• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden Foolishly Played The Straw-Man To Push The Spread-The-Wealth Agenda In SOTU Speech

Shouldn't I be saying that to you? Seems you're running around this thread trying to light any fire you can. 🔥 I've seen nothing but buckets of water thrown on you so far. 🚰Good luck!! Someone will catch fire, just be patient. Keep at it!!
Thanks. I will do just that. Bringing common sense to the discussion is a hobby of mine.

Enjoy...

During his State Of The Union Speech tonight, Biden stupidly propped up a flimsy straw-man :

" . . . The working people who built this country pay more into Social Security than millionaires and billionaires do. It's not fair. We have two ways to go - - republicans can cut social security and give more tax breaks to the wealthy . . . [boos from Congress] . . .Well, that's the proposal . . . .[boooing continues] . . Oh no? You guys don't want another$2 Trillion tax cut?? . . I kind of thought that was what your plan was. . [Congress booing continues] . . . Well, that's good to hear. You're not going to cut another $2 Trillion from the super-wealthy - - that's good to hear. . . .

Only the most profoundly ignorant dems will fall for this straw-man nonsense.

It's over for Joe Biden. There simply is no path to victory for this failed politician.
I agree we should absolutely spread the wealth, remove the stigma of wealth as status. The wealthy will find other ways to measure status.

I agree we should absolutely spread the wealth, remove the stigma of wealth as status. The wealthy will find other ways to measure status.
Spreading the wealth is tricky.

Who should be in charge of spreading wealth? Dems like to spread wealth to undeserving, underproductive or non-productive people. Republicans like to spread wealth to undeserving corporations, military contractors and corn farmers.

Which spreading of wealth is better in your opinion? (hint: both are dumb)

Spreading the wealth is tricky.

Who should be in charge of spreading wealth? Dems like to spread wealth to undeserving, underproductive or non-productive people. Republicans like to spread wealth to undeserving corporations, military contractors and corn farmers.

Which spreading of wealth is better in your opinion? (hint: both are dumb)
We should spread it to those that ask for it.

I'd like some of your wealth.

Would you give government the power/authority to take your wealth and spread it to me?
Can't speak for my captive @brianpatrick but I certainly would. I think in a communal mindset, and would love to gather together, collect funds, and bring down costs of things like healthcare, medicine, education, housing, etc. All those thing that make a difference in our quality of life. Of course the extra, we could all keep for ourselves, just share in the basics, and make them affordable for all.

*I used to do the same with roommates. In order to get cheaper items like toilet paper, detergent, we'd buy bulk together and all take from it. It was way more affordable, and we all got toilet paper. There wasn't anyone saying, you're ass is all shitty because you're too lazy to wipe it, or anything like that. It was nice.

I'd like some of your wealth.

Would you give government the power/authority to take your wealth and spread it to me?
These kinds of questions presuppose that one's wealth is somehow created in a vacuum, rather than the reality, which is that all wealth is created with the support of an entire society - a society to which one is beholden for that wealth.

These kinds of questions presuppose that one's wealth is somehow created in a vacuum,
There's an interesting straw-man. I never said (or even implied) that 'one's wealth is somehow created in a vacuum'.

The question: Would you give government the power/authority to take your wealth and spread it to me? is a fair question. Many people would, and one has already admitted that.

rather than the reality, which is that all wealth is created with the support of an entire society - a society to which one is beholden for that wealth.
Nah. My wealth came the hard way - - I earned it with long hours of hard work.

I could never understand why non-productive people feel that the government has the power to take the earnings from a productive person and redistribute it to a non-productive person. It makes no sense.

There's an interesting straw-man. I never said (or even implied) that 'one's wealth is somehow created in a vacuum'.
Perhaps without intending to, that is exactly what you implied - and continue to below ...
The question: Would you give government the power/authority to take your wealth and spread it to me? is a fair question. Many people would, and one has already admitted that.

Nah. My wealth came the hard way - - I earned it with long hours of hard work ...
... in a vacuum !!! In a world with no infrastructure. A world with no communication. A world without the social support of things like police, fire, plowed roads, ... a world with no economy to provide you with your wealth ..... in other words, you "earned it" in an imaginary world. Got it.
I could never understand why non-productive people feel that the government has the power to take the earnings from a productive person and redistribute it to a non-productive person. It makes no sense.
I could never understand how wealthy people, by their own definition, imagine themselves to be "self made". I can only assume they've never taken a moment to simply look around ... and perhaps give thanks to their good fortune. Without even knowing what you did to achieve your wealth, I'd wager that you could not have had the same outcome had you been born and grown up in some backwater berg in Burma.

Read Biden's straw-man questions leveled at republican Representatives in the Original Post. This is what "ignorant left wingers" want - for Joe Biden to misrepresent what the republicans actually proposed, and to make them look like buffoons.

Thankfully, (and predictably) Joe's straw-man backfired on him. Informed people know who the real buffoon is.

Huh??? Are you trying to prop up your own straw-man?
Try to make some logic; your words are out of touch/reality.

. . . . I could never understand how wealthy people, by their own definition, imagine themselves to be "self made". I can only assume they've never taken a moment to simply look around ... and perhaps give thanks to their good fortune.
That's a bad assumption. Many successful people are grateful to their parents who instilled the motivation to succeed, and grateful to their mentors who taught them the skills to succeed.
Without even knowing what you did to achieve your wealth, I'd wager that you could not have had the same outcome had you been born and grown up in some backwater berg in Burma.
Pure speculation. You pretend to know about things which clearly, you don't.
Try to make some logic; your words are out of touch/reality.
Now there's an unexpectedly vapid response.

That's a bad assumption. Many successful people are grateful to their parents who instilled the motivation to succeed, and grateful to their mentors who taught them the skills to succeed.
Could the whole point of my post have gone any farther over your head? It's hard to imagine.
😊
The expected dodge of someone who clearly doesn't know themselves.

Now there's an unexpectedly vapid response.
Now here's a vapid comment!

Now here's a vapid comment!
Nah, you obviously don't know what the word vapid even means.

You made the bad assumption:
I could never understand how wealthy people, by their own definition, imagine themselves to be "self made". I can only assume they've never taken a moment to simply look around ... and perhaps give thanks to their good fortune. . . .
I pointed out that it was bad assumption, AND I pointed out WHY it was a bad assumption:

That's a bad assumption. Many successful people are grateful to their parents who instilled the motivation to succeed, and grateful to their mentors who taught them the skills to succeed. . .

That is not vapid. That is an intelligently formulated argument based on logic and critical thinking. Vapid means something that is not challenging, or flat, dull.

You're bitter because you lost the argument, and you then mistakenly claimed my argument is vapid, when in fact the opposite is true.

You're failing really bad here. You'll probably double-down on vapid, though.

Nah, you obviously don't know what the word vapid even means.

You made the bad assumption:

I pointed out that it was bad assumption, AND I pointed out WHY it was a bad assumption:

That is not vapid. That is an intelligently formulated argument based on logic and critical thinking. Vapid means something that is not challenging, or flat, dull.

You're bitter because you lost the argument, and you then mistakenly claimed my argument is vapid, when in fact the opposite is true.

You're failing really bad here. You'll probably double-down on vapid, though.
LOL Grow up a high school diploma

Back
Top Bottom