• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mike Pence Versus Joe Biden

If Trump Resigned, who would you vote for in November?

• Mike Pence (Republican)

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Joe Biden (Democrat)

Votes: 53 62.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I would not vote

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lets face it. This entire thread is based on Trump resigning. That sounds wonderful to me. If conservative Trumpists weren't starting to realize what a buffoon Trump is, this thread would have never been started.

You're trying your damn best to defend him, but at the same time talking about him resigning. Getting a little worried are you?

for four years, I have been asking the TDS sufferers what exact harm have you suffered from Trump? are you a gun banner who is mad that Trump hasn't done anything other than the silliness over bump stocks? are you are gay rights activist who thinks Trump will appoint judges hostile to gays? are you an abortion center operator who figures Trump will cost you your business?

I never get those sort of answers. Rather I get crap like "some Europeans laugh at Trump" or "I am embarrassed about his tweetings"

when I was asked about Obama, I had specific grievances

tax increases

appointing anti gun judges like Sotomayor (who promptly voted against gun rights in McDonald)

the ACA which again raised my taxes

why does the TDS crowd have such a hard time telling us what objective harm they have suffered?

why would anyone support a guy who supported a disgraced President (Trump) and didn't stand up and do the right thing?

doing the right thing-for many of us-is opposing everything or most everything that you leftwing Trump haters stand for.

doing the right thing-for many of us-is opposing everything or most everything that you leftwing Trump haters stand for.

^ that, my friends, is why Rush and Sean are so critical to the Republican Party. they've convinced the rubes that Democrats are Satan (or worse).

it's one of the best "media" con jobs running.

^ that, my friends, is why Rush and Sean are so critical to the Republican Party. they've convinced the rubes that Democrats are Satan (or worse).

one of my favorite fictions-you Trump haters pretend you come about your TDS through intellectually rigorous examination of the facts, yet you pretend all of us who reject the DNC and the Biggest Idiot Dems Ever Nominated , must be guided by Rush or Hannity. Nothing you have ever posted suggests anytime other than Pavlovian TDS speak

Well the nation was on an amazing growth trajectory BEFORE tRump took office. The growth after he took office didn't live up to his hype. But really nothing has lived up to his hype. There are quite a few people who didn't vote FOR him in 2016 but AGAINST Hillary. They weren't and are not tRump supporters- his approval ratings show that.

I also think many who will vote for him again will do so because they want to stop moving toward true equality for minorities- race and gender identification. They fear a loss of influence political decisions- religious and racial. They fear a loss of traditional jobs they feel entitled to- from coal miners to steel workers.

There is also a tiny minority who will vote for any Republican no matter how flawed because Republicans cut taxes when times are bad and cut taxes when times are good. Their calculation is as simple as it is cynical. I got mine- to hell with the rest of you.

But his base is a minority. Many who voted against Hillary in 2016 will vote against tRump in 2020... :peace

rah rah for the creeping crud of collectivism.

seriously-Biden was the best you all could come up with?

for four years, I have been asking the TDS sufferers what exact harm have you suffered from Trump? are you a gun banner who is mad that Trump hasn't done anything other than the silliness over bump stocks? are you are gay rights activist who thinks Trump will appoint judges hostile to gays? are you an abortion center operator who figures Trump will cost you your business?

I never get those sort of answers. Rather I get crap like "some Europeans laugh at Trump" or "I am embarrassed about his tweetings"

when I was asked about Obama, I had specific grievances

tax increases

appointing anti gun judges like Sotomayor (who promptly voted against gun rights in McDonald)

the ACA which again raised my taxes

why does the TDS crowd have such a hard time telling us what objective harm they have suffered?
You've been given an answer to this stupid question by many, repeatedly.

"they've convinced the rubes in the Democrat party who are Satan (or worse)..."
There, I fixed it for you.

rah rah for the creeping crud of collectivism. seriously-Biden was the best you all could come up with?

LOL, Biden is good enough to beat tRump and that is what rankles some who don't want change and are as self-centered as tRump... :roll:

"...if they weren't predisposed to like him personally in the first place?" I know of NO ONE predisposed to like him personally (except maybe his mother). The reason we have him, and the reason we will keep him, is because of the likes of Hilarity, Obama, Biden and their liberal ilk. We don't need ANY more of them.

So it sounds like you have no sound reason to vote for Trump except that you fear any alternative that you label "liberal". Does competence matter to you?

I wouldn't vote for either of them.

rah rah for the creeping crud of collectivism.

seriously-Biden was the best you all could come up with?

And how does Biden represent collectivism any more than Trump? Trump made sure to put his name on the COVID-19 relief checks. Sounds like collectivism in action to me, endorsed by Trump.

If the choice is Pence or Biden....definitely Pence as Biden is so eaten up with dementia he is not competent to run a two hole outhouse much less a country.

ladies and gentlemen, we have our resident armchair medical doctor just for DP. Line up now for his services.

if you don't like the wages, don't take the job. If enough people agree with you, the employer will have to pay more. If others take the job, then you are SOL

And of course it helps when we all have landlords to feed.

This idea that its a free and voluntary relationship is and has always been bull**** in a world of landlords.

The vast majority of the problems people and businesses are facing is the ****ing landlords.

Real estate is a wholly unnatural market.

Because no one is allowed to not participate. Shelter must be paid for or you are breaking the law.

San Diego has some of the highest housing costs in the country.

Yet most of the time when driving around here you can turn your head and see vast stretches of land that are siting vacant.

The only "scarcity" arises from buying up land and denying others access to it to extract rents.

Couple that with the "peasants as pensions" model everybody's financial advisers are advising and you have a perfect storm.

Every house purchased to turn it into a rental takes a home off the market permanently. Which drives up the price of the remaining units and which justifies raising all the tents in the area.

When I was a kid, renting was what you did because you couldn't afford a mortgage payment. Now rent IS the mortgage payment.

Or what it would be if it wasn't owned outright.

At the end of the day, no human being expended a third of their gross effort on shelter alone until it became possible to force them to do so.

And as it sits, many pay half of their gross and up to 70% in some places on shelter costs including utilities. The last tike I looked for a place in San Diego, this was a common note in the ad. That the rent must not exceed 50% of gross income.

I wonder how this is going to shake out. Landlords are evicting vigorously right now. I wonder who they think is going to replace those folks they're kicking out with unemployment as high as it is? And how much of a housing crisis we're going to see when all those PaP folks have no tenants able to pay the mortgages on their retirement income homes?

Biden was stupid to begin with. One of my law professor's first teaching position-after his USSC clerkship, was at Syracuse and he had Biden in a class. He noted the guy was 69th in a class of 66. In reality Biden only avoided being last because a class he was given an F in -he was allowed to retake and he managed to get a B and that lifted him out of the cellar. He flunked the DELAWARE bar the first time he took it.

ever listen to his advice on home defense?

And of course trump demonstrates that he really earned his degree.

Not.

By not making sense. Are you saying that just the rubes are satan? How do you know the difference?

And of course trump demonstrates that he really earned his degree.

Not.

We don't know for sure if he has a degree. He's hidden all his academic records. For all we know, he was expelled for bringing hookers into the dorm.

So it sounds like you have no sound reason to vote for Trump except that you fear any alternative that you label "liberal". Does competence matter to you?

Yes, Alfred, hence I'll vote R.

You didn't say Democrats, you said "rubes". I do notice the words people use. Say what you mean.

I didn't say rubes, I said democrats. It matched perfectly with what was said. Sorry you missed the nuance.

I didn't say rubes, I said democrats. It matched perfectly with what was said. Sorry you missed the nuance.

post #92

The short term memory is the first to go.

post #92

The short term memory is the first to go.

I was quoting another poster. It was in quotes. Try to keep up, or stop responding. I remember well, but your understanding is suspect.

I was quoting another poster. It was in quotes. Try to keep up, or stop responding. I remember well, but your understanding is suspect.

You altered the quote to suit you, making it your statement. I merely asked what it meant. Why so defensive?

Back
Top Bottom