• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I predict Trump will be primaried in 2020

Isn’t that what Wyoming Cheney Republicans want?

No, most of the Big Business Republicans I know are in Trump's hip-pocket.

The only Republicans going #NeverTrump are the Evangelicals... and I suspect that's due to limited sample size and the greater integrity of that sample.

You can't spin a future prediction genius. You spin facts that already exist.

Well can I spit out my icy cold beverage when reading that? Ever think about that future prediction?!?

I think it premature to posit the nature of the 2020 presidential election campaign(s) season.

No, most of the Big Business Republicans I know are in Trump's hip-pocket.

The only Republicans going #NeverTrump are the Evangelicals... and I suspect that's due to limited sample size and the greater integrity of that sample.

Just for the record, I’m the mod/con DEM raging at trump’s tariffs for my family farmers-in-law, and raging at my side of the aisle posters wishing my people suffer on the farm.

You may have already seen the trump tariff protests in Iowa today. Try to catch all the cool farm equipment and jobs they’re showing.

trump will try to sneak into steel mills later in my state, in Granite City, IL. Republicans used to be against choosing a few winners and an avalanche of losers.

I wish us well in bringing both parties back to the center and back to sanity.

Just for the record, I’m the mod/con DEM raging at trump’s tariffs for my family farmers-in-law, and raging at my side of the aisle posters wishing my people suffer on the farm.

Really got to admire the capacity of the Democrats to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Between rigging the primary for the least popular candidate they've ever had, to completely disavowing both progressives and rural voters, to blaming their own base for their electoral defeat... you'd think, all their firebrand rhetoric to the contrary, that the Democrats simply didn't want to win anymore.

They're a horse with a broken leg, savagely kicking out at anyone trying to save them. It's time to take them behind the barn.

I wish us well in bringing both parties back to the center and back to sanity.

Nah. That's not what I want. The American people measure "the center" in terms of the space between the Republicans and Democrats, which are both right-wing authoritarian parties. As a left-liberal, I want at least one of the parties in my country to be a left-liberal party.

Bird can't fly with two right wings.

You think the odds are really good based on what?
Trump should already have been charged with Obstruction of Justice, and these Cohen tapes sound devastating. When your own lawyer is turning on you that's a bad sign. All it's going to take is for Democrats to get reasonable control of Congress to happen. So the odds of Trump getting impeached are approximately equal to the odds of Democrats locking down Congress. The probability of that is about 50/50 in 2018, but it's going to be a lot higher in 2020.

So then let's talk about a primary or a third party candidacy. While 80% of Republicans may say they support Trump the 20% that don't realize what he is, and they know they can't let the nut jobs get control of the party without destroying it. In 2016 I think most moderate Republicans just assumed Hillary Clinton would cream him so they stayed out of it hoping they could say they told them so after the fact and pull the party back in a more rational direction.

They won't rely on that again. Good chance that someone like Kasich or even Bush runs as an independent. They want Trump to lose badly because it's the only way they'll ever get control of their party back.

Mueller may be sitting on some secret bombshell evidence that is going to justify impeaching trump but that's the only basket you have your eggs in.
Mueller isn't sitting on evidence he's sitting on a jury. The evidence to convict Trump already exists. It's in the public domain. The only reason charges haven't already been filed is because Republicans would have to file them. They won't do so out of bias.

Last edited:
Yep. It's unconditional love.

If Kasich runs no he won't get it.

IF there is another sane person then yes they could possibly win the nomination.
We will have to wait and see if there is a challenge.

Kasich ruined himself the last time he ran. He will not carry the base of the republican party.

Although voter approval ratings hover just below 40% in key states which is pretty bad those that wish him to be reelected is right around 30% and lower in the key swing States according to the latest NBC Marist poll.

Therefore, I predict he will be primaried and the likely candidate will be Kasich

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/polls-trump-approval-sags-trio-midwest-states-n894556

He will be primaried... if he even runs for reelection. My guesses in order of likelihood:

1. Doesn't run, citing a fake medical problem or some other lie.

2. Doesn't run, claiming he's already fixed all the problems.

3. Resigns prior to the election for some reason. Most likely because of evidence of wrong doing.

4. Runs and gets primarried by a few contenders. Loses.

5. Runs and wins primary.

6. Runs unopposed. (very, very unlikely)

Trump should already have been charged with Obstruction of Justice, and these Cohen tapes sound devastating. When your own lawyer is turning on you that's a bad sign. All it's going to take is for Democrats to get reasonable control of Congress to happen. So the odds of Trump getting impeached are approximately equal to the odds of Democrats locking down Congress. The probability of that is about 50/50 in 2018, but it's going to be a lot higher in 2020.

So then let's talk about a primary or a third party candidacy.

Mueller isn't sitting on evidence he's sitting on a jury. The evidence to convict Trump already exists. It's in the public domain. The only reason charges haven't already been filed is because Republicans would have to file them. They won't do so out of bias.

Nope no obstruction occurred so he can't be charged with obstruction.

Comey in his testimony pretty much shot that down the tubes. You guys need to get new material repeating the same old nonsense over
again doesn't make it any more true than the first time it was stated.

the cohen tapes do nothing.

If the democrats try to impeach trump a legal sitting president then will destroy themselves for the next 20 years.
The american public is not going to put up with a political party ousting a duly elected president just based on the fact
that they don't like him.

No the evidence doesn't exist otherwise mueller would have already turned it over to congress.
He has nothing on trump.

the rest of your post is pure nonsense.

Really got to admire the capacity of the Democrats to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Between rigging the primary for the least popular candidate they've ever had, to completely disavowing both progressives and rural voters, to blaming their own base for their electoral defeat... you'd think, all their firebrand rhetoric to the contrary, that the Democrats simply didn't want to win anymore.

They're a horse with a broken leg, savagely kicking out at anyone trying to save them. It's time to take them behind the barn.

Nah. That's not what I want. The American people measure "the center" in terms of the space between the Republicans and Democrats, which are both right-wing authoritarian parties. As a left-liberal, I want at least one of the parties in my country to be a left-liberal party.

You’re good, brother. I liked that remark a while back about the Evangelicals. You’ve caused me to reevaluate libertarian-leftism. I’ll be interested to see how you relate that to the second amendment.

I’ll remember that one. It sounds like my one of my Air Force Dad’s Militaryisms.

Gotta go — wifey outing — in love with the Wyoming outdoors — the Big Horn drives, for instance

Nope no obstruction occurred so he can't be charged with obstruction.
You can keep repeating that lie all you want to it isn't going to matter. He is guilty. There's likely even more evidence coming forward, and all it's going to take is a Democrat Congress to seal the deal.

If the democrats try to impeach trump a legal sitting president then will destroy themselves for the next 20 years.
The american public is not going to put up with a political party ousting a duly elected president just based on the fact
that they don't like him.
You're ignoring the reality that the American people don't like him. The percentage of people who say Trump should be impeached is currently equal to the percentage who said Nixon should be impeached at the time.

No the evidence doesn't exist otherwise mueller would have already turned it over to congress.
First, he's still collecting evidence. Second, Congress is controlled by Republicans who will let Trump get away with bloody murder. A good prosecutor will try and get a criminal he's about to charge in front of the right judge or jury before he makes his case.

What could happen is that the Republican Party splits from Trump and that 3 parties will go into the 2020 election (Democrats, Republicans, and Trumpians).

I happen to believe that ultimately there will be 3 parties anyhow and what better time than now to make it happen.

I doubt it. Trumpists love him too much. If he is still eligible to run, he'll rout any primary competition. Only exception would be if he destroys the economy by then, which is possible.

Even then he can just blame Obama, Hillary, Immigrants and the poor and they’ll eat it up.

I see, so you are proposing that the stalemate in Congress that has been evident for the past 10 years remains. It is likely that the Democrats will regain control of the House and perhaps even the Senate, meaning that once again nothing will get done because the parties cannot compromise on anything.

I don't know how old you are, but I still remember prior to 1985 when the parties were able to compromise even though they retained the individual ideologies. It was a good time since everything worked rather well and everyone was generally happy. Now, especially with everything being Republican, there is a large amount (close to 60%) of the population that is not only angry because nothing is being done for them, but there is hate because of the underhanded and bullying way things are being done by the Republicans.

As such, I would much prefer the parties to move toward the center so that everyone can feel better than your approach where YOU get what you want but most everyone else doesn't. It is a very selfish point of view.

So then let's talk about a primary or a third party candidacy. While 80% of Republicans may say they support Trump the 20% that don't realize what he is, and they know they can't let the nut jobs get control of the party without destroying it. In 2016 I think most moderate Republicans just assumed Hillary Clinton would cream him so they stayed out of it hoping they could say they told them so after the fact and pull the party back in a more rational direction.

They won't rely on that again. Good chance that someone like Kasich or even Bush runs as an independent. They want Trump to lose badly because it's the only way they'll ever get control of their party back.

Sorry but I don't see what you see. If you think firing comey is evidence of obstruction I think your going to be very disappointed. Cohen tapes have not revealed anything devastating so far.

It's going to take more than taking back control. They are going to need to present their argument to the people in a convincing manner or they will pay a very big price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

If you think firing Comey is evidence of obstruction I think you're going to be very disappointed.
The firing of Comey, the firing of Andrew McCabe, the attempts to delegitimize the Mueller investigation, the offer to pardon people so they're not tempted to turn on Trump for shorter sentences... Yeah, that all qualify as Obstruction of Justice.

Cohen tapes have not revealed anything devastating so far.
So you think Cohen just released these tapes for the fun of it huh?

It's going to take more than taking back control. They are going to need to present their argument to the people in a convincing manner or they will pay a very big price.
No, they won't. The American people generally hate Trump. Not to mention I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if at least a few Republicans voted for impeachment once it's apparent that it's going to happen anyway.

Sorry but I don't see what you see. If you think firing comey is evidence of obstruction I think your going to be very disappointed. Cohen tapes have not revealed anything devastating so far.

Then again, already Mueller has indicted 25 Russian people and has 5 guilty pleas from Americans close to Trump, so he has been successful so far. Trump is the big fish and therefore he needs to build a solid case against him and I am sure he is doing that. After all, there has been a lot of smoke here already. A fire is sure to be found given that smoke does not exist by itself.

Then again, already Mueller has indicted 25 Russian people and has 5 guilty pleas from Americans close to Trump, so he has been successful so far. Trump is the big fish and therefore he needs to build a solid case against him and I am sure he is doing that. After all, there has been a lot of smoke here already. A fire is sure to be found given that smoke does not exist by itself.
Which of the indictments have something to do with trump working with the Russian go to rig our election?

Kasich is sane. He won't do any better in a GOP primary than he did the last time.

Face it - Trump's base would die rather than oppose anything Trump says or does.

See, this is where so many liberals still don’t get it. Or more likely, they just don’t want to admit it. Trumps base is smarter than you think. In the primaries for example, which of the other 16 candidates would have beaten the crooked Clinton machine? You know, the one who cheated crazy Bernie out of the victory? ZERO.

In order to pull off that upset a different kind of candidate was needed. One who was not beholden to either party, one who was not afraid to call out the do nothing Congress. One who actually had a message, and a vision of where he wanted to take the country.

Clinton had none of that. Her message was Obama 3.0. Even Democrats didn’t like her. Lol.

Hell, I did not vote for trump in the primaries. I did not vote in the primaries. I was a Rubio supporter. Problem was trump KO’ed him pretty early. But I did vote for him in the general, and given similar circumstances I will do it again in 2020.

You can keep repeating that lie all you want to it isn't going to matter. He is guilty. There's likely even more evidence coming forward, and all it's going to take is a Democrat Congress to seal the deal.

Yes you do keep repeating a lie.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/8/james-comey-admits-trump-not-explicit-on-ending-fl/

Mr. Comey said Mr. Trump’s exact statement to him was that he “hoped” the FBI would drop its probe into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. The FBI director said that while Mr. Trump did not order him to drop the investigation, “I took it as a direction.”

“You may take it as a direction, but that’s not what he said,” countered Sen. James E. Risch, Idaho Republican.

“Correct,” Mr. Comey concurred.

“Do you know of anyone that’s ever been charged for hoping something?” Mr. Risch said.

“I don’t, as I sit here,” Mr. Comey said.
SO there goes your obstruction case out the window. No evidence of obstruction so you can stop repeating your lie unless you want to say Comey committed perjury.

You're ignoring the reality that the American people don't like him. The percentage of people who say Trump should be impeached is currently equal to the percentage who said Nixon should be impeached at the time.

I could careless that they don't like him. that has 0 bearing on whether he gets impeached. We have had plenty of not liked presidents it happens.
Not being liked is not grounds for impeachment or removal. That is why the founders wrote the constitution the way they did. So that it would stop people like you.
You cannnot impeach an president unless he has committed high crimes of office.

First, he's still collecting evidence. Second, Congress is controlled by Republicans who will let Trump get away with bloody murder. A good prosecutor will try and get a criminal he's about to charge in front of the right judge or jury before he makes his case.

Again if Mueller had evidence he would have already submitted it to congress so far he has nothing on trump and just a few charges about lying to the FBI which well
they can argued that Hillary's people lied as well and weren't charged so equal protection applies.

Next all the other evidence has nothing to do with the election or trump.

You guys are just crazy over this and you will go more insane when he is cleared of all charges.
again if mueller was insterested in russian meddling he would be going after Fusion GPS, Cinton and the DNC.

we know for a fact that they were involved with Russia and the Urkanian government in trying to meddle with the election.

you need to get your TDS under control.

Which of the indictments have something to do with trump working with the Russian go to rig our election?

Nothing as usual they have had nothing since this thing began.

The firing of Comey, the firing of Andrew McCabe, the attempts to delegitimize the Mueller investigation, the offer to pardon people so they're not tempted to turn on Trump for shorter sentences... Yeah, that all qualify as Obstruction of Justice.

Actually none of that is obstruction of justice without something more to go with it.

So you think Cohen just released these tapes for the fun of it huh?

I have no idea what the intent is but I do know his intent has nothing to do with if it's criminal or not. Cohen did more damage to himself than he did to trump.

No, they won't. The American people generally hate Trump. Not to mention I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if at least a few Republicans voted for impeachment once it's apparent that it's going to happen anyway.

Not liking someone is not the standard we use to convict somebody of a crime. I think your misplacing your confidence in hate trumping (no pun intended) people's sense of wrong and right. People are not going to go along with impeach in a president simply because some people don't like him. You need to make a convincing case. If they don't there will be a huge price to pay.

Although voter approval ratings hover just below 40% in key states which is pretty bad those that wish him to be reelected is right around 30% and lower in the key swing States according to the latest NBC Marist poll.

Therefore, I predict he will be primaried and the likely candidate will be Kasich

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/polls-trump-approval-sags-trio-midwest-states-n894556

One way or another in 2020 trump is done, count on it. The question is; Who's next, not Pence, so Who???

Back
Top Bottom