• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Las Vegas police release video of woman pushing elderly man from bus

Status
Not open for further replies.
you think any of the 3 networks will air that footage on nightly newscast?

ask yourself why won't they?

Why would they?

There are 14,000 homicides a year in this country along with 1,400,000 violent crimes. And a whole lot more other crimes. Those are basic FBI stats for decades.

Unless she really was in a psychotic state, she's certainly a terrible excuse for a human being. But really, 14,000 homicides a year = 38 and change a day. Why should this event, no matter how horrible, be on all the networks? What about the other 37 we could expect today, on average?

And while you're thinking about how to answer that, think about this. This was the OP:

Wow!

I'll bet she's a poor oppressed brilliant black woman who has had enough of those stupid old white people!:lamo

We need to have a national discussion about racism in America.

The OP made no argument for why this was motivated by "racism" and no explanation of why he thought saying it was racism was hilarious. You didn't call the OP out for trying to make this tragic crime about race. Instead....this was your first reaction (the other reactions being to attack posters you suspected of being on the left).

when we tolerate a political party calling out segments of our society by Age Race Gender (Old White Males) vilifying them in a dehumanizing way...people can and do lash out.

Its America stop with the dehumanizing behavior....Politicians need to lead the way

The OP is conservative. You are conservative. The OP villified the criminal by race, rather than villifying them for what they did, in a dehumanizing way (as if what she did wasn't dehumanizing enough on its own).

Nobody villified the man who was killed. Yet there you are claiming that it's "Old White Males" who are villified by "Age Race Gender" in a "dehumanizing way"

Why did you behave in that fashion?

I wonder how she feels about her actions now. Or immediately after, once she realized she killed him?

I wonder how she feels about her actions now. Or immediately after, once she realized she killed him?

She might not have realized right after. Death tends to look like unconsciousness at first.

Unless she was in a psychotic state (ie, "not guilty by reason of insanity"), I suspect she's feeling less of "I feel bad I did that" and more of "my life is over and I wish I didn't do that." She probably isn't even thinking about her now likely-orphaned child.

Who shoves an old man with a walker off a bus but who also independently has some scrap of morality tucked away somewhere, somehow?

Wow!

I'll bet she's a poor oppressed brilliant black woman who has had enough of those stupid old white people!:lamo

Just more evidence that black on white crime is a worrying trend in America.

What an evil b**** looks like a hate crime.

She is a woman and a minority... she is justified in her actions against white men.

Do you guys think she would have done this to an old black man?

I think yes.

Do you think she would have done this to an old black woman?

I think yes.

I think this is a hate crime, but not racially based. She just has hate in her heart...directed at pretty much anyone unfortunate enough to be in its trajectory.

Why would they?

There are 14,000 homicides a year in this country along with 1,400,000 violent crimes. And a whole lot more other crimes. Those are basic FBI stats for decades.

Unless she really was in a psychotic state, she's certainly a terrible excuse for a human being. But really, 14,000 homicides a year = 38 and change a day. Why should this event, no matter how horrible, be on all the networks? What about the other 37 we could expect today, on average?

And while you're thinking about how to answer that, think about this. This was the OP:

The OP made no argument for why this was motivated by "racism" and no explanation of why he thought saying it was racism was hilarious. You didn't call the OP out for trying to make this tragic crime about race. Instead....this was your first reaction (the other reactions being to attack posters you suspected of being on the left).

The OP is conservative. You are conservative. The OP villified the criminal by race, rather than villifying them for what they did, in a dehumanizing way (as if what she did wasn't dehumanizing enough on its own).

Nobody villified the man who was killed. Yet there you are claiming that it's "Old White Males" who are villified by "Age Race Gender" in a "dehumanizing way"

why'd media air Jesse Smollet charge? endlessly..... lots of murders happen in Chicago every day as you point out.

This video is disturbing and will probably get lots of clicks online tempting some to report on it...but wide spread coverage for days on end alla Smollet...no.

Politicians have vilified old white males to the point of no push back...google democrats hate Old White Males..this news seeps into society is my point..not healthy. Hate infects and can burst in unexpected ways.

There is about twice as many black on white murders than white on black murders per year.

There are about 5 times as many white people than there are black people...

He is old she isn't it is elder abuse.

Maybe that is how she spends her afternoons...

You're an intellectual, and never assume anything - right?

Are you willing to hear some arguments describing her to be a racist? You do not believe that there are people who would snitch that she is a racist, because the only people who know she is a racist are black, and they would not snitch on her - right?

Blacks cannot be racists. We have learned this from certain "pocket intellectuals" on here.

I really don't care how she feels. I feel bad for the one who managed to live 74 years only to lose his life not to a disease, but to a wicked 25 year old evil woman. I feel for his loved ones he leaves behind. Possibly wife, children, grandchildren and friends. What she did was sheer evil. You could tell in the video he was frail. She has been charged with murder and too bad for her that Nevada is one of 31 states that operates under the death penalty.

A little more information shows she is plainly just a violent hateful person. Don't know if she is a racist or just equal opportunist.

Bishop pleaded guilty to two domestic violence misdemeanors, in 2012 and 2013, Las Vegas Justice Court records show. Last Friday, detectives spoke with her son’s father, who said he is no longer with her because “she is too violent,” the report says.

Man, 74, Dies After Woman Shoves Him Off Bus | PEOPLE.com

Too bad the story is already getting MSM coverage. Including the Associated Press.

Next time check your facts, "Trump".

My opinion was wrong....its getting a lot of coverage and its not a good thing..... in my opinion

Why would they?

People try to justify their racist behavior. It's not unusual.

What makes this look like a hate crime to you?

They have no idea. They're just trying to justify Trump and some of his base's racist behavior.

Unfortunately for them, there is no way to justify this:

sons-of-bitches-very-fine-people-trump-logic-35403462.png

ad82d1d52909b3b797b698faaf913975.jpg

Just more evidence that black on white crime is a worrying trend in America.

Nah. Having a blatantly racist POTUS is far more worrying to any rational individual

1whlfy.jpg

why'd media air Jesse Smollet charge? endlessly..... lots of murders happen in Chicago every day as you point out.

This video is disturbing and will probably get lots of clicks online tempting some to report on it...but wide spread coverage for days on end alla Smollet...no.

Politicians have vilified old white males to the point of no push back...google democrats hate Old White Males..this news seeps into society is my point..not healthy. Hate infects and can burst in unexpected ways.

When Don Lemon goes unchecked from his bully pulpit calling white men terrorists.

A little more information shows she is plainly just a violent hateful person. Don't know if she is a racist or just equal opportunist.

Man, 74, Dies After Woman Shoves Him Off Bus | PEOPLE.com

It seems she is a violent person. I feel bad for the old man as well as her kid. Hopefully someone will step up and give him a loving home.
A couple of points
-the headlines, both in the op as well as the quoted post do not mention race at all, nor do the reports.
-often, headlines lead with color of skin
kudos to those who wrote the articles. That's how it should be.

To the OP
nevermind, not worth a warning

They have no idea. They're just trying to justify Trump and some of his base's racist behavior.

Unfortunately for them, there is no way to justify this:

sons-of-bitches-very-fine-people-trump-logic-35403462.png

ad82d1d52909b3b797b698faaf913975.jpg

and some just want to stir up **** where it doesn't belong

Wow!

I bet you're obsessed with white supremacy issues.
It's a fat old bitch with a chip on her shoulder and extreme anger issues. She committed murder, but that kind of murder happens all over the country, every single day, and it's called elder abuse and people of all races have done the same thing.

What's the matter, did you get kicked off Stormfront?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom