• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MARK CUBAN: I'd give Trump a C-minus for his first 100 days

What you should say is just telling that as I made it up

That mark cuban is an weak imitation of a master publicity hound like trump?

Thats obvious

Cuban is a liberal flake who is jealous that he's not getting much attention anymore unless he attacks trump

https://www.aol.com/article/finance...mp-a-c-minus-for-his-first-100-days/22049619/

Cuban vs Trump 2020? Perhaps, though I still doubt Cuban runs, and even if he does, the Democrats would likely not even consider him.

It would be interesting to see someone beat Trump at his own game though.

As I stated on a couple of other threads, Trump so far hasn't done anything to upset me or anything to give him praise. It's been a rather ho hum 100 days so far. Sure, a lot of things Trump has done or attempted to do has got him condemn as the devil or elevated to heaven by the folks on this site, the political active partisans. But for the public as a whole, not as partisan and not political junkies, its been business as usual with a shrug.

So a C minus or perhaps a C fits as far as I'm concerned. Trump started out at 44% approval and is at 42% today, not much movement. So most people haven't changed their minds about him, Minds made up long before the election. He has remained fairly steady in that aspect. In other words, Trump has done nothing so far, good or bad, to really move the needle. Compare Trump to Obama, Obama began at 64% approval and dropped to 60% over the same time period.

But comparing the two really isn't valid concerning the two different type of elections we that were held and how the American people viewed the candidates. 62% of all Americans had a positive or favorable view of Obama when he ran in 2012, Romney was was viewed positive by 55%. A majority of Americans viewed both candidates in a positive manner and had a heap of more trust in them than the candidates of 2016. In contrast only 34% viewed Trump positively, 38% Clinton. Each were viewed unfavorable or negatively by around 60% of all Americans. Neither was trusted and I suspect either on would be in the low 40's today as far as approval since the choice last November was one a majority of Americans didn't want to make.

That mark cuban is an weak imitation of a master publicity hound like trump?

Thats obvious

Cuban is a liberal flake who is jealous that he's not getting much attention anymore unless he attacks trump

Is rating for Trump is overly generous

Trump opened the doors for anyone to run for president. Perhaps before electing some Reality T.V. star to the presidency you should have thought twice about it.

And it doesn't matter who the GOP runs in 2020, because whether it's Trump or someone else, Trump or whoever is the nominee will be running entirely on Trump's record. The 2020 election will be all about Trump, whether or not he runs.

President Trump didn't open that door. If you are over 35. a natural born US citizen, and an 11 year resident, you can run for President. That was the founding fathers.

Even in '20, even if President Trump tanks, the election will still be about what the Republicans in Congress do, and more importantly what the Democrats in general do. So far, all the Democrats have done is whine and obstruct.

President Trump didn't open that door. If you are over 35. a natural born US citizen, and an 11 year resident, you can run for President. That was the founding fathers.

Even in '20, even if President Trump tanks, the election will still be about what the Republicans in Congress do, and more importantly what the Democrats in general do. So far, all the Democrats have done is whine and obstruct.

Bill clinton lowered the standard for being president into the gutter and the next two occupiers of the office were just as bad as clinton was in their own may.

Now trump comes along and suddenly liberals have become purists again.

Yep. As I said, Trump opened the doors for ANYONE to run for the presidency.
Its been that way since the nations birth. Anyone can grow up to become potus. This isnt a monarchy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

People gave Obama a pass for not getting things done by saying the Republicans were "the Party of NO" and it was their fault that Obama couldn't get anything done.

So now the Democrats have become "the Party of NO" and Trump gets the same pass.

The main difference is that Obama was the black darling of the Media and Trump is..........not.

He's an old white guy and thus evil.

I'd give Trump a B for his efforts thus far. He's made mistakes (tweeting too loud) but he's also made an honest effort to do good things and been delayed by the courts and the legislature.

This will improve with Gorsuch on the Supreme Court and as Trump slowly builds a coalition that will include some right-thinking Democrats and the CENTRIST majority among Americans and their representatives.

:2usflag:

People gave Obama a pass for not getting things done by saying the Republicans were "the Party of NO" and it was their fault that Obama couldn't get anything done.

So now the Democrats have become "the Party of NO" and Trump gets the same pass.

The main difference is that Obama was the black darling of the Media and Trump is..........not.

I'd give Trump a B for his efforts thus far. He's made mistakes (tweeting too loud) but he's also made an honest effort to do good things and been delayed by the courts and the legislature.

This will improve with Gorsuch on the Supreme Court and as Trump slowly builds a coalition that will include some right-thinking Democrats and the CENTRIST majority among Americans and their representatives.

I blame the republicans in congress rather than the democrats

Repubs have the votes to do anything but choose to do nothing

I blame the republicans in congress rather than the democrats

Repubs have the votes to do anything but choose to do nothing

Well, there are at least TWO Republican Parties.......(the Bad Party and the Worse Party) and they can't get together and agree to get anything done.

That's our system.

Is there some reason to believe that this guys poltical views are any more astute than are Kim Kardashians?

Won't be long we will have that thread. Maybe she'll even make an episode out of the topic.

Cuban is a bitch. We can just get that out of the way up front. Mr mouth...theres your money. Jump into the ring. Until you do...you are just a mouth and nothing more.

As for Trumps first 100 days. Wouldnt you say it is going precisely how you might imagine? Trump has played politics his entire business life but he isnt a politician. It will naturally be a bit of a stumbling block to have the roles and powers as boss hindered. Id bet he thought he could get around a lot of things that he cant get around. He also has to deal with a worthless congress that is not only inept, but largely against him. He is limited to executive actions...that IS after all the capacity of presidents to make changes on their own.

As I stated on a couple of other threads, Trump so far hasn't done anything to upset me or anything to give him praise. It's been a rather ho hum 100 days so far. Sure, a lot of things Trump has done or attempted to do has got him condemn as the devil or elevated to heaven by the folks on this site, the political active partisans. But for the public as a whole, not as partisan and not political junkies, its been business as usual with a shrug.

So a C minus or perhaps a C fits as far as I'm concerned. Trump started out at 44% approval and is at 42% today, not much movement. So most people haven't changed their minds about him, Minds made up long before the election. He has remained fairly steady in that aspect. In other words, Trump has done nothing so far, good or bad, to really move the needle. Compare Trump to Obama, Obama began at 64% approval and dropped to 60% over the same time period.

But comparing the two really isn't valid concerning the two different type of elections we that were held and how the American people viewed the candidates. 62% of all Americans had a positive or favorable view of Obama when he ran in 2012, Romney was was viewed positive by 55%. A majority of Americans viewed both candidates in a positive manner and had a heap of more trust in them than the candidates of 2016. In contrast only 34% viewed Trump positively, 38% Clinton. Each were viewed unfavorable or negatively by around 60% of all Americans. Neither was trusted and I suspect either on would be in the low 40's today as far as approval since the choice last November was one a majority of Americans didn't want to make.

My gosh. A voice of reason.

Amen.

the phrase that applies is what goes around comes around.

are you aware that Trump is not natural born?

Natural born, The National Society of Natural-Born Citizens of the United States Donald Trump - NOT Natural Born

What? Where in the hell did that come from and what does it have to do with anything we were talking about? Is that you're way of saying that paybacks are hell and that you admit to making up a bunch of nonsense for mere revenge purposes? That's OK with me as long as you admit it is nonsense.

I give Trump a soft B on his 1st 100 days.

He has set a solid framework to move his agenda forward via EOs. I would give him a higher grade but he has not done the arm twisting he needs to do with congress yet.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom