• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hope is ending ....

Cable

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Hope is over now according to Michelle O.

What she doesn't get, and what Hillary didn't get ("Why aren't I 50 points ahead?"), is that this is a repudiation of Progressive Globalism. It wasn't an accident or a fluke. People are sick of the crap.
You hear the Progressives crying about a Russian hack influencing the election, and to some extent, rightfully so. But the main stream media has been influencing elections for quite some time, and they have now lost their reputations over it. People aren't stupid. The Progressive main-stream media propaganda machine is no longer having the influence it once enjoyed. Folks are wising up.

We now have hope for jobs vs. a fear of the environment failing. Yes, global warming is real, and it's been going on for thousands of years. Deal with it.
America is a nation. To heck with the globalists. They are getting a spanking all over the glove now. Amen.

We have more hope now than we've had in a long time Michelle. No thanks to BO.

What she doesn't get, and what Hillary didn't get ("Why aren't I 50 points ahead?"), is that this is a repudiation of Progressive Globalism. It wasn't an accident or a fluke. People are sick of the crap.
You hear the Progressives crying about a Russian hack influencing the election, and to some extent, rightfully so. But the main stream media has been influencing elections for quite some time, and they have now lost their reputations over it. People aren't stupid. The Progressive main-stream media propaganda machine is no longer having the influence it once enjoyed. Folks are wising up.

We now have hope for jobs vs. a fear of the environment failing. Yes, global warming is real, and it's been going on for thousands of years. Deal with it.
America is a nation. To heck with the globalists. They are getting a spanking all over the glove now. Amen.

Congratulations to you and all the Trump Supporters! Team Trump, even with far less campaign cash than their formidable opponent, implemented a far superior strategy and pulled off a stunning upset. I cannot deny their success. Trump entertains me. In the coming months we get to find out if Team Trump can govern successfully in the public sector on the world's largest stage.

I tend to agree that the state of mind in the populace is due to a set of causes of which the perceived effects of globalisation are a part and parcel to, though, not probably poorly perceived.
Most people in the 50s through the 70s remembered personally or by way of their young parents' experience, how much they owed globalisation, then called foreign affairs and trade. Today lots of people lack the family intelligence or economic training to believe the level to which even the bottom 5 percent depend on free global trade for their lifestyle. They do not understand the elemental wisdom of accepting knowledge of the economic functions and working on improving one's own economy to use free trade to the hilt.

Her despair is welcome.

Congratulations to you and all the Trump Supporters! Team Trump, even with far less campaign cash than their formidable opponent, implemented a far superior strategy and pulled off a stunning upset. I cannot deny their success. Trump entertains me. In the coming months we get to find out if Team Trump can govern successfully in the public sector on the world's largest stage.

Sort of like Agincourt. What would Henry do with his victory?

I appreciate your humility, it is a rare quality these days. We really are all in this together and I wish more Progressives dropped the "win by any means" method and would just be at least pragmatic with honesty. Cheers Trippy.

I tend to agree that the state of mind in the populace is due to a set of causes of which the perceived effects of globalisation are a part and parcel to, though, not probably poorly perceived.
Most people in the 50s through the 70s remembered personally or by way of their young parents' experience, how much they owed globalisation, then called foreign affairs and trade. Today lots of people lack the family intelligence or economic training to believe the level to which even the bottom 5 percent depend on free global trade for their lifestyle. They do not understand the elemental wisdom of accepting knowledge of the economic functions and working on improving one's own economy to use free trade to the hilt.

What you say has some truth to it, but that is not the globalist agenda I am talking about. There actually is a elite world order that wants to level the entire playing field, only to rule it.
We can only help others up via our prosperity. The globalist agenda I am referring to isn't about prosperity for America. They are about leveling all and consolidating power to the elite. This is a grievous evil for the world and it's people.
This has nothing to do with trade.
If you look at the deep progressive agendas they are about controlling the entire population of the world. Global warming fear is a stellar example of consolidating control over the entire globe, to the elite ruling class.
People are beginning to understand it's not about polar bears, it's about controlling their lives to the 10th degree.

If asked in a survey right now if I have a favorable impression of Michelle Obama. I would answer "Yes" and say I think she performed her role as First Lady honorably. If asked in the same imaginary survey if I agree with any portion of her notion that the election of Trump gives cause for a loss of hope, I would answer "I strongly disagree" then think to myself "... another partisan politician's spouse willing to sell off parts of her soul for personal power".

I'd have to agree with you Cable.

I don't understand why the left is being so overly dramatic about the election loss. Disappointed, yes. But why all of the excessive, way over the top hyperbole?

I've seen posts which liken the Trump Thank You Tour to the Nazi Nuremberg rally claiming that Trump is a Fascist. That's ridiculous. He's no Fascist.

I've seen posts which show Jews with stars of Davids on their lapel, as if Trump's going to start up extermination camps.

Unfounded claims that Trump's going to pocket millions, and make decisions as president driven by only what will benefit himself. That's unfounded, as Trump's agreed to only accept a salary of $1. Hillary has more of a track record in this regard, the way she conducted a pay to play while SoS, and the Clinton Foundation remains under FBI investigation to that regard.

The biased media has joined in the wailing and gnashing of teeth, seemingly taking every possible opportunity, founded in fact or not (here's your fake news), to bash Trump. It was the same during the Bush administration, but now, it seems all the worse, far more vicious and far less founded in fact. Granted there are legitimate issues, such as Trump's conflict of interest with his business interests, but more often than not, these attacks aren't founded in facts.

Some are of the opinion that this is only the beginning; that the media and the left will escalate the attacks vitriol to even higher unprecedented levels of antagonism and acrimony. All this will only further serve to keep the nation divided, this on going beating of the war drum of theirs. Is this really what they think is best for the nation? I can hardly imagine that this is the case.

Meanwhile, in the real world between the coasts, outside of the beltway reality distortion field and the liberal / progressive echo chamber of the coasts, I sense an uplift, an optimism, one that has been missing for all the years of the Obama administration.

Small business, the greatest job segment of the economy, has this optimism, and appears to promise expansion and hiring in the coming year, something they've been hesitant to do all the years of the Obama administration. And who would blame them with the torrent of productivity sapping regulations imposed on them by Obama and his administration; the possibility of turning some of these regulations back instills this optimism in them.

So while I acknowledge that the left has a right to be downhearted about the election loss, I just don't see any foundation in their claim that 'All Hope is lost', and think that this is just their over dramatic hyperbole.

While I wasn't a Trump supporter, nor did I vote for him, I congratulate you for at least wanting to give him a chance and not judging him by biased liberal standards and being intelligent enough to understand why the Democrats lost. I am a moderate and have voted for both Republicans and Democrats and Independents and I sincerely hope the left learns from the election instead of burying their heads in the sand, which many are doing by blaming the loss on everything but themselves. Like an alcoholic, you can't move forward until you accept you have a problem.

If asked in a survey right now if I have a favorable impression of Michelle Obama. I would answer "Yes" and say I think she performed her role as First Lady honorably. If asked in the same imaginary survey if I agree with any portion of her notion that the election of Trump gives cause for a loss of hope, I would answer "I strongly disagree" then think to myself "... another partisan politician's spouse willing to sell off parts of her soul for personal power".

I agree on both counts.

I'd have to agree with you Cable....
Some are of the opinion that this is only the beginning; that the media and the left will escalate the attacks vitriol to even higher unprecedented levels of antagonism and acrimony. All this will only further serve to keep the nation divided, this on going beating of the war drum of theirs. Is this really what they think is best for the nation? I can hardly imagine that this is the case.
So while I acknowledge that the left has a right to be downhearted about the election loss, I just don't see any foundation in their claim that 'All Hope is lost', and think that this is just their over dramatic hyperbole.

Very well said, all of it E. The ones that you see that just can't accept this outcome, these are the ones leaning toward tyrannical political points of view. They are the fringe, and they let themselves believe that everyone was on board with them and the world was right. Welcome to reality. That tyrannical view is not ok with most folks. Trump certainly isn't the best, but I find I am optimistic for the first time in a long time about our future prosperity. You are dead right about the regulation issue, and it's impact on small biz.

Agreed. Michelle Obama's done a superb job as FLOTUS and as a public servant in general, and she is a venerable individual all-around in general.

Compare to another FLOTUS and politician in question of whom I will not name...

With the bar set so low by Brock O'Bama, Trump shouldn't have any trouble performing at least adequately. ;)

It turns out that Hillary was not so formidable a candidate as we were led to believe.

If she was, she would have won.

I still can't believe that the Minnesota Vikings lost 4 Super Bowls. I guess I should say "IV" Super Bowls.

The FACT of the matter, though, is that they did.

No matter how many times we were told that the Emperor has a beautiful robe, the FACT of the matter was that the Emperor had no clothes.

The people who see less opportunity, greater debt, less security, greater division, less peace and greater tragedy are starting to believe that everything is not the best it's ever been.

Who should they believe? The sacred media or their lyin' eyes?

Just too dumb to vote democrat, eh? Yeah, just keep that up. You'll win them over eventually.

I think it is ironic that the left was perfectly fine with taking the hope away from the right and now, if they are smart, they will learn from having a taste of their own medicine. I don't think they are that smart though. They will live with the hope that in four years they can return to taking the hope away from the right. We need a president who will give both sides hope, not just one.

Agreed. Michelle Obama's done a superb job as FLOTUS and as a public servant in general, and she is a venerable individual all-around in general.

Compare to another FLOTUS and politician in question of whom I will not name...

I most objected to the FLOTUS Michelle because instead of just offering campaigns of education and advice she got regulations enacted that enforced her dietary agenda in the public schools. Nobody liked that, least of all the students. It was an oppressive and typically authoritarian move for a left winger.

Progressives want freedom of drugs and they used to want freedom of sex, but for everything else they want total control of our lives.

I most objected to the FLOTUS Michelle because instead of just offering campaigns of education and advice she got regulations enacted that enforced her dietary agenda in the public schools. Nobody liked that, least of all the students. It was an oppressive and typically authoritarian move for a left winger.

Progressives want freedom of drugs and they used to want freedom of sex, but for everything else they want total control of our lives.

I admit I didn't like the dietary agenda stuff. I don't think it was borne out of malice though, more so political naivete than anything else.

After 8 years of Obama, he finally came through on his promise of hope and change.

I admit I didn't like the dietary agenda stuff. I don't think it was borne out of malice though, more so political naivete than anything else.

Of course it's never done maliciously. All those regulations are made with the best of intentions. But they never consider that those regulations may have serious unintended consequences and much of the time are unnecessary. One consequence of M's dietary rules was that a lot of innocent spinach, kale, okra, beets, etc., got thrown in the trash, and the kids nourished themselves with candy bars they sneaked in.

I hope she feels so hopeless that she drags her gaggle off to some other country where she has more hope. I suggest Belize.

Just too dumb to vote democrat, eh? Yeah, just keep that up. You'll win them over eventually.

Oh. But that was quite far removed from liberals' view of things. The opposite at its heart, actually.

Of course it's never done maliciously. All those regulations are made with the best of intentions. But they never consider that those regulations may have serious unintended consequences and much of the time are unnecessary. One consequence of M's dietary rules was that a lot of innocent spinach, kale, okra, beets, etc., got thrown in the trash, and the kids nourished themselves with candy bars they sneaked in.

Funny you say this. I used to be a custodian at a jr high school once upon a time. In the quad area where lunch was eaten were three trashcans. Every day they were filled to the top with bag lunches, untouched.
I used to collect a lot of it to feed my chickens as I couldn't stand the waste. But it was amazing to see. If parents had any idea.....

You can say that about all liberal policies. Good intentions all but when they don't work their only solution is they didn't do enough and double down on the same thing that didn't work before and then when that doesn't work they double down again. They think that surely good intentions will eventually win out in the end. Meanwhile, back to reality, someone like Trump gets elected because liberal policies weren't working.

Back
Top Bottom