• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

January Six was a Set-Up?

Was the riot on 01/06/21 set-up by Democrats who wanted it to happen?

• Total voters
I don't know what those people believed. Seems that you both are mind readers. Well bully for you.

Their intentions were very clear from their own signs, words, screams, and interviews that day.

So...you dont believe that they believed the lie and were acting on it? Yes or no? It doesnt take mind-reading to believe their own words...so you dont believe them either? 😄

House Report: J6 Committee Hid Troves Of Records And Testimony Undermining Democrat Conspiracies​

Lol.

The Federalist isn't a valid source. That crap has been debunked.

• Overall, we rate The Federalist Questionable and far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right and promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, and numerous failed fact checks.

Detailed Report​

Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy Theories, Propaganda, Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

House Report: J6 Committee Hid Troves Of Records And Testimony Undermining Democrat Conspiracies​

Why wouldnt the people just make their testimony and evidence available again? Why arent they stepping up to call out the missing records and testimony? It doesnt just vanish...Esp if it is beneficial to mango MAGAt magnet...why wouldnt they just produce it again?

You are seriously gonna pretend that Jan 6th would have happened if Trump had not lied about the election?

Well bully for you living in a fantasy world

Their intentions were very clear from their own signs, words, screams, and interviews that day.

So...you dont believe that they believed the lie and were acting on it? Yes or no? It doesnt take mind-reading to believe their own words...so you dont believe them either? 😄

No, what I'm saying is that it's a hypothetical which doesn't have a fact driven answer, and likely never will.

How would you test what would have happened 'If Trump had not lied about the election'? You can't. It's impossible.

What we have is what you think, your opinion. Nothing more.

No, what I'm saying is that it's a hypothetical which doesn't have a fact driven answer, and likely never will.

How would you test what would have happened 'If Trump had not lied about the election'? You can't. It's impossible.

No its pretty obvious the "stop the steal" rally would not have happened without Trump lying about the election being stolen

This doesn't require much brain power to figure out.

Of course it does...in their own words. LOL

It doesnt need testing...you act like a person's own testimony in court isnt valid. Unless proven otherwise...it's accepted, no "tests". But I guess you wouldnt... 😄 I mean, why believe what people tell you, right? And when so many tell you the same thing. Cool beans...you dont have to 😄 (y)

Chancely saw Trumps tweet. Trump didn't have a clue about the Shaman. Trump was deplatformed on January 6 at about 2pm.

Scaffold was a prop and timing and allowance an idication that it was planned. The "bombs" were planted in the hours before also props for a narrative already written.

Well, yes it was planned. What clues tell you who was behind it?

I'm still asking why didn't trump stop the riot when he saw it on FOX at about 2 p.m.?

Who says anyone 'told' them anything?
You don't know.

Screen_Shot_2022-07-12_at_6.01.12_PM.png

A political rally was announced, and individuals decided to attend. 🤷‍♂️
Who announced the rally?

Why did people attend Biden's political rally 3/14 in Saginaw? Who told them to go to Saginaw?

The Biden campaign told them.

Why does anyone attend a political rally?

Why does anyone bring spears, knives, pipes and even firearms to a political rally?

Reactions: lwf

Then you can explain how the riot could possibly have happened without trump.

As in all social science studies, we can compare prior examples to contemporary ones: We had 44 presidents before him who participated in a peaceful transfer of power. What's different about 2021?

It also relates to the legal phrase, "if it were not for". That means, if it was not for Trump, a riot would not have occurred.

As in all social science studies, we can compare prior examples to contemporary ones: We had 44 presidents before him who participated in a peaceful transfer of power. What's different about 2021?

It also relates to the legal phrase, "if it were not for". That means, if it was not for Trump, a riot would not have occurred.
You're wasting your time.. Trumpsters won't blame Trump for anything..

If he literally shot someone on 5th Avenue they would excuse him.. Saying it was a faulty gun or he was just kidding...

Well, yes it was planned. What clues tell you who was behind it?

I'm still asking why didn't trump stop the riot when he saw it on FOX at about 2 p.m.?
Who stood to benefit is a big clue. In no way could Trump or MAGA have benefited.
If I remember right the NJ State Police arrived before thhe National Guard. It wasn't Trump holding the guard back.
The scaffold and bombs were positioned before Pence turned.

Do you think/believe that 01/06/21 was/could have been a set-up?

That Pelosi not only hoped for it, but did everything possible to make it happen?
So you're trying to blame Nancy Pelosi, for the actions of Donald Trump's supporters who were instigated by Trump because it was politically advantageous to Liberals?

News flash buddy, When you commit a blatant crime against our country that is your fault. That's like breaking into someone's home or stealing their car and saying it's their fault for not locking it better.
Nope, sorry, you still committed that crime.
You don't get to rape a woman because she got drunk and passed out in your bed, and you don't get to ****ing storm the capital because you think there should have been more police.
Trump and his supporter's crimes are their own fault, no one elses.

Who stood to benefit is a big clue. In no way could Trump or MAGA have benefited.
If I remember right the NJ State Police arrived before thhe National Guard. It wasn't Trump holding the guard back.
The scaffold and bombs were positioned before Pence turned.

If the riot was something trump didn't want, and if it was favorable to the Dems, why didn't he stop the rioters when he realized what was happening?

Why would the Dems start a riot on the day their candidate was going to be certified as the winner? What motive would they have had in stopping the EC?

How did the Dems trick trump into sending the crowd at the Ellipse to the capitol?

How did the Dems trick trump into tweeting for his supporters to come to DC?

Does it make sense that they tricked him?

You're wasting your time.. Trumpsters won't blame Trump for anything..

If he literally shot someone on 5th Avenue they would excuse him.. Saying it was a faulty gun or he was just kidding...
I have the day off and I'm enjoying the weather here. Also enjoying the denial and cognitive dissonance.

Below is a YouTube short by a Canadian civil attorney, Viva Frei. He succinctly explains issues with 01/06/21:

So, the poll question.

Do you think/believe that 01/06/21 was/could have been a set-up?

That Pelosi not only hoped for it, but did everything possible to make it happen?

Some in the Forum may be aware of the Capitol Police Chiefs statements about how this was allowed to happen.

Some may have seen the 01/06/21 video of a Capitol Police Lieutenant working the Capitol perimeter complaining they were set up.

Some may have seen the actual video of rubber bullets being fired (and the injuries incurred), concussion and smoke grenades being tossed and launched by grenade launcher into the crowd, prior to the crowd breaking through the last barrier below the stairs.

That before this the crowd remained peaceful and behind the last barricades at the bottom of the steps.

Yes?

No?

Maybe?

Unsure/Not enough info to be sure.

Good call.

So publicizing a political rally is a condemnation of guilt of incitement somehow?

Which politician hasn't done that?

Who announced the rally?
Immaterial and irrelevant.

The Biden campaign told them.
Exactly. Same as above, yet you believe it is equivalent of guilt of some sort. Guess what? Its not.

None of the words spears, knives, pipes or firearms are even in your citation. Oops.

Those that chose to riot did on their own accord and are responsible for their own actions.
Trying to pawn off responsibility for one's actions onto someone else is lame, especially when done so as a third party.

As pointed out previously, the facts that entities who were not authorized to change election laws and regulations, reserved for only the state legislatures, did, which is reason to object. Now, granted, that's not any sort of justification to riot, and especially not at the Capitol.

I don't believe that's a 'legal phrase'. It is, however, a language idiom. Just not a legal one, but I may be wrong.
If you can cite it as a legal phrase, I'll accept that.

So publicizing a political rally is a condemnation of guilt of incitement somehow?
If it's based on lies and deception that's not what a president should be doing. Your 'somehow' and 'incitement' go together ... somehow.
This is a super big fat false equivalence.

Which politician hasn't done that?
We've had 44 presidents that participated in a peaceful transfer of power. So 44 of them have not done that.

Immaterial and irrelevant.
Only because you don't like the answer.

Exactly. Same as above, yet you believe it is equivalent of guilt of some sort. Guess what? Its not.
The guilt is described in the Indictment. Comparing Saginaw to J6 is disingenuous.

None of the words spears, knives, pipes or firearms are even in your citation. Oops.
There's no oops. There were rioters found with makeshift weapons, including spears, knives pipes and even firearms. . There's video of them describing how they planned to use them.

So why would someone bring weapons to a political rally? Did anyone bring weapons to Saginaw? That's a false equivalence I just asked about.

Those that chose to riot did on their own accord and are responsible for their own actions.
Trying to pawn off responsibility for one's actions onto someone else is lame, especially when done so as a third party.
They never would have been there if trump hadn't tweeted that they should come based on his lies about fraud.
You're saying they're individually responsible for what they did and I agree. And trump is responsible for his part too. If they hadn't been there nothing would have been in the news.

So who asked them to come to DC on the 6th?

As pointed out previously, the facts that entities who were not authorized to change election laws and regulations, reserved for only the state legislatures, did, which is reason to object. Now, granted, that's not any sort of justification to riot, and especially not at the Capitol.
Ok. Your point was that all politicians promote their campaign rallies. But there's nobody else who sat in a chair watching his supporters mob the Capitol.

I don't believe that's a 'legal phrase'. It is, however, a language idiom. Just not a legal one, but I may be wrong.
If you can cite it as a legal phrase, I'll accept that.
That's not really important enough.

Trump says those that chose to riot are hostages and patriots.

Hostages are not responsible.

Are they hostages?

Are they patriots?

Is Trump a liar?

Back
Top Bottom