• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice IG sends criminal referral of Andrew McCabe to US attorney

You do realize that McCabe is in trouble for disclosing that the FBI was investigating the Clinton foundation during the election and then lying about what he disclosed. The IG report is saying that the way that FBI officials acted **against** Hillary was potentially criminal.

Where, specifically, in the report does it say they were working "against" Clinton?

Whatever his motivation was it definitely didn't help Clinton's campaign. And he definitely didn't intend it to. That's just too bizarre to be believed.
Imagine someone thinking that?

Well Grand Mal Comey has always been about Comey. You have to first understand that one before you can make any sense of it. The top aide of Clinton's, Huma, just had a husband Anthony Weiner arrested as a pervert. They confiscated his computer. On it they discovered thousands and thousands of Clinton emails. Some which did turn out to be sensitive in nature. He had just months ago went before the American people and said Clinton was reckless with sensitive documents and exchanges but not to the level of being criminal and now the perv arrest has her emails on his computer that he used to go after underaged girls? Gives a whole new meaning to reckless.

Haven't you been listening to him? He said [I thought she was going to win and I didn't want this to taint her victory]. He sure as hell wasn't doing it specifically to sabotage her and he suggests that he didn't think she had in in the bag, he would have sat on the information.

You believe him, though? Something this unlikely, you believe? You must pretty much accept whatever he says, huh?

BS but that's alright, I have come to expect that from you. Twisting and weaving things to the point they are no longer recognizable. Bottom line McCabe got what he deserved today.

And I can't wait for the rest to follow while I watch anti-Trumpers twist themselves into pretzel logic defending each and everyone of them. A toast to equal justice under the law! Salute!

BS that you refuse to admit you were wrong when you said she filed charges against McCabe of sexual discrimination? No. I don't think so. Since you can't come up with even a little shred of evidence that she did. BS because I said Flynn was a liar - according to his former boss, whose words you tend to subscribe to without question? Interesting. I go by what Trump said, and you say I'm wrong. I guess you're saying then that Trump is actually a liar, and Flynn is a truthful and honest man.

You can't wait to watch the anti-Trumpers do what?

BS that you refuse to admit you were wrong when you said she filed charges against McCabe of sexual discrimination? No. I don't think so. Since you can't come up with even a little shred of evidence that she did. BS because I said Flynn was a liar - according to his former boss, whose words you tend to subscribe to without question? Interesting. I go by what Trump said, and you say I'm wrong. I guess you're saying then that Trump is actually a liar, and Flynn is a truthful and honest man.

You can't wait to watch the anti-Trumpers do what?

BS her first charges filed were against her supervisor but it later involved McCabe too when McCabe started trashing her. So yes McCabe became part of her case against sexual harassment.

Re: Inspector general referred findings on McCabe to U.S. attorney for consideration of criminal cha

Per a formal Federal prosecutor:

"This doesn’t mean McCabe will be prosecuted, but rather that the US Attorney in DC will review the file and determine if there is a prosecutable case. The IG is acting like any other investigative agency, referring a case, and it would have been a surprise if this wasn’t sent over."

-Joyce Allen
https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/987030745490362368

It's the same thing that happens in state and local law enforcement. Investigations are conducted, reports compiled, and sent to a prosecutor for review. Prosecutor then decides whether or not there is enough evidence to charge them and take them to trial.

Cases get referred all the time, and sometimes the prosecutors decline simply because they don't think they can win at trial.

Absolutely! Comey even admitted he re-opened the Clinton email case for political reasons, to help Clinton.

There have been 5 members from the upper echelon of the FBI who were in cahoots to undermine President Trump--Candidate Trump before he won the election. They efforts went so far as to use false evidence to obtain FISA warrants to spy on the Trump Campaign. I have a problem with that. Any American should have a problem with that.

Can you post a link to Comey saying he re-opened the case to "help Clinton". I didn't hear him say those words.

BS her first charges filed were against her supervisor but it later involved McCabe too when McCabe started trashing her. So yes McCabe became part of her case against sexual harassment.

Okay, so post a link so I can see when she filed charges against McCabe, please. I keep asking you for that, and you have yet to back it up.

Whatever his motivation was it definitely didn't help Clinton's campaign. And he definitely didn't intend it to. That's just too bizarre to be believed.
Imagine someone thinking that?

Ok, this talking point is getting old.

Four days before the election, a Princeton survey had Hillary's chances of winning at 99%

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/sam-wang-princeton-election-consortium-poll-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-victory-a7399671.html

TWO DAYS before the election, Reuters had Hillary's chances of winning at 90%

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll/clinton-has-90-percent-chance-of-winning-reuters-ipsos-states-of-the-nation-idUSKBN1322J1

The day before the election, the NYTs gave her a 84% chance of winning. Days, hours before the election NO one thought Comey's re-opening of the email investigation was going to have any impact on the election. Both Comey and McCabe did what they did to try and cover their asses and they KNEW like everyone else she was going to win

The fact that she didn't must have been a real shocker to Comey and McCabe and everyone else at the FBI and DOJ who participated. Imagine, they might actually be held accountable for their criminality

Four days before the election, a Princeton survey had Hillary's chances of winning at 99%

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/sam-wang-princeton-election-consortium-poll-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-victory-a7399671.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll/clinton-has-90-percent-chance-of-winning-reuters-ipsos-states-of-the-nation-idUSKBN1322J1

The day before the election, the NYTs gave her a 84% chance of winning. Days, hours before the election NO one thought Comey's re-opening of the email investigation was going to have any impact on the election. Both Comey and McCabe did what they did to try and cover their asses and they KNEW like everyone else she was going to win

The fact that she didn't must have been a real shocker to Comey and McCabe and everyone else at the FBI and DOJ who participated. Imagine, they might actually be held accountable for their criminality

You'll need evidence...Not partisan Bull**** based on Hillary Hate...You have NO evidence

Comey re-opened the email investigation to cover Comey's arse. End of story.

Maybe that's true, but if you're using that act to incriminate Comey, there is nothing he could do that wouldn't incriminate him somehow. He opened it and announced it - or released a letter he knew would leak. What could he have done to NOT show prejudice against Trump, or to just do his job the right way? You've created the textbook example of "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't."

Okay, so post a link so I can see when she filed charges against McCabe, please. I keep asking you for that, and you have yet to back it up.

It was all part of the internal investigation. And I have yet to see McCabe cleared of any wrong doing on that front. Possibly because Gritz finally resigned after taking years of his ****.

But thanks for posting the link to Gritz on Fox and Friends absolutely elated over the news about McCabe getting his and sharing at least 50 other fellow workers at the FBI delighted with the news too.

It was all part of the internal investigation. And I have yet to see McCabe cleared of any wrong doing on that front. Possibly because Gritz finally resigned after taking years of his ****.

But thanks for posting the link to Gritz on Fox and Friends absolutely elated over the news about McCabe getting his and sharing at least 50 other fellow workers at the FBI delighted with the news too.

So no link, no proof. Got it. You should just say "I was wrong, and she didn't file charges against McCabe". That would be more honest.

Haven't you been listening to him? He said [I thought she was going to win and I didn't want this to taint her victory]. He sure as hell wasn't doing it specifically to sabotage her and he suggests that he didn't think she had in in the bag, he would have sat on the information.

But your 'what-if' isn't relevant. For whatever reason, he did reopen the investigation and announced this to Congress, which he knew would leak immediately and it did. What course of action could he have taken that you'd have approved of in that situation?

Where, specifically, in the report does it say they were working "against" Clinton?

It doesn't but that was the practical effect. McCabe's leak confirmed an open FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation. In what way could that be interpreted as helping Hillary? Remember this came the same week that Comey announced more EMAILS!!! and the FBI leak that the investigation had cleared Trump of Russia wrongdoing.

It was a shocker to people who actively participated in harming her campaign in the crucial final two weeks?

1) Comey announced more EMAILS!!!
2) McCabe confirms active investigation into the Clinton Foundation.
3) Someone leaks to NYT that the FBI investigation into Russian interference effectively cleared Trump.

How are those acts in the last week of October evidence of FBI working against Trump.

You said she fired sexual discrimination charges against McCabe.

She didn't.

Ah, ah, ah....not so fast there....

"A 16-year veteran with outstanding work performance reviews and accomplishments, Gritz alleges McCabe, along with other senior management, made it impossible for her to do her job and obstructed her ability to move up the ranks.

She eventually filed an Equal Employment Opportunity Complaint [EEOC] in 2013 for sexual discrimination and a hostile work environment against McCabe and other superiors.

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/08...-mccabe-said-there-is-a-cancer-inside-the-fbi

So no link, no proof. Got it. You should just say "I was wrong, and she didn't file charges against McCabe". That would be more honest.

