• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCain Says Trump's Actions Have Unsettled Allies and Americans

Could you publish your credentials that show that you are now the spokesperson for the "conservative mainstream"? You pulled a No-True-Scottsman fallacy by calling McCain a Democrat because he doesn't support a person virtually no Republican supported until he won and it became convenient. Do not for one ****ing second pretend Trump is normal Republican/conservative business now.
Trump is certainly no True Scotsman. He is not even a True Trumpsman.

In 2008 he was telling us that Hillary Clinton would make a great President.

Like most of rational Americans, he saw Hillary's two campaigns and realize she was trash.

We put in Trump in the chair precisely because he is a disrupter. McCain should have more respect for the will of the people as exercised through elections. It is not shocking that he does not, because he has long (maybe always) sucked.

McCain's expiration date has passed....As a senior Senator, and supposed statesman, McCain should understand that going abroad and undermining this countries leadership is NOT his role, and is seen by many in America as treasonous....We all get it, he is allied with the bitter 'anti-Trump' gang, but this, and he are getting out of hand....If he finds himself more aligned with democrats these days, maybe he should show himself the door, and join them, so he won't have to worry so much about pleasing them to be invited to their parties....

Do you actually believe that Trump has a clue about what he is doing? I'm no McCain fan, but McCain is absolutely right. Trump is a buffoon and is in way over his head. He is destroying relationships with our allies that have served us well for decades. The amount of damage that Trump will do in the next 3 years will take decades to repair.

We put in Trump in the chair precisely because he is a disrupter. McCain should have more respect for the will of the people as exercised through elections. It is not shocking that he does not, because he has long (maybe always) sucked.

The will of the people? More people voted against Trump than voted for him....and I suspect that he doesn't have much support among those who didn't vote.

The will of the people? More people voted against Trump than voted for him....and I suspect that he doesn't have much support among those who didn't vote.

The lack of respect for standards and rules in American has long been disturbing,

The lack of respect for standards and rules in American has long been disturbing,

LOL......lets not pretend that Trump has or even had any kind of a mandate. Sorry....that's a fact that I know is hard for some to stomach.

LOL......lets not pretend that Trump has or even had any kind of a mandate. Sorry....that's a fact that I know is hard for some to stomach.

He most certainly did...it was "Raise HELL!".

Or maybe, like many liberals, he is just a bitter hack, that has long been a RHINO that has more in common with what's wrong with our country, than what is right with it....

"RINO", not, "RHINO".

There's no "h". I'm just sayin....

Then he is a small man....I'd have thought he'd have more class than that, but I guess not....Either way, since he has more in common with liberal democrats, maybe he should can the facade and be honest and join them.

It's ironic accusing McCain, a war hero of a lack of class considering the catastrophe you're supporting in the white house.

He most certainly did...it was "Raise HELL!".

Not even close. You gain a mandate when you win by a large percentage of the people. Trump didn't even have a plurality. That's his biggest problem. He wants to pretend that he has a mandate, but he doesn't have the support of the American people. Without the support of the American people he can pretend all that he wants...it doesn't mean that he has the force of a mandate behind him. Sorry charlie.

Or maybe, like many liberals, he is just a bitter hack, that has long been a RHINO that has more in common with what's wrong with our country, than what is right with it....

So all.libers are just "bitter hacks" to you. Interesting perspective.

It's ironic accusing McCain, a war hero of a lack of class considering the catastrophe you're supporting in the white house.

Whenever McCain shows how much of a bumbling idiot he is, his apologists are quick to point out "but he's a veteran". It shows that there really is no excusing that disgusting, shameless, sellout.

Then he is a small man....I'd have thought he'd have more class than that, but I guess not....Either way, since he has more in common with liberal democrats, maybe he should can the facade and be honest and join them.

Class?

From a POTUS who freely admits he grabs '******s'? To a man who whines about poor him during a Coast Guard commencement address?

Trump?s Coast Guard commencement speech: ?No politician in history? has been treated so ?unfairly? - Salon.com

He is a pig and a baby...with no honor that I can see.

Trump does not have a clue what class even means.

I am no McCain fan, but once in a while he gets it right...like on this.

Just look around the world at how countries are treating America and the joke the POTUS has become.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...cratching-their-heads/?utm_term=.5ecf8039a9c6

If you cannot see that Trump has sent a HUGE number of mixed/confusing signals since he took office, than either your mind is closed on this and/or you are not watching.

Are you saying Donald Trump is a man of honor and class?

Yes or no, please?

Last edited:
Whenever McCain shows how much of a bumbling idiot he is, his apologists are quick to point out "but he's a veteran". It shows that there really is no excusing that disgusting, shameless, sellout.

He's a war hero that declined getting released from the Hanoi Hilton so that one of his war buddies could. I don't always agree with his politics, but I can't deny that he is a hero.

He's a war hero that declined getting released from the Hanoi Hilton so that one of his war buddies could. I don't always agree with his politics, but I can't deny that he is a hero.

His dishonorable actions have far outweighed refusing early release. Mother Theresa could only be given so much leeway if she were found to be smothering babies but the fact that McCain uses his status as a veteran to gain favor is disgusting. We will have to agree to disagree because my opinion of McCain is NEVER going to change.

He is the POTUS, so, there is that!

Absolutely.....but as history has shown us, not every President has a mandate and has the power to push an agenda as if he did. Trump is finding this out. He has tried to lead as if he had a mandate and it has backfired on him big time. Being a smart President require finese (something that Trump sadly lacks). If you don't have a mandate, you have to be able to work the players and manipulate behind the scenes in order to get things accomplished. A good example of this is someone like Bill Clinton or GWB, neither who came into office with a mandate but were able to pretty much accomplish their agendas. It required more give and take than say someone like Obama or Reagan, who came into office with a big mandate and as a result were able to govern in the way that Trump wants to, but is unable to.

Absolutely.....but as history has shown us, not every President has a mandate and has the power to push an agenda as if he did. Trump is finding this out. He has tried to lead as if he had a mandate and it has backfired on him big time. Being a smart President require finese (something that Trump sadly lacks). If you don't have a mandate, you have to be able to work the players and manipulate behind the scenes in order to get things accomplished. A good example of this is someone like Bill Clinton or GWB, neither who came into office with a mandate but were able to pretty much accomplish their agendas. It required more give and take than say someone like Obama or Reagan, who came into office with a big mandate and as a result were able to govern in the way that Trump wants to, but is unable to.
Obama basically EO'ed everything and rammed his signature legislation down our throats. You will need to wait another 3 years and something to make your statement with accuracy.

I agree, John McCain is not supporting the GOP in any real positive way, and has not been very supportive of President Trump. I think it is time for McCain to show himself out of American politics!

Could you publish your credentials that show that you are now the spokesperson for the "conservative mainstream"? You pulled a No-True-Scottsman fallacy by calling McCain a Democrat because he doesn't support a person virtually no Republican supported until he won and it became convenient. Do not for one ****ing second pretend Trump is normal Republican/conservative business now.

Democrats love McCain. Until he runs for higher office that is....Remember in the late 90s, oh he was the 'Maverick'....Until he ran for President, then they turned on him as well....McCain has made a reputation of acting like a liberal democrat through much of his career, and he is proving with this, that he is also petty, and can't let slights, or insults go for the good of the country....He is a putz.

Do you actually believe that Trump has a clue about what he is doing? I'm no McCain fan, but McCain is absolutely right. Trump is a buffoon and is in way over his head. He is destroying relationships with our allies that have served us well for decades. The amount of damage that Trump will do in the next 3 years will take decades to repair.

Trump was elected to do exactly what he is doing....American's are done with Apologist America. That approach was rejected.

Not even close. You gain a mandate when you win by a large percentage of the people. Trump didn't even have a plurality. That's his biggest problem. He wants to pretend that he has a mandate, but he doesn't have the support of the American people. Without the support of the American people he can pretend all that he wants...it doesn't mean that he has the force of a mandate behind him. Sorry charlie.

Taking a page right out of Bill Clinton's playbook.....lol

Back
Top Bottom