun control crowd if you give them an inch they'll take a mile.

As for saving lives, our solution is to have more good people armed, that's how we will stop bad people.

Well, it's not working, not in the U.S. anyway.

Argument is this: a ban on fully auto weapons keeps them out of the hands of the those who would use them for evil. Repealing that law would lead to fully autos being used in mass shootings. And since we are currently whining about how oppressive gun laws are, it is amusing to point out how absurd the oppression of the gun owner looks. Since those whining about gun laws are just silly people. It is inconceivable that a gun owner would be unreasonable enough to make small sacrifices to save lives.

there are thousands of legally owned autos and there is about zero cases of those being missed.

You labor under the delusion that "sacrifices" that you want to impose on gun owners will save lives.

You also spew idiocy-your view is that anything that can be used to harm others, should be banned to prevent criminals from using it. Nice Fascist attitude in that sentiment.

You seem to have a real problem with answering the real question

What was the reason for the ban?

I have no interest in the question. Not sure why you think I do.

But you apparently have no interest in the outcome, which sure seems like an Achilles Heel in your posturing.

Given all the whining about gun laws; you'd think they do.

Some gun owners might but as for me, I don't really care so much about full automatics although they are fun to shoot. Im much more for loosening up handgun regulations.

You are lying--it is working, those compromises harass lawful gun owners-and of course that is the real intent of them.

Why sure. They let the MSM pick apart his MANIFESTO accusing 1% of the people as rich and the rest peons to be exploited.. He was a right winger so therefore he was a Trump lover and pro gun and all NRA. Not MSM listen to it.It's only a few minutes.
Stinchfield | 03/19/2019 | NRATV Look at it like this, no one will know if you watch it.

Sure it is, its shown that when a shooter targets a place where people are armed they don't last long, and there are usually no casualties other than the shooter.

Some gun owners might but as for me, I don't really care so much about full automatics although they are fun to shoot. Im much more for loosening up handgun regulations.

I am for the courts starting to enforce the second amendment as it should be and treating politicians who try to restrict the rights of honest gun owners as the enemies of the constitution that they clearly are.

Sure it is, its shown that when a shooter targets a place where people are armed they don't last long, and there are usually no casualties other than the shooter.

Many liberals actually hate that fact for several reasons.

1) The leftwing mindset often holds that criminals are victims of an "unjust society" and their predations are the result of thumbing forced into that lifestyle by economic injustice. Thus when a homeowner or shopkeeper shoots a robber, that robber is being "punished" for behavior society forced upon him. Thus, many lefties oppose citizens being able to use firearms against violent criminals

2) People who have the ability to defend themselves against criminals-and believe they have that ability, are far less willing to cede rights to the government in the faint hope that doing so, will lead to additional governmentally provided safety. As several commentators have noted over the years-anything that allows a person to be LESS dependent on the government is anathema to the collectivist left

3) when people successfully repel or kill a violent criminal, it shows the value of honest people being armed. That is upsetting to many left-wingers.

Knee jerk idiocy is hilarious. Jet cannot legally own some guns that his Democrat masters call assault weapons, and he doesn't want anyone else to be able to own them either. Fortunately, Democrat scum cannot nationally ban common semi auto firearms in this country. It would violate the constitution, and most likely cause a civil war if the scum actually tried to confiscate such weapons. Do we even know what firearms the killer(s) in NZ used? Only freedom haters support punish hundreds or thousands of people because one scum bag uses an item illegally.
On the type is a good question. I think she said 2 seemmi automatic rifles and 2 shotguns and a leeever action rifle. Wonder if they or she is going to ban shotguns and leeever actions?

Back
Top Bottom