• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge rejects Green Party's PA recount

You have to wonder why Trump worked so hard to stop or prevent recounts in both Michigan and Pennsylvania and what he was afraid was going to emerge from those recounts?

This doubt - caused by his own actions - simply increases the ugly stain of illegitimacy upon the Trump presidency.

You'd think Trump would be all for recounts seeing how he says 3 million illegals voted against him and all. :lol:

Here is the Michigan law

Stein clearly qualifies as any candidate who believes as her belief is totally up to her and nobody else. It does not say you have to finish second or have a chance at winning.

Its not in my mind as I have nothing to do with the recount. I did not start it... I did not fund it ... I did not fight it ... I did not stop it. So I had nothing to do with it so my mind is not the issue.

What is the issue is why Donald Trump has fought so hard to prevent recounts in both Michigan and Pennsylvania and what is he afraid will emerge from both of those efforts?

Thanks for proving my point.

Fair enough.

But considering the stakes - I think at least 1% is probably a better number.

they decided on .5%
she could have done a recount in certain area's.

PA though has some pretty strict criteria.
the fact that she missed the deadline to file recounts pretty much puts a nail in the coffin.

You'd think Trump would be all for recounts seeing how he says 3 million illegals voted against him and all. :lol:

Exactly. That is what is so strange about this whole thing. Trump is a man who told us the election was rigged before a vote was ever cast on election day. Then, simply because he won some states, he is more than happy to proclaim his victory despite trying to smear the popular vote results with a irresponsible claim devoid of verifiable evidence.

Then when a candidate on the ballot pays the money necessary to force a recount in Michigan and Pennsylvania, Trump opposes it with all his abilities and gets it stopped?

What is he afraid of?

So as I have said there is no evidence of fraud.
it was just a political stunt to try and rob electoral votes from trump
and keep him out of the white house.

Until we examine the entire process we really do not know who is the winner and who is the loser when so many serious questions have been raised.

I take from your comment every vote cast in the US should be recounted. Are you serious, you on the left are totally against voter ID and now you want to recount every vote. Really

I take from your comment every vote cast in the US should be recounted. Are you serious, you on the left are totally against voter ID and now you want to recount every vote. Really

I have never ever been against voters having identify themselves to vote.

I would think Trump himself would want a recount since he himself raised such a doubt about the elections legitimacy.

What is it he is now so afraid of?

I thought the Democrats have said that there never has been, is or never will be voter fraud, so we don't need voter ID.

I have never ever been against voters having identify themselves to vote.

I would think Trump himself would want a recount since he himself raised such a doubt about the elections legitimacy.

What is it he is now so afraid of?

I thought you guys said that the discussion of rigging was dangerous.

Exactly. That is what is so strange about this whole thing. Trump is a man who told us the election was rigged before a vote was ever cast on election day. Then, simply because he won some states, he is more than happy to proclaim his victory despite trying to smear the popular vote results with a irresponsible claim devoid of verifiable evidence.

Then when a candidate on the ballot pays the money necessary to force a recount in Michigan and Pennsylvania, Trump opposes it with all his abilities and gets it stopped?

What is he afraid of?

The federal judge wrote:
"Most importantly, there is no credible evidence that any 'hack' occurred, and compelling evidence that Pennsylvania's voting system was not in any way compromised," Diamond wrote.

Get it......

The federal judge wrote:
"Most importantly, there is no credible evidence that any 'hack' occurred, and compelling evidence that Pennsylvania's voting system was not in any way compromised," Diamond wrote.

Get it......

How could he make that determination before looking at the most important evidence of all - the actual voting process and results?

http://6abc.com/politics/judge-rejects-green-partys-pennsylvania-recount-case/1651954/

"Most importantly, there is no credible evidence that any 'hack' occurred, and compelling evidence that Pennsylvania's voting system was not in any way compromised," Diamond wrote. He also said the lawsuit suffered from a lack of standing, potentially the lack of federal jurisdiction and an "unexplained, highly prejudicial" wait before filing last week's lawsuit.

This disaster of a mess is finally over.

Wi is almost done with Hillary gaining only 25 votes.
a federal judge threw out the MI recount
and another federal judge just through out PA recount.

About time. All that drama for nothing. A leftist disenfranchising the votes for a whole state, who wudda thunk it.

Suspicion of a hacked Pennsylvania election "borders on the irrational" while granting the Green Party's recount bid could "ensure that that no Pennsylvania vote counts" given Tuesday's federal deadline to certify the vote for the Electoral College, Diamond wrote.

