• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's getting harder for criminals to commit election fraud...

Prevent election fraud.
How does one commit election fraud with a date? Unnecessary requirements violate the Voting Rights Act. It appears this ruling sends the case back, based on a narrow interpretation of the Materiality Principle. A date is no more necessary than a literacy test. It will be reversed.

...at least, in Pennsylvania.

Of course, the criminals aren't beaten yet. They still have other election fraud tactics they can use, such as stuffing drop boxes with thousands of bogus ballots. But this ruling demands that they handwrite a valid date on every single one of them.

Well that sucks for Trump and the MAGA movement since they are the ones who actually commit voter fraud

How does one commit election fraud with a date? Unnecessary requirements violate the Voting Rights Act. It appears this ruling sends the case back, based on a narrow interpretation of the Materiality Principle. A date is no more necessary than a literacy test. It will be reversed.

Equal protection will kill this law... The district court already laid the foundation...

Most of the complaints from mail in voting comes from Trump supporters. My question is if the election was so rigged how did some MAGA GOP get elected? Wouldn't the election be rigged against the likes of Eli Crane (AZ), Gosar (AZ). They both won. Eli for the first time.

If we had only in person voting and Trump lost there would be those who would claim the election was rigged somehow. it is all bs. The evidence does not support that election fraud theory.

I have asked a couple of Trump supporters for links to the evidence on election fraud. I get crickets. They cannot/will not provide a link to a source. I suspect I know why.
Agreed. It's nonsense. Democratic strongholds like NY, Massachusetts and Oregon vote far less by mail than red states Iowa, Indiana and Wyoming.

Equal protection will kill this law... The district court already laid the foundation...
They dumped a bucket of breadcrumbs. Give the lawyers a minute to straighten out paperwork and attack it from a different angle.

Of course, the criminals aren't beaten yet. They still have other election fraud tactics they can use, such as stuffing drop boxes with thousands of bogus ballots. But this ruling demands that they handwrite a valid date on every single one of them.

We should outlaw the tactics that have, demonstratably, been tried first, like lying about evidence and having fake electors present forged documents. What's the GOP plan for stopping that?

Or, are you really silly enough to think undated ballots are the problem? I wonder if you even realize how absurd your selective outrage looks?

• The political affiliations are known for 165 defendants: 38.2% of those convicted were Democrats, 42.4% were Republicans, while the remainder were Independent, nonpartisan, or unaffiliated.
  • Donald Trump lost the 2016 popular vote by 2.8 million votes and the 2020 election by 7 million votes.

The explosion of mail-in voting in heavily Democratic urban enclaves in the swing States, fueled by big CTCL money, played a significant—if not a decisive—role in Biden's victory in 2020.

Elections won on the basis of mail-in voting and ballot harvesting tell us far more about the ingenuity and logistical efficiency of ballot harvesters and election activists, than about candidate quality, voter enthusiasm, voter policy preferences, and whether voters are persuaded by political messaging.
Opinion noted.

They dumped a bucket of breadcrumbs. Give the lawyers a minute to straighten out paperwork and attack it from a different angle.

From the district court opinion...

The individual Plaintiffs raise an equal protection claim against Secretary Schmidt. They allege that the Commonwealth applies the envelope Date Requirement to domestic mail voters but not to overseas and military voters. See, e.g., ECF No. 121, p. 36-7. For those ballots, any mistake or omission in the completion of the ballot does not invalidate the ballots “as long as the mistake or omission does not prevent determining whether a covered voter is eligible to vote.”ECF No. 121, at ¶ 86; 25 Pa. C.S. § 3515(a). Disenfranchising qualified domestic voters while simultaneously counting the ballots of non-domestic voters for the same error or omission on the voter declaration serves no legitimate or compelling governmental interest. Id. at ¶ 87. Of the remaining Defendant counties, none refused to count a military-overseas ballot due to a missing or incorrect date on the voter declaration. The Court notes the following, based on Plaintiffs ’responses to the RNC’s concise statement:

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 3.04.33 PM.png

I'm not going to hold your hand. Look up the definitions.

Read the court ruling. It's in the link.

sigh...

I'm not going to do your work for you.
So…you can’t explain why your own posts.

Got it.

We should outlaw the tactics that have, demonstratably, been tried first, like lying about evidence and having fake electors present forged documents. What's the GOP plan for stopping that?

Or, are you really silly enough to think undated ballots are the problem? I wonder if you even realize how absurd your selective outrage looks?
I'm not silly.

Those 60 cases you keep talking about do not affect the 2024 election. This case does.
So exactly how does throwing out the votes of people that forgot to write in the date on their ballot prevent election fraud? I really want to know. Surely any fraudulent voter would not be so careless. It appears to me that you relish the thought of throwing out legal votes and this has nothing to do with fraud.

Why are dates important for mail in domestic ballots but not mail in military and overseas ballots?
I’m still waiting for the difference between voter fraud and election fraud in relation to this thread…get in line 😂

(Don’t hold your breath, I have a feeling we may be waiting a while)

It sure is. Just ask this criminal that got busted and a wrist slap.

Let's not forgot what this thread is all about'

'It's getting harder for criminals to commit election fraud'

But it will always be there because:

Most Democrats truly believe that Election Fraud Is A Human Right
Considering one has to be registered to vote, your point is lacking any substance.

an idiotic thing to be concerned about. No one is going to exploit this to cheat (nor have we ever found wholesale cheating that could swing an election, so this is a solution for a problem that simply does not exist).

Democrats believe everyone should vote (access to the ballot box) and all votes should be counted. Republicans need to suppress the vote because they and their policies are just don't sell.

The biggest election fraud is something we can't control, that's Russian (and other) propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom