• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

January Six was a Set-Up?

Was the riot on 01/06/21 set-up by Democrats who wanted it to happen?

• Total voters
So why didn't trump stop the riot when he saw it on FOX at about 2 p.m.?
Let me predict what how this poster will respond:

Lie #1: Trump had no influence over the rioters.
Lie #2: Nancy Pelosi was in charge of Capitol security, and she refused to call in the National Guard <-- this lie is my favorite :)

Sorry, didn't see your link, I appreciate that. And how does that make it someone else's fault?

Why did they want a permit near the capitol on J6?

Who gave them idea to come to DC on J6?

Were they there because they believed Trump's lies about fraud?
If you want to have a civil discussion, such as what we've largely had so far, that's fine.
This peppering of 'gotcha' questions starts to get the feel of an interrogation, and I'm not down with that.
K?

If you want to have a civil discussion, such as what we've largely had so far, that's fine.
This peppering of 'gotcha' questions starts to get the feel of an interrogation, and I'm not down with that.
K?

No, not ok.
You can answer the questions.

Who gave them idea to come to DC on J6?

Were they there because they believed Trump's lies about fraud?

Responsible? Each person who took to rioting was responsible for their own actions.

Why did they riot?

Because they believed the lie that the election was stolen. Who told them that lie, over and over? Mango MAGAt magnet. He reinforced it clearly that day, with highly inflammatory statements like:

-- “When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules."
-- “You will have an illegitimate president … We can’t let that happen.”

He also lied and told the crowd that day that Pence could and should:

-- "Do the right thing"
-- "Do his duty."

So why didn't trump stop the riot when he saw it on FOX at about 2 p.m.?
That was about the time that Trump was deplatformed on Twitter. He did post a video that very few saw before he was taken down. Jacob Chansley can be seen encouraging people around him to leave the capitol.
Here's a link to a CBS news report about a group building a scaffold in the wee hours of January 6. If it wasn't one of Pelosi's visual effects why was it allowed to be built and stand? You'd think a platform with a field of view of the capitol would cause some concern.

Why did they riot?

Because they believed the lie that the election was stolen. Who told them that lie, over and over? Mango MAGAt magnet. He reinforced it clearly that day, with highly inflammatory statements like:
Yes, yes. This is the often parroted politically motivated push narrative.
Doesn't gain much traction with me, as most of those are lamestream media fabrications such as the latest 'bloodbath' lies, sames goes for the Russian Collusion hoax, and quite a few others.

-- “When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules."
-- “You will have an illegitimate president … We can’t let that happen.”

He also lied and told the crowd that day that Pence could and should:

-- "Do the right thing"
-- "Do his duty."

That was about the time that Trump was deplatformed on Twitter. He did post a video that very few saw before he was taken down. Jacob Chansley can be seen encouraging people around him to leave the capitol.

I'm not sure what you're describing. He was taken off Twitter after the 6th. How would he have taken a video of Chansley? Or do you mean something else?
Here's a link to a CBS news report about a group building a scaffold in the wee hours of January 6. If it wasn't one of Pelosi's visual effects why was it allowed to be built and stand? You'd think a platform with a field of view of the capitol would cause some concern.

Concern sure. But if that was hours before the riot, the riot hadn't started, and I think it was allowed at that time because a peaceful protest would be legal.
How is the scaffold an indicator of anything?

I'm still asking why didn't trump stop the riot when he saw it on FOX at about 2 p.m.?

Insisting on gotcha questions.

No idea. Probably a bunch of different reasons.

I have no unique insight into other's decision making processes. 🤷‍♂️
But you seem to believe that you do.

You're saying 'gotcha' only because you don't like the answer.

You're saying 'gotcha' only because you don't like the answer.
No, it's more your tailoring / cherry picking the questions to get the answers you want.

Such as the classic: "So, when did you stop beating your wife?"

Here's one for you:
Why did the lamestream media purposefully mischaracterize and take out of context a fragmentary quote to gin up fauxrage around the 'bloodbath' comment?

The same is for the 'Very Fine People' controversy, and as is the 'Drink bleach' controversy, all dishonest and inaccurate lamestream reporting.

Why do you continue to be so easily hoaxed?
Answer me that.

You are going to have to cite which state, and which state laws mandated that in it's text. Further, you are going to have to disprove that those weren't sources of voter fraud.
It was Texas, I believe. And the way logic works, you don’t ask someone to prove a negative. But really, GOP leaders is on record as saying they don’t want lots of people to vote, because it is almost axiomatic that large turnout favors democrats.
This is yet another selective context propaganda. There's an election regulation which prohibits any campaign from providing anything to voters waiting in line. In the mean time, a non-political, non-profit provides or provided water, and there is no issue, if I recall correctly. Try again with the whole truth would do you some good.
Fine in prohibiting a partisan group from campaigning in any manner whatsoever to those waiting in line.
One man's statement does not categorize an entire political party.
Should the entire Democrat party be measured by Frankin's groping? Bill Clinton's multiple 'bimbo eruptions'?
It was Trump, Paul Weyrich, and GOP
officials in various states that have admitted that large turnout is bad for the GOP. Again, what they are doing resembles what happened after Reconstruction in the South, tho by no means as vicious. Demographics have pushed the GOP to try to limit the vote. Why else would the states that used to be covered by the Voting Rights Act fairly quickly establish restrictions as soon as the Supreme Court said the Act was no longer needed, thus IMHO proving THE supremes wrong? Why didn’t democrats rush to limit the vote? When leaders of the GOP say they don’t want large turnout, I believe them.
I think you'd need to delve into the actual SCOTUS decision text before coming to that conclusion.

I don't believe in the liberal myth of voter suppression, especially not when those same groups who are supposed to suppressed are recording votes in ever greater numbers. The facts undercut and undermine this liberal myth.
I assume that republicans’ actions are a big motivator, and a great organizing tool. Again, why don’t you believe the party’s leadership when they themselves tell you their motivation? But don’t believe me. Just try searching under something like “why don’t republicans want many people to vote.” You’ll hear it loud and clear from the horse’s (elephant’s?) mouth.

No, it's more your tailoring / cherry picking the questions to get the answers you want.

Such as the classic: "So, when did you stop beating your wife?"
Ok I'll answer it for you.

Trump is responsible for the riot because he lied about fraud and tweeted for his followers to come to DC on the 6th. The riot could not possibly have happened without trump.

Here's one for you:
Why did the lamestream media purposefully mischaracterize and take out of context a fragmentary quote to gin up fauxrage around the 'bloodbath' comment?

The same is for the 'Very Fine People' controversy, and as is the 'Drink bleach' controversy, all dishonest and inaccurate lamestream reporting.

Why do you continue to be so easily hoaxed?
Answer me that.

Because it's a thin line between saying it's about cars, and it's easy to interpret as a dog whistle. I understand how it was misunderstood. I believe he was meandering through the words and didn't realize what it would sound like. I believe he meant the auto industry, he is just not very articulate or focused and it came out sound as if it was another threat.

"Fine people" was a defense of racism.

The bleach comment was more of his unfocused rambling, I think it was a reckless statement, but I'm not sure he meant what it sounded like. I think he was just speculating on what was possible. I also think it was irresponsible to speculate at that time about that topic.

Ok I'll answer it for you.

Trump is responsible for the riot because he lied about fraud and tweeted for his followers to come to DC on the 6th. The riot could not possibly have happened without trump.
This is a hypothetical assumption / assertion by you, echoing the left's politically motivated push narrative.
If you want to convince me, show me a charge for incitement filed, or better yet, a conviction of the same.

Because it's a thin line between saying it's about cars, and it's easy to interpret as a dog whistle.
LOL. This shit performance happens with such frequency that it isn't a coincidence, the few examples I cited go to pattern and MO.

I understand how it was misunderstood. I believe he was meandering through the words and didn't realize what it would sound like. I believe he meant the auto industry, he is just not very articulate or focused and it came out sound as if it was another threat.

"Fine people" was a defense of racism.
False. factually false. It was in reference to the 2 sides one for taking down civil war statues and the other against doing so.
Where is the racism in that?
It was falsely hoaxed by the media as a comment about the Neo Nazis who were marching there, which, in the same interview, were roundly denounced, which, of course, was silently dropped.

The bleach comment was more of his unfocused rambling, I think it was a reckless statement, but I'm not sure he meant what it sounded like. I think he was just speculating on what was possible. I also think it was irresponsible to speculate at that time about that topic.
Yeah, sure. I got a bridge to sell you.

How could he have?

1. He could have made the "we love you" video at 2:00 pm instead of doing so 3 hours later.

2. There is a broadcast booth down the hall from the oval office that he could use to broadcast to the public, and the rioters, that they should vacate the building.

3. He could have tweeted "Leave the building, go home", in any number of words or phrases.

He tweeted about Mike Pence when the VP was in hiding. That tweet prompted the rioters on the west side to start chanting that he should be hanged. After that, Ivanka and others were trying to convince him to stop the riot. After an argument, trump agreed to tweet twice to stay peaceful. Which , tweeting to stay peaceful is not saying 'leave'.

This is a hypothetical assumption / assertion by you, echoing the left's politically motivated push narrative.
If you want to convince me, show me a charge for incitement filed, or better yet, a conviction of the same.

LOL. This shit performance happens with such frequency that it isn't a coincidence, the few examples I cited go to pattern and MO.

False. factually false. It was in reference to the 2 sides one for taking down civil war statues and the other against doing so.
Where is the racism in that?
It was falsely hoaxed by the media as a comment about the Neo Nazis who were marching there, which, in the same interview, were roundly denounced, which, of course, was silently dropped.

Yeah, sure. I got a bridge to sell you.

You didn't say who was responsible for having them come to DC.

Who told them come to DC?

I'm not sure what you're describing. He was taken off Twitter after the 6th. How would he have taken a video of Chansley? Or do you mean something else?

Concern sure. But if that was hours before the riot, the riot hadn't started, and I think it was allowed at that time because a peaceful protest would be legal.
How is the scaffold an indicator of anything?

I'm still asking why didn't trump stop the riot when he saw it on FOX at about 2 p.m.?
Chancely saw Trumps tweet. Trump didn't have a clue about the Shaman. Trump was deplatformed on January 6 at about 2pm.

Scaffold was a prop and timing and allowance an idication that it was planned. The "bombs" were planted in the hours before also props for a narrative already written.

Yes, yes. This is the often parroted politically motivated push narrative.
Doesn't gain much traction with me, as most of those are lamestream media fabrications such as the latest 'bloodbath' lies, sames goes for the Russian Collusion hoax, and quite a few others.

Doesnt matter if it is meaningful to you. He lied...they believed it and acted on it. Do you dispute this?

You didn't say who was responsible for having them come to DC.

Who told them come to DC?
Who says anyone 'told' them anything?

A political rally was announced, and individuals decided to attend. 🤷‍♂️

Why did people attend Biden's political rally 3/14 in Saginaw? Who told them to go to Saginaw?

Why does anyone attend a political rally?

Doesnt matter if it is meaningful to you. He lied...they believed it and acted on it. Do you dispute this?
My position on that election hasn't changed.
There were changes to the various state's election laws and regulations which were made by entities other than the State legislatures, the only entity authorized to do so.
This position having the benefit of being factual and non-partisan.

Who says anyone 'told' them anything?

A political rally was announced, and individuals decided to attend. 🤷‍♂️

Why did people attend Biden's political rally 3/14 in Saginaw? Who told them to go to Saginaw?

Why does anyone attend a political rally?
There was a political rally because trump lied about the election and these people believed him

My position on that election hasn't changed.
There were changes to the various state's election laws and regulations which were made by entities other than the State legislatures, the only entity authorized to do so.
This position having the benefit of being factual and non-partisan.

Can you please just answer the question?

House Report: J6 Committee Hid Troves Of Records And Testimony Undermining Democrat Conspiracies​

There was a political rally because trump lied about the election and these people believed him

Can you please just answer the question?

I don't know what those people believed. Seems that you both are mind readers. Well bully for you.

I don't know what those people believed. Seems that you both are mind readers. Well bully for you.
You are seriously gonna pretend that Jan 6th would have happened if Trump had not lied about the election?

Well bully for you living in a fantasy world

Back
Top Bottom