There was nothing dishonest about my post, I simply left out the original filing against her supervisor but then it turned out she was fighting her supervisor's supervisor which happened to be McCabe. Gritz has given other interviews, I suggest you do a google for them. You don't seem to have any trouble typing so it shouldn't be that hard for you.

But once again thanks for the Fox and Friends video. It's nice to see she still has former employees at the Bureau celebrating with her over 50 that McCabe may be facing criminal charges. They all seem to agree it couldn't happen to someone more deserving.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4437303/Read-the-report-Justice-Department-Inspector.pdf

Uh... starting from page 1?

As detailed below, we found that in late October 2016, McCabe authorized Special Counsel and AD/OPA to discuss with Barrett issues related to the FBI’s Clinton Foundation investigation (CF Investigation).

btw.. from then:
New Report Shows FBI Was Investigating Clinton Foundation
McCabe pushed back, and some say that after the call he reiterated his instructions for FBI agents to continue looking into the foundation

There was nothing dishonest about my post, I simply left out the original filing against her supervisor but then it turned out she was fighting her supervisor's supervisor which happened to be McCabe. Gritz has given other interviews, I suggest you do a google for them. You don't seem to have any trouble typing so it shouldn't be that hard for you.

But once again thanks for the Fox and Friends video. It's nice to see she still has former employees at the Bureau celebrating with her over 50 that McCabe may be facing criminal charges. They all seem to agree it couldn't happen to someone more deserving.

Yes, and she didn't accuse McCabe of sexual discrimination. Her beef was with her supervisor, and she didn't like McCabe not taking her side, so she went on a crusade against him too. But you completely believe every word of her story, because....Michael Flynn?

Do you believe every woman who has ever claimed sexual discrimination? I mean, every single one - or just the one who has it in for the dreaded Andrew McCabe, who the Trump fans abhor?

You really do hate McCabe, don't you? Interesting. You must have hated Scooter Libby and Michael Flynn for lying under oath, too. Or did you?

the comey letter probably cost clinton the election
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-comey-letter-probably-cost-clinton-the-election/

By the way, can I see some link to the other women who backed up her story and also accused McCabe of malfeasance and sexual discrimination? Because he worked at the FBI for decades, and there were thousands of women there. So far I only see your posts that Flynn - someone who the President said was a liar, twice - is the only one who concurred with her. Surely this monster McCabe had other accusations against him. One accusation, that wasn't even made against him personally, as you know, is indicative of...what? A 13 year old accused Trump of rape. By your logic, Trump is guilty of raping teenagers.

It doesn't but that was the practical effect. McCabe's leak confirmed an open FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation. In what way could that be interpreted as helping Hillary? Remember this came the same week that Comey announced more EMAILS!!! and the FBI leak that the investigation had cleared Trump of Russia wrongdoing.

I was merely asking him to point to where, as he said, "The IG report is saying that the way that FBI officials acted **against** Hillary was potentially criminal." The report didn't say that. He made a claim that was false.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4437303/Read-the-report-Justice-Department-Inspector.pdf

Uh... starting from page 1?

As detailed below, we found that in late October 2016, McCabe authorized Special Counsel and AD/OPA to discuss with Barrett issues related to the FBI’s Clinton Foundation investigation (CF Investigation).

btw.. from then:
New Report Shows FBI Was Investigating Clinton Foundation
McCabe pushed back, and some say that after the call he reiterated his instructions for FBI agents to continue looking into the foundation

Here is your statment:
"The IG report is saying that the way that FBI officials acted **against** Hillary was potentially criminal. "

Where, specifically, in the report does it say that they were working "against" Clinton? Where does the IG come to that conclusion? You offered a link to an article that draws that conclusion. You said, "The IG report is saying that the way that FBI officials acted **against** Hillary was potentially criminal. " Where does the IG report say that or draw that conclusion, key word being "against".

By the way, can I see some link to the other women who backed up her story and also accused McCabe of malfeasance and sexual discrimination? Because he worked at the FBI for decades, and there were thousands of women there. So far I only see your posts that Flynn - someone who the President said was a liar, twice - is the only one who concurred with her.

No I said Flynn was just one who came forward at the Bureau on Gritz's behalf. Gritz had an excellent reputation until McCabe destroyed her.
https://spectator.org/the-real-andrew-mccabe/

Back
Top Bottom