• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MARK CUBAN: I'd give Trump a C-minus for his first 100 days

:lamo

So typical. You know...for all your bull**** about 'defending Trump', here you are ****ting yourself in defense of Cuban because I DO know some things about him and have a somewhat negative opinion of his armchair quarterback cowardice. You rush in with your kneejerk need to defend a guy you admit you know nothing about. How bizarre.

Come on Vance, I'm just calling out your hypocrisy. You're calling Cuban a bitch because he's criticizing the chosen one, and because he hasn't run for president yet. Yet, you are ignoring the fact that Trump talked all kinds of **** for YEARS...and it took him up until the age of 69 to actually make a legitimate run for president.

So implying the logic you are using...Trump was a bitch for 30 years.

Can't argue that. The fact is that Trump defeated the best of what either party had to throw at him.

Scary? I know.

Yeah, the stupidity of the average GOP voter is scary.

It's not all ruse, and his voters did not fall for anything. They, and that includes me, knew what they were getting, and what he was defeating.

Why he took the path he did through the Republicans rather than the Democrats seems simple enough. Hillary was going to be the Democrat candidate. Ask Bernie.

It was her turn.

Trump ran as a Republican because he saw an easier opportunity. He was a Democrat for most of his life. However, Trump at the end of the day is an opportunist. The guy one minute can support gun control, and the next minute be against it. He can be pro choice one day, and pro life another. Hell, during his campaign he called for Universal healthcare. What other Republican besides Trump could get away with calling for universal health care?

American voters voted Trump president. In fact, it was Democratic voters in three blue states that elected Trump president. It actually wasn't Republicans who elected him president. He couldn't have won with just red states.

lol, it was Republicans who elected him president. Same group of people who voted for Bush, McCain, Romney, etc. Trump's base is the Republican party voters. Heck, he's even lost support among independents...but those loyal GOP voters still love their guy.

Come on Vance, I'm just calling out your hypocrisy. You're calling Cuban a bitch because he's criticizing the chosen one, and because he hasn't run for president yet. Yet, you are ignoring the fact that Trump talked all kinds of **** for YEARS...and it took him up until the age of 69 to actually make a legitimate run for president.

So implying the logic you are using...Trump was a bitch for 30 years.
I'm calling out Cuban because he is a bitch. No reason otherwise. Ive addressed why. I'm addressing him because it is 'topical'...I didn start the thread I responded to it. YOU on the other hand **** yourself running in here to defend the guy that...now you admit...you know NOTHING about. Come on, man...thats just...sad.

Here's the difference between Obama and Trump. Obama won in 2008 with a mandate. Bush, during the end of his second term, was extremely unpopular. Obama being elected was a repudiation of Bush, no matter how you slice it. In an extremely divided ERA of politics, Obama soundly defeated McCain in the electoral college, and received the most votes out of any presidential candidate ever. Like Obama or not, his victory in 2008 was impressive. He entered office a popular president. On the other hand, while Obama often had bad approval ratings, he left office pretty popular, certainly more popular than his predecessor. How much that had to do with how bad the alternatives were (Clinton, Trump), and how the voters perceived the Job Obama did is mostly opinion based, IMO. Regardless, Trump was replacing a guy who left office vastly more popular than the guy Obama replaced. Trump, and Clinton for that matter, had historically low approval ratings. Trump won in 2016, but in a much smaller margin than Obama did in 2008. Trump doesn't have much of a mandate, IMO, and I suspect many who voted for him did it because they disliked Clinton more. That's not a good thing, because if Trump doesn't try to appeal to voters outside his core base, then he loses. Sure, Trump has his base, but his base is not enough, IMO, to win him elections. Those people who voted for him because he's not Hillary could EASILY abandon him if the Democrats field a better candidate in 2020, because they were never entirely behind Trump's agenda in the first place.
Trump won with a historical level mandate. The gop has not had this much control in the gov since the 1920s. The lefts agenda is being soundly rejected. People have clearly mandated trump and the gop to put a stop to what the dnc has been pushing for.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Trump won with a historical level mandate. The gop has not had this much control in the gov since the 1920s. The lefts agenda is being soundly rejected. People have clearly mandated trump and the gop to put a stop to what the dnc has been pushing for.

You ignore reality. Clinton whooped trumps ass in the popular vote.

LMAO. The "People" were a voting MINORITY. So far, the Repubs have proven that the only thing that they excelled at was opposing Obama. They sure as hell cant govern.

Trump ran as a Republican because he saw an easier opportunity. He was a Democrat for most of his life. However, Trump at the end of the day is an opportunist. The guy one minute can support gun control, and the next minute be against it. He can be pro choice one day, and pro life another. Hell, during his campaign he called for Universal healthcare. What other Republican besides Trump could get away with calling for universal health care?

Any candidate who was running against Hillary and/or the establishment on either side.

With Hillary increased assaults on the second were a given,
Failure to act on any meaningful border control was a given.
UHC was a given.

The same, while not quite as much a given, applied to the establishment Republicans.

With President Trump at least the country had a shot.

LMAO. The "People" were a voting MINORITY. So far, the Repubs have proven that the only thing that they excelled at was opposing Obama. They sure as hell cant govern.
Nothing you posted has anything to do with a mandate

Congratulations on that meaningless victory.

another trumpsters pretend reality. You political skills are at best bar talk. She won in 23 GOP districts which means those GOPers are paying attention to her victory. Are you really that naive?

This is rather hysterical. Trump won because of Clinton, and there's no "resounding mandate". He squeaked by because Clinton was terrible and couldn't hold States for the EC. He lost the popular vote by quite a bit. Historical mandate is reserved for those who claim a vast majority of both the popular and EC votes.

another trumpsters pretend reality. You political skills are at best bar talk. She won in 23 GOP districts which means those GOPers are paying attention to her victory. Are you really that naive?
Your looking at 1 contest. Another 1 that the dems lost too, i might add. Im looking at the two parties overall. Tally up all the seats the gop has and its pretty clear that they have a mandate.

This is rather hysterical. Trump won because of Clinton, and there's no "resounding mandate". He squeaked by because Clinton was terrible and couldn't hold States for the EC. He lost the popular vote by quite a bit. Historical mandate is reserved for those who claim a vast majority of both the popular and EC votes.
Which party has the majority of seats and governors?

Which party has the majority of seats and governors?

That has nothing to do with Trump. Which party, despite having the majority of seats and the Presidency, couldn't repeal Obamacare?

Trump did not win a resounding mandate. He won because Clinton lied/cheated her way to the DNC nomination. Resounding mandates do not have the lowest approval rating ever and highest disapproval ratings after 100 days in office, lol.

lol, it was Republicans who elected him president. Same group of people who voted for Bush, McCain, Romney, etc. Trump's base is the Republican party voters. Heck, he's even lost support among independents...but those loyal GOP voters still love their guy.

If that's true then how do you expect Democrats to ever win again?

I'm calling out Cuban because he is a bitch. No reason otherwise. Ive addressed why. I'm addressing him because it is 'topical'...I didn start the thread I responded to it. YOU on the other hand **** yourself running in here to defend the guy that...now you admit...you know NOTHING about. Come on, man...thats just...sad.

I say give him a chance. If he continues to talk trash and doesn't run...then you'd have a point.

But the Trump team is worried about him for a reason...

you have no idea what a mandate is then, lol.

Trump's win was among the smallest margins ever. In fact, the GOP has lost the popular vote in 5 of the last six election cycles. The last time a GOP president won with a mandate was Bush Senior in 1989.

Any candidate who was running against Hillary and/or the establishment on either side.

With Hillary increased assaults on the second were a given,
Failure to act on any meaningful border control was a given.
UHC was a given.

The same, while not quite as much a given, applied to the establishment Republicans.

With President Trump at least the country had a shot.

LOL, wrong! Any other GOP candidate would have lost a vast amount of support if they called for Universal health care. Face it, GOP voters cut Trump slack they wouldn't have cut ANY other candidate simply because Trump was telling them what they wanted to hear. Stuff like building a wall, banning muslims, etc.

If that's true then how do you expect Democrats to ever win again?

The Democrats could have easily won in 2016 had their own voters not shown apathy to their candidate. The Democrats have a larger base than the Republicans, hence how Obama won in 2012 despite losing independent voters.

Now name me a recent Republican presidential candidate who won without winning independents. I'm all ears.

That has nothing to do with Trump. Which party, despite having the majority of seats and the Presidency, couldn't repeal Obamacare?

Trump did not win a resounding mandate. He won because Clinton lied/cheated her way to the DNC nomination. Resounding mandates do not have the lowest approval rating ever and highest disapproval ratings after 100 days in office, lol.
I think maybe your missing my point. Trump ran on a similiar platform as the gop and the gop has won by a huge margin. Trump isnt the most popular president but he was elected because the party he allied with currently holds the mandate of the public.

If you wanna get down to brass tax, the democrats had more to do with trumps victory than he did. They pushed too hard, too fast.

Politically speaking i have a hard time catagorizing myself. Im not a moderate but i do straddle the fence between the two ideologies. I see merit in both sides. I have far right and far left opinions and criticisms.

From my perspective the extreme left has become everything they claimed they hate. The party of obstructivism and no.

you have no idea what a mandate is then, lol.

Trump's win was among the smallest margins ever. In fact, the GOP has lost the popular vote in 5 of the last six election cycles. The last time a GOP president won with a mandate was Bush Senior in 1989.
If the voices of the left remain as tone deaf as your post, they will continue to lose power.

I think maybe your missing my point. Trump ran on a similiar platform as the gop and the gop has won by a huge margin.

Everyone was talking about how Trump was an outsider, a non-establishment sort of candidate. How is that "similar to the GOP" then?

The DNC screwed up, they cheated and put up Clinton, and because of that Trump got through. But he has no mandate and the GOP hasn't done much to capitalize on this either. They're floundering.

"Party of obstructivism", I always laugh when the extreme right pull that one out because it seems like they've forgotten the past 8 years. lol

What comes around, goes around. And this is just your standard Republocrat nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom