• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many more illegal migrants should we allow in through the border?

How many more illegal migrants should we accept?

• No more. Legal immigration only

• 1 million

• 5 million

• 10 million

• 100 million

• 1 billion

• Unlimited

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Dems could do this more forcefully now, but again, the Reoublucans will just say the bill is inadequate and only Trump can solve the problem.

And what's the problem with letting them own that position? It's not going to gain Trump any additional voters...it just makes the GOP look like they're full of shit on the topic.

I'd rather live next to an illegal rather than a trumptard.

Thats just me.

Yes, many Republican senators were surely eager to tell their constituents that they were doing something about immigration with this bill, but then Trump struck. His election needs are greater than their's.
And GOP's election needs are tied to Trump's winning in November.
If Trump wins, then all of the GOP wins

And what's the problem with letting them own that position? It's not going to gain Trump any additional voters...it just makes the GOP look like they're full of shit on the topic.
If you are in Heaven with the Almighty, then you should watch your profanity. You might get your mouth washed out with heavenly soap.

If you are in Heaven with the Almighty, then you should watch your profanity. You might get your mouth washed out with heavenly soap.

Lol, even if I was religious, it's not a sin to say "shit." Or "****," or any number of other manmade cusswords.

We shouldn't “allow” any illegal ones through the border. That doesn't mean we shouldn't deal in a reasonable way with those that manage to do so, but we shouldn't outwardly “allow” for it.

I stand by my stance I’ve had for a while. Asylum laws should be changed where you have to request it at an actual point of entry, an embassy, or via some automated process while in another country (if you want to go the app route). Entering illegally and THEN claiming asylum should be disallowed. If you legitimately wish to claim it then come in through one of the many different legal entry points and claim it.

I'd even be fine, in conjunction with that, creating a handful of entry points dedicated solely to asylum seekers and increase staffing there if judges to quicken adjudication of the matter.
Yes, the law would have to be changed. Nevertheless one has to deal with those who: 1- are ignorant of the law; 2- the prohibition on returning those to danger that the US-ratified treaties contain. One could withhold their removal until and if hime country conditions change. But I repeat what I posted earlier, that the Refugee Act’s current language recognizes the chaotic nature of refugee flight and the misinformation they may be operating under when they make decisions.

The political parties we have are the ones inadequate for the job.
Abbott is making a good point. Just like DeSantis who gave a free vacation to 50 Venezuelans on Martha's Vineyard.
Abbott is doing what Biden is trying to do in transporting migrants to various sanctuary cities.
Abbott is acting like some third grader, saying NYAH-NYAH to the system, and using human beings who may already be stressed as his pawns to make a cheap political point.

Abbott is acting like some third grader, saying NYAH-NYAH to the system, and using human beings who may already be stressed as his pawns to make a cheap political point.
Imagine that. A Liberal who doesn't like a Conservative governor who, in turn, doesn't like presidents who won't uphold Federals laws which are supposed to keep out millions of illegal aliens sneaking into our country.
If Abbott continues to do what he is doing to make Biden look bad and perhaps lose the election, then I can't complain about that.

Reactions: PoS
Lol, even if I was religious, it's not a sin to say "shit." Or "****," or any number of other manmade cusswords.
When I was in Catholic school, I couldn't say any nasty four-letter words. Why do you think you have a dispensation in Heaven to say what you want?

Imagine that. A Liberal who doesn't like a Conservative governor who, in turn, doesn't like presidents who won't uphold Federals laws which are supposed to keep out millions of illegal aliens sneaking into our country.
If Abbott continues to do what he is doing to make Biden look bad and perhaps lose the election, then I can't complain about that.
The alternative is fascism. Nice! What on earth are you posting?

Link to archived image of June, 2023, NY Times article,

Not only "no more," but also catch, process, and expel every single one of those allowed in starting the day Biden cancelled all Trump's border executive orders.

Also build the southern border wall, improve electronic monitoring, improve seismic monitoring, and start seismic testing to find and destroy all tunnels.

Re-establish remain in Mexico, and also increase the number of Immigration judges to process actual asylum and legal applications for citizenship.

Finally, take all the crappy "exceptions" out of the attempt to create the recent "immigration law" while keeping in all the most restrictive requirements and significantly reduce the number of immigrants that can be processed on a day-to-day, week-to-week, month-to-month basis.
You do realize that doing this will take a lot more money than what is currently allocated, don't you? Are you o.k. with spending more thus raising the deficit and debt or taxes to pay for it?

You do realize that doing this will take a lot more money than what is currently allocated, don't you? Are you o.k. with spending more thus raising the deficit and debt or taxes to pay for it?

The only reason we have this growing "deficit" is because Congress is spending more money than they acquire in taxes and other income sources (tariffs, etc.). So no I am not "okay" with raising the debt. But we are already doing so by allowing all this mass-migration, with hundreds of millions of dollars going to "help" these migrants, while they are also stealing American jobs. Not to forget also robbing, selling drugs, using property law (squatter's rights) to steal people's homes or other buildings, or engaging in child or adult prostitution.

Of course, when it comes to paying for foreign aid and military supplies, that money is actually going to two of the three main sources of steady employment and tax revenue outside of government employment. The military-industrial "complex," and the food production "complex." The Medical-Pharmaceutical "complex" is banking on all this gender-bending nonsense now that Covid fears are gone, although there are rumors of a possible "new virus" popping up.

Where do you think the money would also start going to if my suggestions about border construction, counter-mining tunnels, and border security would go to? American citizens in new job creation pumping the money back into the American economy. Like any historical public works projects.

Last edited:
All of the undocumented problem is still nonsense. Those blathering against it who aren’t writing the Attorney General, the Congress and both POTUS candidates demanding enforcement of Title 8 U.S.C. § 1324a(a)(1) is either unknowing or doesn’t actually care to solve the problem, they just want to complain about it.

The alternative is fascism. Nice! What on earth are you posting?
That's your alternative, radical poster still with the stupid picture of DeSantis. Can't you see when other readers get sick of the same drumbeat?

LOL my boy? Youre the one who keeps voting for him.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LOL where have I advocated for a white America since it never existed. You and youre ilk are so full of hate you want to destroy our institutions just to one up those who vote differently than you. Youre everything MLK stood against.
The institutions the folks on the right don't trust, we on the left are destroying them? Try selling your view elsewhere, if it were so accurate, the gop wouldn't be a ninety percent white base and an even higher percentage of white men as elected republican officials, the big tent I hear it called. You don't have to advocate for an all white society to wish there was one.

President Biden IS upholding federal laws that both prohibit illegal entry and require the US to consider asylum claims. Why do you seem to have a problem with that?

President Biden IS upholding federal laws that both prohibit illegal entry and require the US to consider asylum claims. Why do you seem to have a problem with that?
What country do you live in Nickjo?
Yeah, I have a problem with a president who doesn't give a shit how many millions of illegal aliens he has allowed into this country since 2021.
If you don't care how many illegal aliens have sneaked into our country in three years, then there is no point in discussing the crisis with you.

Of the nearly 6 million illegal alien encounters from January 20, 2021, through September 30, 2023, at least 3,095,577 illegal aliens had no confirmed departure from the United States as of September 30, 2023.
That is an increase of 631,153 illegal aliens in just the six months between March 31, 2023, and September 30, 2023,8 and does not
include any releases from record-high encounters in the period from October through December 2023 or the more than 1.7 million known “gotaways” who entered the United States under Biden’s watch.9 According to press reports, so far in fiscal year 2024, which began on October 1, 2023, “Border Patrol has released more than 386,500 illegal
aliens.

However many it takes for y'all to lose your collective minds. Which probably wouldn't require all that many really. :ROFLMAO: :D

What country do you live in Nickjo?
Yeah, I have a problem with a president who doesn't give a shit how many millions of illegal aliens he has allowed into this country since 2021.
If you don't care how many illegal aliens have sneaked into our country in three years, then there is no point in discussing the crisis with you.

Of the nearly 6 million illegal alien encounters from January 20, 2021, through September 30, 2023, at least 3,095,577 illegal aliens had no confirmed departure from the United States as of September 30, 2023.
That is an increase of 631,153 illegal aliens in just the six months between March 31, 2023, and September 30, 2023,8 and does not
include any releases from record-high encounters in the period from October through December 2023 or the more than 1.7 million known “gotaways” who entered the United States under Biden’s watch.9 According to press reports, so far in fiscal year 2024, which began on October 1, 2023, “Border Patrol has released more than 386,500 illegal
aliens.

I live in a country that passed the Refugee Act of 1980, which guarantees the right of aliens to apply for asylum “irrespective of status.” It is also a country whose Senate has ratified three treaties relevant to this topic, treaties which prohibit returning refugees to danger. I live in a country which depends on immigrant labor but has politicians who demonize those who do jobs they would never think of doing or sending their kids to do. Don’t like it, go pick your own vegetables and fruits, go work in meat packing plants, go harvest cane for sugar to put in your coffee, go clean motel rooms, go stand on street corners for day labor, etc. Dont like it, work to change the trade relationships between the US and countries from which migrants come and/or change working conditions in those countries. Don’t like it, support unions in the US that would raise wages and make working in some places more attractive to citizens who would displace illegals.

I didn’t think so.

again, everyone here can see how weird your system is (support trump, deny it, call democrats/liberals/non-republicans republicans).

"weird" is being generous.
LOL you just described your own belief system. Confession again.
God are you ever a lazy reader...

PolitiFact ruling​

Mostly False
Mostly False

Haley said, "We’ve had 8 million" immigrants come to the U.S. illegally under Biden and they only sent back 142,000."
There have been 8.1 million encounters with migrants nationwide under Biden, but that number does not represent unique individuals. And not all who were stopped were allowed to stay in the U.S.
The 142,000 refers only to ICE removals in fiscal year 2023. But that is not the only way migrants can be sent out of the U.S. There have been 3.6 million removals, returns and expulsions under Biden’s administration. This data also represents events, not people.
Haley’s claim contains an element of truth in the numbers she cites but ignores additional data and critical context about immigration.
We rate it Mostly False.
Strawman since that wasnt the article I was referring to.
The institutions the folks on the right don't trust, we on the left are destroying them? Try selling your view elsewhere, if it were so accurate, the gop wouldn't be a ninety percent white base and an even higher percentage of white men as elected republican officials, the big tent I hear it called. You don't have to advocate for an all white society to wish there was one.
Im not part of the GOP so stop strawmanning.
However many it takes for y'all to lose your collective minds. Which probably wouldn't require all that many really. :ROFLMAO: :D
You hate America, we get it.

LOL you just described your own belief system. Confession again.

Strawman since that wasnt the article I was referring to.

Im not part of the GOP so stop strawmanning.

You hate America, we get it.
You hate america, we get it. How childish of you. I thought I was special when you said that to me but now I see you say it to everyone. I'm so disappointed. Tell us if you would, do you vote democratic? You sir are the essence of the gop.

God are you ever a lazy reader...

PolitiFact ruling​

Mostly False
Mostly False

Haley said, "We’ve had 8 million" immigrants come to the U.S. illegally under Biden and they only sent back 142,000."
There have been 8.1 million encounters with migrants nationwide under Biden, but that number does not represent unique individuals. And not all who were stopped were allowed to stay in the U.S.
The 142,000 refers only to ICE removals in fiscal year 2023. But that is not the only way migrants can be sent out of the U.S. There have been 3.6 million removals, returns and expulsions under Biden’s administration. This data also represents events, not people.
Haley’s claim contains an element of truth in the numbers she cites but ignores additional data and critical context about immigration.
We rate it Mostly False.
we rate Politifact mostly biased.

8.1 million encounters doesn’t account for the gotaways. Estimated gotaways = From fiscal years 2021 through 2023, which included data for October 2020 through September 2023, around 1,589,155 "gotaways" wererecorded by Border Patrol for the Southwest border. This was in addition to the 8.1 million-plus encounters recorded by officials — not just detected — along the Southwest border.

Standard of living will go UP for illegals and DOWN for native citizens.
Well, right, and therein lies the problem. That's a bad thing for us.

What should be happening is that the US should stop doing things that reduce the standard of living in some countries. And, those other countries, like Mexico, should be taking steps to liberalize, so that they can improve their own standards of living.

The broken border not immigration number one issue.

Good thing it will stop being an "issue" again this November 6th.

We won't hear about it again until the next election cycle. Thats how much of a "crisis" it is LOL.

I live in a country that passed the Refugee Act of 1980, which guarantees the right of aliens to apply for asylum “irrespective of status.” It is also a country whose Senate has ratified three treaties relevant to this topic, treaties which prohibit returning refugees to danger. I live in a country which depends on immigrant labor but has politicians who demonize those who do jobs they would never think of doing or sending their kids to do. Don’t like it, go pick your own vegetables and fruits, go work in meat packing plants, go harvest cane for sugar to put in your coffee, go clean motel rooms, go stand on street corners for day labor, etc. Dont like it, work to change the trade relationships between the US and countries from which migrants come and/or change working conditions in those countries. Don’t like it, support unions in the US that would raise wages and make working in some places more attractive to citizens who would displace illegals.

I didn’t think so.

Don't like it. If the jobs weren't here then they wouldn't come. Americans hire them. They know if they can get here a job is waiting.

Now what is the real problem here? Illegals sneaking across our border? Or the Americans hiring them?

The whole illegal immigration issue is just a ploy by the republican party to fire up their redneck base. When have Republicans in congress ever done anything to stem the tide. They know their big donor base wants that illegal labor here.

Back
Top Bottom