• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is atheism just worship of the devil under different name?

Are you sure that you are not an atheist? You certainly act as you claim we do.

BTW, seeing the world does not take into account TV and movies. It requires actual action, something I suspect you have not done.
I'm certain I'm not an atheist. If I were an atheist, it would be in the mold of Camus and Sartre, however.
You're free to suspect anything you like, that God does not exist or that I've not traveled.

Namaste.

It is precisely this kind of equivocating sophistical evasion of responsibility that has, in part, given New Atheism a bad name.

If atheism is not based on a belief -- namely, the belief that God does not exist -- if atheism is not based on this belief, as pusillanimous New Atheists want to say, then atheism is not atheism.

Because they lack the courage of their convictions, because they fear being held accountable for their disbelief, New Atheists have undermined their own atheism.

The great serious-minded atheists of the past like Camus and Sartre have been betrayed by the generation of frivolous atheists spawned by loudmouth know-it-alls like Dawkins and Hitchens and Harris, the New Atheists of the 21st Century.

Dawkins, Hitchens and Harris have been kicking your collective asses for most of the twentieth and twenty-first century. No surprise that you're hysterical about them but if truth be told, I did not need any of them to come to my own conclusions about your brand name organized religious dogma.

So, try as you might to erect an edifice called "New Atheism", you cannot account for the growing masses of people that your kind managed to disillusion all on your own.
Your product is so defective that you're losing customers with no help from any celebrities whatsoever.
This has never been a test of the strength of atheism.
It's a revelation that you and your ilk have been selling a cheap parlor trick.
If I have a faith walk and innate spiritual strength, which I do, it is despite your best efforts, which I decided long ago were seriously wanting in ethics, sincerity, moral good and fidelity.

Dawkins, Hitchens and Harris have been kicking your collective asses for most of the twentieth and twenty-first century. No surprise that you're hysterical about them but if truth be told, I did not need any of them to come to my own conclusions about your brand name organized religious dogma.

So, try as you might to erect an edifice called "New Atheism", you cannot account for the growing masses of people that your kind managed to disillusion all on your own.
Your product is so defective that you're losing customers with no help from any celebrities whatsoever.
This has never been a test of the strength of atheism.
It's a revelation that you and your ilk have been selling a cheap parlor trick.
If I have a faith walk and innate spiritual strength, which I do, it is despite your best efforts, which I decided long ago were seriously wanting in ethics, sincerity, moral good and fidelity.
Philosophically Dawkins & Company aren't worth a single strand of Nietzsche's mustache, and when their disciples flap their lips about God they only imagine a bushy walrus palpitating ironically above aphoristic bons mots; in fact there's but an awkward terminal follicle sprouting from their philtrum above snarling bonbons mots.

As for the rest, my ilk wishes you Godspeed in your "faith walk," pilgrim. ;)

Re: Call the question

So you don't know, only believe a story that has been translated and edited far beyond anything that it might have originally said to support your beliefs.

Compelling argument.:thumbdown

I do know...it makes logical sense that no other explanation does...

Philosophically Dawkins & Company aren't worth a single strand of Nietzsche's mustache, and when their disciples flap their lips about God they only imagine a bushy walrus palpitating ironically above aphoristic bons mots; in fact there's but an awkward terminal follicle sprouting from their philtrum above snarling bonbons mots.

Yeah sure, your ilk used to ring my doorbell on peaceful Sunday mornings when the two of us were sleeping off the glow of our intimate couplings of the previous night.
Fortunately I installed a Ring™ Doorbell a few months ago, and a dedicated spare mini notebook computer so all I have to do is look over on the nightstand, without even lifting a finger to see who's there.

facebook-placeholder-49220f5423186ce44a3e4fd3bcefd170.jpg

And I finally decided one morning to answer the churchie missionaries stark naked with my johnson flapping in the early morning breeze.

They haven't been back since, but if a new group decides to try their luck, they'll get the hairy naked sasquatch treatment all over again. Makes my wife giggle, and I'll do ANYTHING to make her giggle. I live for her smiles.

The source of the term "New Atheist" has been posted above.
The only folks who seem unable or unwilling to "comprehend what Atheism is or just want to deny it" are the New Atheists.
The New Atheist says nothing. My time is spent pointing that out.

Namaste.
Your post is typical of New Atheist

As stated, there is no such thing as a :new atheist". It is a term made up[ by those like you who only want everyone to think as you do, no divergence allowed.

You continue to deny what atheism truly is so you continue to make up definitions that please you. Al you actually want is to force everyone to believe as you do, and your way is demonstrably false.

I'm certain I'm not an atheist. If I were an atheist, it would be in the mold of Camus and Sartre, however.
You're free to suspect anything you like, that God does not exist or that I've not traveled.

Namaste.

Don't have to believe as you do. Don't care what you believe. If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, fine. Some of us prefer the truth.

BTW, you do realize that supposedly this devil you are so familiar with, is said to be a fallen angel.

As stated, there is no such thing as a :new atheist". It is a term made up[ by those like you who only want everyone to think as you do, no divergence allowed.

You continue to deny what atheism truly is so you continue to make up definitions that please you. Al you actually want is to force everyone to believe as you do, and your way is demonstrably false.
New Atheism
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/New_Atheism

The New Atheists
https://www.iep.utm.edu/n-atheis/

Don't have to believe as you do. Don't care what you believe. If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, fine. Some of us prefer the truth.

BTW, you do realize that supposedly this devil you are so familiar with, is said to be a fallen angel.
What devil? Have I mentioned a devil?
Two angels are curled up on either side of me right now. They look like my tabby cats.

You act as though you are giving a new revelation...lol...God told us that long ago...

There needs to be listings for "The New Theocrats" because that's what I see on the rise in this country, people who won't take "NO" for an answer and who are bound and determined to demand that I buy their Sam's Club God Salesman discount card, OR ELSE.

And by the way, my home is located two hundred feet at the end of a private driveway on a cul de sac and cannot be seen from the street, so in case you're wondering, if I answer the door naked, the only people who can see me are the missionaries, and it's through my screen door, so it's not illegal.
That said, I might consider being merciful and just asking them next time if they want to see me naked first before opening the door.
After all, my objective is to make them GO AWAY and never come BACK again.

Those Ring™ Doorbells are awesome :)

There needs to be listings for "The New Theocrats" because that's what I see on the rise in this country, people who won't take "NO" for an answer and who are bound and determined to demand that I buy their Sam's Club God Salesman discount card, OR ELSE.

And by the way, my home is located two hundred feet at the end of a private driveway on a cul de sac and cannot be seen from the street, so in case you're wondering, if I answer the door naked, the only people who can see me are the missionaries, and it's through my screen door, so it's not illegal.
That said, I might consider being merciful and just asking them next time if they want to see me naked first before opening the door.
After all, my objective is to make them GO AWAY and never come BACK again.

Those Ring™ Doorbells are awesome :)
I'm a Roman Catholic. I never visit. So I'll never catch your show, alas!

Namaste.

Namaste.

See? The Catholics, say what you want about em, they're still relatively normal compared to the folks getting all the press these days.
If Catholic Charities rang my bell I'd answer like a normal person, probably even chip in ten or twenty bucks even though I left their church decades ago.
But when the wife and I were poor as church mice and living in a trailer park in Arkansas with the electric about to get shut off, Catholic Charities helped us out.

So despite all the massive sex scandals, I know that there are decent people in the Catholic Church. And I admire the new Pope, too.

Yeah sure, your ilk used to ring my doorbell on peaceful Sunday mornings when the two of us were sleeping off the glow of our intimate couplings of the previous night.
Fortunately I installed a Ring™ Doorbell a few months ago, and a dedicated spare mini notebook computer so all I have to do is look over on the nightstand, without even lifting a finger to see who's there.

facebook-placeholder-49220f5423186ce44a3e4fd3bcefd170.jpg

And I finally decided one morning to answer the churchie missionaries stark naked with my johnson flapping in the early morning breeze.

They haven't been back since, but if a new group decides to try their luck, they'll get the hairy naked sasquatch treatment all over again. Makes my wife giggle, and I'll do ANYTHING to make her giggle. I live for her smiles.

Supposedly, one of the local wiccians answered a couple of Mormon callers 'sky clad' and invited them in to discuss theology. The older man had to drag the younger guy away

Supposedly, one of the local wiccians answered a couple of Mormon callers 'sky clad' and invited them in to discuss theology. The older man had to drag the younger guy away

LOL I can just see it...
Of course the Wiccan was obviously female and much more attractive than I am.
I guarantee you they would be leaving willingly seeing me and my beer belly and hairy chicken legs.

