• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell should not take the oath

Aint it a hoot that trumphumpers think getting caught in the act of a crime is not a crime. Aren't they supposed to be all "lawnorder" and ****?

In the words of Lewis Brandeis in his dissent in the case of “Olmstead v. United States”, 277 U.S. 438 (1928):
Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.

I'm simply asking for your best, or your worst, of what you consider facts so we can discuss it in detail.
If you can't think of any you're comfortable defending that's okay.

You attacked my post with a blanket dismissal, not backed up by anything.

That’s where we are. You have no rebuttal and no facts.

And you’re trying to hide behind playing a game.

it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.

There's a segment of this country that actually has this as a political doctrine: The "sovereign citizen" claque. Every man (and it really does just consider men) is a nation unto himself and subject to no other authority. It's as ludicrous as it is perniciously evil.

There's a segment of this country that actually has this as a political doctrine: The "sovereign citizen" claque. Every man (and it really does just consider men) is a nation unto himself and subject to no other authority. It's as ludicrous as it is perniciously evil.

If every man is a nation unto himself and subject to no other authority, how do these men establish their authority as being legitimate?

If every man is a nation unto himself and subject to no other authority, how do these men establish their authority as being legitimate?

Well, it would be no surprise to anyone that the "philosophical underpinnings" (cue: guffaws) of this notion are bizarre in the extreme. Near as I can tell, whenever there was a dispute the resolution for settling territorial differences would be resolved either by the two sovereign entities simply coming to a amicable agreement simply by application of mutually agreeable rational argument or gunplay.

Well, it would be no surprise to anyone that the "philosophical underpinnings" (cue: guffaws) of this notion are bizarre in the extreme. Near as I can tell, whenever there was a dispute the resolution for settling territorial differences would be resolved either by the two sovereign entities simply coming to a amicable agreement simply by application of mutually agreeable rational argument or gunplay.

So “might makes right?” Is the basis of their legitimacy?

Right. He got caught in the act of "soliciting" it (which is part of the USC's description) before the "thing of value" was delivered. Getting caught in the act of a crime, even if the crime was unsuccessful, is still a crime. Attempted bank robbery is a crime even if it fails.

Sharing information isn't a "thing of value". If it was news reports would have to regulated as political contributions.

There was no "thing of value" requested.

That's just the saddest commentary on contemporary conservatism I've ever seen. Conservatives were once considered the custodians of rationality and reality. Now it's reduced to being the ridiculous echochamber of cant, falsehood and myth. It's full blown rejection of truth staring them right in the face.

So “might makes right?” Is the basis of their legitimacy?

More or less, with the extra sauce of the expectation that human nature can be be controlled in a society with no rules, no agreed-upon norms and no neutral arbiters.

That's just the saddest commentary on contemporary conservatism I've ever seen. Conservatives were once considered the custodians of rationality and reality. Now it's reduced to being the ridiculous echochamber of cant, falsehood and myth. It's full blown rejection of truth staring them right in the face.

Sharing information is protected by the 1st Amendment

Sharing information isn't a "thing of value". If it was news reports would have to regulated as political contributions.

But getting an widely broadcast announcement of an investigation into a likely opposition political candidate from the leader of a foreign ally absolutely is whether your ideological blinders let you think so or not.

But getting an widely broadcast announcement of an investigation into a likely opposition political candidate from the leader of a foreign ally absolutely is whether your ideological blinders let you think so or not.

No it isn't.

But can anyone truly stand independent from the rest of society? Society is the collective interest of all individuals

Yes, but you'll never get a "sovereign citizen" to admit such a fundamental truth like that. They have re-invented in their heads an entire novel history of human history.

Fox is nothing but turds.
Wait.
Did I misunderstand what you meant?

There is in fact a red fox attempting to establish a residency at the barn in one of the hay storage stalls. Given that only ten of the thirty stalls there are in use, I'd greatly appreciate it if the fox would select an unused one.

You attacked my post with a blanket dismissal, not backed up by anything.

That’s where we are. You have no rebuttal and no facts.

And you’re trying to hide behind playing a game.

Try me.
This is not a trick.
Pick one of what you call a fact and we can discuss it.

The reason why I'm doing this is because there are members who load up a comment with dozens of things and if you don't reply to each one you get attacked for being scared to respond to each one.
It's much simpler to avoid that upfront.

No it isn't.

That kind of response only works in your echochamber but you're not in the echochamber here. In this, the real world, you're just absurdly ranting against something that anyone with a speck of sense and honesty can see.

There is in fact a red fox attempting to establish a residency at the barn in one of the hay storage stalls. Given that only ten of the thirty stalls there are in use, I'd greatly appreciate it if the fox would select an unused one.

Got a henhouse?

Yes, but you'll never get a "sovereign citizen" to admit such a fundamental truth like that. They have re-invented in their heads an entire novel history of human history.

And what makes their reimagining of history legitimate? Especially if it conflicts with the consensus of society.

How did the House get impeachment started?

Your Dear Dirtbag committed a crime under 52USC30121 as you and his other worshippers have been told many times.

And what makes their reimagining of history legitimate? Especially if it conflicts with the consensus of society.

Nothing. There is no legal, rational or historical basis for their nonsense. It's a pure invention.

Got a henhouse?

Heh. Used to. Foxes ate my ducks, too. I've noted that Bret Baier seems a little chunkier these days. But anyway, I'll be providing any future ducks with lethal defensive aid.

What about the will of the 66 million who voted for HRC? How will you spin that?

And another 7.8 million who didn't vote for either Trump or Clinton so this idea that Dirtbag was the people's choice is 100% pure, unadulterated bull****--IOW, standard Republican SOP.

Back
Top Bottom