• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge rejects Green Party's PA recount

ludin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
http://6abc.com/politics/judge-rejects-green-partys-pennsylvania-recount-case/1651954/

"Most importantly, there is no credible evidence that any 'hack' occurred, and compelling evidence that Pennsylvania's voting system was not in any way compromised," Diamond wrote. He also said the lawsuit suffered from a lack of standing, potentially the lack of federal jurisdiction and an "unexplained, highly prejudicial" wait before filing last week's lawsuit.

This disaster of a mess is finally over.

Wi is almost done with Hillary gaining only 25 votes.
a federal judge threw out the MI recount
and another federal judge just through out PA recount.

http://6abc.com/politics/judge-rejects-green-partys-pennsylvania-recount-case/1651954/

"Most importantly, there is no credible evidence that any 'hack' occurred, and compelling evidence that Pennsylvania's voting system was not in any way compromised," Diamond wrote. He also said the lawsuit suffered from a lack of standing, potentially the lack of federal jurisdiction and an "unexplained, highly prejudicial" wait before filing last week's lawsuit.

Yay for activist judges!

Yay for activist judges!

show where the activism is. ol yea you can't.
people everywhere said this was a long shot.

She didn't follow the PA law.
She missed the deadline.
She was having her case thrown out at the local level and didn't follow proper
court procedures.

Yay for activist judges!

Hmm... as opposed to some loon "actively" demanding the recount of an entire state in under a week out of curiosity. ;)

I have to side with the judge on this one.

Tangmo, call your office. :lamo

What a joke that was....

You have to wonder why Trump worked so hard to stop or prevent recounts in both Michigan and Pennsylvania and what he was afraid was going to emerge from those recounts?

This doubt - caused by his own actions - simply increases the ugly stain of illegitimacy upon the Trump presidency.

I think all states that are decided by a certain, minimal percentage should automatically be recounted.

You have to wonder why Trump worked so hard to stop or prevent recounts in both Michigan and Pennsylvania and what he was afraid was going to emerge from those recounts?

This doubt - caused by his own actions - simply increases the ugly stain of illegitimacy upon the Trump presidency.

:lamo You're conspiracy theories don't matter....

Evidence?
I think he was being sarcastic. Or going for ironic. or one of the other '..ronics'.

I would bet his point would be to sarcastically refute the notion that there ARE activist judges. He PROBABLY gets that there is no assertion that ALL judges are activist judges but that in fact some judges ARE.

Only in your mind. Illegitimate calls for recounts by a person with no standing. Why shouldn't Trump have come out against this purposeful attempt to rob him of his lawful victory?

:lamo You're conspiracy theories don't matter....
I would love to see President Trump order a review of the election process and voter roles. Starting on the left coast, check every vote cast and the legal status of said individual. Maybe have Sheriff Clarke and Joe Arpaio head up the review process.

I would love to see President Trump order a review of the election process and voter roles. Starting on the left coast, check every vote cast and the legal status of said individual. Maybe have Sheriff Clarke and Joe Arpaio head up the review process.

Wow...You are a sadist...Really want to see liberal heads explode right? hahaha....Problem with that is that we would have to then uncover where all the cockroaches from ACORN went into to continue their election rigging....

Only in your mind. Illegitimate calls for recounts by a person with no standing. Why shouldn't Trump have come out against this purposeful attempt to rob him of his lawful victory?

Here is the Michigan law

Any candidate at the county, city, township or village level “who believes he or she is aggrieved on account of fraud or mistake in the canvass or returns of the votes” may apply for a recount of one or multiple precincts with the appropriate canvassing board. Mich. Comp. Laws 168.862.
Michigan Recount Laws | CEIMN: Citizens for Election Integrity ...

Stein clearly qualifies as any candidate who believes as her belief is totally up to her and nobody else. It does not say you have to finish second or have a chance at winning.

Its not in my mind as I have nothing to do with the recount. I did not start it... I did not fund it ... I did not fight it ... I did not stop it. So I had nothing to do with it so my mind is not the issue.

What is the issue is why Donald Trump has fought so hard to prevent recounts in both Michigan and Pennsylvania and what is he afraid will emerge from both of those efforts?

I think all states that are decided by a certain, minimal percentage should automatically be recounted.

some states already are. even PA is but the percentage is .5% in most cases.

The fact that you read and answer his posts suggests otherwise.

So you agree that he was just spewing conspiracy theory....Thanks for agreeing with me...

Wow...You are a sadist...Really want to see liberal heads explode right? hahaha....Problem with that is that we would have to then uncover where all the cockroaches from ACORN went into to continue their election rigging....
Hey...I'm all for cleaning up the process. I think serious prison time should be in order for anyone that falsifies election and voting data and I dont care which party they belong to.

Its not in my mind as I have nothing to do with the recount. I did not start it... I did not fund it ... I did not fight it ... I did not stop it. So I had nothing to do with it so my mind is not the issue.

What is the issue is why Donald Trump has fought so hard to prevent recounts in both Michigan and Pennsylvania and what is he afraid will emerge from both of those efforts?

What should be at issue is why sore losers so want to throw crap against the wall like monkey's at the zoo....

So you agree that he was just spewing conspiracy theory....Thanks for agreeing with me...

I did not even read his theory.

But I suggest that in future if you want to claim that you don't care about something - paying attention to it is an awful way to prove it.

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

What should be at issue is why sore losers so want to throw crap against the wall like monkey's at the zoo....

Until we examine the entire process we really do not know who is the winner and who is the loser when so many serious questions have been raised. Trump could have had some of these answered via the recounts. But he fought them tooth and nail.

So what is he afraid of emerging from these recounts?

some states already are. even PA is but the percentage is .5% in most cases.

Fair enough.

But considering the stakes - I think at least 1% is probably a better number.

Back
Top Bottom