• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Trump is Removed From Office for Any Reason Other Than Russia Collusion? It WAS a Witch Hunt!

I’ve been watching the rabid attempts to undermine and unseat the President in the MSM and echoed in this Forum in post after post since November 2016.

Yes, ever since the election after the psychic shock of the “upset” victory wore off, there has been a no holds barred, manic effort to find some way, any way to undo the results of that election either via impeachment or resignation.

It started with simple unfitness for office with members of the mental health professions signing petitions declaring him mentally unfit. Then there was a massive deluge of leaks about any and every thing some “current or former member of government” considered “improper” poured in the willing ears of the MSN.

Finally, thanks to the Steele Dossier the “resistance” jelled around Russian election interference which the President must have actively colluded in. Didn’t he publicly ask the Russian to hack her during his campaign? :roll: (No, he actually didn’t, but don’t let facts get in the way of a narrative.)

Either Director Comey was unaware that his agency, the FBI, used it to get a FISA warrant to tap the communications of Carter Page with the intent to investigate Trump, or his unwillingness to inform the President whether or not he was under investigation which resulted in his discharge was an intentional failure to do his duty.

The President rightly lost trust in him and fired him. After that, it’s been obstruction (which it was not) and “collusion, collusion, collusion!” with nothing to actually show it.

As predicted, the witch hunt may have found some kind of information completely unrelated to “Russian interference,” which not being under Mueller’s writ, has been passed off to “local agency” to investigate. This resulted in the Cohen "raid" via possible money laundering or fund misuse from the Stormy Daniels sex scandal.

Now, it’s “Campaign fund misuse” and “money laundering,” or whatever other dirt may have been found that had nothing to do with the original investigation. This is exactly what all those in this Forum and out in public have been hoping for.

Well, if the President is forced from office for any reason other than knowing and willing conspiracy with a foreign power to undermine the election process, then all the Left’s naysaying notwithstanding, it proves this is and always WAS a “Witch Hunt” with the intent to negate the election by any means necessary.

If successful, then my faith in our system of government will be completely erased; since this will demonstrate that mob "justice" is the rule, and "by any means necessary" is the method.

I would not call this a "Witch Hunt" so much as it is a fishing expedition. A "Witch Hunt" typically connotes the trumped-up unjustified persecution of an otherwise innocent person. Donald Trump is a New York real estate magnate with long-standing ties to the Democratic Party machine and deals that span the globe. If anyone is able to dig far enough and deep enough into his family's and his organization's past and current dealings, will something criminal under Federal Statutory or Regulatory law be found? Almost certainly. What would shock me is if he came out as clean as the driven snow.

The question is whether such scrutiny is justified pursuant to the mandate given to Mueller. If Mueller, during the course of his investigation, finds evidence of crimes totally unrelated to Russian election meddling, should he be able to pursue them and prosecute them? I do not think so. I think the evidence for such crimes must be given over the relevant Federal or State investigative authorities for investigation and prosecution.

Personally, my faith in both our system remains unshaken, despite the high level of erosion of the social fabric. Maybe I am just naive, but I would not worry overmuch.

Last edited:
I’ve been watching the rabid attempts to undermine and unseat the President in the MSM and echoed in this Forum in post after post since November 2016.

Yes, ever since the election after the psychic shock of the “upset” victory wore off, there has been a no holds barred, manic effort to find some way, any way to undo the results of that election either via impeachment or resignation.

It started with simple unfitness for office with members of the mental health professions signing petitions declaring him mentally unfit. Then there was a massive deluge of leaks about any and every thing some “current or former member of government” considered “improper” poured in the willing ears of the MSN.

Finally, thanks to the Steele Dossier the “resistance” jelled around Russian election interference which the President must have actively colluded in. Didn’t he publicly ask the Russian to hack her during his campaign? :roll: (No, he actually didn’t, but don’t let facts get in the way of a narrative.)

Either Director Comey was unaware that his agency, the FBI, used it to get a FISA warrant to tap the communications of Carter Page with the intent to investigate Trump, or his unwillingness to inform the President whether or not he was under investigation which resulted in his discharge was an intentional failure to do his duty.

The President rightly lost trust in him and fired him. After that, it’s been obstruction (which it was not) and “collusion, collusion, collusion!” with nothing to actually show it.

As predicted, the witch hunt may have found some kind of information completely unrelated to “Russian interference,” which not being under Mueller’s writ, has been passed off to “local agency” to investigate. This resulted in the Cohen "raid" via possible money laundering or fund misuse from the Stormy Daniels sex scandal.

Now, it’s “Campaign fund misuse” and “money laundering,” or whatever other dirt may have been found that had nothing to do with the original investigation. This is exactly what all those in this Forum and out in public have been hoping for.

Well, if the President is forced from office for any reason other than knowing and willing conspiracy with a foreign power to undermine the election process, then all the Left’s naysaying notwithstanding, it proves this is and always WAS a “Witch Hunt” with the intent to negate the election by any means necessary.

If successful, then my faith in our system of government will be completely erased; since this will demonstrate that mob "justice" is the rule, and "by any means necessary" is the method.

Got it, so if we find that Donald Trump actually strangled a baby in 2011, we should let him stay president.

Yeah it was great if you were a Trump fan. Oh, or Russian. The rest of the country? The real Republicans? The Independents? The Dems? The Libertarians? etc etc etc - didn't work out so well for them. Or for the elderly, or for immigrants or DACA kids, or for any kids for that matter, or for the working poor, etc.

But that's OK. We certainly know who to point at and laugh during this **** storm. You guys aren't even trying to hide from what has happened to the country. You feed on everybody's misery. :lol: Pretty soon, though - we can feed on yours.

Sure it did.

The elderly are fine. Legal immigrants are fine.

DACA kids should blame obama and congress. They are not legal to be here.
and most are 25 or older. they are still illegal.

Not feeding on anyone's misery at all.
the system worked. people voted and the person that won won.

again your sore loser attitude is not the fault of the system.

Post 1 of 3

Some of the MSM has simply reported reality. Sure, a bit of it might have been over the top, a small portion of it should have been better screened prior to airing, but for the most part they have been reporting facts and well sourced stories. You can't blame the media that the president acts in such undeniably stupid ways and takes such indefensible actions.

There have been numerous stories that are well attributed and that should seriously concern any american. There's a reason that people that have been in the administration are jumping ship at record rates. There's a reason that numerous officials report that the whitehouse is constantly in whirlwind with no direction. Not to mention that it's well known, and even semi-alluded to by the president himself that much of the leaking is being done by people that he put in his administration. He called out Bannon as the source of a bunch of leaks after he got rid of him and most news stories referencing "current white house officials" by definition must be mostly referencing people hired by Trump because the whitehouse isn't exactly crawling with Obama people. Along with this it's well known that Trump likes to call TV pundits and his buddies and ask their opinions on things and chat around. So if we are really upset about all this leaking then I think it's honestly hair to estimate that 90% or more comes directly from either Trump or someone that he put in the whitehouse. I fully agree that there should be no leaking, and I fully agree that if you catch someone leaking classified info they should be punished as required, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for Trump when he is more of the root of it than anyone else.

You also can't blame the MSM for reporting what they are being told by numerous officials. You might not like it but it's their job. I don't like that people are leaking info, but I don't blame it on the press. That should be obvious.

Post 2 of 3

The Steele Dossier was created by a man that is a 22 year MI6 agent with most of his career focused on Russia and who the american intelligence community took very seriously. He had written numerous reports about Russia and the Ukraine prior to this dossier that american intelligence also considered to be serious. He has no history of aiding in political hit-jobs or anything of the kind. He was hired for actual research purposes. To date there is no evidence what so ever that the dossier includes anything other than info that he gained from his trusted sources that he accumulated through his completely unblemished career that focused mostly on Russia.

Comey told the president that he wasn't under investigation. 3 times. He just didn't want to announce it publicly because that would mean the instance Trump ever became under investigation they'd be under pressure to announce such. The dossier was included in the Fisa warrant along with other information and Carter Page had other information on him, even before the trump campaign hired him, that made him a likely target for a Fisa warrant. The fact that you think it's not a good idea to keep an eye on someone with a history of appearing within Russia Spy groups and somehow magically appears in a presidential candidates campaign where he continues contact with Russians is beyond me. If there ever was a case where someone would argue that the US needs a FISA Warrant process, this would be it. The FISA Warrant was approved by numerous different officials. The idea that it was some shoddy work is make believe. You just don't like it. I understand your problem. But that's your problem, not anyone else's.

If the president had simply lost trust and gotten rid of him it wouldn't have been nearly as big a deal as how it actually happened. The president tried to have one on one meetings with Comey (which is not how it works, and Comey said as much to the AG and Deputy AG after it happened) and during this one on one commented on how Comey should take it easy on Flynn. We now know that Flynn at this point had lied about Russia contacts to the FBI. Then after this, the president, completely unannounced and unplanned, fired Comey citing a letter written by the AG and Deputy AG that Comey wasn't up to the job for various reasons and then gave completely different reasons later on in an interview and expressed how he thought the Russia investigation was gone noe that he got rid of Comey to the Russian ambassador. Under anything resembling a normal circumstance the president never would have asked Comey to go easy on someone after shooing everyone else out of the room and they never would have expressed that they did it cause they didn't like that he was investigating things. This is a world of difference that you fail to acknowledge.

Post 3 of 3
I've never seen someone so mad that someone who did something illegal is caught and getting in trouble for it. If it turns out Cohen did nothing wrong then I think everyone will agree that heads need to roll because raiding the president's lawyers house and coming up empty or not having sure fire evidence that he committed a crime is ****ed up beyond belief, but as of right now everything indicates that they do actually think that he has committed crimes and have gone through all of the proper procedures. And even you right now I don't hear saying they did anything wrong. You are just complaining that they dare to go after someone that they think committed a crime(s).

It would prove nothing of the sort. Trump will likely only be removed from office if something extremely illegal and completely verified comes to light. It still requires gigantic hurdles from congress to remove him regardless of what anyone says or thinks. If the overwhelming majority of congress all think the crimes/actions presented are reason to remove him then so be it. That's how it works. Whether you personally like it has no bearing of any significance.

Also, what you are failing to disclose in your post is just exactly how this investigation came to be and what it has discovered.

Will you acknowledge that Trump has publicly lied about campaign contacts with Russians? Or do you think all of the reported contacts are fake and he was telling the truth?

Will you acknowledge that the investigation was started by a republican (Rosenstein) who was appointed by Trump himself and was confirmed with a vote of 94-6?

Will you acknowledge that Mueller is a lifelong republican that has served admirably under numerous presidents?

Will you acknowledge that Comey's testimony of his private meeting with Trump is backed up by his contemporaneous notes and communications with other officials (the acting deputy AG's notes are now public and confirm what he said in testimony)?

Will you acknowledge that all evidence points to the fact that Trump is lying about exactly what was said in his meeting with Comey?

There are countless number of things that that Trump has lied about or has acted in a completely unexplained way that makes this investigation warranted and required. The fact that they found other crimes committed by other people on the side is nothing more than an inconvenient detail and makes no difference int he fact that this investigation is completely on the up and up by all accounts.

You mean like the Koch Bros, the Mercers, those elitist types?

The Koch brothers donated over twice as much money to Hillary Clinton's campaign as they gave to Trump's.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/re...cle=2016&state=&party=&chamber=&sort=A&page=2

Whaddaya mean "...support of the people...it was one of the most uniquely democratic events of the past 200 years"? That kind of hyperbole is right out of the Trump playbook.

Anyway, you can't be serious, given...

1. That Trump lost the popular vote by almost 3 million vote, where other presidents won the election on less than that. Therefore, one cannot say he has the "will of the people" that is, if you define it as a clear majority.

2. That Trump took the White House solely on a fluke of the electoral college system.

3. That Trump won illegitimately With the Help of Sec'y of State Kris Kobach's "Interstate Crosscheck" program, which purged 1.1 million (mostly blacks, Asians, & Hispanics) from the voter registration rolls where the purged numbers in the swing states vastly exceeded the vote count Trump won by ( see Greg Palast | Investigative Reporter ) NOTE: But for crosscheck, Hillary would have taken the swing states.

4. That Republican de facto voter suppression techniques

5. That Comey letter (I personally don't believe it could have single-handedly turned the election, without the other items).

6. Russian meddling. (if Trump only won by 70,000 votes, then it's conceivable the meddling could have tipped the scales, because, yes, FB/Twitter/Soc Media advertising/trolling works, don't think it doesn't ).

Yes, a stronger candidate would have overcame the vote deficits such things caused, but if things were square, despite the fact that she could have directed her campaign more efficiently and effectively, still, she would have won, and that's the point.

Now, I'm not saying "playing unfair" is an issue, since most campaigns do not play fair, and surely Hillary did not play fair during the primary, it's just that there were these other factors beyond her control.
Before anyone shouts "sore loser", check out the Greg Palast link about Interstate Crosscheck. If it were not for that one, you might have had a point.

Those who argue she stole the primary, perhaps, but that's a different debate.

I'm not going to debate FB trolling and other such nonsense. Greg Palast is stirring up the old racial hysteria for his own benefit, having written a book about Interstate Crosscheck, that he sells for profit on his website.

More qualified experts don't agree with him;

"But the data did show that purges disproportionately affected minority or low-income voters in certain communities, (did these communities have a disproportionately high percentage of minorities residents?)

...and white voters in others. In Cincinnati, poverty rates and voter removals appeared interrelated, while race appeared to affect the removal of voters in rural Hancock County, Georgia. In Vermillion County, Indiana, a shrinking population accounted for large numbers of white registered voters being removed from the rolls. (lower income whites favored Trump)

David Becker, the director of elections initiatives at the nonpartisan Pew Center for Charitable Trusts, said the national pattern makes sense to him. “I think you’re finding exactly what I’ve found in my experience,” he told News21.

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2016/08/22/20079/america-scrubs-millions-voter-rolls-it-fair

A new poll out by Rasmussen today says people are now more likely to view Mueller's probe as a witch hunt. The support for Mueller's investigation has dropped significantly since last October.Voters More Likely Now to See Mueller Probe As Partisan Witch Hunt - Rasmussen Reports®

Now vesper finally admits that relentless propaganda, no matter if it's true or not, including Russian propaganda, can change people's opinions (and by extension, who they vote for). Good on you.

No that is not how the method of impeachment works. thinking someone committed a crime is not enough.
there has to be actual evidence and proof that a crime was convicted.

Liberals still have to follow the constitution.
they do not get to make up evidence.

Liberals haven't so far why should they start now.

Now vesper finally admits that relentless propaganda, no matter if it's true or not, including Russian propaganda, can change people's opinions (and by extension, who they vote for). Good on you.

That's rather humorous Mach when it has already been determined that over 90% of Trump coverage is negative in the MSM.

Try again

The Koch brothers donated over twice as much money to Hillary Clinton's campaign as they gave to Trump's.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/re...cle=2016&state=&party=&chamber=&sort=A&page=2

I'm not going to debate FB trolling and other such nonsense. Greg Palast is stirring up the old racial hysteria for his own benefit, having written a book about Interstate Crosscheck, that he sells for profit on his website.

"But the data did show that purges disproportionately affected minority or low-income voters in certain communities, (did these communities have a disproportionately high percentage of minorities residents?)

...and white voters in others. In Cincinnati, poverty rates and voter removals appeared interrelated, while race appeared to affect the removal of voters in rural Hancock County, Georgia. In Vermillion County, Indiana, a shrinking population accounted for large numbers of white registered voters being removed from the rolls. (lower income whites favored Trump)

David Becker, the director of elections initiatives at the nonpartisan Pew Center for Charitable Trusts, said the national pattern makes sense to him. “I think you’re finding exactly what I’ve found in my experience,” he told News21.

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2016/08/22/20079/america-scrubs-millions-voter-rolls-it-fair

Many repub mega-donors supported Hillary, she was far more experienced, and notably corporate friendly (a neolib), stable minded, level headed, and a better candidate, overall, than the Narcissistic egomaniacal Trump ever was. I can definitely see that. But they sure as heck didn't donate to Sanders, who was the favorite among progressives.

Palast made a video and wrote a book, he doesn't have a full time day job, no one gives videos/books away for free, so I'm not knocking him on that. If a message is complicated, requiring a book and a film to get the message accross, and it is produced for that purpose, trying to sell it to recoup costs and earn a living doing it doesn't automatically mean the integrity of the message is compromised. That premise is absurd, for it it were true, then toss out every non fiction book ever written.

Even if his claims are not true, the following are, in my opinion:

Trump lost the popular vote by almost 3 million. many thousands of ballots were not counted due to many states (especially red states, afaik ) not counting provisional ballots, voter suppression is real and favors republicans ( their true motivation for doing it), in a tight race, it is reasonable and logical to assert that Russian FB/soc media trolling had an effect and could have tipped the scales in favor of Trump and as such, it's not "nonsense", and Trump took the white house due to a fluke of the electoral college system. Of all points, the latter is definitely true.

Last edited:
Thread: If Trump is Removed From Office for Any Reason Other Than Russia Collusion? It WAS a Witch Hunt!

Firstly....Trump cannot be removed for "Collusion" as it is not a legal charge.

Secondly...Bank fraud, Money laundering...etc... ARE legal charges and would be aspects of colluding.

Finally...Billy Boy got busted for far less and was lucky to stay in office.

I addressed other points in another reply, I meant to add something about Crosscheck but my 20 minutes were up, so I add this:

The link you provided seemed to be unaware of the issues being reported on by Palast and didn't refute his claims, as such. The rest of the article and more to do with state's routine voter roll maintenance, than the issues of interstate crosscheck being reported on by Palast. Crosscheck is performed right before presidential elections in 29 red states.

Last edited:
That's rather humorous Mach when it has already been determined that over 90% of Trump coverage is negative in the MSM.

Try again

When 90% of your actions are negative that is how the press will cover it.

Charles Manson, another cult leader also got bad press and his followers complained a out that just the same as now.

Thread: If Trump is Removed From Office for Any Reason Other Than Russia Collusion? It WAS a Witch Hunt!

Firstly....Trump cannot be removed for "Collusion" as it is not a legal charge.

Secondly...Bank fraud, Money laundering...etc... ARE legal charges and would be aspects of colluding.

Finally...Billy Boy got busted for far less and was lucky to stay in office.

Collusion is not a legal term, however what comes from collusion is, coordination and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

While we're here. if Trump were to resign, would Pence select a new VP or would the current Speaker assume the position?

Watch what you wish for, Leftists.

Collusion is not a legal term, however what comes from collusion is, coordination and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

So what Hillary and the DNC did with their "opponent research" was collusion?

So what Hillary and the DNC did with their "opponent research" was collusion?

Was that illegal aquired information unpaid for (gift from a hostile government) that was released with the coordination of the campaign?

Or was it legally aquired research turned over to the proper authorities?

See the difference?

Was that illegal aquired information unpaid for (gift from a hostile government) that was released with the coordination of the campaign?

Or was it legally aquired research turned over to the proper authorities?

See the difference?

Hillary's previous campaign started the whole birther movement so, she was already suspect.

You know, your post has caused me to realize in part why I have such low regard & intense dislike of Trump: I spent much of my life under the Cold War!

Could you imagine Trump doing **** like this in October of '62? :doh

as far as I see it, if military action happens it happens, but threatening it in such a rediculous way with disregard for the consequences as well as world safety involving ww3 and a fight against the only govt capable of defeating the us military is beyond stupid. During the cold war america was confident it would beat the soviet union, however too many never wanted to try it, it would likely end in nuclear war and even if it did not we would still lose if we won, the cost to defeat them would be so great it would nullify any victory.

What I see today is hubris, during the cold war we feared russia, fear prevents us from acting stupid, and causes us to think a situation through as well as learn the enemies capabilities and find ways to counter it. Hubris however causes us to do neither, and hubris can easily destroy any nation, even inferior opponents can defeat superior ones if hubris is in play.

I pretty much agree with you except that I would add obstruction of justice. Those were really the two main things Mueller started investigating. But, you are quite correct that if they keep expanding and expanding and expanding the investigation until the find something, anything, to remove Trump from office, then it is an obvious witch hunt.

No, you put your faith in a crook and a liar. That was your choice. That isn't my fault. It's on you.

In other words, you would have rather had the other crook and liar elected president.

Back
Top Bottom