• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCabe Fires Back

Sgt Meowenstein

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is getting good

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/16/politics/andrew-mccabe-fired/index.html

In a blistering statement Friday night, McCabe said his firing is part of a larger effort to discredit the FBI and the special counsel's investigation.

"This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally," McCabe said. "It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work."

This is getting good

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/16/politics/andrew-mccabe-fired/index.html

In a blistering statement Friday night, McCabe said his firing is part of a larger effort to discredit the FBI and the special counsel's investigation.

"This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally," McCabe said. "It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work."

The McCabe story is bigger I think than Stormy Daniels. You don't think an FBI agent can mess w/a reality TV star??? Trump just stepped in it, big time. Go McCabe go.

This is getting good

Which we know isn't true because it was the FBI's own Office of Professional Responsibility that recommended the termination.

Which we know isn't true because it was the FBI's own Office of Professional Responsibility that recommended the termination.

And Trump is the potus, and therefore has the authority to fire him. Not to mention Trump’s tweets alone implicate him in the firing

And Trump is the potus, and therefore has the authority to fire him. Not to mention Trump’s tweets alone implicate him in the firing
Your comment is nonsensical to that which you quoted.
It was the AG who took the advice of the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility and terminated him.

Do you really not get it?
It was McCabe's own people (FBI) who recommended he be terminated.

That, and McCabe's entire defense to his actions not having been political is to issue an entirely political rant.

Mccabe's comments show the reason why he was fired... doubled down on his nonsense.

He could have at least been like Comey and been passive aggressively stoic.

Your comment is nonsensical to that which you quoted.
It was the AG who took the advice of the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility and terminated him.

Do you really not get it?
It was McCabe's own people (FBI) who recommended he be terminated.
Stop repeating that lie.

That is a DOJ office, which is completely separate from the FBI.

This is getting good

He lied under oath. His hubris is biting him in the ass. He got caught. Imagine, the number 2 guy in the FBI lying under oath. He will be lucky if he doesn't wind up in court. I hope he does.

From the link in your OP:
"After an extensive and fair investigation and according to Department of Justice procedure, the Department's Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provided its report on allegations of misconduct by Andrew McCabe to the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR)," Sessions said in a statement late Friday. "The FBI's OPR then reviewed the report and underlying documents and issued a disciplinary proposal recommending the dismissal of Mr. McCabe. Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor − including under oath − on multiple occasions."

A more clinical look at McCabe's self imposed situation:
One aspect of the reported findings, however, stands out. According to these reports, investigators believed that McCabe misled them about his approval of a leak to the media on the Clinton investigation. An alleged false or misleading statement by McCabe could rekindle questions about how the Justice Department addresses alleged false statements within its own ranks.

Ultimately, Inspector General Michael Horowitz has the authority to refer a matter to criminal investigators investigators in cases of false statements or other crimes. He can also refer matters to state bars in cases of professional misconduct by lawyers. He could do either in the matter of McCabe if investigators conclude that McCabe intentionally misled them. However, if history is any guide, McCabe is unlikely to find himself facing a charge.
If Andrew McCabe lied, could he be charged like Michael Flynn? | TheHill

I wonder how the left will react when the whole report from the DOJ OIG comes out. This is just a small part of it. Flynn is looking at jail time for lying under oath. Let's hope the last sentence in the above quote isn't true.

It's absolutely criminal what Trump has done to the DOJ and FBI.

We've seen a Saturday Night Massacre over the course of eleven months, starting with the firing of Sally Yates, then James Comey, the pressuring of Sessions to open frivolous cases into the Clinton's, the OIG being used to undermine ongoing investigations by the Congress and Special Counsel Office, Nixon style loyalty requests, and now this vindictive firing of McCabe to keep him from his pension.

I can only imagine the howling at the moon and rallies by conservatives if Obama did all of this.

He lied under oath. His hubris is biting him in the ass. He got caught. Imagine, the number 2 guy in the FBI lying under oath. He will be lucky if he doesn't wind up in court. I hope he does.

From the link in your OP:

A more clinical look at McCabe's self imposed situation:

If Andrew McCabe lied, could he be charged like Michael Flynn? | TheHill

I wonder how the left will react when the whole report from the DOJ OIG comes out. This is just a small part of it. Flynn is looking at jail time for lying under oath. Let's hope the last sentence in the above quote isn't true.
Did we get to cry "witch hunt!" like the right-wing?

Lets see the evidence that he lied materially (like Flynn, Sessions, Prince, Kushner, etc) to an investigative team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Professional_Responsibility

The Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) is part of the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) responsible for investigating attorneys employed by the DOJ who have been accused of misconduct or crimes in their professional functions. The OPR promulgates independent standards of ethical and criminal conduct for DOJ attorneys, while the DOJ's Office of the Inspector General (OIG) has jurisdiction of non-attorney DOJ employees. Mary Patrice Brown was named acting head of the office in April 2009.[1] Robin Ashton became the head of the office in 2011[2]

This is the part where you stop digging.

As I told the other person when they provided that very link.

Hilarious.
You clearly do not know.

Since you clearly do not know, I suggest this is where you should start digging for more information as all you are doing now is digging a deeper hole.

Instead of repeating yourself of others being “wrong” - WHY dont you prove him wrong?

As I told the other person when they provided that very link.

Hilarious.
You clearly do not know.

Since you clearly do not know, I suggest this is where you should start digging for more information as all you are doing now is digging a deeper hole.
Actually, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and have nothing but "nah, ah!" to back-up your silly mistakes.

You could have just admitted to the mistake, and it would have been no big deal, but by doubling down you've made yourself look incapable of owning your mistakes.

Instead of repeating yourself of others being “wrong” - WHY dont you prove him wrong?
He can't

There is undisputed proof that the office he speaks of, is separate from the FBI.

Actually, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and have nothing but "nah, ah!" to back-up your silly mistakes.

You could have just admitted to the mistake, and it would have been no big deal, but by doubling down you've made yourself look incapable of owning your mistakes.
iLOL Wrong as usual.

God damn. THis **** is so stupid.
All that person did is prove that the Justice Department has an OPR, not that the FBI didn't.
But don't fret, I will post the information proving not only that person wrong in that thread but MovingPictures being wrong in this thread as well.

As I said I would do.

:doh

For those who actually want to learn ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Justice

iLOL @ U. For those that want to learn:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/09/US_Department_of_Justice_Organizational_Chart.png/800px-US_Department_of_Justice_Organizational_Chart.png[img]

See where the FBI is? See where the OPR is? It is an entirely different branch parallel to the FBI, not under it. :lol:[/QUOTE]
And still you do not understand. Doh!
Providing an irrelevant image suggests to me that a person is intellectually losing it. iLOL

The FBI has their own [URL="https://www.fbi.gov/about/leadership-and-structure"]OPR[/URL] headed by their own person, just as [URL="https://www.ice.gov/leadership/opr"]ICE[/URL] does, as the [URL="https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/the-office-of-professional-responsibility-opr-at-a-glance"]IRS[/URL] does, etc ...

[INDENT][QUOTE="Hatuey, post: 1068292638, member: 3585"]The OPR is part of the DOJ not the FBI. :lol:

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Professional_Responsibility[/url][/QUOTE][/INDENT]

Per your Wiki link.

[INDENT][INDENT][I][B]Mary Patrice Brown[/B] was named acting head of the office in April 2009.[1] [B]Robin Ashton[/B] became the head of the office in 2011[2][/I][/INDENT][/INDENT]

[URL="https://www.justice.gov/opr/meet-counsel"]Robin Ashton[/URL] is still the head of the Justice Departments' OPR.

However, Candice M. Will is listed on the FBI's [URL="https://www.fbi.gov/about/leadership-and-structure"]Leadership & Structure page[/URL] as the head of the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility. Not Robin Ashton who is the head of the Justice Department's OPR. Duh!
[INDENT][INDENT][IMG]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii500/Ex-convict/OPR.jpg
FFS, back when Mueller was the FBI Director he appointed Candice M. Will Assistant Director of it's Office of Professional Responsibility in August 2004 and she is still the heads up that Office per the Leadership page I linked to.

FFS, back in 2004 the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility had already had a 27 year history.
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Stop repeating that lie.
You can apologize at any time for lying.

What is so ****ing sad here is that the AG pointed out it was the FBI's OPR, the media reported that it was the FBI's OPR, and yet some folks just can't understand there is a reason behind what was said.

Last edited:

Christopher Wray put McCabe on paid leave a while ago after being aware of McCabe's misdeeds incorporated in
the reporting of Michael E. Horowitz the Inspector General of the Department of Justice! Wray new to the position
& not interested in stirring waves perhaps was hoping to give McCabe a three point landing.

I think after the Horowitz reports comes out no one well grounded can come to an opposite conclusion
to the decision that was enforced by Sessions today. McCabe's bombastic flourishes blaming the 'Office of
Professional Responsibilities', Trump or Sessions really has no one to blame but Mrs. Clinton. If she had won
none of this damning evidence would have ever surfaced.

Back
Top Bottom