Re: Call the question

I do know...it makes logical sense that no other explanation does...

Prove your "logic". It is faulty and without proof.

Two angels are curled up on either side of me right now. They look like my tabby cats.

Reread your earlier posts to see where you site this "devil" of yours. If you are honest, as proscribed by YOUR religion you will admit the truth. If not, it is further proof that you are just speaking lies.

Even the title of this thread site a "devil", which you continue to support as a truth.

Last edited:
You act as though you are giving a new revelation...lol...God told us that long ago...

Since there is no god your statement is patently false.

So? I can make up any definition that I want and claim it constitutes proof. You fail again and constantly.
The point of posting those links, son, was to show you that, contrary to what you keep asserting, I neither coined the term nor defined it. The New Atheists are fully responsible for The New Atheists. Own it. ;)

Reread your earlier posts to see where you site this "devil" of yours. If you are honest, as proscribed by YOUR religion you will admit the truth. If not, it is further proof that you are just speaking lies.

Even the title of this thread site a "devil", which you continue to support as a truth.

Well, below and in the following post are quoted ALL of my posts in this thread. There is no mention of a "devil" anywhere.
I would suggest you examine your own relation to honesty and truth, my friend.
Look to it.

The most forlorn people I've know personally in my life have been atheists. Lost without God. But nothing to be done for them. Sad, really.

And since 2001, also the loudest people I know.
Attempting to shout down faith wherever encountered.
Attempting to spread the forlornness.

And maybe they were lost. Sorry if I touched a nerve. What, by the way, do you know about the people I've known in my life?

That's not what happened historically. That's New Atheist rationalizing after the fact.

You're stuck historically in the era of the Spanish Inquisition, it seems.
New Atheists aren't "outspoken," a word we use to describe those with something to say. New Atheists have no argument; they're just loud.

No, they've got their own connection to transcendent reality. How many times must you be told this before it sinks in through the sediment of prejudice?

Yup, that's exactly what New Atheists are doing. Their gurus -- Dawkins & company -- became terrified by religion, published a lot of nonsense, and their followers, also frightened, started spouting a lot of nonsense on the Internet.

I've seen much of the world as a matter of fact. How about you?

Your drivel is supernaturally prescient, however. Are you sure you're an atheist?

Delighted to have handed you a laugh, Peter King. New Atheism, alas, is a laughing matter.

New Atheism has nothing to say, period.
If you're a New Atheist, I challenge you to offer an argument for your atheism.

Atheism is a serious matter in serious-minded men, like Sartre and Camus. Thanks to Dawkins & Company New Atheism has made atheism a joke worldwide. ;)

I didn't say New Atheism did not swell the ranks of atheism; it did. But New Atheism has no beliefs, no argument, no gravitas. It's a fad, a craze, like the hula-hoop.

I did not coin the term "New Atheism"; nor did I bring about the cultural circumstances that inspired the coinage. Your quarrel is with Dawkins & Company, not with me.

It is precisely this kind of equivocating sophistical evasion of responsibility that has, in part, given New Atheism a bad name.

If atheism is not based on a belief -- namely, the belief that God does not exist -- if atheism is not based on this belief, as pusillanimous New Atheists want to say, then atheism is not atheism.

Because they lack the courage of their convictions, because they fear being held accountable for their disbelief, New Atheists have undermined their own atheism.

The great serious-minded atheists of the past like Camus and Sartre have been betrayed by the generation of frivolous atheists spawned by loudmouth know-it-alls like Dawkins and Hitchens and Harris, the New Atheists of the 21st Century.

The source of the term "New Atheist" has been posted above.
The only folks who seem unable or unwilling to "comprehend what Atheism is or just want to deny it" are the New Atheists.
The New Atheist says nothing. My time is spent pointing that out.

Namaste.
Your post is typical of New Atheist

Namaste.

Well, above and in the following post are quoted ALL of my posts in this thread. There is no mention of a "devil" anywhere.
I would suggest you examine your own relation to honesty and truth, my friend.
Look to it.

Namaste.

The point of posting those links, son, was to show you that, contrary to what you keep asserting, I neither coined the term nor defined it. The New Atheists are fully responsible for The New Atheists. Own it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom