• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Majority of republicans say colleges are bad for america (yes, really)

That is describing yourself, Conservative. You take your opinions and make them facts, then call other people's factual statements to be opinions.

Do you support the Trump Crime Family?

Neither of these acknowledge the reality that college is GOOD for America, and that the republican party has lost it.

Colleges in this country turn out a great many narrowly-educated ignoramuses, many of them leftists who don't much like the U.S. To the extent they create these specimens, these institutions are NOT good for America.

Colleges in this country turn out a great many narrowly-educated ignoramuses, many of them leftists who don't much like the U.S. To the extent they create these specimens, these institutions are NOT good for America.
That is a very narrowly-crafted statement that does not reflect the actual world of college.

That is a very narrowly-crafted statement that does not reflect the actual world of college.

Not the way I see it, and I spent quite a few years in colleges. I saw enough anti-American collectivist dingbats to last me a lifetime. I see quite a few of them comment on internet sites, too, and for the most part, what they say only confirms my low opinion of their knowledge and reasoning ability. Dennis Prager will sometimes say, referring to some bizarre view this or that person has expressed--that eating red meat makes men violent toward women, or similar drivel--that "One has to have gone to graduate school to believe something that silly."

Last edited:
Not the way I see it, and I spent quite a few years in colleges. I saw enough anti-American collectivist dingbats to last me a lifetime. I see quite a few of them comment on internet sites, too, and for the most part, what they say only confirms my low opinion of their knowledge and reasoning ability.
IOW, you are saying that you are on the very far right and wish for a return to the world of the 1950s. The knowledge and reasoning ability of the far right's opponents should make them want to take notes and learn.

IOW, you are saying that you are on the very far right and wish for a return to the world of the 1950s. The knowledge and reasoning ability of the far right's opponents should make them want to take notes and learn.

You can rest assured, professor, that I am taking notes about your knowledge and reasoning ability right now. And I think the 1950's were, overall, a wonderful time in this country.

You can rest assured, professor, that I am taking notes about your knowledge and reasoning ability right now. And I think the 1950's were, overall, a wonderful time in this country.
Your type are just so easy to spot. Then why are you supporting the Trump Crime Family's alliance with the Russians?

That is describing yourself, Conservative. You take your opinions and make them facts, then call other people's factual statements to be opinions.

It truly boggles the mind. He may well be the quintessential clone of Trump..

By all means please take better notes.

Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post You can rest assured, professor, that I am taking notes about your knowledge and reasoning ability right now. And I think the 1950's were, overall, a wonderful time in this country.

By all means please take better notes.

matchlight is upset with the loss of cultural appropriation, I believe.

Unlike you, actual results matter. If you think what I have posted are opinions prove them wrong. BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and Treasury provide the official data, so why don't you tell me why those numbers are wrong and how that is an opinion?

Unlike you, actual results matter. If you think what I have posted are opinions prove them wrong. BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and Treasury provide the official data, so why don't you tell me why those numbers are wrong and how that is an opinion?

Do you accept that your interpretation of the data, your opinion, could be wrong? And do you support the Trump Crime Family.

That's an interesting result.

It shows an outcome that the smartest people in the world, by their own estimate, did not anticipate.

I wonder how they missed it.

Might have something to do with their excessive use of censorship, book burning, terror tactics and prior restraint.

I wonder how these view points, running counter to their dogma in the bubble, have leaked into the public consciousness...

Do you accept that your interpretation of the data, your opinion, could be wrong? And do you support the Trump Crime Family.

Interpretation of data? Please explain how anyone can misinterpret the official govt. data such as the 1.6% GDP Growth in fiscal year 2016, or the 9.3 trillion added to the debt? I call official govt. data as FACT and await you explaining how they can be misinterpreted.

Do you admit that you have misinterpreted the CBO Scoring and headlines about 24 million Americans losing their insurance under Trump's Healthcare bill. Is that exactly what CBO said or was it a projection?

That's an interesting result.

It shows an outcome that the smartest people in the world, by their own estimate, did not anticipate.

I wonder how they missed it.

Might have something to do with their excessive use of censorship, book burning, terror tactics and prior restraint.

I wonder how these view points, running counter to their dogma in the bubble, have leaked into the public consciousness...

My question remains unanswered. Why is the right so weak and powerless in higher ed?

Interpretation of data? Please explain how anyone can misinterpret the official govt. data such as the 1.6% GDP Growth in fiscal year 2016, or the 9.3 trillion added to the debt? I call official govt. data as FACT and await you explaining how they can be misinterpreted.

Do you admit that you have misinterpreted the CBO Scoring and headlines about 24 million Americans losing their insurance under Trump's Healthcare bill. Is that exactly what CBO said or was it a projection?
You refuse to accept that the data does not support your conclusions.

No matter how much you want it to do so, it just does not.

You refuse to accept that the data does not support your conclusions.

No matter how much you want it to do so, it just does not.

You have yet to prove that statement thus it is your opinion, not fact. 1.6% GDP growth is a FACT, 9.3 trillion added to the debt is a FACT, 24 million losing their insurance is an OPINION

My question remains unanswered. Why is the right so weak and powerless in higher ed?

Did you ask that question previously?

I failed to find it in the post to which I responded.

A good way to get any answer to a question is to ask that question. Depending on telepathy is less successful.

Did you ask that question previously?

I failed to find it in the post to which I responded.

A good way to get any answer to a question is to ask that question. Depending on telepathy is less successful.

Then consider it asked.

Then consider it asked.

I don't know what it is you are seemingly commenting on.

Perhaps you could post a link that supports the premise on which your question is based.

I don't know what it is you are seemingly commenting on.

Perhaps you could post a link that supports the premise on which your question is based.

The point by many on this thread is that the reason colleges are bad now is because the left has control of them.

So when and why are the right so weak and powerless in higher ed? The left did not use guns and tanks in a coup to take over higher ed. The right must have just given up. Based on this theory

The point by many on this thread is that the reason colleges are bad now is because the left has control of them.

So when and why are the right so weak and powerless in higher ed? The left did not use guns and tanks in a coup to take over higher ed. The right must have just given up. Based on this theory
Nuance is anathema to Right Wing thinking and dogma. Hence, colleges will always be the enemy of the Right.

Nuance is anathema to Right Wing thinking and dogma. Hence, colleges will always be the enemy of the Right.

LOL

Well, the research shows graduates have significant deficits in critical thinking skills, among other problems.

Washing away the rhetoric and implications the alt-left author featured in the OP is trying to sell, the primary problem with colleges and universities today is found in the horrendous cost they enslave students to cover, and the poor job they do in preparing students for a future career.

All people should be concerned with this result, as opposed to the lame attempt to suggest Republicans don't want people to receive college educations.

Majority of conservatives believe all of the news is leftist loonery.

lol...yeah. That's the news one now. In fact, according to that tribe of idiots college, the medial community, the insurance industry, the news, the intelligence community, the FBI, the courts, and even Republicans not in lock step with them are all part of some vast Leftist conspiracy headed by George Soros.

Come to think of it...that totally explains why they hate college.

Back
Top Bottom