• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCabe Fires Back

Those are two different issues. This thread is about the firing. You guys keep diverting to other issues rather than addressing McCabes misconduct while at the FBI. I suspect that is because you guys see him as one of yours out to destroy Trump, so you defend him.

And is that Pink Floyd pictured on your page?

But I don’t see them as separate issues. Trump has been out for McCabe for a while. His tweets alone show that. And now his lawyer is trying to use McCabe’s alleged misconduct as a reason to end the investigation, just like Trump did with Comey. Come on, man; it’s as plain as the nose on your face.

And yes, that’s Floyd. One of my favorite bands.

It's absolutely criminal what Trump has done to the DOJ and FBI.

We've seen a Saturday Night Massacre over the course of eleven months, starting with the firing of Sally Yates, then James Comey, the pressuring of Sessions to open frivolous cases into the Clinton's, the OIG being used to undermine ongoing investigations by the Congress and Special Counsel Office, Nixon style loyalty requests, and now this vindictive firing of McCabe to keep him from his pension.

I can only imagine the howling at the moon and rallies by conservatives if Obama did all of this.

Your dreams of re-kindling a media impeachment circus are way over-rated. We no longer have a 3-ring media circus complete with TV clowns.

Considering that the investigation was politically motivated...a lot of people care and so should you.

Strawman alert: Where did I say that "the IG and his team are corrupt to the core?"

If the IG and his team are conducting a fair investigation, what difference does it make if the initiation of the investigation was political

Those are two different issues. This thread is about the firing. You guys keep diverting to other issues rather than addressing McCabes misconduct while at the FBI. I suspect that is because you guys see him as one of yours out to destroy Trump, so you defend him.

And is that Pink Floyd pictured on your page?
When Sally Yates became aware of Flynn's legal issues surrounding him being a foreign agent, she was fired and defamed by Trump. When James Comey was heading the FBI's investigation into Trump's campaign, he was fired and intimated by Trump( look at what's been revealed since then, like the Trump Tower meeting). When Preet Bharara was going to prosecute a Russian real estate firm (which Natalia Veselnitskaya represented) he was dismissed from his post in NY. And lets not forget Trumps failed attempt to remove Mueller last year either.

McCabe has notes related to Trumps requests to the FBI to stop investigating his former campaign, and they know it could be damaging, so they doing to him what they did to Comey, and going with a cover story so doesn't look like more obstruction/abuse of power.

It fits perfectly with this WH's long clear pattern of abusing their powers to keep the truth in the dark.

That was what McCabe leaked and lied about - you need to pay attention.
McCabe can authorize that certain investigations be confirmed to the media, has that authority as deputy FBI director.

Are we really supposed to believe that because McCabe authorized representatives at the FBI to confirm to the WSJ that Hilary Clinton was being investigated days before the election, Trump saw that as unethical?

That's even more blatant than the "we fired Comey because he was investigating Clinton" canard. I know you're smarter than this, so just stop pretending you don't see this as a political and tactful move by the WH to defame McCabe's testimony.

If the IG and his team are conducting a fair investigation, what difference does it make if the initiation of the investigation was political

It remains to be seen if the investigation was fair or not....

"...[W]e are unaware of prior cases in which authorities rushed through the merits against a long-serving official in a naked and transparent effort to beat the clock of his retirement. . Michael Bromwich, a former Justice Department inspector general who is representing McCabe, described the process as follows:

The investigation described in the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) report was cleaved off from the larger investigation of which it was a part, its completion expedited, and the disciplinary process completed in a little over a week. Mr. McCabe and his counsel were given limited access to a draft of the OIG report late last month, did not see the final report and the evidence on which it is based until a week ago, and were receiving relevant exculpatory evidence as recently as two days ago. We were given only four days to review a voluminous amount of relevant evidence, prepare a response, and make presentations to the Office of the Deputy Attorney General. With so much at stake, this process has fallen far short of what Mr. McCabe deserved.​

Even allowing for a certain degree of lawyerly hyperbole in this account, the process described here seems highly irregular. McCabe, in his statement Friday, suggested one possible reason for the acceleration:

The release of this report was accelerated only after my testimony to the House Intelligence Committee revealed that I would corroborate former Director Comey's accounts of his discussions with the President. The OIG's focus on me and this report became a part of an unprecedented effort by the Administration, driven by the President himself, to remove me from my position, destroy my reputation, and possibly strip me of a pension that I worked 21 years to earn. The accelerated release of the report, and the punitive actions taken in response, make sense only when viewed through this lens.​

In an interview with the New York Times, McCabe said directly that his dismissal “is part of an effort to discredit me as a witness.”

In other words, even if McCabe’s firing proves to be justified on the merits, the question is what could have possibly justified breaking it off from the larger probe and rushing it to completion and adjudication in time to beat the deadline of McCabe’s retirement—particularly in context of presidential demands for his removal and Trump’s broader assault on independent and apolitical law enforcement.

Trump’s reaction to the firing only accentuates this point. He tweeted Friday night:

"Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy. Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!"​

In the end, such conduct necessarily taints the merits of the action against McCabe. Even if the Justice Department’s process proves pure as the driven snow and the case against McCabe proves compelling, who is going to believe—in the face of overt presidential demands for a corrupt Justice Department—that a Justice Department that gives the president what he wants is anything less than the lackey he asks for? ..."

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-we-know-and-dont-know-about-firing-andrew-mccabe

McCabe can authorize that certain investigations be confirmed to the media, has that authority as deputy FBI director.

Are we really supposed to believe that because McCabe authorized representatives at the FBI to confirm to the WSJ that Hilary Clinton was being investigated days before the election, Trump saw that as unethical?

That's even more blatant than the "we fired Comey because he was investigating Clinton" canard. I know you're smarter than this, so just stop pretending you don't see this as a political and tactful move by the WH to defame McCabe's testimony.

Again, you are not paying attention to the news. You are talking about Comey's statements about Hillary's emails right before the election. McCabe's leaks were about the Clinton Foundation pay for play investigation in June/July 2016 timeframe.

Again, you are not paying attention to the news. You are talking about Comey's statements about Hillary's emails right before the election. McCabe's leaks were about the Clinton Foundation pay for play investigation in June/July 2016 timeframe.
No, they were both done just days before the election.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/laptop...to-hillary-clintons-private-server-1477854957

I agree that McCabe shouldn't have given the green light to tell the media about about the Clinton investigation, and the IG probably thought it was wrong too. That said, its still a judgement call on McCabes part, which I'm sure both the investigative team and Comey were briefed on.

But do you believe Trump/Sessions had a problem with any of that? Please, they were giddy about the developments, and they know it probably helped them win, so lets just stop pretending that's why McCabe was fired.

Come, ttwtt78640, you are more reasonable than this.

But I don’t see them as separate issues. Trump has been out for McCabe for a while. His tweets alone show that. And now his lawyer is trying to use McCabe’s alleged misconduct as a reason to end the investigation, just like Trump did with Comey. Come on, man; it’s as plain as the nose on your face.

And yes, that’s Floyd. One of my favorite bands.

Again, that may be true, but it has zero to do with whether or not McCabe engaged in misconduct while at the FBI

This is getting good

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/16/politics/andrew-mccabe-fired/index.html

In a blistering statement Friday night, McCabe said his firing is part of a larger effort to discredit the FBI and the special counsel's investigation.

"This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally," McCabe said. "It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work."

Yawn.......

When Sally Yates became aware of Flynn's legal issues surrounding him being a foreign agent, she was fired and defamed by Trump. When James Comey was heading the FBI's investigation into Trump's campaign, he was fired and intimated by Trump( look at what's been revealed since then, like the Trump Tower meeting). When Preet Bharara was going to prosecute a Russian real estate firm (which Natalia Veselnitskaya represented) he was dismissed from his post in NY. And lets not forget Trumps failed attempt to remove Mueller last year either.

McCabe has notes related to Trumps requests to the FBI to stop investigating his former campaign, and they know it could be damaging, so they doing to him what they did to Comey, and going with a cover story so doesn't look like more obstruction/abuse of power.

It fits perfectly with this WH's long clear pattern of abusing their powers to keep the truth in the dark.

You have absolutely no idea what McCabes notes say. Why do you make **** like that up? Yates was fired for not backing up Trumps travel ban. Preet Bhrara was canned along with every other prosecutor as is done in every adminstration. The reason these conspiracies make sense to you is because you dont know the facts and dont care to learn them.

You have absolutely no idea what McCabes notes say. Why do you make **** like that up? Yates was fired for not backing up Trumps travel ban. Preet Bhrara was canned along with every other prosecutor as is done in every adminstration. The reason these conspiracies make sense to you is because you dont know the facts and dont care to learn them.

Maybe you can take a moment and explain the "facts"?

You seem to just buy everything this WH sells you, despite their long clear history of lying to the public when these matters come to light.

I just did.
No, you didn't.

You act like these firings had nothing to do with what these officials uncovered concerning players in the WH, when this pattern has shown itself over and over again.

Both sides were demanding an IG investigation....but only Trump was demanding that Sessions fire McCabe...

"....Trump has kept nonstop pressure on McCabe ever since he became acting director in May, using the longtime law enforcement official as a punching bag -- both publicly and privately -- to vent his frustrations about the FBI. In December, Trump tweeted "FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!"

And in July 2017, Trump flatly asked why Attorney General Jeff Sessions had not fired McCabe yet....

His issue with McCabe stems from his wife's failed run for the Virginia state Senate in 2015. The Wall Street Journal reported that Dr. Jill McCabe received six contributions totaling $467,500 from then-Democratic Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's political action committee....

These donations all occurred before McCabe took over as deputy director of the FBI and before he would have had any oversight into the Clinton email investigation....

The story, which came out during the 2016 campaign, colored Trump's view of McCabe and led him, according to The Washington Post, to ask McCabe who he voted for in the 2016 election.

Sessions communicated to FBI Director Christopher Wray, who was hand-picked by Trump and sworn in in August, that he needed a fresh start with his senior team at the FBI, a source familiar with the conversation has told CNN. Sessions specifically suggested McCabe and the bureau's top lawyer, James Baker, should go. Baker was reassigned late last year.

With his departure, McCabe joins a list of other top bureau officials who have stepped down in recent days as Wray assembles his own team. The departures of the FBI chief of staff and general counsel were also revealed this month...."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/29/politics/andrew-mccabe-fbi/index.html

Yeah ... and that means ... what?
That the IC and the OPR were only following orders and McCabe didn't do anything wrong?

Yeah ... and that means ... what?
That the IC and the OPR were only following orders and McCabe didn't do anything wrong?

It simply means you don't know what you're talking about.

Then explain it to me.
For what reason was McCabe fired?

To discredit him as a witness in the Mueller investigation into Trumps obstruction of the Russian collusion investigation.

To discredit him as a witness in the Mueller investigation into Trumps obstruction of the Russian collusion investigation.

What did McCabe do that was improper?

That's the million dollar question. Guess we won't know until the IG report is released.

We know that too.
“had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor – including under oath – on multiple occasions.”.

Back
Top Bottom