• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I predict Trump will be primaried in 2020

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Although voter approval ratings hover just below 40% in key states which is pretty bad those that wish him to be reelected is right around 30% and lower in the key swing States according to the latest NBC Marist poll.

Therefore, I predict he will be primaried and the likely candidate will be Kasich

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/polls-trump-approval-sags-trio-midwest-states-n894556
What's the matter, giving up on the impeachment fantasy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

I predict Trump will be primaried in 2020

I doubt it. Trumpists love him too much. If he is still eligible to run, he'll rout any primary competition. Only exception would be if he destroys the economy by then, which is possible.

I still think he may be impeached.

Although voter approval ratings hover just below 40% in key states which is pretty bad those that wish him to be reelected is right around 30% and lower in the key swing States according to the latest NBC Marist poll.

Therefore, I predict he will be primaried and the likely candidate will be Kasich

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/polls-trump-approval-sags-trio-midwest-states-n894556

“Can’t we all just go back to the elites ****ing you” Kasich?

I doubt it. Trumpists love him too much. If he is still eligible to run, he'll rout any primary competition. Only exception would be if he destroys the economy by then, which is possible.

I respectfully disagree....

He may hold sway over a shrinking portion of the GOP but I see the remainder of the GOP just holding on for the ride and hoping to hell he finishes his term while avoiding impeachment.

Hell, a couple of Republicans I know wish he would be impeached and soon so the taint is decreased in time for the next election.

If Trump is still in office, a primary challenge will be unsuccessful given the make up of the Republican primary voters.

Kasich is sane. He won't do any better in a GOP primary than he did the last time.

Face it - Trump's base would die rather than oppose anything Trump says or does.

Kasich is sane. He won't do any better in a GOP primary than he did the last time.

Face it - Trump's base would die rather than oppose anything Trump says or does.

Yep. It's unconditional love.

Pure :spin:

I'm betting you also predicted Trump would never win in 2016 either.

ETA: Kasich's best chances are to join up with the Democratic Party.
He is dead in the water running on the GOP ticket.

Kinda what everyone thought/said when Trump was one of seventeen.........

What's the matter, giving up on the impeachment fantasy?

Actually, I think the odds are really good that both are going to happen. Trump survives until the 2020 election because Democrats can't gain enough seats in the Senate to Impeach him. Then in 2020, he is primaried, or worse yet someone like Kasich runs the third party in the General and leads to a landslide Democratic win including enough votes to take over the house and full Senate. The new Congress is sworn in right after the first of the year. The president isn't sworn in until January 20th. Trump gets impeached at the beginning of January before the new president that beat him in the November election is even sworn in.

Actually, I think the odds are really good that both are going to happen. Trump survives until the 2020 election because Democrats can't gain enough seats in the Senate to Impeach him. Then in 2020, he is primaried, or worse yet someone like Kasich runs the third party in the General and leads to a landslide Democratic win including enough votes to take over the house and full Senate. The new Congress is sworn in right after the first of the year. The president isn't sworn in until January 20th. Trump gets impeached at the beginning of January before the new president that beat him in the November election is even sworn in.

Mostly, I agree with that.

Impeachment takes time, so I doubt that last bit will happen. But the rest is plausible.

How exactly is Kasich sane? His lust for the presidency is what enabled Trump to win the primaries in 2016

Impeachment takes time, so I doubt that last bit will happen.

The evidence that Trump is guilty of these crimes will have been out there for quite some time by this point. If you get enough Democrats into office I think they could handle it quite quickly. In fact, what I would really like to see them do is follow through with an impeachment even after he is out of office if needs be just to make sure the historical record reflects it.

How exactly is Kasich sane? His lust for the presidency is what enabled Trump to win the primaries in 2016

So you're saying that if Kasich backed out Cruz would have won? I don't get your logic.

You think the odds are really good based on what?

I don't deny that each scenerio is possible but none of look highly probable let alone all of them coming together as your predicting.

Who wins control of either house is very much in dispute. As strong as the economy is would indicate that many people will vote to keep the power balance as is. However trumps popularity being under 50% indicates people will want to put a check on his power. I think it's too early to predict but it looks like it's 50/50 odds which party wins the midterms.

Mueller may be sitting on some secret bombshell evidence that is going to justify impeaching trump but that's the only basket you have your eggs in. There isn't anything else to point at and there hasn't been anything released to the public that would indicate there is evidence of anything that's impeachable linked to trump. In fact it's being reported that Mueller is broadening his investigation to looking at his tweets now.

Maybe he is looking for secret coded messages hidden inside his tweets, I don't know. It looks like an act of desperation to find something.

Saying the odds look really good seems like a big exaggeration. What do you base that claim on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Nope! Not if he makes it that far. But he defiantly can be (should be) beat.

ETA: Kasich's best chances are to join up with the Democratic Party.
He is dead in the water running on the GOP ticket.

And why not? The Democrats are acting like Bush-era Republicans anyway.

If I follow the far left's thinking here, by 2020 Trump will have established a fascist dictatorship, and there Won't be any presidential election in 2020.

I predict Trump will be forced to resign before 2020.

Regardless, I can't imagine Trump running again. If he survives the first term, he'll do what Nixon should have done after his first term, cash in his chips and gone home.

Back
Top Bottom