• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump the Second Coming?

Why on earth would I choose to vote for policies I disagree with just to vote against someone?

I can't imagine voting for anybody whose policies/platform I oppose.

Fair question, now that he has proclaimed as much. Oops, forhot the poll. That's ok, it's a yes or no.

Probably depends on which camp you're in. the Pro or Anti Trump camps. When Obama was president there was quite a lot of talk on this site that Democrats viewed him as their Messiah. I suppose it is all in the eye of the beholder and it depends on one's politics.

Classy.

The President was commenting on the trade war with China, and he accurately stated that other administrations had chosen not to take on China and its US job killing actions.

He said that apparently he was the one chosen to take China on, since he isn't afraid to so.

The great part was his trolling of the left by turning and looking up when he repeated I'm the chosen one.

The empty headed have responded exactly as expected.

The left's propaganda ministries must be kicking themselves for not figuring out earlier how easy it is to profit from simple click bait.

Who needs a bunch of journalists when they can just blow some dog whistles and the indoctrinated will coming running on cue.

Click, click, click, KA-CHING!

Hey did you know China is pissed at Canada because -- on the behalf of the US government -- we arrested an executive from Huawei? In retaliation, China arrested 2 innocent Canadiens. So far, the Trump Administration has done **** all to help us get our citizens back. Pompeo is talking to Trudeau today; let's see if Trump gives one iota of a ****.

Hey did you know China is pissed at Canada because -- on the behalf of the US government -- we arrested an executive from Huawei? In retaliation, China arrested 2 innocent Canadiens. So far, the Trump Administration has done **** all to help us get our citizens back. Pompeo is talking to Trudeau today; let's see if Trump gives one iota of a ****.

Boo Hoo.

If he's the second coming, I'm hoping he's the first going.

I'd say he's the second coming of Reagan. In modern history, there were 3 presidents that were actually proud to be Americans: JFK, Reagan, and Trump.
You might be right
Reagan almost tripled the debt and Trump is well on his way
Trump has run the debt up more in his first year then Obama did in 5 out of the 8 years he was in office and in Trumps second FY he has surpassed 3 of Obama's 8 years in office so far
Have a nice day

Probably depends on which camp you're in. the Pro or Anti Trump camps. When Obama was president there was quite a lot of talk on this site that Democrats viewed him as their Messiah. I suppose it is all in the eye of the beholder and it depends on one's politics.

Democrats may, or may not, have viewed Obama as a messiah. Obama never viewed himself that way. It's the fact that Trump is retweeting such a statement that I fine both bizarre and grandiose.

I don't recall Obama ever encouraging such pish posh.

Trump on the other hand.....

Yes they are. But they aren't children, are they? I'm confident they can hold their own. Apparently some of their citizens don't believe that.

So you believe the rest of the world can hold their own, but America can’t. That’s what you must believe, because that wasn’t the attitude of the right when Europe wouldn’t go into Iraq. It’s never about America is strong on their own when you want help.

So you believe the rest of the world can hold their own, but America can’t. That’s what you must believe, because that wasn’t the attitude of the right when Europe wouldn’t go into Iraq. It’s never about America is strong on their own when you want help.

So you think you can tell me what I believe?

The issue was a poster whining about China and how they believed President Trump was treating Canada.

I believe Canada is capable of standing up to China and dealing with the incarceration of Canadian citizens there.

Don't you?

So you think you can tell me what I believe?

The issue was a poster whining about China and how they believed President Trump was treating Canada.

I believe Canada is capable of standing up to China and dealing with the incarceration of Canadian citizens there.

Don't you?

An alliance standing up to China is more powerful than a single country.

You’re either a hypocrite when it comes to America expecting alliances to act as an ally, or you think America is weak. Those are your own words. In my own words, the facts suggest that Trump and his deplorables don’t actually respect our allies.

An alliance standing up to China is more powerful than a single country.

You’re either a hypocrite when it comes to America expecting alliances to act as an ally, or you think America is weak. Those are your own words. In my own words, the facts suggest that Trump and his deplorables don’t actually respect our allies.

WTH are you talking about? Are you responding to voices in your head?

My comment about Canada was specific, and involved one issue related to the arrest of the Huawei’s CEO Meng Wanzhou by Canada, and China's retaliation for doing so.

You're going on about allies and weakness and some other bizarre nonsense.

Try to return to earth and maybe there is something to discuss.

The President proves daily how easy it is to trigger those on the left.

Well, i thonk anybody who believes in God should be triggered. But the Christian Right has a new Messiah now.

Some on the left went way too far with a Messiah complex for Obama. However, he never said he was.

Did you see Trump when he trolled the press with this outside the White House?
Classic Trump....

Yes, classic Trump. Thinking he's the Messiah.

You ever notice how everybody liked Trump because he said what he meant, but now it's always "he didn't mean that?" Do you remember when acting like a troll was not a trait we liked in a President..

Your lame ass deflection is dismissed.

Well, i thonk anybody who believes in God should be triggered. But the Christian Right has a new Messiah now.

The President's comments had nothing to do with a Messiah.

But the left's response to their media masters proves who they pay homage to.

It was extremely creepy when I saw people referring to Obama as a rock star, or a Messiah, or giving them tingles up their legs, and so on.

But to his credit, Obama never once tried to wear those mantles. Ever. He never even was ignorant and childish enough to declare himself everyone's favorite President, like Trump does. He never babbled about committing murder and not losing a single vote, like Trump has. He didn't have the indecency to talk about visiting hospitals and people jumping out of their beds to tell him how much they love him, like Trump did yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom