• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice IG sends criminal referral of Andrew McCabe to US attorney

I'm more fun than a barrel of monkies, so you probably didn't throw anything.

I've seen much in my 56 years but I can say with all honesty that I've never seen a barrel of monkeys so I don't know how much fun they can be. I have seen a barrel of bourbon and that is fun.

OK, then what should he have done? I've asked several people this and they have no answer. Maybe you will. It appears he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. In this case he reopened it, AND announced it, and it dominated news for about 10 days or so in the closing weeks. What better option did he have at that time?

Maybe he should have waited until after the election to reopen the investigation, erring on the side of caution?

OK, then what should he have done? I've asked several people this and they have no answer. Maybe you will. It appears he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. In this case he reopened it, AND announced it, and it dominated news for about 10 days or so in the closing weeks. What better option did he have at that time?

What he should have done is not delay.

Comey, Lynch, the NYPD and various other individuals from all those organizations knew about the stuff on Weiner's laptop a full month earlier. They should have notified Congress immediately, but didn't. It took a threat from the NYPD of going to the media with the news to get Comey to tell Strozk to write the letter that he then sent to Congress.

But that's okay. Now we have proof of Lynch using her position as AG for political purposes. I don't know if she'll be indicted...but she should be.

So McCabe is suing the Trump admin for defamation and wrongful termination. It'll be interesting to see if this opens the door for Avenatti to sue for defamation as well.

Maybe he should have waited until after the election to reopen the investigation, erring on the side of caution?

But them the Trump fans would have complained that he buried it to help Hillary. They already hate Comey - imagine if he'd sat on that and then announced it a week AFTER say, Hillary won? Doesn't take much to guess the reaction from the right wing.

Comey, Lynch, the NYPD and various other individuals from all those organizations knew about the stuff on Weiner's laptop a full month earlier. They should have notified Congress immediately, but didn't. It took a threat from the NYPD of going to the media with the news to get Comey to tell Strozk to write the letter that he then sent to Congress.

But that's okay. Now we have proof of Lynch using her position as AG for political purposes. I don't know if she'll be indicted...but she should be.

That's one possible answer, and it would have likely helped Hillary to get that out of the way a month earlier, versus the EMAILS!!! story dominating news in the two weeks prior to election.

And if he was ethically obligated to disclose that, why does Comey not have the same ethical obligation to disclose and confirm the then several month old FBI investigation into Russian collusion and the possible participation by Trump people?

Played with them as a kid. Just never saw a real barrel of monkeys.

I had a chain of those monkeys hanging from my canopy bed when I was young. I think I had about 50 of them holding hands.

They were fun as hell

Here I am, tough guy with the scary avatar *shaking in my little booties*

Asides from your usual litany of insults, have you disproven any of it?

I think I shall go back to ignoring your irellevant drivel and BS.

Your need to retreat to a non-threatening safe space duly noted.

You lied. You made a claim about an "admission" he never made. You know it, I know it, and everyone reading your posts knows it.

I know too, and I don't even read his posts. :mrgreen:

Good point. What excuse did Comey offer as to why he waited to reopen?
My Gawd...What a tangled web we weave..

Good point. What excuse did Comey offer as to why he waited to reopen?
My Gawd...What a tangled web we weave..

As far as I know he hasn't given an excuse. I don't think Comey has even mentioned the delay. We found out about it from the IG report on McCabe.

As far as I know he hasn't given an excuse. I don't think Comey has even mentioned the delay. We found out about it from the IG report on McCabe.

Maybe if he is indicted, he'll have to defend it.

Re: Inspector general referred findings on McCabe to U.S. attorney for consideration of criminal cha

Horowitz wouldn't have referred the case if he didn't think it was solid. I think the US Attorney will find that charges are warranted. Guess McCabe is going to need that money donated to him. I sure am glad I didn't donate any money to this guy.

He’d better pay taxes on it. “Process crimes and all that”. LOL.

Andrew, meet your new celly “Bubba”. BTW, the swamp won’t jail one of its own. Some Obama judge will help his “swampmate” out.

He mentioned it, and explained quite clearly when he learned about the emails (October 27, 2016).

ABC News George Stephanopoulos asked Comey when he first learned about the emails on Weiner’s laptop.

“Really, October 27th. Somebody earlier in October, in the beginning of October sometime, mentioned to me that there may be a connection between emails found on Anthony Weiner’s laptop and the Clinton email investigation,” Comey said.

Stephanopoulos asked if it was former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe who informed Comey about the emails. Comey said he could not recall with certainty whether it was McCabe, but thought that it was likely him.

“It’s led your critics to say that the FBI, for several weeks, sat on the knowledge that they had several thousand Hillary Clinton emails,” Stephanopoulos said.

“Yeah, more than several thousand,” Comey said. “Hundreds of thousands on Anthony Weiner’s laptop.”

Comey then recounted how, “early in the morning on October 27th,” the team that had conducted the investigation into Clinton’s email practice had asked to meet with him.

During this meeting, Comey was informed that “for reasons we can’t explain, hundreds of thousands of Hillary Clinton’s emails on Anthony Weiner’s laptop. And something much more important than that: thousands of emails from Hillary Clinton’s Blackberry domain.”

Comey then said he asked the team how fast they could review these emails and was informed that they couldn’t possibly finish before the election because of the number of emails

He mentioned it, and explained quite clearly when he learned about the emails (October 27, 2016).

ABC News George Stephanopoulos asked Comey when he first learned about the emails on Weiner’s laptop.

“Really, October 27th. Somebody earlier in October, in the beginning of October sometime, mentioned to me that there may be a connection between emails found on Anthony Weiner’s laptop and the Clinton email investigation,” Comey said.

Stephanopoulos asked if it was former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe who informed Comey about the emails. Comey said he could not recall with certainty whether it was McCabe, but thought that it was likely him.

“It’s led your critics to say that the FBI, for several weeks, sat on the knowledge that they had several thousand Hillary Clinton emails,” Stephanopoulos said.

“Yeah, more than several thousand,” Comey said. “Hundreds of thousands on Anthony Weiner’s laptop.”

Comey then recounted how, “early in the morning on October 27th,” the team that had conducted the investigation into Clinton’s email practice had asked to meet with him.

During this meeting, Comey was informed that “for reasons we can’t explain, hundreds of thousands of Hillary Clinton’s emails on Anthony Weiner’s laptop. And something much more important than that: thousands of emails from Hillary Clinton’s Blackberry domain.”

Comey then said he asked the team how fast they could review these emails and was informed that they couldn’t possibly finish before the election because of the number of emails

Comey could be telling the truth...or he could be covering his ass. I did a little more digging and found this:

The NY field office is dealing with McCabe lying about them being leakers to cover his own leaks while Loretta Lynch is using them to control the New York Police Department because of Weiner. At same time NYPD brass gave NY FBI Field Office an ultimatum: you deal w this or we go to the press.

So the FBI grabs the Abedin/Weiner laptop, James Comey is forced to send email to congress re-opening email case and that’s all we’re told. Or is it?

[tracybeanz] documents the interviews with both the founder of Blackwater Erik Prince & former US Atty/Mayor of NYC Rudy Giuliani who gave information detailing both the emails on Huma/Weiner’s joint laptop *and other things*…

So the FBI NY field office takes laptop due to classified info on laptop and as part of HRC email case. Andrew McCabe refused to recuse and HIDES the laptop, until Prince and Guiliani reveal its existence/seizure by FBI forcing Comey’s hand. Andrew McCabe was hiding it unbeknownst to James Comey.

♦ ♦ Sidebar – ask two questions: what was so extraordinary OUTSIDE of the emails that NYPD even with Garner case blackmail ongoing such that they took extraordinary step of using Prince & Guiliani to force its disclosure?

Something on that laptop is so ugly, so damaging, NYPD felt it had no choice but to do that. What could it be? Important note: Weiner went to prison for a sexual relationship with a child. What else did NYPD expect FBI to look into beyond Weiner’s case that was that ugly?

Something critical here: the Clinton Foundation investigation was shelved. FBI Field Office’s moth-balled the case until AFTER AG Jeff Sessions was sworn and ordered the case reopened. It’s clear OIG Michael Horowitz felt this case was improperly shelved for political reasons.

The Clinton Foundation case is re-opened. [LarrySchweikart] has been looking into this extensively. There are five FBI field offices working the case with NY field office being the lead. NYFO is in the DIJ Southern District of New York (SDNY), the NYC area where the Clinton Foundation is registered. Little Rock, Arkansas, & LA offices are also involved.

This investigation is still ongoing. The fact nothing has been heard indicates to me this case is still being actively pursued. End side bar. ♦ ♦

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...of-inspector-general-report-of-andrew-mccabe/

This can of worms just keeps getting bigger and bigger...and stinkier.

Last edited:
Comey could be telling the truth...or he could be covering his ass. I did a little more digging and found this:

This can of worms just keeps getting bigger and bigger...and stinkier.

Come on Mycroft. The Conservative Treehouse? No, that isn't a source. Sorry, I don't read partisan drivel from either side. You need to provide a better source than that.

Of course Comey could be lying. But that has to be proven, and nobody from the FBI - and there was a large team of people - has come out and disputed the story that he wasn't told until October 27.

Come on Mycroft. The Conservative Treehouse? No, that isn't a source. Sorry, I don't read partisan drivel from either side. You need to provide a better source than that.

Of course Comey could be lying. But that has to be proven, and nobody from the FBI - and there was a large team of people - has come out and disputed the story that he wasn't told until October 27.

Yawn...

Another "I don't like those guys so I don't give a rip what they say...even if it's true" post. You know, I think I've seen this from you before.

You should broaden your horizons. You might learn something your preferred sources won't tell you.

Yawn...

Another "I don't like those guys so I don't give a rip what they say...even if it's true" post. You know, I think I've seen this from you before.

You should broaden your horizons. You might learn something your preferred sources won't tell you.

How do you know it's true? Who has confirmed it?

Do you buy into partisan websites? I'm surprised to read that. So if Cardinal posted something from The Daily Kos or CNN, you'd say "That must be true". Right?

My preferred sources are the Associated Press and mostly Reuters as a secondary source. If you can produce some links to them concurring with your partisan site, I'm all eyes.

Yawn...

:lamo Democrats are getting desperate

Democratic party files suit alleging conspiracy against Trump campaign, Russia, Wikileaks to sway 2016 election
Democratic Party files suit alleging conspiracy by Trump campaign, Russia, WikiLeaks to sway 2016 election | Fox News

Can you believe this crap ?

Back
Top Bottom