"Most importantly, there is no credible evidence that any 'hack' occurred, and compelling evidence that Pennsylvania's voting system was not in any way compromised," Diamond wrote. He also said the lawsuit suffered from a lack of standing, potentially the lack of federal jurisdiction and an "unexplained, highly prejudicial" wait before filing last week's lawsuit.
https://www.apnews.com/322db08ce6eb...jects-Green-Party's-Pennsylvania-recount-case

Haven't you kept up with leftwing talking points? You're one of them.

Again - where did I say that?

Can you tell me what Trump was afraid of in these possible recounts?

You have to wonder why Trump worked so hard to stop or prevent recounts in both Michigan and Pennsylvania and what he was afraid was going to emerge from those recounts?

This doubt - caused by his own actions - simply increases the ugly stain of illegitimacy upon the Trump presidency.

The judge stopped the recount, not Trump. Diamond was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on June 16, 2004 by a vote of 97-0, and received his commission on June 22, 2004. He said something about the votes for a whole state not counting towards the election. I think she is a genius. She took advantage of a bunch of over emotional drama queens to build up her campaign funds.

Who said he was afraid?

Him putting his energies into stopping a recount of an election that he himself claimed was rigged -certainly shows he is afraid of something that he fears will come out of the process. Why else would he change 180 degrees from his previous position in just days?

Him putting his energies into stopping a recount of an election that he himself claimed was rigged -certainly shows he is afraid of something that he fears will come out of the process. Why else would he change 180 degrees from his previous position in just days?

Maybe to include the votes of the whole state of PA when the EC votes in a week. There is no way the recount would be finished, disenfranchising a whole state. I thought the Democrats were the party for the little guy's vote. I guess that is until the little guy doesn't vote for a Democrat.

Maybe to include the votes of the whole state of PA when the EC votes in a week. There is no way the recount would be finished, disenfranchising a whole state. I thought the Democrats were the party for the little guy's vote. I guess that is until the little guy doesn't vote for a Democrat.

The initial recount request in Pennsylvania was made when? The date I have is November 28. Here is the deadline for the submission offstage electoral votes

December 28, 2016

Electoral votes (the Certificates of Vote) must be received by the President of the Senate and the Archivist no later than nine days after the meeting of the electors. States face no legal penalty for failure to comply.

If votes are lost or delayed, the Archivist may take extraordinary measures to retrieve duplicate originals.

And just how do you know for a fact that it could not be done in time?

What is Trump afraid of coming out of this process? What is he trying to hide?

Last edited:
The initial recount request in Pennsylvania was made when? The date I have is November 28. Here is the deadline for the submission offstage electoral votes

And just how do you know for a fact that it could not be done in time?

What is Trump afraid of coming out of this process? What is he trying to hide?

The judge and the AG for the state have stated they would not be able to complete the recount. In PA there is needs to be a justifiable need for a recount. The lame excuses that Stein offered were..... well, lame. They were lame enough to challenge in court and were lame enough for the court to rule against her. Even the Democrat governor and the Democrat counties agreed that it was lame.
Federal judge Paul S. Diamond dismissed the Green Party candidate’s latest request in a ruling this morning, saying in his conclusion that “granting her later than last minute request for relief, however, could well ensure that no Pennsylvania vote counts. Such a result would be both outrageous and completely unnecessary; as I have found, suspicion of a ‘hacked’ Pennsylvania election borders on the irrational.
Stein could technically appeal the Federal judge’s ruling but don’t expect that to happen. Time is running out. Pennsylvania’s Electors must certify their results by Tuesday.
“Remarkably,” Diamond wrote, “plaintiffs did not respond. Even though Dr. Stein was present and could have testified as to why she is an aggrieved party with standing to seek a recount, she was not called.”
Pennsylvania recount: Judge tosses Jill Stein's latest lawsuit

The judge also wrote he was puzzled by Stein’s actions after filing a lawsuit with Pennsylvania’s Commonwealth Court. Diamond wrote the suit was withdrawn after a $1 million bond was imposed, but the lower court told Stein’s side it would modify the bond amount with good cause, and Stein’s side never bothered to ask to reduce it.

Why would Trump not challenge a recount that isn't justified and would disenfranchise every vote for a whole state? It would be stupid not to. Do I really have to point that out to you?

Go home Jill, you’re drunk. Federal judge blocks Stein’s Pennsylvania recount – twitchy.com

What is he afraid of?
How did trump get it stopped?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom